PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (448)

Serebii
13th April 2006, 3:03 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/448.jpgPokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (1)

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & co. meet up with their old friend Hinata, the Pokémon Ranger. However, the Pokéballs for all trainers aren't functioning properly and this is why Hinata is here. While investigating this problem, the mysterious Pokémon Deoxys appears. Will Hinata be able to calm Deoxys?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/448.shtml)

Discuss

Serebii
13th April 2006, 3:05 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/448-i.jpgPokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (2)

With Meowth & Max taken by Deoxys, Ash & Co. with the Ranger Hinata must try to hunt down Deoxys and rescue their friend. However capturing Deoxys with the Capture Styler is not working due to Deoxys Speedd, so Ash must try to weaken Deoxys in a standard Battle. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/449.shtml)

Discuss

Crazedyanma
13th April 2006, 3:23 PM
This seems like a cool episode. I can't wait 'till it comes out in the US!

Say, do you think the speed form of Deoxys is shown in this episode?

EDIT:
Originally Posted By Serebii
Yes it is, it was seen in the trailers*sighs* I can never keep up with the times...

~;193;

Serebii
13th April 2006, 3:46 PM
Yes it is, it was seen in the trailers

Silent Conversation
13th April 2006, 4:29 PM
Wow, this looks like a really good episode! I can't wait until it comes to Canada! I'll definitely be watching!

Dreamcoat
13th April 2006, 4:34 PM
I'll explode if Ash in some way should capture/befriend Deoxys.

Roses Ablaze
13th April 2006, 4:45 PM
Don't worry, I seriously doubt Ash will ever permanently capture a legendary.

Serebii
13th April 2006, 4:58 PM
Please keep the discussion to a minimum unless you have seen the episode or it's guide/pics

Sunain
14th April 2006, 11:13 AM
All 4 forms of Deoxys are in this episode.

crobatconey/leafeon lunatic
14th April 2006, 3:18 PM
i dont remember attack and defence in destiny deoxys though...

Gaiash
14th April 2006, 3:20 PM
i dont remember attack and defence in destiny deoxys though...
You must not have watched the movie it used both of those forms in it.

Anyway I've looked at screenshots and from what I can tell its quite exciting

ChaosMage
14th April 2006, 5:41 PM
It seems very talky and anti-claimactic judging by the pictures. But Sceptile VS Deoxys looks like the major action moment. The double twist thingy was amazing, especially!

HoennMaster
14th April 2006, 7:24 PM
Sceptile Vs. Deoxys? sounds amazing!

.Bambi.
14th April 2006, 8:24 PM
Judging by pictures, this is one big 'meh' for me.

It's sad, isn't it? The writers try their best to make Pokemon Ranger look so good, but even with an hour special featuring Deoxys, they fail. WhoaGod maybe Ranger is overrated? WHAT?! :O

Of course pictures are nothing when compared to the real action, so I'll make my decision on this episode then. Overall though, it was pretty anti-climatic. The Deoxys VS Sceptile part was good I guess, but could have been so much more. Actually, 'it could have been so much more' is quite fitting for this Special.

Le sigh D:

ArrEmmDee
14th April 2006, 8:27 PM
I'm only going to be watching it for the Meowth. It really looks lame.

Yamato-san
14th April 2006, 9:01 PM
I just saw it. Dude, I just know some of you are just gonna s*** yourselves when you hear this: Hinata actually makes a reference to La Rousse City, as well as Rondo-hakase. I don't think there's anything mentioned about Satoshi-tachi actually helping to solve the La Rousse crisis (though, Masato did know what Deoxys was when it appeared, rather than anyone asking what it was), but it's nontheless further evidence that the movies might tie in with the main series. Other points include....

-It's been a while since Nyaasu was last used to speak for a Pokemon, and he looked pretty badass when possessed, too.

-Oosubame/Jukain vs. Deoxys was b*tchin' on so many levels... someone mentioned that, by going against a legendary, Jukain is catching up to Lizardon (who battled Entei and later took down a Freezer). He certainly managed to do a good job, and it's nice to see Oosubame did a bit of damage along with him (Wakashamo and Numacraw also participated, but didn't accomplish much).

-What is with Rocket Dan? After Freezer, this is pretty much the second legendary (sorta) they considered giving to Sakaki just so he could do some activity with it, as if being a extremely rare and powerful Pokemon isn't enough.

-A portal to that dimension Masato and Nyaasu were in opened up again at some point. Haruka shouts Masato's name, then Musashi says "Now that you mention it, Nyaasu!" Kojirou replies "You forgot about him?!" XD

-This is interesting. When Satoshi-tachi were blown out of that cave, Jukain was next to Satoshi to nudge him back to his senses. Wakashamo was next to Musashi, Numacraw was next to Kojirou, Oosubame was next to Haruka, and Takeshi and Hinata didn't have anyone (though, Hinata was in a crouched position rather than laying on the ground). Odd, you'd expect Wakashamo and Numacraw (especially Wakashamo) to be next to their respective trainers, wouldn't you?

-At some point, Deoxys sounded like it was able to speak without Nyaasu... to some extent. It was extremely garbled and the characters had trouble understanding, but it was clearly speaking some Japanese words. "(something something)! Mata aou ne!"

S.Suikun
14th April 2006, 9:24 PM
This doesn't look as bad as the Celebi episode, that's for sure. I wonder how the dub is going to handle this thing, though. Probably just split it into two episodes. There's enough material for that.

La Rousse reference? Seriously? I mean, I'm glad nobody said "WtF iS a DeOxYs DuDeZ?", but I seriously am suprised they made any sort of reference whatsoever.

