PDA

View Full Version : You wanted a type chart?

Serebii
17th April 2006, 6:32 PM
Here's yer bleedin type chart

Decided to make it the best damned type chart ever so here it is, it contains all the types and all the type combinations

http://www.serebii.net/games/type.shtml

I know what yer going to say as the only bad bit, but I'm looking at gettin a way to float the Table header so its always there

But other than that, here it is...all your moaning paid off...this time :p

Kudos to A2 for the PHP Script Backend

BEST DAMNED TYPE CHART EVER

Cosine
17th April 2006, 6:39 PM
Woah, I always thought it would be the usual type charts with single Pokemon types but you sure proved me wrong on this one. Type combination weaknesses are simply awesome. It sure took a lot of your time, effort and patience. Just realised too, that Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow type combination weaknesses would definitely give you a major headache. (Eg. Gyarados resistant to Grass instead of just neutral)

Mega Trickster
17th April 2006, 6:45 PM
O_O
I wasn't one of the people because frankly I knew ALL type weakness and resistances but this IS the best damned type match-up chart in exsistence! It would suck if some jerk copied it and said it was their own because you worked hard on this to get the moaners to shut up Serebii >=O!

PLANES CURE TOWERS
17th April 2006, 6:46 PM
True story.

-Josh

mau
17th April 2006, 7:03 PM
at last, this is what i wanted, always having trouble with types

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 7:14 PM
Hate to say it but I find the NB one simpler to read off, and just find it easier to use :x

BTW, any chance of RBY/GSC ones?

Mega Trickster
17th April 2006, 7:16 PM
Hate to say it but I find the NB one simpler to read off, and just find it easier to use :x

BTW, any chance of RBY/GSC ones?

You're going to make Serebii's head explode if people read this and 2000 people begin to want one =X

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 7:20 PM
You're going to make Serebii's head explode if people read this and 2000 people begin to want one =X

People stated they wanted one in the other thread though ;/

Serebii
17th April 2006, 7:29 PM
They should be the same really, just with less type combinations which is pointless so use the normal one

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 7:37 PM
They should be the same really, just with less type combinations which is pointless so use the normal one

The smallest changes will help those who still play GSC/RBY though, like myself. Besides, small changes shouldn't take long adding on to the main battle chart.

Selestius
17th April 2006, 7:38 PM
Wow, great type chart, Joe, but the mebers really didn't need to ask you for one [they could've used Psypoke's....-.-], but reagardless, the type chart looks good, and I hope those who yearned for one got their wish...

Serebii
17th April 2006, 7:43 PM
The smallest changes will help those who still play GSC/RBY though, like myself. Besides, small changes shouldn't take long adding on to the main battle chart.
I'm sorry but no, that'ld just be a waste of space. Just use the damned one that covers everythin for cryin out loud

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
17th April 2006, 7:47 PM
I can see the use in a G/S/C/R/B/Y chart. For other people, though. Very rarely do I actually play G/S/C, and even when I do, I pretty much know every Type weakness and resistance. I like this one. Nice to look at and a lot more informative than many others like it.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Serebii
17th April 2006, 7:51 PM
Theres No Difference In The Bloody Charts Between Generations. Only Them Having A Few Less Type Combinations

Its pointless to do another chart for it

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 7:53 PM
I fail to see how it's pointless if it helps even the smallest number of people.

Ilex
17th April 2006, 7:55 PM
Thank thar Serebii *Gets a tin can thrown at him*

G/S/C/R/B/Y Would be pwn ^^

Mega Trickster
17th April 2006, 7:57 PM
Thank thar Serebii *Gets a tin can thrown at him*

G/S/C/R/B/Y Would be pwn ^^

...Do people listen at all? Serebii said theres no really big difference between those games and the type chart he made. *wonders why people think Serebii is a miricle worker*....

Serebii
17th April 2006, 7:58 PM
I dont see how it would help at all. It would just be a damned waste of space as it has the exact same information in

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 8:01 PM
I dont see how it would help at all. It would just be a damned waste of space as it has the exact same information in

Then you could just add, "the same type chart appies to the RBY/GSC era, although there are a few differences. They are as follows..." or some other text based material. Doesn't need to be another chart that covers the same detail as the first. You could just identify the changes by writing them out via text only, rather than even creating another chart for RBY/GSC. Wouldn't use much more bandwidth at all that way :/

Ilex
17th April 2006, 8:02 PM
...Do people listen at all? Serebii said theres no really big difference between those games and the type chart he made. *wonders why people think Serebii is a miricle worker*....I heard him =O

Opinions happen you know.

