PDA

View Full Version : Hindering, Neutral And Benefical Natures

Justin
12th April 2006, 12:39 PM
i cannot understand the hindering, neutral and benefical natures?

What do they actually mean by hindering, neutral and benefical natures?

Eszett
12th April 2006, 12:52 PM
Hindering natures decrease a stat by 10% of the original stat.

Neutral natures don't change the stats at all.

Beneficial natures increase a stat by 10% of the original stat.

More info about specific natures can be found at http://serebii.net/games/natures.shtml.

TRJessie579
12th April 2006, 5:07 PM
To clarify a little bit, EVERY Nature raises one stat by 10%, lowers one by 10%, and leaves the rest of the stats neutral. What they have listed on each Pokemon's 'Dex page is what that Pokemon's stats would be if the Nature raised, lowered, or did not affect that particular stat.

There isn't a Nature that will get you ALL of those large stats because each Nature only raises one stat.

Nightdawn
27th April 2006, 7:25 AM
Why not make so you can see the best nature for every pkmn in the serebii pokedex?...i know there is recommended nature in the game mechanics..but you canīt find every pkmn there...why just not put in recommended nature?

Heigani
27th April 2006, 9:30 AM
Why not make so you can see the best nature for every pkmn in the serebii pokedex?...i know there is recommended nature in the game mechanics..but you canīt find every pkmn there...why just not put in recommended nature?

Because to be honest, there is no 'best' nature. It mainly strategy, and ingame battles require no EV training, good IVs, or even natures to win. :D

Nightdawn
27th April 2006, 10:05 AM
Because to be honest, there is no 'best' nature. It mainly strategy, and ingame battles require no EV training, good IVs, or even natures to win

well i think docile nature is bad
pokemons are diffrent good at diffrent things
for example
[ i ]think Charizard should have high sp.at and lower defense
but not high defense and low sp.attack

i think as you do..but i think for the noobies behalf ^^
not everyone realize that

Serebii
27th April 2006, 4:10 PM
No, the Pokedex is for information, not for strategies

ESP
27th April 2006, 10:53 PM
You can find prefered natures in the pkmn of the day/week thing.