PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon shippings - no more sonfusion

Black Murder Heavangelon
13th April 2006, 7:24 AM
I've figured it out.

For those who have trouble coming up with a shipping name for pokemon without worrying about the name already existing, then there's only one answer.

To properly put it, pokemon shipping names should be spliced in order to prevent confusion. The male goes first then the female, example:

Salamence + Altaria = Saltariashipping.

Arcanine + Ninetales = Arcatalesshipping

Mightyena + Delcatty = Mighcattyshipping

Sure, they may sound weird, but aern't shipping names supposed to be unique? Besides, it'll be easy to remember (<= Not sure why I needed to say this.)

So if anyone wants to know the name for a shipping or if you have any question, please ask me.

Also, if a mod could, can you sticky this thread so no one would have to look for it and know the name of a pokemonshipping? ^^; I'd think it would help the members.

MondoTR
13th April 2006, 3:20 PM
What if it's two guys or two girls? :p Anyways, some are done that way, I believe that's how (all?) the Digimon ships are done. Your way of doing them is simple enough but many people like to think of more interesting names so I don't know how popular your suggestion will be.

Toran Frostbite
13th April 2006, 4:47 PM
To properly put it, pokemon shipping names should be spliced in order to prevent confusion. The male goes first then the female, example:

Salamence + Altaria = Saltariashipping.

Arcanine + Ninetales = Arcatalesshipping

Mightyena + Delcatty = Mighcattyshipping

The logic fails when the Salamence/Arcanine/Mightyena is the female and Altaria/Ninetailes/Delcatty is the male.

However... Ninetales/Arcanine = 99shipping. XD Regardless of which is male or female.

Shigeru-kun
13th April 2006, 4:58 PM
I believe that's how (all?) the Digimon ships are done.
I may be mistaken, but I actually believe that's just the usual way the Japanese refer to their couples. While us English speakers use "shipping" they tend to splice the names. That's why you find phrases like SatoKasu and such on the net.

MondoTR
13th April 2006, 7:22 PM
Ah, okay. Though a difference is that we use those for Digimon ships as well while we have other terms for Pokemon ships.

Яεiқo
14th April 2006, 4:25 AM
what about Latias x Latios?

Myo
14th April 2006, 5:08 AM
thats just wrong in its own right but to answer your question i would say lati@shipping. i dont know if it is official

Black Murder Heavangelon
14th April 2006, 6:35 AM
thats just wrong in its own right but to answer your question i would say lati@shipping. i dont know if it is official

Popular pokemon shipping names don't need splicing. It's Sightshareshipping or something.

Evanji Axu
16th April 2006, 1:32 AM
AmpharosxTyphlosion Shipping = CrossPunchShipping. Ampharos learns Fire punch and Typhlosion learns Thunderpunch.

Black Murder Heavangelon
16th April 2006, 3:13 AM
AmpharosxTyphlosion Shipping = CrossPunchShipping. Ampharos learns Fire punch and Typhlosion learns Thunderpunch.

Okay, so certain pokemon shippings have names, but that doesn't mean it can have more than one name. Look at pokeshipping.

Anyway,

Ampharos + Typhlosion = CrossPunchshipping = Amphosion/Typharos shipping.

it really depends on how you see it. =/

Alfonso
16th April 2006, 1:35 PM
Or you COULD just stick to making up original and GOOD names instead of just slicing together two character/Pokemon names. :/