PDA

View Full Version : [Mod]Close immediately or catch it when you're modding?

Locke Yggdrasill
16th April 2006, 7:02 PM
Well, I've been trying to study the habits of mods when they close threads, and the time between their last activity and the closing of the thread, but it was to no avail, so I figured it'd be simpler to ask it here.

Mods, when a member sees a thread that has the question answered(and perhaps open to more unnecessary posts), would you like us to report it to you or would you like to catch it when you're modding, later?

PLANES CURE TOWERS
16th April 2006, 7:06 PM
Well, I've been trying to study the habits of mods when they close threads
WHY?

Seriously :/

-Josh

Locke Yggdrasill
16th April 2006, 7:09 PM
In order to optimize efficiency of reporting, foo. :P
That punctuation at the end of that quote is a comma; the rest of the sentence helps the reader understand it.

Dark Pheonix
16th April 2006, 7:09 PM
Ye Josh makes a good point What possesed you to spend so much time of your life studying habbits of mods?

Shadowfaith
16th April 2006, 7:11 PM
oO;;

Umm, okay then...

Anyways, I would rather just come across it. I hate reports as it is...

PLANES CURE TOWERS
16th April 2006, 7:11 PM
In order to optimize efficiency of reporting, foo. :P

How do Mods want to be contacted?

Some mods prefer different methods for being informed of topics breaking the rules. This is so far an incomplete list of what some mods prefer.

Report Button

Private Message
RaZoR LeAf
Dragonfree
Tauromacis
Ookami
TRJessie579
Wolf Goddess
IMPERIAL DRAGON
Edward Elric

Either or Any
Himiko
Latios
Fox
PsiUmbreon
Eternal
Shining Mew
MS

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=2330229&postcount=4)

-Josh

Locke Yggdrasill
16th April 2006, 7:12 PM
Dude, I spent like...5 hours conducting the study. :<
And, Josh, that's not the question I was asking. I've seen that list already.
Why are y'all hatin'? :<

Ethereal
16th April 2006, 7:12 PM
WHY?

Seriously :/

-Josh
I think we ALL know the answer to that, Josh. *smirk*

Anyways, you can report it, or let the mod get to it when they get to it. Either way, it doesn't really matter, as it will be dealt with eventually. By "reporting", I mean PM or IM them. Much quicker than the "report" button, as some mods have had trouble with that system. D:

Observation: It seems that some people still see me as a mod. Rofl rofl. Amirite? LOLOL

PLANES CURE TOWERS
16th April 2006, 7:15 PM
Dude, I spent like...5 hours conducting the study. :<
And, Josh, that's not the question I was asking.
You want to know how to "optimise the effinciency of reporting foo" don't you? Then why not contact the mods the way they want? ^_^

Seems to me like you're just looking for desperate attempts to further prove you're a good candidate for being modded. And to be honest it's pathetic.

-Josh

Locke Yggdrasill
16th April 2006, 7:20 PM
Josh, wtf, dude? That's not the question I was asking. I merely wished to learn whether mods prefer getting notified of an answered thread immediately or if they wanted to catch it when they were modding; and with that knowledge improve to the optimum efficiency of reporting. I know who prefers which means of communication and all.
I wasn't trying to imply a hint of modbegging in this thread. You may perceive it that way, but that's not my utter intention. It's sheer curiosity that drove me to create this thread.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
16th April 2006, 7:23 PM
Here's a question: Why does it matter? Oh wait no, to optimize reporting? Ah yeah that's it, um... wait... hold on... there's nothing wrong with threads that have a question in them that's been answered in that they rarely attract attention past 2 posts? And they're usually closed eventually or just plain ignored? Ah yeah, okay then. Makes sense ^_^

No. Question is pointless. Time taking to study mod behaviour is pointless, and also a bit creepy, and I stand by the pathetic comment.

I wasn't trying to imply a hint of modbegging in this thread. You may perceive it that way, but that's not my utter intention. It's sheer curiosity that drove me to create this thread.
Yeah I laughed too guys.

-Josh

Locke Yggdrasill
16th April 2006, 7:26 PM
I really have nothing better to do. I'm partly immobilized by surgery, so it's not like I'm going to go out and exercise or anything. And I would assume that being on the computer is intellectually healthier than watching the tube, so, thus, I conducted my study. I do have a life, it's just on hold right now until I recover.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
16th April 2006, 7:27 PM
So you conduct research on the mods of a pokemon forum? Yup.

-Josh

Locke Yggdrasill
16th April 2006, 7:30 PM
It's more enjoyable than other mental things I could have done.