The Big Al
14th April 2006, 10:33 PM
A fish bowl? TR has sunken to a new low of utter stupidity.

A rather meh episode as .Combusken. said. Nothing all that grabbing. Though Sectoid Meowth was an amusing sight. I need to see this in motion and have dialogue to really comment on this episode.

Kabuto
14th April 2006, 10:52 PM
That Sceptile vs. Deoxys fight looks great. Looks like nobody won judging from the images. Excellent animation though.

JazzJazz
15th April 2006, 12:31 AM
A fish bowl? TR has sunken to a new low of utter stupidity.

Still, their idea of Giovanni riding deoxys around in space was kinda funny... if you can see past how lame it is.

V Faction
15th April 2006, 12:41 AM
Glad to see this thread JOINED together from this morning's wackiness...

I'm going to watch this episode. And I am going to watch it mainly for the Deoxys fight.

Addydo
15th April 2006, 12:58 AM
Saw the Pictures! :)
Why were Ash, Brock, and May looking at their PokeBalls!? :confused:

sCiZoR_2006
15th April 2006, 1:32 AM
Because of the solar disturbance, electronic devices weren't working properly.

The group's Pokeballs, Masato's PokeNavi, the computers at the Pokemon Center, etc.

Also, that's why Pikachu and Plusle weren't feeling good at all on multiple occassions. The disturbance was messing with their electric physiologies.

At one point, Deoxys couldn't control its various forms because of it as well.

Nintendo Theatre
15th April 2006, 2:45 AM
I saw it, I analyzed it, I loved it. Here's why:

- Nobody went, "Woah, a Deoxys, what's that?" and showed that the writers aren't completely moronic.

-Haha. I loved Team Rocket's thought that they could capture Deoxys, give it to the boss and he could use it for space exploration. Just great! Plus, is it just me, or have we not seen that many Giovanni fantasies in a while?

-Again, it's been a while since Meowth was last used to speak for a Pokemon (Tentacruel) and this time it just seemed awesome and oh so right...

-As much as I completely hated Hinata in the Celebi episode, I absolutely loved her in this one. Either she's just gotten cooler or the animators drew her better. I don't know, but she was great.

-Sceptile vs. Deoxys was awesome if only a little short (ok, a lot short) but hey, it shows that Sceptile got guts and really that Solarbeam (I think that was Solarbeam) on Deoxys' back was just awesome.

-I didn't catch May's Squirtle in this episode at all, thank god...the less of that little brat, the better.

ghost master
15th April 2006, 2:53 AM
It seemed ok I guessed right about Meowth being used as a puppet. It seemed better than both the Ranger episode and the 7th movie. BTW I'm a little confused as to why Deoxys was here? He was trying to protect them I believe but from what?

V Faction
15th April 2006, 3:04 AM
I crave an animation of Deoxys carrying Giovanni off into space.

Deoxys Battle: Not bad. Swellow got brushed off rather quick, a fine way of showing Deoxys' power. But then Sceptile... Booyah! Only Sceptile can make Solarbeam seem cool again.

The rest was... Oh gosh, so plain. It was actually annoying to have to sit through all of that.

S.Suikun
15th April 2006, 3:35 AM
-Again, it's been a while since Meowth was last used to speak for a Pokemon (Tentacruel) and this time it just seemed awesome and oh so right...
Don't forget the Haunter in the Orange Islands.

At the rate things are going, I probably won't be able to see the episode until tomorrow. Judging from the pics, the animation really fluctuates, and it's as if they had one team do the first half (reminds me of the Smoochum ep), and a second (much better) team do the second half.

Flamez
15th April 2006, 6:41 AM
Just saw it, and it was pretty good, defenitly better then the celebi one.

Sceptile vs. Deoxys was without a question the highlight of this episode for me, even though it wasnt that long. And as V faction said earlier only sceptile can make solarbeam look cool again. Sceptiles solarbeam looks mad good. Swellow got taken out but atleast it was putting up a fight that shows lots of guts.
Overall i would rate it a 7/10

sCiZoR_2006
15th April 2006, 1:07 PM
The rest was... Oh gosh, so plain. It was actually annoying to have to sit through all of that.

Same thing I was thinking halfway throught the first part. The special was good for the small tidbits that have been mentioned, but as a whole, these two episodes sucked.

The Big Al
15th April 2006, 3:51 PM
I've always wondered. Except for platent fanservice, why is Hinata in spandex short shorts. Shouldn't she be wearing something that will protect her legs from pickers and that sort of stuff? Though that would make sense which isn't allowed in Pokemon.

V Faction
15th April 2006, 3:58 PM
I've always wondered. Except for platent fanservice, why is Hinata in spandex short shorts. Shouldn't she be wearing something that will protect her legs from pickers and that sort of stuff? Though that would make sense which isn't allowed in Pokemon.
Uh. You mean 'blatant'?

Ever notice how they always accentuate her crotch?

ZoraJolteon
15th April 2006, 4:52 PM
I liked the way how this time they showed Pokémon really don't like the capture stylus. Poor Miltank. Hinata is evil.

The other good part was the boss fantasy. The battle was far too short IMO. They really needed to give Deoxys a wider movepool.

skarmachild
15th April 2006, 5:34 PM
Ever notice how they always accentuate her crotch?

No I haven't. Should look at the pictures more closely.

Edit: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/448/AG28.jpg
Oooooh....

V Faction
15th April 2006, 5:41 PM
No I haven't. Should look at the pictures more closely.
Oh indeed. Not just the front, but the back too. They want to make sure we understand that those shorts hug her. She's a puffy *****!

