PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Manga

milowner
18th April 2006, 7:31 AM
Does anyone know how far into One Piece has been translated into English? I assume what has been translated can be found on the likes of Amazon, right?

Skiks
18th April 2006, 2:18 PM
Does anyone know how far into One Piece has been translated into English? I assume what has been translated can be found on the likes of Amazon, right?
Or your local bookstore. =P Course assuming you live in the USA. Right now they have ten volumes translated.

Dogasu
18th April 2006, 3:33 PM
The most recent volume of Shonen Jump (May 2006) has the introduction of Captain Smoker.

That Scary Clefairy
18th April 2006, 5:54 PM
...or Chaser!!!! lmao

But in all honesty, One Piece is starting to interst me only for the sake of the character designs

Dogasu
18th April 2006, 7:00 PM
Surprisingly, Captain Smoker remains Captain Smoker, cigars and all.

That Scary Clefairy
18th April 2006, 7:27 PM
I'm well aware of that for the USA manga verison. I was just joking.

Rex Kamex
19th April 2006, 2:03 AM
Also, the May 2006 issue has the last three chapters of Volume 11.

Abraace
24th April 2006, 2:15 PM
If you're a UK or Australia resident, I believe the only way you can get them is if from Amazon.

Incidently, France is past the Skypedia Arc now. :(

Tokagero
29th April 2006, 4:11 AM
I LOVE One Piece! ^ ^ I just wish we weren't so far behind...

Abraace
5th May 2006, 5:09 PM
HAHA! Fear not...I stumbled across this neat little place...all of One Piece up to Enies Lobby translated into English(well...I say all...some chapters are still being translated)

Enjoy: One Piece-Volume's 1-40, Chapter's 1-401 (http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-3/homepage.msnw)

kykui
6th May 2006, 1:49 AM
HAHA! Fear not...I stumbled across this neat little place...all of One Piece up to Enies Lobby translated into English(well...I say all...some chapters are still being translated)

Enjoy: One Piece-Volume's 1-40, Chapter's 1-401 (http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-3/homepage.msnw)

That link. Wow. THANK YOU. < 3
I've only been reading off v.1 and v.2 and never knew of the existence of a v.3 ...which happens to have much clearer scans that doesn't hurt my eye. I'm sad for not having found it earlier. D:

Kez
6th May 2006, 6:57 PM
Well, here in the UK we have 1 volume printed, with 18 been released on the 18th of May (this month). I am going to be patient and wait till the volumes are released in the UK before I buy them. I know it could take years, but I do not mind. It is just a shame it takes them so long to print it.

Abraace
6th May 2006, 9:26 PM
Kez, I'm from the UK too, and we've had 10 volumes printed over here. They got taken off the shelves tho, due to Viz not seeing the UK as a good enough place to make sales on One Piece. I got mine from Forbidden Planet(been doing it for about four years now). Yourself?

HarleyScarow
20th May 2006, 4:01 AM
Well sometimes I have to say that One Piece can exaggerate the things that they do, but isn't that what makes it so good? Taking something small and making it unstoppable?

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th May 2006, 1:32 PM
I don't know if Serebii wants you posting scanslations.

I believe we are up to Chapter 100 to be precise.

How come Smoker is called "White Chase" Smoker in SJ, was that in the original?

Kecleon Freak
20th May 2006, 4:44 PM
In the original he was Smoker the "White Hunter".

skiboydoggy
21st May 2006, 1:40 PM
Hmm... In Singapore we have Chinese 41, but I can't get any English volumes anywhere.

Anton
21st May 2006, 2:32 PM
the june issue of shonen jump has one peice going to the grand line and yes they did make it.

silver girl
15th June 2006, 10:07 PM
There are 39 or 40 already in Germany. I have vol. 1 - 32 so far. It's just too funny! I like Zorro best!

SlushIce
27th June 2006, 9:45 PM
in Denmark we are up to 30, but iw only read 13 :P

Ludicolo von Nosepass
27th June 2006, 11:22 PM
In sweden we have to 32 in volumes!

Wild Cherry
5th July 2006, 9:16 AM
Surprisingly, Captain Smoker remains Captain Smoker, cigars and all.

Thats because they changed it in the anime due to the fact that it is a g rated show, like naval guns becoming more like water pistols, these changes did not happen in the manga, it is rated for teens. so ergo having cigars and guns was allowed.

Kingudora
5th July 2006, 1:06 PM
one piece are cool, first i thought it was rubbish
but then i read 2 vol that my friend had (she is girl who just love manga)
well after that i bought the three first books (which is the only i have now)
i want all but im a short in money...

well as l von nosepass said, in sweden we have 32 vol and 33 is on way

fav character: Lolonoa Zoro, he is cool

Wild Cherry
6th July 2006, 12:42 AM
the english vol 12 is coming out for october

Judai-and-sho
8th July 2006, 6:54 PM
Volumes 1-12 have been translated(most of 12 is in jump) but I have read up to volume 43.

MarcelloF
20th July 2006, 8:15 AM
There are 39 or 40 already in Germany. I have vol. 1 - 32 so far. It's just too funny! I like Zorro best!

They have up to 40.(I live in Germany) I have up to 39 because I'm on vacation in America(I think its funny how far behind America is;
I also hate that Dragon ball Manga was divided into DragonBall and
Dragon Ball Z. That sucks)

And its Roronoa Zoro.

Edit: Dark Dragonite can you show me a pic of the guns in the anime? In the German Anime they kept it normal.

Wild Cherry
24th July 2006, 12:03 PM
Sure thing Marcello! If I could find one... Ive also set up a One Piece club (check sig) feel free to join