PDA

View Full Version : Odd Scenario

Illegible
10th April 2006, 2:56 AM
Okay, this is possible in everg game pasr G/S/C, yet it is most-probable to happen in G/S/C.

Trainer A had a fast Ditto. Trainer B has a Normal pkmn w. Encore, say Togetic. Ditto uses Transform. Togetic uses Encore. The Ditto, assuming Transform successfully works, no longer knows Transform. Probably not, but does Encore hinder the Ditto from attacking, because it no longer knows "Transform", or does it "But if failed." when Togetic uses it?

I could try this myself, but I am sure somebody here would have the answer.

Mega Trickster
10th April 2006, 3:10 AM
Ditto will probably end up using struggle if Encore is successful.

I could hack my Gold and create a scenario like this but I have to get it's internal battery replaced.

Happy if I helped.

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
10th April 2006, 3:42 AM
Hmmm, it would be the same with mimic too, this is interesting, i would assume struggle would be used, but i dont know, i have to try this out...

pugman3000
10th April 2006, 4:03 AM
This is a very interesting question. I had to think very hard on this one and I have to agree with the above responses. To me it seems like Ditto would have to use struggle. I will have to investigate this further.

Megg Lavender
10th April 2006, 3:22 PM
Wow, I never thought of this. Ditto would probably have to end up using struggle, since it doesn't have anymore moves to use. (I guess I'll investigate this soon, too).

Gulzar
10th April 2006, 11:53 PM
A very interesting concept! You certainly got me interested!
First of all, no matter how fast a Ditto is, Transform always goes second in battle. That cancels out most of the speculation. The better way to go about this is to get a Ditto that is slower than your pokémon, and use Encore after Ditto has transformed. Unfortunately, when Ditto transforms, it mimics your speed as well, so Ditto would be able to attack first, and therefore negate Encore.
If, however, you were to use a GameShark (as I did to test this out), you could increase your pokémon’s stats after Ditto mimicked it. Then, when you used Encore after Ditto transformed, you would strike first. Unfortunately, you will always get this message:

Encore Battle (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/Encorebattle.png)

So, basically Encore doesn’t work on the move Transform, and this is barely provable without GameShark. Good guesses though.
Also, just an F.Y.I., Struggle only is used when a pokémon has no more moves, not as a substitution for another move.
b.t.w, pm me if you want the GameShark codes I used to test this out.
;001;

The Organizer
16th April 2006, 2:31 PM
Ditto will use struggle.

The Benmeister
16th April 2006, 2:56 PM
I tried this, and the Encore always fails. It would be interesting if it didn't, but the game realises that the Transform is no longer existant in the Ditto's moveset during that particular battle.

WhiteWizard42
16th April 2006, 3:07 PM
A very interesting concept! You certainly got me interested!
First of all, no matter how fast a Ditto is, Transform always goes second in battle. That cancels out most of the speculation. The better way to go about this is to get a Ditto that is slower than your pokémon, and use Encore after Ditto has transformed. Unfortunately, when Ditto transforms, it mimics your speed as well, so Ditto would be able to attack first, and therefore negate Encore.

actually, transform can go first. on emerald, when i bring my level 5 abra into the desert underpass for the dittos to transform into, it doesn't hit (with ice punch) until after the ditto transforms. the reason that transform usually goes second is that ditto is just slow.

also, a good way around the fact that transform copies your speed is to spend your first turn using agility or something. then you'll be faster, no matter what.