Geodude
15th April 2006, 7:20 PM
-At some point, Deoxys sounded like it was able to speak without Nyaasu... to some extent. It was extremely garbled and the characters had trouble understanding, but it was clearly speaking some Japanese words. "(something something)! Mata aou ne!"
Yeah it seemed to me there were a couple times where Deoxys tried to speak to the humans, but they couldn't understand it, so it took control of Meowth.

Another note: May's Combusken now knows Flamethrower. Bit of a surprise, but it's about time as well. :p

V Faction
15th April 2006, 7:29 PM
Correction: It was told to use Flamethrower and clearly ended up performing Fire Spin.

I'd like to think that it was a mistake or a goof or something before any official record keeping. We'll wait and see if it will use Flamethrower once more down the line before actually stating it has it, like we did with Squirtle's Rapid Spin.

Geodude
15th April 2006, 7:45 PM
Yeah but those kinda mistakes just...don't happen in the original. :p I'd like to think the mistake was more on how it was animated, since they're so used to doing the spinning flames coming from Combusken, rather than the attack that was called out. After all, a lot was happening in this episode.

V Faction
15th April 2006, 8:43 PM
But you are in agreement that there was a mistake of some kind, yes? And so you would not oppose to holding off on making it official (in the sense that we are able to) until further proof, correct?

Gravy
16th April 2006, 2:34 AM
I liked the way how this time they showed Pokémon really don't like the capture stylus. Poor Miltank. Hinata is evil.
I have to agree. The stylus' first gig wasn't too impressive, what with the pokémon just squatting there with gormless expressions slapped across their faces. Though saying that, I'd have much prefered it if the Altaria and Miltank actually tried to defend themselves in a similar way to Deoxys. But it's not a major gripe I suppose.

Bloody hell...the animation sure was mediocre for the most part. Deoxys switching rapidly between each of it's forms and most of the battling portion was pretty good, but the rest was outright lackluster. I thought that with Iwane taking part, the majority would end up being pretty good. But it was more disapointing than an Apple Pie without a filling.
Then again, I guess thats what you get from an episode involving 4 different animation directors. That gets a big humbug from me.

As much as Masato making friends with a pokémon has been done to death, I honestly didn't mind it this time around. Deoxys having little control over itself was a fairly good idea, but it suffered thanks to too much talk, and not enough action. After the first 15 or so minutes of initial introductions and general plot set-up, I ended up sitting here, eager to grab the mouse and flick forward. This could have been a really good watch if they had upped the ante in the brawling department.

But for all it's faults, I did enjoy the few cute moments had during the special.
It was pretty neat that Masato called out to Combusken whilst in the ~Tasty Treat Dimension~ and that Combusken happened to be the only one to hear him. I like it when a pokémon and human that had a few difficulties at first are able to get along so well in the future.
And of course there were the scenes between him and Meowth, as well as the starter trio's concern for the fallen trainers.

Jo-Jo
16th April 2006, 2:50 AM
~Tasty Treat Dimension~
From thenceforth, that shall be its official name.

Am I the only one who couldn't figure out what exactly was at stake in this episode? I mean, what was being threatened? Was the problem simply that Deoxys was going to go around blowing sh*t up, or what?

Geodude
16th April 2006, 3:18 AM
Apparently, solar winds were screwing with the comet/meteorite that Deoxys came to Earth in (or rather, crash-landed in). I guess the combination created some kind of energy that was hurting Deoxys. Something to do with a super-strong magnetic field, considering how the trainers' Pokeballs and gadgets weren't working and how Pikachu and Plusle were affected.

Man, we really need some people who know Japanese to translate the critical dialogue. Watching it the first time, there was a heck of a lot I didn't quite understand.

S.Suikun
16th April 2006, 6:07 AM
All right, just finished watching it. My God, if there was any episode I seriously needed subbed, it was this one. I really didn't think this was half-bad, particularly when compared with the previous Ranger episode. Anyone notice how adorable Manene was during this whole thing? The preview made it look like the animation was going to be good. It really wasn't. I mean, it wasn't as bad as say...Battle Tower Part 1, but everyone appeared blurry in many of the frames. Basically, the good directors and the bad directors clashed in an ugly combination. Can someone clarify why Masato of all people was the one repeatedly connecting with Deoxys? I mean, I got the gist of the solar disturbances and Deoxys' instability of its own power, but not much else.

Avegaille
17th April 2006, 3:21 PM
Man, we really need some people who know Japanese to translate the critical dialogue. Watching it the first time, there was a heck of a lot I didn't quite understand.

I'd have to agree with you on that one...

I've seen the pics (I can't watch the episode because of my Internet) and well, let's just say, it was a good episode...

Aside from Hinata returning (and looking better somewhat ._.), I find the plot of this episode quite interesting... XD

... Okay, done for now...

Dogasu
17th April 2006, 7:19 PM
What's with all the hate for the first Ranger episode (the one with Celebi)? I thought it was rather excellent, myself.

Yamato-san
18th April 2006, 2:56 AM

I was asked if I'd like to translate the episode, given the huge demand for a sub. I said I'm pretty busy, both with some personal stuff as well as manga translations I'm working on, and if they sent me the file for the timing, it'd be a while until I get around to it (though, they take a while to release things anyway. I'm still waiting for the subs of the orienteering ep, the non-parody version of Harley's victory ep, and Jukain's evolution ep, all of which I've had the privilege to work on ^^, to be released). I haven't received the timing file as of this moment, but I'll keep you updated on that.

Sunain
18th April 2006, 4:35 AM
3 of our main staff members are mia/busy currently, hence the long delays in releases.