Ellie
17th April 2006, 8:10 PM
But, the supereffective/not very effective-ness differs from generation to generation slighlty, most notably Poison being supereffective against Bug in RBY, then later changed to being not very effective. I'm not saying that you should create a whole other chart for the older generations, but maybe put a note about the differences at the bottom of this one.

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 8:15 PM
Ryan

One type chart that pretty much covers all the current possibilities (not saying every, since that's not the case here) is good enough. No matter what generation of Pokemon you're in, all you have to do is figure out which Pokemon has the type, and look at the list. Even if you never encounter a particular combination, you should know to ignore it and move on.

In otherwords, no matter what generation, you're going to read the type chart the same and it doesn't matter if there's less or if it caters to a certain generation. Sure you might save a scroll down or two, but are you that lazy?

But in some cases, Serebii should just mold the GSC Pokedex with the RSE one.

I still fail to see the harm in adding a few lines of text involving the changes between the different generations though :/ Besides, shouldn't the "Number 1 unofficial pokemon site" acquaint for the needs of those who play all the different games. Should not it cover every detail?

I don't wish to raise any argument, but I just fail to see how a little extra effort will be a wasted effort.

I'm not saying that you should create a whole other chart for the older generations, but maybe put a note about the differences at the bottom of this one.

Same as what I'm saying really.

RaZoR LeAf
17th April 2006, 8:29 PM
I'll put an RBY Type Chart in the RBY Forum if it makes any difference.

DragonDance
17th April 2006, 8:34 PM
People, if you want RBY/ GSC Charts, just download netbattle. It isn't that hard.

Also posting to say: Good work Joe.

Volteon
17th April 2006, 9:05 PM
It looks good =)
But for me it wasn´t really needed.

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 9:28 PM
People, if you want RBY/ GSC Charts, just download netbattle. It isn't that hard.

That's like saying "people, if you want new pokemon information, just go to the official pokemon site".

It just helps to be all in one place, and on such a "number one" site.

Anyway I won't say anymore considering this isn't going anywhere :/ The Chart on the site is still good nonetheless. Just think it can be bettered ;x

RaZoR LeAf
17th April 2006, 9:33 PM

Netbattle is not compatible with everything.

MidnightScott
17th April 2006, 9:53 PM
Atleast this will help the people who don't know Type Matchups. However - I also know every Pokémon's type and their weaknesses.

I think you should make it to where it highlights so people dont get confused.

~Scott;229;

Magma Instinct
17th April 2006, 9:55 PM
Yea, go Serebii. It looks awesome!!! :p

Phosphate
17th April 2006, 10:14 PM
Wow, I am impressed. You even have dual types. Thank you very much, Serebii, and Arty2. Hoever, you should add the links of each picture so that when you click on a type, such as steel, a page comes up where it shows every Pokemon of that type.
EDIT: Woops, I see that now. :p

Serebii
17th April 2006, 10:24 PM
Wow, I am impressed. You even have dual types. Thank you very much, Serebii, and Arty2. Hoever, you should add the links of each picture so that when you click on a type, such as steel, a page comes up where it shows every Pokemon of that type.
That was implemented from the get-go ;)

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
17th April 2006, 10:36 PM
Thisll be great when i have "Duh" moments writing fics, or when I'm to lazy to walk into my room to get the chart I made, Double types not included.
Best damn thing scince Sliced bread >D

pharaohguy530
17th April 2006, 10:57 PM
Alright, a type chart! I needed one. Its like you read my mind........
It looks good! Thanks.

Atoyont
17th April 2006, 11:22 PM
Very good, Serebii and Arty2. Very good. It covers every possible thing one could want on a type chart. Although one could look in a Nintendo Player's Guide [¬¬] I guess some people don't have them. Of course, if they are able to afford a computer and not a book, then that's just sad.

Oh, and Serebii...

Also learn to use punctuation ;227; Tell that to Joe. Poor chap's afraid of periods for some reason. :p
Just a suggestion.

Serebii
17th April 2006, 11:30 PM
I do use punctuation thanks.

AJ Flibble
17th April 2006, 11:34 PM
What? I was talking to someone else when I said that! Anyway, nice chart, although you could have done it for every single type combo, but that would be pushing it... you'll obviously have to update it for D/P.

