PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Predator, Flagship

klducks
17th April 2006, 4:41 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/nemesis/predator_flagship.jpg
Predator, Flagship - Nemesis. Rare
5: Legendary Artifact
2: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
5,T: Destroy target creature with flying.
"The scourge of Skyshroud is airborne once more."
-Oracle en-Vec

bleh, just bleh. 5 for an artifact that costs 5 or even 7 more to remove a single creature. no thanks.

it's handy to give your guys flyers... but 5 mana... just say no when you can have Neurok Hoversail

The Duck's Rating: 1.5/5

~RaikouRider243~
17th April 2006, 5:24 PM
Pfft. The Ugly Stick, Rod of Ruin, is better than this. And Rod of Ruin is bad.
1/5

Shadow Trainer
17th April 2006, 7:49 PM
The ability to give your creatures flying is nice, but paying five mana to play this and five or seven mana to kill a creature is not. 1/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
18th April 2006, 12:12 PM
Meh........Very flexible. But the cost does not justify. You might as well throw in an Elvish Skysweeper and the aforementioned Neurok Hoversail and be done with it. 1/5.

Sika
18th April 2006, 11:43 PM
I agree here. Damn, this cards sucks bad.

Burn!

1/5

chaoslord
19th April 2006, 8:44 AM
1/5

Rod of Ruin is nowhere near this card.

Everyone forgets this is a MM block card, so its a given that it would suck. But it doesn't suck as bad as yall are claiming.

The cost really can't be justified FULLY, but giving things flying is usually a huge tempo swing if this can be used to good effect, because it means youre sitting on a decent pile of mana.

To play it, you have to have at least 5. Thats already an additional 2 flying creatures a turn.

If you look at it as purely 7, T: Destroy target creature, then of course its bad, unless youre playing straight arti's w/ Urzatron, which is a fun deck to play. The Urzatron really ++'s this card a lot. But I digress.

The main function as far as I can see is not to destory creatures so much as to win you games. While Neurok Hoversail may seem better, its not always. If they shatter the neurok after you attack, you're probably attacking into death. Shattering the Flagship after it activates does nothing.

Plus this thing would be close to a freaking house in limited if you didn't get Blastoderm or a decent amount of Rebels.

2/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
23rd April 2006, 3:22 PM
If you really get a good strategy, this could be a game-ender for non-flying decks, slapping down a giant beatdown creature with Flying and letting it go trigger happy.......

skiboydoggy
30th April 2006, 2:34 PM
Bah, fickle Pikachu you.
Actually, this is a decent card, in that you can give multiple creatures flying until the end of turn, which would in my opinion put it slightly above Neurok, but whatever floats your boat.