Heracross
18th April 2006, 5:47 AM
What's with all the hate for the first Ranger episode (the one with Celebi)? I thought it was rather excellent, myself.
The fact that it had essentially the same plot as the fourth movie, and that horrible imposter of a Cycling Road pretty much ruined it for me. That and I'm not too fond of the whole ranger idea, although this special helped that to some degree.

Anyway, having finally watched this, I had to wonder.. what is a cow doing that far back in a cave? I could understand finding some shelter in there, but you'd think it would stay closer to the entrenace rather than wandering off into complete darkness. Then I considered that it fell into the cave, but it didn't seem injured at all, so... :/

Eh, whatever. Like I said, this special caused me to warm up to the ranger concept a bit. A bit being the key words there. And Hinata looked much better than in her debut episode.

The Rocket-dan getting some good screen time was certainly nice, especially the interaction between Masato and Nyasu. It was so cute when they were bouncing off the computer generated doughnut fragments and clung onto each other. XD

Geodude
18th April 2006, 5:58 AM
Not enough time has been spent on the climactic fight with Deoxys IMO. I realize that Deoxys wasn't at full strength, but Ash's Pokemon were still great. Sceptile was its usual badass self, what with that point-blank-range Solarbeam. :)

S.Suikun
18th April 2006, 6:00 AM
The fact that it had essentially the same plot as the fourth movie, and that horrible imposter of a Cycling Road pretty much ruined it for me. That and I'm not too fond of the whole ranger idea, although this special helped that to some degree.
In addition, a Pokemon like Celebi deserves better than to be treated no differently from your average Pokemon of the Day, falling victim to a typical TR trap that wasn't even that great and saving the day at the end. It was disappointing to say the least, considering how you would generally expect an episode centered around a legendary to at least differentiate itself from the norm. Not to mention the animation was pretty poor. Basically, the episode was nothing more than a dull Ranger plug, with little substance elsewhere.

And yeah, I wanted to see more of Sceptile pwning the hell out of Deoxys. At least knock the thing down a notch with Leaf Blade.

People likely noticed already, but just in case, basically all the music in this ep was ripped out of Movie 7. Not my favorite soundtrack, but its use was to be expected. (This is not the first time they've used these tracks in the anime, BTW)

Geodude
18th April 2006, 6:05 AM
Yeah I thought the lack of Leaf Blade was odd, but it only actually got close enough to Deoxys that time it used Solarbeam on it. Bullet Seed was more appropriate those other couple times, since it needed a quick, long-range attack.

skarmachild
18th April 2006, 1:19 PM
In addition, a Pokemon like Celebi deserves better than to be treated no differently from your average Pokemon of the Day, falling victim to a typical TR trap that wasn't even that great and saving the day at the end. It was disappointing to say the least, considering how you would generally expect an episode centered around a legendary to at least differentiate itself from the norm. Not to mention the animation was pretty poor. Basically, the episode was nothing more than a dull Ranger plug, with little substance elsewhere.

And yeah, I wanted to see more of Sceptile pwning the hell out of Deoxys. At least knock the thing down a notch with Leaf Blade.

People likely noticed already, but just in case, basically all the music in this ep was ripped out of Movie 7. Not my favorite soundtrack, but its use was to be expected. (This is not the first time they've used these tracks in the anime, BTW)

I've only sene the Movie 7 dub - and I liked the music for this episode. Quite good. The episode as a whole wasn't bad, Deoxys' voice was freaky as hell, scared me.

shikazuchu
2nd May 2006, 8:27 AM
Watched the Deoxys episode.

My only positive observation for Team Rocket in this episode was that they did not betray Ash's group trust.

I mean they did not do the stupid thing of attempting to capture Deoxys once the crisis was settled.

I recall in few past episodes when TR (either by convenience or could possibly by altruism?) helped Ash and the others to overcome certain problems, but once it was settled instantaneously switched back to their sneaky ways.

Plus is another episode where TR do not 'blast off' for a change.

Darkness Angel
11th September 2006, 10:52 PM
Another eppy I'm looking forward to seeing.

Hikozaru390
19th October 2006, 9:07 PM
Well, the new American name for this episode is...

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!

That's right, for the first time since Pokémon I Choose You!, an episode title has been a direct translation.

And people say PUSA's doing a bad job...

Darkness Angel
19th October 2006, 9:44 PM
Seen the first part of this last title and I'm enjoying it so far plus I like Hinata's japanese voice.

~Battle Frontier~
20th October 2006, 12:00 AM
Well, the new American name for this episode is...

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!

That's right, for the first time since Pokémon I Choose You!, an episode title has been a direct translation.

And people say PUSA's doing a bad job...
I think that the last time a japanese title remained the same for the dub was NOT "Pokemon I Choose You" but I think it was "Clefairy/Pipi and the Moon Stone."

Hikozaru390
20th October 2006, 2:46 AM
I don't count that, since the name has to be translated.

Even so, the first time since season 1.

Darkness Angel
27th October 2006, 9:33 AM
Only one day away.

MidnightScott
29th October 2006, 12:02 AM
Okay so I decided to watch in in English since I didnt really understand it when I watched it in Japanese.

Now tell me - was the story really about how Deoxys was cold and lonely in the original?

I still dont like Ash's voice...>>; - Solana's voice is good I guess.

~Scott;229

WolfCyber
29th October 2006, 12:11 AM
Solana? I watched the episode with my mom in the same room. We both thought she said "Salami" when she introduced herself. They could have done much better.

MidnightScott
29th October 2006, 12:15 AM
I heard Soul-lawna...your TV must suck or your station may be fuzzy.

Her name is Solana in the Pokémon Ranget game do out this coming Monday in the US, and the Male's name is Lunick. (Solar & Lunar, get it...?)

