PDA

View Full Version : Are there EV's in R/B/Y?

woot21
10th April 2006, 2:50 AM
As the title says are there EV's in R/B/Y? I would like to know since I'm playing my old Yellow version now and want to know if I can EV train my Pokemon.

emeraldellie
10th April 2006, 3:01 AM
Yes, but they work differently. You can max out every stat rather than distributing them, and, using the box trick, level 100's can gain them. They're also usually called Stat. EXP or something like that.

woot21
10th April 2006, 3:04 AM
Ok, thank you for the info.

~Flareon~
13th April 2006, 4:31 AM
My answer is Yes. Every Pokemon game has EV's.

The Organizer
15th April 2006, 10:08 PM
I dont think there are evs

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
16th April 2006, 1:17 AM
Ya I think they are like GSC, the DVs or Deter Values

SwordofAeons
16th April 2006, 2:14 AM
meaning u can get 999 in soem stats?

emeraldellie
16th April 2006, 2:38 AM
Ya I think they are like GSC, the DVs or Deter Values
No, DV's are the exact same thing as IV's.

And, no, you can't get to 999 without hacking. There is a cap on how much each particular stat can have, but every stat can have their highest amount, unlike in 3rd Gen where the maximum is two stats having the most. I hope I made sense. x_x

Phosphate
16th April 2006, 3:36 AM
DV stands for Dynamic Values. And yes there are EV's in R/B/Y. They range from 0-15 and range from 0-31? inin R/S/LG/FR/E.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
16th April 2006, 4:51 AM
DV stands for Dynamic Values. And yes there are EV's in R/B/Y. They range from 0-15 and range from 0-31? inin R/S/LG/FR/E.

Then where did I see deter values?

also, What about the IVs, I never heard of those.

SwordofAeons
16th April 2006, 4:53 AM
Hmm thats cool.

emeraldellie
16th April 2006, 5:00 AM
Then where did I see deter values?

also, What about the IVs, I never heard of those.
IV's are a number for each stat (except in GSC, the two Specials have the same IV). When all is said and done after Stat EXP/EV's, and Natures (for 3rd Gen), at level 100 they add stat points for how high the number is (Ex. A Pokemon with a Special Attack IV of 12 will have 12 more Sp. Attack points than a Pokemon with the same nature raised with the same EV's with an IV of 0). They also determine Hidden Power types in the 2nd and later Gens. There's much more to it, but that's IV's in a nutshell.

Deter values? They're probably the same thing with another name, though I've never heard of them.

Sintendo
23rd April 2006, 4:08 PM
You are all wrong. You have DVs and stat EXP. The DVs are the same as in the newer games, exept that they go from 0 to 15 instead of 0 to 31.

For more information:
Stat EXP: http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/compendium/training.htm#statexp

EDIT: Some more links.
http://www.sfcave.com/pokemon/pikachuorig.htm
http://www.sfcave.com/pokemon/pikachu.html

emeraldellie
23rd April 2006, 4:13 PM
I said DV's and IV's are probably the same thing, which, by the link you gave, they are, and that Stat. EXP and EV's are the same thing with different names, but they both work differently in RBYGSC than in 3rd Gen.

Sintendo
23rd April 2006, 7:00 PM
Sorry, I thought the names of these things were the same in RBYGSC and RSFRLGE.

woot21
9th May 2006, 2:02 AM
I've figured since this thread has to do with EV's in R/B/Y I'll make it a help thread for R/B/Y. Post where you EV train certain stats in R/B/Y, or if you want to find out where to EV train a certain stat, do it here.

I'd like to know a good place to EV train attack in R/B/Y. Also, I believe that Pokemon Tower is a great place to EV train Special in R/B/Y. So thanks for the help in advance.

Mega Trickster
9th May 2006, 2:42 AM
R/B/Y doesnt use EVs, it uses something thats alot more simple than EVs and almost as effective. I forget what its called though.

^ I just heard that from somewhere, could that be true?

woot21
9th May 2006, 2:57 AM
Well whatever they are called, they're similar enough so just discuss them here. Again, where is a good place for attack?

Mega Trickster
9th May 2006, 3:03 AM
Well they are basically supposed to be a simple (and slightly glitcher) form of EVs. I think because it was probably hard to make complex EVs they made this simple thing first. Once the game got really popular I think they decided to make the game alot more complex.

Fallen Guardian
9th May 2006, 5:47 AM
The fact is the there is an EV like system in all of the Pokemon games. The very proof for this is because there are HP Ups and Proteins in R/B/Y so those have to raise some sort of hidden stat (thouhg I do not know what it is). As to something equaling EV training I'm not sure if the Pokemon would have the same EV points as they are in G/S/C and so on.

Char1016
9th May 2006, 12:29 PM
There are EVs but something different like the new ones. With those EVs, you can make stats of your pokemon raise until they reach 999.

Altmer
9th May 2006, 4:15 PM
The stats never reach 99.

You can gain a max of <number here> which adds 63 to your stat total.

Everything has a min-max according to the base stat and then you add IV's (0 min, 15 max), and stat exp. You gain stat exp according to the base stats of the opponent. So say you battle a Butterfree, you gain 80 special stat exp. (Butterfree's base special is 80.)

It works like that.

The highest possible stat is 703 HP by Chansey iirc.