PDA

View Full Version : Is this stealing??

shervin
15th April 2006, 10:30 PM
In the Cerulean Gym, you could fish up pokemon and catch them, wouldn't they, legally belong to Misty?

Comis Patronus
15th April 2006, 10:31 PM
You can? I don't really think so since it's a gym.

Gazmof
15th April 2006, 10:38 PM
You could use your rod on the statues in the gyms in R/B/Y. Didn't think you could do it in G/S/C, though.

Ebil Plusle
15th April 2006, 10:39 PM
it works i tried it b4.

Shadows Follower
15th April 2006, 10:48 PM
Its not stealing. If it was, you wouldn't be able to use Pokeballs on the Pokemon. Serves her right for putting wild Pokemon in the pool in the first place.

Comis Patronus
15th April 2006, 10:49 PM
Are you completely sure? Can anyone else make sure(don't have Crystal anymore)?

The Organizer
15th April 2006, 11:13 PM
It works on my silver, and know it isnt stealing cause it shouldent be able to be caught if its stealing.

Serebii93
16th April 2006, 12:04 AM
Nice try on the lie people. I've SURFed, RODded, and many other things before, and Misty doesn't have any Pokemon in her Gym. Even if there is, by some miracle of God, it wouldn't be stealing because she's fully responsible for it.

Comis Patronus
16th April 2006, 12:05 AM
Nice try on the lie people. I've SURFed, RODded, and many other things before, and Misty doesn't have any Pokemon in her Gym. Even if there is, by some miracle of God, it wouldn't be stealing because she's fully responsible for it.

Thanks for making this clear since I couldn't have done it.

[Kingdra]
16th April 2006, 12:27 AM
I have caught fish in her gym and it is legal

.Person.
16th April 2006, 12:32 AM
I didn't read all the posts. In silver,gold and crist. you can fist at the E4 in the E1 spot.

Serebii93
16th April 2006, 12:38 AM
I didn't read all the posts. In silver,gold and crist. you can fist at the E4 in the E1 spot.
Though art SPAMming. We are talking about fishing in Misty's Gym, you idiot!
*Reports*

And no, you cannot catch anything in the E4 either.

EDIT: To all, I am sorry. I have just went to Misty's Gym and I RODded there. I caught only Krabby, though. But, You still cannot fish in the E5 Rooms.

Savage X
16th April 2006, 5:28 PM
Why would you care if it stealing lol?

It's a game and she is a made up cartoon character.....the game wouldn't let you if it was stealing.

Aptenodytes
17th April 2006, 6:00 PM
Maybe those are just wild Pokemon resting at her gym :p. I'd hardly consider it stealing if the creators intentionally put that there...

Full Metal Alchemist
17th April 2006, 6:43 PM
If it were stealing then Misty would probaly bite your head off. When you get into a battle with one of the fished up Pokémon in the GYM it dose indicate that it is a WILD Pokémon. So in this cause I would say no you aren't stealing from Misty GYM, but you are filling the pages in your Pokédex.

SuperShadow
17th April 2006, 9:41 PM
It is not stealing if it was then how come I've caught wild pokemon there!

Megg Lavender
18th April 2006, 2:19 AM
It's not stealing. If it was, Misty would have to tell you, or the text would suddenly say "Stealing Pokemon is bad! Catch only WILD Pokemon!" or something like that. I fished in Misty's gym before, and nothing happened. The water in the gym is probably connected to the river or some nearby water place, so maybe that's why wild Pokemon are there.

Serebii93
18th April 2006, 9:31 PM
I just went ahead and caught a Krabby there. At first, I never could have believed there were Pokemon in the Water, but all I've seen is a Krabby. *Catches another Krabby so I can breed a happy Krabby out of 'Em*

Gazmof
19th April 2006, 1:30 AM
Why would you care if it stealing lol?

It's a game and she is a made up cartoon character.....the game wouldn't let you if it was stealing.

"I wasn't kidding when I said pay! Now, you'll pay the ultimate price!!"

Quoted from the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening when you steal an item from the item shop before getting toasted by lightning.

Dunsparce
19th April 2006, 2:39 AM
I wonder if anyone has tried it in FR/LG

in RGBY, Lorelei's Room had Water Pokemon. That's what they were talking about. In RGBY, there was only Magikarp for both :/

So this whole topic should be in General Pokemon discussion IMO.

Magma Instinct
19th April 2006, 2:58 AM
OMG, this entire thread was a spam hole to begin with. It was the most noobiest thing I had ever seen.

-_-

Mr. Bikini fan
20th April 2006, 1:02 AM
Same with in R/B/Y, i enountered and caught a poliwag.

Dragon_Reborn
20th April 2006, 1:36 AM
I remember fishing in Misty's Gym.I dont really think its consisted as stealing.I dont see Officer Jenny coming after you lol.It makes me think that maybe it is.She might of trained them and put them in the gym pools to live in but I think its not.

Captain Brain
20th April 2006, 7:29 AM
Just a game. Relax, and if the game designers thought it would have been problematic they would have made it not possible to catch them. Not only that, but when they attack you it says WILD Insert Pokemon Name has attacked. So that should clear your conscious. ;025;

Mudkip of DVN
22nd April 2006, 4:29 PM
Since I don't think it has been clarified...

GOLD/SILVER: Wild PKMN will appear in the GYM
CRYSTAL: Wild PKMN will NOT appear in the GYM

I want to say you can find Corsola in her GYM, but don't quote me on that.

.TraX.
22nd April 2006, 4:38 PM
Though art SPAMming. We are talking about fishing in Misty's Gym, you idiot!

Actually you dolt, he is bringing an altogether relevant point to the table of discussion to do with the question of theft over fishing and capturing pokemon on private property.

Neopolis
22nd April 2006, 4:53 PM
OMG, this entire thread was a spam hole to begin with. It was the most noobiest thing I had ever seen.

-_-
You didn't see much then, huh?

And I don't think it's considered stealing. It's just connected to a lake or river or whatever.

Praetor
24th April 2006, 2:06 AM
so what if it is stealing, especially in pokemon where u can just go find items all over the place and take berries from peoples property, slopoke tails, etc. etc.