PDA

View Full Version : Power of the Duelist Discussion Thread

Alfonso
11th April 2006, 2:24 PM
Some spoilers have been released for the new 'Power of the Duelist' set coming soon in Japan. The current known cards are:

Originally Posted by massacre06 from Pojo Forums
POD major update:
001-Elemental Hero Neos
0??-Neo Spacians Aqua Dolphin
0??-Neo Spacians Black Panther
0??-Neo Spacians Flare Scarab
033-Elemental Hero Aqua Neos
0??-Elemental Hero Flare Neos
035-Chimeratic Over Dragon
036-Elemental Hero Black Neos -Pack Image

Thanks to massacre for the list.

A scan has been released of the known cards:

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/5450/weeklyjump22ev.jpg

Thanks to DarkPaladin of Chaos for the scan. Some pretty interesting stuff there... Over Dragon, for example, being a Dark monster. I guess that means they might be playing him as an alternative to Cyber End Dragon as opposed to an upgrade. I'm unsure what Protoype Machine King has to do with COD though... I guess it's made up of Cyber Dragon + Other Machines.

The card at the bottom right hand corner is not a POTD card, it's Toy Magician, a promo.

FireKero!
11th April 2006, 3:48 PM
Oh, Another alternative fusion. Ya, I thought that was kinda wierd too. Chimeratech is 9 stars, I believe, and End is 10. But seeing the difficult summoning requirements lead me to believe is an alternative instead of an upgrade, as you've said from prior.

Great, Neo cards. This is just gonna add confusion and stupidity to the game. And the Neos card don't seem to be very good as a deck arch-type so far. The only card I can really see becoming a CC card is Black panther. (Just like wildman)

Ah, well. What can you do, right? I might eat my words and make a Neo deck, if the cards are anything unlike their anime counterparts. Thanks for the info Alfonso!

Torkoal Stu
11th April 2006, 4:59 PM
That Toy Magician looks pretty nice actually.

But thats besides the point, Chimeratech is most likely Cyber Draon + Other Machine, or if it isn't Prototype Machine King is a weird card to fuse with o.o; And what is that card on the cover of the pack?. Looks kind nice.

Hmm if only I could read Japanese, wouldn't the writing around it say what they do or some information on them?

Tamer Zack
11th April 2006, 8:11 PM
Card on the cover is Elemental Hero Black Neos a monster with a some what life saver effect. As for Chimeratech Over Dragon there just showing you some easy ways but weak ways to summon him.

The Requiem
11th April 2006, 9:17 PM
>_<....the cosplayers worry me...

Judai Yuki
12th April 2006, 1:08 AM
They cosplayers sure do look spiffy ^^

onix lord
12th April 2006, 1:10 AM
Ah! I'm starting to get sick of the E-Heroes. I was severly dissapointed when I found out that E-Hero Black Neos was going to be the cover card, because I was so sure of myself that it was going to be Dogma Guy. Now im ticked off because by the looks of it, this set is going to be all Neos, and probally few D-Heroes. I was really looking forward to D-Heroes. I gotta go vent.

FireKero!
12th April 2006, 3:03 AM
^They're not E-Hero's dude. It's just one E-Hero with several fusions. Just like EOJ.

The Neo spacians are a totally different type of monsters. Kinda like with UFOroid Fighter, fusing with warriors and vehicroids. And Chemeratech, with Cyber Dragon and an assortment of other machines.

onix lord
12th April 2006, 9:49 PM
Yeah I know that, but, for instance, Aqua Neos' full name is Elemental Hero Aqua Neos. If you don't believe me then look at the card. So technically they are still E-Heroes.

FireKero!
13th April 2006, 12:57 AM
E-Hero fusions, but sure. You're right, you are.

Black Panther should go CC. Just like Wildman did. I can see it now: Shane Scurry defeating Anthony Alvardo with Black Panther hitting reaper with priority, and attacking directly with DMOC!

~Kero~

Phaedra
18th April 2006, 5:16 AM
Would like to make a couple quick notes:

Neos is more than likely NOT going to be reprinted in this set, although his release in the TCG is guarenteed.

