PDA

View Full Version : Just how do the Rangers work?

Pokemon Fan
14th April 2006, 5:36 PM
I've been confused ever since the whole Pokemon Ranger thing began. Does anyone know in detail how their techniques are explained and rationalized in the anime?

I ask because the anime has always been against mind control as a morally wrong thing to do to a pokemon, but at first glance that seems to be what the Rangers do, take temporary control of a pokemon's mind in order to get it to do something. In the anime is it explained as being simply a way to communicate more easily with a pokemon that doesn't know or trust you? In the Deoxys Crisis special it certainly looks like Deoxys doesn't lose its free will once the capture styler is used on it successfully, so what does it really do?

.Bambi.
14th April 2006, 7:38 PM
Have you ever noticed that no matter how disobediant a Pokemon is, once one of the main group catches it, it's immediately loyal?

Pokemon Rangers do exactly that, minus the Pokeball. They make it so the Pokemon is under their command, but still has free will. The Pokemon is not under mind control, it's merely a temporarily captured Pokemon. Thus, not wild for that period of time.

RaikousThunder
14th April 2006, 10:47 PM
I wondered something similar aswell, especially with the pokeball thing. I find it strange that like as soon as a trainer captures a pokemon its immediately loyal, in most cases. One might think that if a pokemon was so strong willed against being captured, once the trainer got a hold of it itd be bitter and resent the trainer. But the pokeball and the pokemon world work in mysterious ways.

Dreamcoat
14th April 2006, 10:55 PM
In most cases it is due to the PKMN gaining a wee bit of respect for the trainer since he/she was strong enough to defeat and capture the PKMN.

V Faction
15th April 2006, 12:27 AM
Capturing... styling(?), is a little like rape, but without the sex and all. So, essentially, they're raping the Pokemon.

Torchic23
15th April 2006, 12:31 AM
Pokemon Rangers do exactly that, minus the Pokeball. They make it so the Pokemon is under their command, but still has free will. The Pokemon is not under mind control, it's merely a temporarily captured Pokemon. Thus, not wild for that period of time.

So that's how it works. I could never tell exactly what the top thing was for too. Now I think I'll understand the Deoxys episode a little bit more