~Scott;229;

Flame Haze SnS
29th October 2006, 12:17 AM
Darn, I missed this Deoxys show. I just overslept until few minutes after 6. :( Any chance there will be rerun of this show on CN?

R_N
29th October 2006, 12:21 AM
Well, they tend to do specials/moives abuse, so I'm sure they will.

I thought it was preatty good, still getting used to the voices, but really good nontheless.

And I learned something!

C.J. Ray
29th October 2006, 12:23 AM
Then again, I guess thats what you get from an episode involving 4 different animation directors.

Too many cooks spoiling the broth, eh? Speaking of bad food sayings, am I the only one who caught the chef comments Meowth made as they were following the twerps? Guess it's because I love the Food Network. :D

Great two-parter. As much as I love Celebi, Celana's second appearance owned. I liked how they tied this to "Destiny Deoxys", that was a cool movie when I first watched it(of course, now that Munchlax and Metagross have been shown in mainstream, the whole charm wore off - but at least I have something to watch with my future nephews and nieces in the future :D).

I bet Cybercubed's already made the rant about Celana's short shorts, he's PO'd about Hikari's clothes, which are the same way. :rolleyes:

I liked them showing Deoxys' speed form and the meteorite nearly killing everyone. Extreme danger, my *****! :)

This two-parter gets a ten out of ten. The only problem I see is that they aired it early. Had they aired it next week, it would have made sense.

S.Suikun
29th October 2006, 12:25 AM
I'm gonna miss this episode when it finally airs here since I have to be somewhere, so I'd appreciate it if anyone would answer me two questions:

A) Did they keep the reference to LaRousse City from Movie 7?
B) DID THEY KEEP THE MOVIE 7 MUSIC?

(Oh yeah, I know I've driven it into the ground at this point, but Hinata's smexy because she's a heartless b**** who uses mind-control on random Pokemon to do her bidding.)

MidnightScott
29th October 2006, 12:28 AM
Her name is Solana...:rolleyes:

"Soul-lawnuh"

Too bad though - we probably won't see her ever again >_>; ~ unless they make a special episode featuring her in Fiore or something. (Well, you can play as her in Pokémon Ranger anyhow)

Yes - they kept some of the movie 7 music and the reference to LaRousse City...but Ash & Co seemed to have forgotten the events ~ or maybe they didn't know Deoxys came to Earth 10 years ago, lol.

Knowing Cartoon Network (they showed Movie 7 like 2 or 3 weeks ago) - they will probably show this special again sometime soon. It'll probably be released on DVD Eventually since it's 45 Minutes long just about.

~Scott;229;

BattleFranky~40
29th October 2006, 12:28 AM
Okay so I decided to watch in in English since I didnt really understand it when I watched it in Japanese.

Now tell me - was the story really about how Deoxys was cold and lonely in the original?

I still dont like Ash's voice...>>; - Solana's voice is good I guess.

~Scott;229

Yes, Deoxys was always emo.

S.Suikun
29th October 2006, 12:34 AM
Yes - they kept some of the movie 7 music and the reference to LaRousse City...but Ash & Co seemed to have forgotten the events ~ or maybe they didn't know Deoxys came to Earth 10 years ago, lol.

~Scott;229;
Okay, thanks. I'm glad those were kept in, as I was hoping they would make an exception to the dumb music edits since this is a "special" and all. besides, the audio was the main thing I liked about this episode in the first place. (Well...that and Hinata's hawt cold-hearted mind-control techniques)

Zabi
29th October 2006, 12:41 AM
NO! I missed it. I totally forgot it was on today!

Darkness Angel
29th October 2006, 1:29 AM
I liked seeing Dexoys and Hinata again would be nice if she had her own show.

WaterDragon trainer
29th October 2006, 4:11 AM
This episode was pretty good. It was good to see Deoxys again as well as hearing the reference to Movie 7. The Boss Fantasy was ok. I thought it was funny when Mime Jr was crying with TR over Meowth. It was great to see Deoxys recover.

Bitsy
29th October 2006, 5:00 AM
I notice a lot of you are saying
"There was a reference to mivie 7"

What a lot of you aren't saying is
"Ash & co. didn't seem to remember ever being in larousse city."

And thats what I'll say. If i remember correctly, teh poke ranger said that the incident happend in larousse city 10 years ago or something like that. but i don't think i heard correctly. she might have said the meteor hit 10 years ago then the thing happened but im not sure.

Some things were hard to understand.

S.Suikun
29th October 2006, 6:11 AM
Okay, I was able to catch 45 minutes of it before my mom came in the room and yelled at me and told me to leave.

I thought it was kinda bizarre how almost all the Movie 7 BGM was cut in the first half of the special, but almost all of it was kept in for the second half.

Poor Max. This is his only true spotlight episode in all of Battle Frontier.

Medea
29th October 2006, 1:02 PM
Well this was an okay special (it's a hell of a lot better than that Mirage special). Seeing as though I wasn't too fond of the 7th movie and I hate Max with a passion, this was pretty good. It was nice to hear that Professor Lund was mentioned and some parts of the 7th movie were mentioned.

God damn, three new episodes today and 2 out of 3 times I gotta feel sorry for something!

chosen_one386
29th October 2006, 7:17 PM
This was pretty good... But I'm with everyone else who was like, WTF when they didn't remember ANYTHING about being in LaRousse City.

Mandi.
29th October 2006, 7:22 PM
I enjoyed this special. It was good that Max got a little spotlight in this. I loved when he would get teary eyed when Deoxys was telling him what he felt.

