PDA

View Full Version : The Your Pokémon Thread

Illegible
18th April 2006, 1:46 AM
This topic was just created in the R/S/E section, so I thought I should bring it here:

Here is how it works:

Your 6 Pokémon...

-Name
-Nickname
-Level
-Item
-Ball (only if you oddly remember)
-Other

Then your funny stories about catching a Pokémon/do you have a lot of one Pokémon/Pokédex/Anything Else

Well, I have so many pkmn, that my teams are by level (a thirties team, a hundred team, a fities team, etc…) I am only going to say the few that deserve “honorable mention”.

-DRAGONAIR
-DRATINAIR
-Leftovers
-Mine are probably all Ultra Balls or Friend Balls…
-This pkmn is a competitor with my sister’s Vaporeon, so its level hovers wherever my sister’s Vaporeon is. Just like my Metang on Emerald, this pkmn is not evolving.

-QUAGSIRE
-DHROLL (pronounced “jroll”)
-No Item Right Now
-?
-This pkmn stays at level 20 for link battles in that range. I am sure this is the only Quagsire with Dynamicpunch and Iron Tail. :D Plus, it gets the second-strangest nickname award next to a friend of mine's Porygon named "GUHWILFURR".

-MAGMAR
-LOCH
-Stardust (Why not?)
-?
-Its nickname has a complex story behind it, ask me if you really have to know…

-POLIWRATH
-POLIWRATH
-No Item Right Now
-?
-This pkmn was traded, so it had no nickname then, so none now. This pkmn is made specifically for link battles, because it has the Mind Reader/Fissure combination.

-NOCTOWL (shining)
-FLIGHT
-Quick Claw
-?
-This pkmn was a level three HOOT HOOT caught while searching for Raikou. :p It is incredibly hard to train, due to its moveset that relies on stalled fighting.

-CLEFABLE (shining)
-MOON FAIRY
-Amulet Coin
-PokeBall
-My Odd Egg product is this. It evolved into Clefairy at like level 18 or so. It also is-just fun to use…

I did not mention my Kingler (my best+most-used pkmn), my Houndoom (“The Elite Four Destroyer), and my Porygon2 (long story behind it also…).

Well, complete ‘dex, almost 270 hours atm, and most PC boxes full, I guess my Crystal has everything, but I have put a lot of work into it…

Theowne
18th April 2006, 3:01 AM
This is my old in-game Silver team. They obviously suck in competitive battlnig, but this is ingame, where you pick your favourite Pokemon and favourite attacks, instead of the most effective:

Poliwrath
-Ice Punch
-Mind Reader
-Dynamic Punch
-Surf

And believe it or not, this was actually my most used and strongest Pokemon. Surf and Ice Beam covered a good variety of types, and Mind-Reader + Dynamic Punch took care of the rest.

Typhlosion
-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day
-Swift
-Rollout

Yes, rollout may be a weak early TM, but seriously, it's been useful so many times I was just too reluctant to change it. And swift is cool.

Hypno
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Headbutt
-Psychic

So you see what I mean by in-game vs. competitive. Hypnosis wouldn't fly, but what's with the TWO same type moves and headbutt? Well, I like the moves. There.

Aerodactyl
-Earthquake
-Hyper Beam
-Fly
-Ancient Power

Ampharos
-Cotton Spore
-Thunder Wave
-Return
-Thunder Punch

Sentimental value......the first Poke that I caught....

Lugia
-Aeroblast
-Recover
-Giga Drain
-Safeguard

The Benmeister
18th April 2006, 11:35 AM
Well, this Crystal game was only created yesterday so that is why my team currently sucks hardcore:

Chikorita
Level 7
-Tackle
-Growl

Poliwag
Level 6
-Bubble

Spinarak
Level 6
-Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Scary Face

Growlithe
Level 5
-Bite
-Roar

Hooray for eight attacks total!

Rest assured, in a week these will possibly become stronger (and evolved, of course). And nicknames, maybe. Damn my data deleting itself.

AJ Flibble
18th April 2006, 11:45 AM
I lost my Silver, but still have Crystal and can't remember the items... these aren't final yet though.

Typhlosion
L46
Sunny Day
Thunderpunch
Flame Wheel
Swift

Machamp
L46
Karate Chop (PP issues help Karate Chop a lot)
Rock Slide
Cross Chop
Sustitute

Umbreon
L46
Faint Attack
Swift
Mean Look
Baton Pass

Exeggutor
L46
Barrage (ugh)
Sleep Powder
Psychic
Leech Seed

Magneton
L46
Thundershock
Thunderwave
Screech
Tri Attack (seriously, the last 2 moves are so useful right now!)

Dewgong
L46
Rest
Sleep Talk
Surf
Ice Beam

(Dewgong has it's final moveset lol)

I have no idea who to teach Earthquake to, Machamp or Typhlosion...

Theowne
19th April 2006, 4:26 AM
Well, Earthquake benefits against those Rock types that Typhlosion is weak against whereas Machamp can already mop the floor with 'em....