PDA

View Full Version : Something odd.

The Great Butler
10th April 2006, 12:20 AM
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I've no clue what it means. This appeared when I tried to go into the chatroom:

[19:19] End of /MOTD command.
[19:19] *** Mode changed to i
[19:19] #SPP Cannot join channel (+b)

What does that mean? I'm completely baffled by it.

Ethereal
10th April 2006, 12:29 AM
It means you're banned. D:

The Great Butler
10th April 2006, 12:32 AM
OK..........

Is it alright to ask for an explanation, then? Because I didn't do anything that would get me banned---I follow the rules diligently, to the letter. Personally I suspect someone hacked me again.......

Ethereal
10th April 2006, 12:48 AM
Ghosting you isn't "hacking you". :/

The Great Butler
10th April 2006, 12:52 AM
Eh, whatever the terminology is, I still didn't do anything. I also know it must have happened in the past 24 hours, since I'm sure I was on last night at this time with no problems.

The only thing I've ever gotten kicked for is too many caps in one post. That's what makes it even more aggravating......

Kirby
10th April 2006, 1:17 AM
Perhaps someone with your same hostmask got banned, and that affected you as well.

I know that in another IRC chat I visit, anyone with aol is auto banned, due to the many problems we have with aol users :/

The Great Butler
10th April 2006, 1:28 AM
That makes sense to me. I just have one more question---I will be un-banned, right? Since it appears to simply be a mistake, it should blow over, I'd think.

Shadow Lugia206
15th April 2006, 4:39 PM
What is a hostmask?

SuperShadow the Hedgehog
15th April 2006, 6:43 PM
This completely unrelated, but when I used to use a school computer on Neopets, I would sometimes get into someone else's account because other kids have logged in on other computers on the school network.

Would the school network or possible even the K12.net or whatever domain system thing would be the hostmask?