Oh, how Deoxys used Meowth to talk, I loved how they did that. And it was funny when Team Rocket was crying over Meowth, asking the Twerps to help them. x3

Oh I know, I was like that too. They didn't remember anything from being in LaRousse City. I think it was Nurse Joy who said "This wasn't the first time Deoxys shows up. It showed up before at LaRousse City." And then they were all like "Woooah."

But anyways, this was a very great special. I wish I recorded it. Damn. >[

Lishus13
29th October 2006, 7:38 PM
I like how Team Rocket MAYBE hinted that Solana would get her own show when she captured the Miltank, they were like "Man she's good enough to have her own show!"

Deoxy's "voice" (not Meowth-Talking, the incomprehendable one) freaked the heck out of me! I was like, woah...... Thank God I did record it though, because I really liked this episode. What was a Miltank doing in a cave anyway?

EDIT: OH YEAH! How the hell did Sceptile get it's powers back? I mean, that same day it lost its power, and it doesn't regain them until the Battle Palace...it was WEIRD.

OFF-TOPIC: Ok, so I have Pokemon Battle Frontier set to record the entire season, so if I miss an episode, I can go back and watch them. I have a STRONG feeling that An Olden Pond and Tactics Theatrics did NOT play in my area! Did this happen to anyone else?

Geodude
29th October 2006, 7:50 PM
EDIT: OH YEAH! How the hell did Sceptile get it's powers back? I mean, that same day it lost its power, and it doesn't regain them until the Battle Palace...it was WEIRD.
It's well-known that this episode was aired out of order.

Lishus13
30th October 2006, 5:38 AM
Oh...whoops. Yeah that seems right. First on an island, thenon their way to Pewter City? I'm losing it.

Anyway, I found it cool how the Swablu and Altaria use Geomagnetic Waves to fly!

Cobalt_Latios
31st October 2006, 12:56 AM
Oh I know, I was like that too. They didn't remember anything from being in LaRousse City. I think it was Nurse Joy who said "This wasn't the first time Deoxys shows up. It showed up before at LaRousse City." And then they were all like "Woooah."
Well i finally saw it. And for that quote, I entirely blame on the PUSA writers. Why? Well, i think that DD was written by 4Kids(im not sure okay "i think"). Seeing as how this series(and this special) was made by PUSA, I can only guess that they may not really have thought it necessary to include those recollections because they themselves(the writers) may not have seen the 7th movie. This also reminds me of "May's Eggcelent Adventure" where they act as if they have never seen Pokemon eggs before. Though, why is it that the only legendary they seem to have remembered is Lugia. THE ONLY ONE!!(Though it's easier with the fact that it's my favorite)

The special was pretty cool. I laughed at the remark James said after Solona had explained something in that cave. He said: "She should get her own show!" That was priceless. Though I wasnt sure why Meowth could simply translate everything Deoxys said, right up until he said he couldnt understand himself. Also, seeing the Speed form for the first time makes Deoxys really cool, looks even better than Attack form. Though why couldnt Solona have caught it while in Attack form, I mean technically besides being somewhat more powerful, Attack and Normal form are pretty much the same thing.

Also, why did they have to air the special now? Now everyone's been spoiled to a few things, like Sceptile learning Solarbeam, and Brock not carrying Bonsly with him anymore(unless I missed something). Not a bad thing, but it questions people who are watching this aswell as showing them things not meant to happen for at least 4 more episodes.

Overall though, a pretty good special.

~C_L~

Crimsonmon
31st October 2006, 3:40 AM

Basically, yeah. Although it's been over half a year since I last saw it, so there may have been more to it. (But I doubt that)

TheBuddyBud
31st October 2006, 6:36 AM
aw, deoxys didnt make that robot sound it did in the seventh movie

mewfan1
31st October 2006, 6:36 PM
Unfortunately I missed this episode due to my cousin coming to my house that day. Oh well, maybe they'll show it again...

Digitalkaiser65
2nd November 2006, 10:28 PM
I think deoxys voice was AMAZING. o_o

It gave me the creeps, and just how deoxys is supposed to sound in my mind.
I loved this episode.

Yamato-san
6th November 2006, 6:08 AM
you know, as annoying as Cartoon Network's ads that take up a third of the screen can be, there's something funny about watching Pokemon and having an advertisement for Hellboy come up. XD Have the standards for "the very, very bad place with the name that dare not be uttered around innocent Christian children" really changed this much over the years?

And is it just me, or did Deoxys keep its Japanese voice? It's funny, because even though Deoxys's dialogue is mostly garbled up, you start to hear him a bit more clearly later on, and by retaining the voice would mean you could actually hear a few Japanese phrases slip into the English dub. I swear, at the end I thought I heard him say "Mata aou ne!" to Max, just as he did to Masato in the original.

uncutpokemon
7th November 2006, 9:11 PM
you know, as annoying as Cartoon Network's ads that take up a third of the screen can be, there's something funny about watching Pokemon and having an advertisement for Hellboy come up. XD Have the standards for "the very, very bad place with the name that dare not be uttered around innocent Christian children" really changed this much over the years?

you found that funny to? that was kinda funny that they did that.

as far as the special goes, it was ok but the one small problem i had with it is that in the dub i was sort of expecting more of the origonal music to be kept, but it almost felt at the begining like they were playing the kids game and swiching between music every 15 seconds! but thats just me, mabey the rest of you didn't mind

Wind Waker
11th November 2006, 11:00 AM
I was on holiday when it aired and actually i never looked at the pics and stuff until now.... i really found it interesting. It was an interesting, long episode and it didn't need to much action to do so. Deoxys having a fun side was so uplifitng and funny, that with mild action yet an extended plot was a real good combination. I also liked how they kept the episode title. Very good ep overall can't wait until i witness it again!

