PDA

View Full Version : worth it?

DFK
15th April 2006, 12:15 AM
Would it be worth it to put False Swipe, Mean Look, and Sleep Powder/Lovely Kiss/Hypnosis on a Smeargle? It'd help with catching Pokemon, but would it be very useful?

Phosphate
15th April 2006, 12:23 AM
It is not at all useful for battling, but it is ideal for catching Pokemon, especially Entei, Suicune, and Raikou.

Gazmof
15th April 2006, 12:27 AM
Mean Look would be pretty useless for catching anything, especially the Legendary Beasts as they'll simply Roar you away. Probably best to just use a high accuracy sleep move instead. My recommendation would be Lovely Kiss, out of the ones you've suggested.

But yeah, I'd say do it.

AJ Flibble
15th April 2006, 12:30 AM
Spore's the most accuracte. Go with that somehow. Occasionally it misses, so you could us a Parasect and Spore all the wild Smeargles until it missed and was sketched. However, Parasect learns False Swipe by breeding it with a Scyther and so you might as well use that instead, it'll be a whole lot easier to raise.

DFK
15th April 2006, 1:13 AM
Okay, so going with False Swipe and Spore, Parasect looks like the better choice stat and training wise. I guess I'll go with that for catching Pokemon. Thanks for the help.

The Organizer
15th April 2006, 10:15 PM
It would be great for catching wild pokes, but would suck in battleing.

WhiteWizard42
16th April 2006, 2:16 PM
if you want to do the smeargle thing:

spore doesn't miss. your best odds are to do a mystery gift with someone with a parasect that only knows spore, then to go to the viridian trainer house with your smeargle. give it a (mint?) berry, the one that wakes it from sleep, and sketch spore.

~Bent~
16th April 2006, 3:13 PM
Or just teach it Double Team until Spore misses, then Sketch and delete DT.

AJ Flibble
16th April 2006, 3:16 PM
Or, just do as I say and breed Paras False Swipe, and train it up to learn Spore.

Moonlight.
16th April 2006, 4:08 PM
I don't think it would be worth wasting your time getting the moves and training your Smeargle. It would take much less time to try and catch Pokemon without it.

WhiteWizard42
16th April 2006, 7:07 PM
yeah, the only false swipe/spore user that actually has enough attack to be worthwhile is breloom, and he's not available in G/S/C.

Moonlight.
16th April 2006, 8:58 PM
All you really need is mean look, which is pretty easy to get.

grounder
16th April 2006, 9:07 PM
I don't really see much use for Smeagle myself, since it's so hard to get the moves I want onto it, but you might want to put a swords dance on it, at least. False-swipe Parasect is really a better choice, if it wasn't so slow.

Aptenodytes
17th April 2006, 4:57 PM
That's basically how I catch wild Pokemon nowadays. I hate it when they run away -.- As for usefulness, Smeargle is a bad battler most of the time...

.TraX.
18th April 2006, 10:07 AM
If you can get it to level 100 with other moves I'd say do it.

Not like its hard to level a smeargle anyway, and the moves are fairly attainable.

Certainly less dicking around than finding legendary dogs.

Dunsparce
18th April 2006, 3:35 PM
Use could use a Mean Look/Baton Pass Umbreon (Eevee can only learn Baton Pass in Crystal) and a False Swipe/Spore Parasect.

Mean look/Baton Pass Eevee are for regular Wild Pokemon that can run away (like Phanphy and Delibird)