Also, the set code is POTD.

This is all.

Haruka's Swimsuit
19th April 2006, 1:16 AM

What worries me is that this was done for a magazine, so someone paid for these guys to look that bad.

Eon Chao
19th April 2006, 2:36 AM

Lmao...well I'm cosplaying Manjoume this summer so expect a superior picture :P either that or expect to have it inflicted on you ^_^ it'd be unfair if just Alfonso had to see it :P

On topic: Over Dragon is fused from Cyber Dragon+ any number of machine monsters with it's original attack and defense equal to 500x the number of monsters fused.

I'll probably get the new Neos fusions purely for the fact of waving my E-Hero ultras at little kids but these first few cards aren't partically thrilling me.

Judai Yuki
19th April 2006, 2:47 AM
I want all the E-heros and Neos and Tyranno Kenzan and Sho cards from this set.

Pika Hikari KT
19th April 2006, 6:38 PM
Chimeratech Over Dragon FTW! I thought that would get on there for some reason...

*crosses her fingers for Submarineroid and Dark Tyranno*

The Requiem
20th April 2006, 1:15 AM
looks liek Over Dragon is an upgrade after all.

Machine decks are getting some decent support.

Now can everyone get their own version of Book of Life, and Heavy Storm and all that so we can ban these premies and whatnot and have a GAME?

Or not. **** whatever.

heh.

But MAN DAMN....THOSE COSPLAYERS....

Gotta love eccentricity.

Pika Hikari KT
20th April 2006, 3:39 AM
Now can everyone get their own version of Book of Life
Wait, doesn't that card just work on Zombies?o_0

The Requiem
20th April 2006, 4:31 AM
Uhm...hence why I said

"can everyone"

as in

anything thats not a zombie..

Like how "The Warrior Returning Alive" is the Warrior's "Book of Life"

*slaps self in forehead*

Tamer Zack
20th April 2006, 9:53 PM
Batch of new cards have been reveal http://dmcomet.net/news/77.htm

Torkoal Stu
20th April 2006, 10:06 PM
Yay more D-Hero support, and new Roids. This pack looks promising IMO.

Best pack for a while I say, but only because i'm a Roid (they're are so cute) and D-Hero (go European Hero's) fan XP

Pika Hikari KT
20th April 2006, 11:54 PM
Jumbo Drill, Future Fusion, and a bunch of Kenzan's monsters! Yay~! I'm happy they're giving Dinosaurs and Vehicroids a boost...

Judai Yuki
21st April 2006, 12:26 AM
Well i'm happy for Hero Fusions,Fake Hero,and Future Fusion(kinda).

Alfonso
21st April 2006, 1:13 AM
The information linked to has been confirmed to be fake by UDE's Dan, I believe, over at Pojo's Forums. Don't quote me on that though.

Judai Yuki
21st April 2006, 1:29 AM
yes i read at Pojo's too but dmcomet doesnt lie much.

Tamer Zack
21st April 2006, 8:51 AM
The info is all real for now but I'm suprise you hav'nt comment yet on these Alfonso you got the cards to make a Ryusaki/Kenzan deck.

Eddit: #1 reason why you should'nt listen to UDE people is right here http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1310/20064211313237374gj.jpg credits goes to GONDORA.

onix lord
22nd April 2006, 6:58 PM
I go away for a couple of days and all these cards are revealed?!?! Awesome! I'm so freaking happy that more D-Hero cards are coming and even some D-Hero support! I guess that they're going to put the other 3 Neo Spacians in the next set. Great (sarcasm). Oh well, I like the looks of this set so far for the D-Heroes. and D-Heroes alone.

Super Aipom
25th April 2006, 1:22 AM
Here's a better picture of the E-hero Fusions I found at POJO.http://info.yugioh-house.net/images/potd_card1.JPG from masterkajo or GONDORA

Tamer Zack
15th May 2006, 10:05 AM
Well it's done here's the complete list http://www.dmcomet.net/potd.txt looks like we got more Dinos and more D-Heroes. Btw you ppl have the link where UDE's Dan said it was fake.