Lalonde
12th November 2006, 5:08 PM
i watched it on youtube because i missed it on CN. it was actually pretty good. but i can't tell, was hinata's english name Slana? i need it for my sig :p

Lishus13
13th November 2006, 4:17 AM
Sorry, but it was Solana. As in Solar (Sun) and Lunar (Moon) As found in Lunick

Neo Mario
13th November 2006, 2:55 PM
nice special episode

Metagross
24th November 2006, 9:42 PM
The new voice are retarded i hate them.

Uchiha Madara
24th November 2006, 9:45 PM
Deoxys' voice was cool, and I think the episode was good.

CabbyFish
27th November 2006, 12:08 AM
Yes, Deoxys keeps is original voice. I think a few English words/phrases were mixed in a little (not sure), but yes, some Japanese is slipped. Also, Miltank keeps its original voice.

Knight_Ram
27th November 2006, 3:25 AM
This epidsode was pretty cool with Sceptile doing its solarbeam on the Deoxys! But I wonder why the they showed this episode before Sceptile had learnt how to use its moves again...But yeah thats ok I guess...kind of boring in my point of view 7/10.

CabbyFish
27th November 2006, 3:43 AM
The episode was being aired early to promote the release of Pokemon Ranger for the DS.

As for the 45min episode itself, i'd say it was pretty good. This is where I first decided that Sarah Natochenny was finally getting all the emotional tones on Ash which is good in its own right. Deoxys is really the highlight of the episode. We finally get another episode where Max is the star. As usual, Meowth is the translator of the diolag, but not in a way he'd expect it. To me, both versions of Deoxys controlled Meowth are about the same voice wise. Lol at Brock trying to win Solona's heart again. Good thing Max and the others were able to help Deoxys. This is also the first episode where the new Meowth has to mention one of his "What the boss will say" ideas, and personally, I think that's better put in the hands of the original Meowth (Maddie). I won't go any further on the voicing since that belongs elsewere.

ReallyOcean
29th January 2007, 7:14 PM
Quote from the dub:

Ranger: According to a report submitted by Professor Lun, who was reasearching Deoxys at the time, Deoxys came here on a meteorite.
Nurse Joy: Ten years ago, a meteorite crash landed somwhere in the mountains.
::Shows crash landing film into the mountains::

Notice, they are near Pewter City. Pewter City is near Mt. Moon. Could this be the same meteorite that was the original moon stone that crashed into Mt Moon? It WAS carrying a pokemon from space. (Just like Seymour said during the "Clefairy and the Moon Stone".)

Sato
29th January 2007, 10:19 PM
Well, it's said that Deoxys' meteorite landed ten years ago, right?

I seemed to get the impression that the Moon Stone was ancient. So, I don't think so...

Ashy Boy
22nd February 2007, 10:41 PM
The new voice are retarded i hate them.

Soluna's (Hinata's dub name) voice wasn't too bad. It kinda suited her.

Marill
26th February 2007, 9:24 PM
Bah I missed this somehow in the UK.

They showed "Second Time's The Charm" last week, then right after showed the Ties that Bind (I think that's the title), in other words a repeat. So I figured, oh "this is the stopping point" and didn't watch anymore.

What day and time did they show this episode (it's an hour/40min long isn't it?), and they havent showed any other ep after the one I said, have they? I'd ask in the Battle Frontier topic I made but, that means double posting.

Willow's Tara
13th July 2007, 5:05 AM
I am sorry if this counts as bumping, but is there a part 2?

Because this episode just aired in Australia (Yes, JUST aired like this morning), and on the title screen it said it was part 1, and then at the end, it showed Meowth, Max and Deoxy floating up into the air before going to "To be Contiuned", I don't know if this means we will see the second part on Monday (Which stuffs up my calcuations about when the final episode of the Battle Frointer finishes, maybe we will see Sinnoh after August 10th?) or what, but by the sounds of the posts, you guys had a 45mins special, while we only had the original half an hour of Pokemon, not an extra half an hour....Unless Pokemon was to be contiuned at 7:30..Which let's hope not...

deoxys_101993
24th July 2007, 3:29 PM
i wanna see that epi... i did see one on youtube... it's nice. i wanted the robot deoxys voice... over and out.

lugia100
25th July 2007, 10:19 AM
I saw it a thew days ago and its a pretty good episisode. Aspecially how their are 2 episisodes for it.

Cobalt_Latios
27th October 2007, 3:13 AM
I just watched it off of the PVR I have.

Apparently, in Canada, they split into 2 parts. This is the very first time that they mention a 2 parter! And Sarah even says: "Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis Part 1/Part 2" Now that was something you don't get to have everyday. That's why I now officially like YTV, they rarely do any editing to Pokémon, which I find is great.

~C_L~

HoennMaster
28th October 2007, 6:18 AM
In the US it is two episodes, they just didn't split it.

bhrettzerda053
26th March 2008, 12:55 PM
So I remember. Deoxys is the same Pokemon Ash saw there in Larousse Town. In this episode, Deoxys has a second appearance. Max befriends it, and it transformed into its Speed form. That's the episode related to the game Pokemon Ranger and Hinata has an anime appearance. I bet Ash might befriend/catch Deoxys too, just like Max did.

phionebaby56
3rd August 2008, 7:57 AM
That was the best Episode that I have seen. It was very cool when Solana captured Deoxys. This Episode is better then the Celebi Episode.

wobbanut
19th September 2008, 12:04 AM
AT LONG LAST, thanks to the release of volume 2 of the Battle Frontier DVD, I was finally able to watch this episode. Like "Channeling the Battle Zone", the schedulers screwed me out of a repeat, so I had to wait these two years to finally see it.

