PDA

View Full Version : Gourry x Lina Discussion

Llybian Minamino
19th April 2006, 5:31 AM
This is a pairing I've been quite fond of ever since I've started watching Slayers. Now, I haven't gotten to see Slayers: Try yet, so I don't have full knowledge of the series, but it is one of my favorites so far.

Lina and Gourry are just too wonderful for words as a couple, in my opinion. They're very cute together. They even have moments together that remind me a bit of Rocketshipping (usually when they're talking about food...)

It seems that most of the coupling fanart I've seen pairs up Lina and Zelgadis. Which I honestly don't get (I just like Zel so much better with Amelia). Lina and Gourry just seem so meant to be, and the pairing is undeniably canon.

...^^; I guess the fan-base doesn't really care much about the canon for the most part though...

So, Gourry x Lina...yay? Nay? Opinions?

Katsu Koneko
19th April 2006, 7:39 AM
I've seen all the episodes except for the first two or three of the first season. I used to watch it on Sundays and Fridays; I especially love the sort of Lina in Wonderland one.

I hope you watch Slayers TRY, it's really good.

Oh!! I can lend you some links to the TRY episodes that are being uploaded by one of my good friends in another Forum.

Lina x Zelgadis?

Ook then. I like Zelgadis with Amelia.

Llybian Minamino
19th April 2006, 3:58 PM
Yeah, I have to agree. It seems a lot of the fans dislike Amelia so they don't like pairing her up with Zelgadis, but I think it's an adorable pairing.

Thanks anyway, but I think Try is something I'd really like to own for myself. I ought to be getting a chance to purchase it soon anyway.

I should make more Gourry x Lina avatars...

Phantom_Bugsy
19th April 2006, 8:42 PM
Naysayer. >__>

I think personally that Lina's way too fiery and violent to be with Gourry. If a male at all, I think Xelloss MAYBE. >__> But I still prefer her with Amelia.

Llybian Minamino
19th April 2006, 8:48 PM
*shrugs* I think Gourry's better at handling Lina. He can take her tantrums and selfishness but still cares about her a whole lot as is evident in the series, and she cares about him.

The end of NEXT was so magical~

Phantom_Bugsy
19th April 2006, 8:56 PM
I will admit, the end of NEXT *was* adorable. :/ Even if I don't like the pairing.

HEY I KNOW YOU. Llybian! :0 Omg. You should know who I am 8D

Llybian Minamino
19th April 2006, 9:00 PM
Yay! ...And of course they had to get amnesia after the whole thing, just to ruin my day.

...Waitaminute! Is that Oos or am I horribly mistaken?

Phantom_Bugsy
19th April 2006, 9:15 PM
I forgot about that part. XD

And I'm afraid you are NOT horribly mistaken 8D It are Ooses. Yep.

Llybian Minamino
19th April 2006, 9:24 PM
^_^ Yay! It's nice to see you again!

The ending to NEXT really did make my day when I saw it. I do love my fluffy canonical shipping moments.

I also like in the first season where Lina's jealous of Selpheal (I think I spelled that wrong...) and doesn't realize it...

"Why are you so mad?"

"I don't really know."

Katsu Koneko
20th April 2006, 6:05 AM
I loved the last episode of NEXT, I think the first time I saw that episode was when the "International Channel" still had Anime at midnight or something like that and they had a marrathon of Slayers that I stayed up to watch.

I also did a book report on the third novel of Slayers..I stuttered on the second to last thing..x.x

It's Syphiel or that's how they spell it in the Anime.