10th April 2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/planeshift/flametongue_kavu.jpg
Flametongue Kavu - Planeshift. Uncommon
3R: Creature - Kavu
When Flametongue Kavu comes into play, it deals 4 damage to target creature
"For dim-witted, thick-skulled genetic mutants, they have pretty good aim."
-Sisay
4/2

Just an overall good card. You can ping a creature for 4 (that'll kill 85% of creatures) then get a 4/2 for 4. Only costs R and the rest are colorless, mana wise.

The Duck's Rating: 3.5/5

Shadow Trainer
10th April 2006, 2:56 AM
Great card. A 4/2 for four that will kill most early to midgame creatures. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
10th April 2006, 2:50 PM
w00t for some destruction. 4 damage pretty much wipes out most creatures on the field 4th turn downwards, and it gets a hefty 4/2 score. All that for 4 mana. Pretty efficient if you ask me.

3/5

chaoslord
11th April 2006, 1:46 AM
4/5. This card is insane. Enough said.

Sika
11th April 2006, 1:52 AM
*coughFlingcough*

I <3 this card. 4 damage and a 4/2 for only 3R. Not-so-old-yet-not-so-new school ftw.

Great for decks with big creatures. I will not think twice to put this on a Red-Green deck. Too bad that Red isn't a color to make decks with big creatures on its own.

3.75/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
11th April 2006, 7:03 AM
Its 4/2 score makes it die pretty easily. But that's fine.

The thing that holds the whole card together is that it gets an uber-high ping together with okay power and toughness. If it were either alone, it wouldn't be that great, but both together makes it a shoo-in for mid-game action.

Broodstar
16th April 2006, 6:32 PM
A lightning blast+a 4/2+for only 4=3.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
18th April 2006, 2:53 PM
Oh yeah, depending on your environment, the ping may be useless. I dunno, I mean, if someone comes along with a Crowd Control deck, you might wanna chuck this somewhere in the sideboard while you bring out the big ones.