PDA

View Full Version : Manga/Anime?????

Prime Wolf
18th April 2006, 4:07 AM
This is probably really stupid to most people, but i was watching Battle B-Daman and my friend said it was a Manga not an Anime, how do you tell the difference? =/

Kiyohime
18th April 2006, 4:11 AM
Uh, If I ain't mistaken, manga = comic, and anime = television. :P Of course, it probably goes deeper than that, but I dunno.

HK
18th April 2006, 4:13 AM
... I've asked many questions and also given many answers since becoming more seriously involved in anime and manga, but I don't think one like this has ever come up like this...

Manga are pictures that don't move. Anime are pictures that do move. That's all you honestly need to know to tell the difference.

Tell your friend that he is foolish, and I'm putting it rather mildly at the moment.

Edit: Dammit, Xian, why did you have to post before me?

Uh, If I ain't mistaken, manga = comic, and anime = television. :P Of course, it probably goes deeper than that, but I dunno.

I don't think we need a college thesis for this one. ;D

Prime Wolf
18th April 2006, 4:20 AM
Ahh thats what i thought but my friend confused me, :@, lol

That Scary Clefairy
18th April 2006, 4:23 AM
Yea manga is like comics, and anime is for animation. that series you mention I believe has a manga and an anime. If you like it then check out both of the media. The manga could have some stuff not in the anime and vise versa.

LMAO, Scrap nice sig. Burst Angel and Mew. lol

Tip The Waitress
19th April 2006, 2:22 AM
anime is actually a referral to japanese cartoons, and manga is a certain style of drawing cartoons.

That Scary Clefairy
19th April 2006, 2:26 AM
anime is actually a referral to japanese cartoons, and manga is a certain style of drawing cartoons.

By american definition. If you were to go by the Japanese's definition it would apply to all animation/ graphic novels