At least it was well worth the wait, because this was an awesome episode. While the seventh movie is among my least favorites (I liked the reference to the movie, though), this episode was really awesome. It had Team Rocket and Team Twerp working together (always a plus in my book), a creepy but cool Meowth possession, a good motto (ah, I miss the 2.0), and some great Brock and Team Rocket moments. My favorite line was when Jessie asked Ash how he would feel if he didn't have Pikachu on his shoulder anymore. I also like when Meowth is rescued and he says the movie's right, there's no place like home. :)

Tadashi
9th October 2008, 6:10 PM
I actually thought Ash & co. woukdn't be in this one because of the title. Solana (that's her english name, right?) was really cool ^^ Nice ranger... unlike a certain other ranger I could mention... it was also pretty cool seeing the Deoxys change forms freely when they were trying to bring it down. And of course, yet another misunderstood Pokemon uses Meowth as a mouthpiece.

Team Rocket's fantasy of Givanni riding around on a Deoxys in outer space was... really out there. You gotta admit, by Team Rocket standards, this is getting weird. But at least they gave him a space helmet.

It was also cool to see a bunch of regular Pokemon, like Sceptile, battle against Deoxys ^^ Good two-parter, I'm glad Deoxys was tamed safely.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 10:27 PM
A good special. I don't like how Deoxys gets it's own episode after it had it's own movie >_> But this was okay. And a Miltank was in it ^_^

Rommath
22nd February 2009, 1:41 PM
Fairly nice. Good to see Solana's second appearance out of three, hopefully there will be a fourth one before Sinnoh ends. It's about time J appeared again. As for this episode, I liked the weird world Max and Meowth were transported to, looked good.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:22 PM
it was a nice episode, deoxis was in it this time that's allways fun to see.

Littlemyuu
21st June 2009, 11:48 PM
Nice to see an Legendary in a episode, Deoxys made a good role ^^

Surfer_Dude
26th September 2009, 7:01 AM
One of my favourite episodes altough deoxys' voice, more like meowth's, was weird.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 12:57 PM
I loved to see Solana again, great.

And poor Max, he was afraid from Deoxys.

7/10

Lorde
26th December 2009, 7:02 AM
Both episodes were ok. This was the special promoting the Deoxys mission in Japan and promoting the US Ranger in the USA.

It was nice to see Deoxys in the anime. Even though this one was less fierce I think (using Meowth to tell it's story instead of attacking a city).

Solana back? I didn't notice, she's not "my cup of tea". 5/10

popcorn dragon
18th January 2010, 2:07 AM
This was a fantastic episode. It was funny how easy Solana was able to capture Deoxys when it got into its normal forme. But miltank still looks offensive. Some things never change. XD

9/10

Rainbowdashtheawesome
1st February 2010, 4:08 AM
AT LONG LAST, thanks to the release of volume 2 of the Battle Frontier DVD, I was finally able to watch this episode. Like "Channeling the Battle Zone", the schedulers screwed me out of a repeat, so I had to wait these two years to finally see it.

Yeah, I only saw this once, and in all honesty I thought it was some kind of TV mini-movie. I hadn't the foggiest idea that it was actually an episode(s). Either way, I enjoyed it; and haven't found any info about it airing even once since then:(.

Tyranitar Rules
9th December 2010, 6:36 PM
They were pretty good episodes, possibly 2 of the best battle frontier episodes

Tyranitar Rules
9th December 2010, 6:38 PM
-EDIT- Sorry, bad computer multi post -EDIT-

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 10:43 AM
Deoxys was really awesome... and another good aspect of this episode was that it was partly focussed on Pokemon Ranger

Painkiller2001
30th December 2010, 5:59 PM
This was a good two-part episode! Not as good as the Riolu Pokemon Ranger episode but still entertaining, nonetheless!

- I wish I could be sent to a crazy world of irregular Froot Loops!

- Although it was short, that brief fight between Deoxys and Sceptile was pretty cool!

- I was literally like this O__O! when Meowth first got "possessed"!

Also, did anyone else notice after Sceptile used Solar Beam Brock asks Ash if that attack fired yet, and Ash says no! Did this have to do with Sceptile using Solar Beam? If so, than that's not right!

G50
26th April 2011, 5:30 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Deoxys in the Anime. It's a really cool Pokemon. Sceptile vs Deoxys was a very cool battle to see. It was cool to see another Pokemon Ranger in this episode. Meowth's fantasy of the Boss riding on Deoxys in space was very odd and funny. It was odd to see Meowth being used for speaking for Deoxys.

30/100

Vernikova
19th September 2012, 9:40 PM
Oh, no. A Max centered series. No wonder this episode was so boring.

PokemontrainerY
6th August 2013, 4:56 PM
This was a good Two-parter Pokemon episode, it's nice to see Pokemon ranger Solana again. Also, Deoxys made it's first anime appearance in this two-parter episode.
The brief battle between Sceptile and Deoxys was cool.
It was both odd and interesting when Deoxys was using Meowth to tell it's story.

Painkiller2001
17th November 2014, 1:55 AM
It's always creepy, yet neat when some Legendary has to use Meowth to be able to communicate.
This must have been a two-part episode at the time, because there was a point when I was thinking "It hasn't been twenty minute yet?". I realized this when i saw the episode has been playing fro about 32 minutes.

Lorde
30th November 2014, 11:40 PM
I liked the animation during the meteorite flashback that explained how Deoxys had reached Earth. Meowth's boss fantasy about Giovanni riding on Deoxys made me cackle and I screamed when Max and Meowth were abducted by an alien Deoxys. Mostly I was just glad that Deoxys' Speed Forme was finally showcased in these episodes tbh.