PDA

View Full Version : Bo-BoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBoBo (Spelling?)

ZGDK
12th April 2006, 7:53 PM
I've been reading One Piece a while now and since Vol.11 isn't coming until July would I like Bo-BoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo?

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th April 2006, 8:43 PM
Yeah, if you like random humour. Unfortunately, only 1 volume has been released in the U.s, and it starts off mid-saga. But you could check out the TV show first to see if you like that.

Rex Kamex
13th April 2006, 1:26 AM
Yeah, BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo (the real spelling, but I don't blame you for misspelling it) is kind of a tricky manga to recommend. You're most likely to either really like it or really hate it. The thing you have to remember when you read Bo-BoBo is that 99% of the plot has things that intentionally don't make sense and/or are completely random. When I first read Bo-BoBo, I didn't like it that much because I didn't understand it. Then again, I was skimming through it anyway... Anyway, when I read it again, I realized how funny it was and now I really like Bo-BoBo.

The Bo-BoBo graphic novel in the US does start sort of in the middle of a saga, but maybe you should go to the bookstore and read a few pages of the manga and see what you think for yourself. It's really funny, but it really depends on if you like that sort of stuff.

Neko Godot
13th April 2006, 3:09 AM
Well, I never read the manga, but the anime is enjoyable, so I recommend it.

That Scary Clefairy
13th April 2006, 3:18 AM
Yeah, BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo (the real spelling, but I don't blame you for misspelling it) is kind of a tricky manga to recommend. You're most likely to either really like it or really hate it. The thing you have to remember when you read Bo-BoBo is that 99% of the plot has things that intentionally don't make sense and/or are completely random. When I first read Bo-BoBo, I didn't like it that much because I didn't understand it. Then again, I was skimming through it anyway... Anyway, when I read it again, I realized how funny it was and now I really like Bo-BoBo.

The Bo-BoBo graphic novel in the US does start sort of in the middle of a saga, but maybe you should go to the bookstore and read a few pages of the manga and see what you think for yourself. It's really funny, but it really depends on if you like that sort of stuff.

Reason people don't get it mostly is because there are loys of Japanese puns or injokes that they have. When translated in english of course you're going to find it weird, odd, etc

As for the anime....From what I heard, It got canceled in Japan due to some angry mothers or hwoever saying it was too violence. I believe it was posted here somewhere.

Dogasu
13th April 2006, 3:59 AM
As for the anime....From what I heard, It got canceled in Japan due to some angry mothers or hwoever saying it was too violence. I believe it was posted here somewhere.

I never heard that. And you read it here? :/

By the way, has Viz announced any future volumes of the manga?

That Scary Clefairy
13th April 2006, 6:28 PM
I never heard that. And you read it here? :/

By the way, has Viz announced any future volumes of the manga?

nope. no announcement on future volumes of Bo^7. And yea someone posted the info link about the news here. I forgot which Bo^7 thread it was but it was one of them when someone posted it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th April 2006, 9:02 PM
I posted the thing about it being canceled, which I saw on Wikipedia and a Bobobo fansite. I don't know if that was true exactly, but I don't think new episode come on anymore in Japan.

That Scary Clefairy
13th April 2006, 10:24 PM
There you go Dogasu. I shouldn't say it was a fact or not, but someone did post it here. Thanks Kojiro.