EDIT: wait, giant misunderstanding... never mind.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
17th April 2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the type chart. It covers 4x weaknesses and resistances, something not many charts do.

Fluorescent Adolescent
17th April 2006, 11:55 PM
Basically what I'm saying is, if people are looking up for a particular type, they'll look down until they find it, and see what types work against it and what types don't. You don't need to get generation specific about it.

Well considering changes were made between the RBYGSC era and RSE era, then yes, I believe there is a need to get specific about it somewhat.

I'll stop now :x

Ethereal
18th April 2006, 12:01 AM
Well, that's rather dubious. [/smug]

Anyhow, it's nice to see that you've listened to others.

Um...I really have nothing more to say than that. o.o

Serebii
18th April 2006, 10:10 AM
Actually Ryan, there were no changes between GSC and RS, there were a couple between RBY & GSC however

liquinn
18th April 2006, 11:43 AM
Yes. There was. Joe. Very nice work on this. Good luck with future thing's on the website.

Fluorescent Adolescent
18th April 2006, 1:46 PM
Actually Ryan, there were no changes between GSC and RS, there were a couple between RBY & GSC however

Yeah and I just realised the mistake in my post. I meant RBY and GSC.

Dark Espeon
18th April 2006, 2:31 PM
Awesome chart. Yay!!! =D

DJ Panic!
18th April 2006, 4:45 PM
always love your sense of humor joe. It really is the Best Damned Type Chart Ever. Thanks.

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
18th April 2006, 5:54 PM
It is truly the

Dragonfree
18th April 2006, 6:22 PM
*shrugs* Personally, I don't see the need for a chart that covers type combinations. It's the simplest math in the world, and anybody who is too lazy to figure out for themselves what will happen for dual combinations deserves to be shot. But to each his own.

Bulk
18th April 2006, 10:34 PM
Well, it was slightly difficult to read at first considering you changed the way round the usual type charts go (Attack on the left, Pokemon type on the top) but after I got to grips with it,I found it VERY useful Thanks alot, especially considering you (Serebii) have been busy with assignments.

Just one thing, do Ghost attacks really have no effect on Normal Pokemon?

Serebii
18th April 2006, 10:47 PM
Indeed they do not

Dragon_Reborn
19th April 2006, 5:31 PM
Awesome job Serebii.I think that is one of the best pokemon type charts ever.I like how u made the dual type ones.I always hated trying to figure out some on the dual combo types weaknesses.

Zerodius
20th April 2006, 7:56 AM
Well... what can I say?

First: FINALLY! *bounces up and down happilly*

Second: Best type chart on any site so far? Yes! Perfect type chart? Sorry but you can improve on it: list the changes from RBY to GSC/RSE. No need for a second chart... a list of the changes is enough. Do it whenever you have the time... please. As for further improvements... well, until the Pearl/Diamond games are released, nope, that's all that is lacking.

Thirdly: Random comment, ignore it if you want... I would have rather have seen the Active Users feature remaining on sub-forums rather than see a whole lot of new avatars. Don't we have enough avatars already? Yes, probably pointless and annoying hence the "ignore if you want" part.

Have a nice day.

Serebii
20th April 2006, 10:32 AM
Well, when you look at it, SPP tends to only focus on the 3rd & 4th Generation with the Games Mechanics Pages at the moment being 3rd Gen only so listing those changes wouldn't be logical in that area

And the Active Users takes way more usage than the Avatars

Black Marauder
20th April 2006, 2:14 PM
It actually looks good Serebii.

Dark Pheonix
20th April 2006, 2:16 PM
Nice chart Serebii once again you have out done yourself!:)

Xtra
20th April 2006, 2:19 PM
Thank you, Selebii.

killerjaw01
23rd April 2006, 6:50 PM
Nice chart, if I get stuck I'll use it.

Eszett
23rd April 2006, 7:06 PM
First of all, good job on the chart, Joe. It's bound to be a useful link the next time someone says a Steel/Dragon with Levitate would have no weaknesses.

Anyways, I only have two suggestions for it that will set it further above other type charts: noting which types are physical and which are special (yes, I've still seen questions about that), and also giving a short blurb on how attacks attain each category (e.g., Water/Electric is 4x weak to Electric since both of those types are weak to it, but it's neutral to Grass since Water is weak to it yet Flying resists it). This would be helpful for plotting the weaknesses and resistances of hypothetical combos for those not as attuned in that regard and would also us to keep track on how new combos for the emerging D/P Pokemon fare.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work.