PDA

View Full Version : Trading With Emerald

Judai Yuki
16th April 2006, 4:24 PM
How dov you do it in this game i went to the Time Capsule and tried to trade my haunter but it had nightmare so i had to delete that move.Then when i connected the link cables it keeps saying like your partner is not ready.When the cables on completly pluged into the systems.

Dragon trainer
16th April 2006, 4:34 PM
you cant trade with the following games: firered/leafgreen/emerald/ruby/sapphire

you can with: Crystal/gold/silver/R/G/Y/B and stadium 1/2 i think stadium 2.

the reason isthat they arent compactable

Judai Yuki
16th April 2006, 4:35 PM
I'll wait fopr more replies but then why does it say trade with the past and FUTURE?

Powerful_Blaziken88
16th April 2006, 4:55 PM
I don't know why it says that, but you can't trade with any of the 3rd generation games. There's a page on the main site explaining why they made that so if you want to know.

Judai Yuki
16th April 2006, 5:13 PM
Okay can you link me i cant find it.

muckers
16th April 2006, 5:39 PM
I'll wait fopr more replies but then why does it say trade with the past and FUTURE?

I'm thinking perhaps Nintendo intended to implement it, but when it came down to it, they couldn't.

The games are just too different in the way they're coded.

emeraldellie
16th April 2006, 6:40 PM
Okay can you link me i cant find it.
http://www.serebii.net/games/trade.shtml
It'd be really cool if we could trade between generations, but so many hidden numbers were changed and added that we'd probably have to have a seperate game or two to hold all the data to convert it, if it was even possible.

[Kingdra]
16th April 2006, 6:41 PM
They can't trade becaus etherre systems are way different

The Organizer
16th April 2006, 9:39 PM
You cant trade, the game are to differnt and to advanced for the old gen games.

Magma Instinct
17th April 2006, 1:05 AM
*1, The only reason why they made Fr/Lg was so that we hard-core pokemon fans could get out beloved 1st generation favorites into the newer games. Johto pokemon, too. More Johto pokemon game out in Emerald, so I think the next games should allow you to get all you favorites.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
17th April 2006, 1:16 AM
Ya well, they didn't have to make the johto game with the new pics because you can get like all without it.

Judai Yuki
17th April 2006, 1:46 AM
But it's impossible for me to get Squirtle,Charizard,Bulbasaur,Totodile,Cydaquil,Bay leef,Pidgey,Caterpie,Weedle,and Tauros in my Emerald game.

Naraku_Diabolos
17th April 2006, 1:52 AM
Yes, with FR/LG/COL/XD...

Astinus
17th April 2006, 3:27 AM
That's why we have the newer games. FR/LG/Colo/XD were created so the older Pokémon could be revamped for the newer fans, and as a item of nostalgia for the older fans.

So, you know, they didn't mean the future as in R/S/E. They meant the future as in G/S/C. It would seem to be understandable. The third generation was only an idea at that time. To the old R/B/Y games, the Johto games are the future.

And how Nintendo makes their money. The fans have to buy all the games in order to "cacth 'em all."

Dunsparce
18th April 2006, 3:48 PM
It's quite simple, really.

Pokemon in RGBYGSC have two digits in there value in Hexidecimal form. 00 to FF. 0 to 256. RSE/FRLG/C/XD have a three-digit value system. 000 to FFF

Bulbasaur, for example is 01 in RGBYGSC
In the advanced genereation, however, it is 001.

Such things make them incompatable even if Nintendo wanted them to be compatable with one another.

SuperShadow
18th April 2006, 4:45 PM
R/B/Y/G/G/S/C is incompatible with the newer games.This is since they are so different.

Captain Brain
18th April 2006, 6:42 PM
Maybe one day we'll be able to use our beloved G/S/C in newer generation games. ;025;

Dunsparce
18th April 2006, 7:09 PM
It's quite simple, really.

Pokemon in RGBYGSC have two digits in there value in Hexidecimal form. 00 to FF. 0 to 256. RSE/FRLG/C/XD have a three-digit value system. 000 to FFF

Bulbasaur, for example is 01 in RGBYGSC
In the advanced genereation, however, it is 001.

Such things make them incompatable even if Nintendo wanted them to be compatable with one another.

Wow. People sure do listen well -_-;

This and things such as Shinys having perfect IV, the number of IVs, Gamelink data transfereing, ect. All show that GSC will never be compatible with the main series ever again.

Black Marauder
18th April 2006, 7:42 PM
Bottom Line:

You ain't able to trade from R/B/Y/G/S/C to FR/LG/R/S/E because of previously mentioned reasons. Now run along and go play G/S/C knowing that you won't be able to trade your Pogeys over ;D