FireKero!
15th May 2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks for that, man.

I'm making an Alien deck, and a D-Hero deck as soon as this get's released in OCG. Aliens have a lot of potential. Hell, I might top 8 with them. But D-Hero's for sure will win me regionals.

Then, when the TCG comes out, I'm so making a Dinosaur and Roid deck.

I luv myself. :D

Torkoal Stu
15th May 2006, 5:40 PM
I'm SO going to make a D-Hero deck how, not only are they based of European Hero's (i'm English, so they seem to give off more appeal to me than E-Hero's) and I need to finish my Roid deck with these new ones, but I still need Power Bond, Limiter Removal and UFOroid.

YAY SHO LOVE!

But is Stealth Union in this set? Or ever going to come out?

onix lord
15th May 2006, 6:10 PM
Now, D-Heroes have sooo much more potential than E-Heroes. I'm glad that they didn't make any D-Heroes Ultra Rares so that they aren't that hard to get. And i'm also stoked that theres alot of support for D-Heroes coming in this set. I'm definitely making a complete D-Hero deck as soon as I get these cards.

I also didn't see it coming that all of the Neospacians would be Super Rares. That just sucks some more for Judai fans (though I could use a Flare Scarab for my insect deck).

FireKero!
15th May 2006, 6:14 PM
Man, you guys have soem serious love for D-Hero's. Mabye I should write some articles as well.....

In some minutes, I be posting my new D-Hero deck here. It's crazy!

Torkoal Stu
15th May 2006, 9:41 PM
Naw you should write some articles about how Sho pwns all the other GX characters.

But the fact we have had no Misawa cards shows how unpopular the poor losing guy is. Damn I want a Magnet Plus Minus deck ;_;

FireKero!
15th May 2006, 9:56 PM
A Plus Minus deck is possible in the future. But then again, what are the odds?

If Jaden was a weak charcter in the show, then the E-Hero support would've finished along itme ago. Misawa is the underdeveloped character in the series however, so.....

Hmm. Mabye a Roid article would work.

The Requiem
16th May 2006, 5:06 AM
Why...

Why do they keep making Chaos stronger.

Anyone with a Cyber Dragon and a Chimera-whatever-face will see that Future Fusion = Painful Choice.

I'm losing interest in this faster and faster.

Haruka's Swimsuit
16th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Anyone with a Cyber Dragon and a Chimera-whatever-face will see that Future Fusion =

You mean Chimeratech? That monster doesn't really work with Future Fusion, it would destroy Future Fusion the second it hits the field and destroy itself...

EmbersBackUpSinger
16th May 2006, 10:15 PM
Ok! Thank you for the list!

Tamer Zack
17th May 2006, 10:16 AM
Hmm I actually like Chimeratech anime effect better.

Chimeratech Over Dragon - 9/4800: This card can only be Fusion Summoned if you have a Cyber Dragon on your Field and you sacrifice 2 or more Machine Sub-Type Monsters with it? This Monster can attack during the Battle Phase equal to the number of Monsters used to Special Summon this card

Ok! Thank you for the list!

No problemo

Pika Hikari KT
17th May 2006, 8:33 PM
I like the animé card too, Zack. That has 4800 base Attack, while the real thing can only have up to 4000(though it counts for both Attack and Defense--it can make a nice tank if you try).

Torkoal Stu
18th May 2006, 4:59 PM
OMG one problem though: Amburoid...

:/ Damn that name makes me die inside.

Ooooh but more D-Hero's, I so want ^_^

Even though I need all the other current D-Hero's first...

~RaikouRider243~
19th May 2006, 6:03 AM
After this set comes out, the banning/restriction of Sorcerer is almost certainly a reality. I can't wait to see that busted card gone. Maybe Cyber Dragon will see less play after that...

The Requiem
19th May 2006, 8:40 AM
You mean Chimeratech? That monster doesn't really work with Future Fusion, it would destroy Future Fusion the second it hits the field and destroy itself...

The point isnt to summon CHimeratech, its to dump X monsters in the GY and manipulate away. Hence why I called it Painful Choice..