PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Graveborn Muse

klducks
16th April 2006, 5:22 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/legions/graveborn_muse.jpg
Graveborn Muse - Legions. Rare
2BB: Creature - Zombie Spirit
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw X cards and lose X life, where X is the number of Zombies you control.
"Her voice is damnation, unyielding and certain."
-Phage the Untouchable

pretty much a Phyrexian Arena, accept faster and it's a creature. This pretty much works even in a nonzombie deck since 1 card for 1 life + a 3/3 creature is worth it. Ofcourse, in zombie decks, this could get a little insane with losing 5 life each turn, which isn't very cool. Way better then the Dark Confidant IMO.

The Duck's Rating:3/5

Broodstar
16th April 2006, 7:26 PM
This>>>>>>>>>>Dark Confident. Although it kinda sucks when you have too much zombies. Really good though 3.5/5

Shadow Trainer
16th April 2006, 7:53 PM
This is great in a zombie deck, where you will probably run out of cards in hand and start topdecking, but this card solves that problem. 3/5

I disagree that this is better then Dark Confidant. I think that the only time Graveborn Muse is better then Confidant in an aggro deck is in a Zombie aggro deck.

chaoslord
16th April 2006, 8:34 PM
This is great in a zombie deck, where you will probably run out of cards in hand and start topdecking, but this card solves that problem. 3/5

I disagree that this is better then Dark Confidant. I think that the only time Graveborn Muse is better then Confidant in an aggro deck is in a Zombie aggro deck.

We have a winner.

Sika
16th April 2006, 10:46 PM
I had this in my Zombie deck long time ago, when I used to play.

Of course, drawing cards is good and losing life is not good.

Nantuko Husk is only one of the possible answers.

3.75/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
18th April 2006, 12:30 PM
Ouch. The drawing ability is nice, but you'll probably want to counter-blance the life loss with stuff like Rune of Protection: Black or stuff like that. ANd Urza's Armour. Double-edged sword. 3/5.