PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been done to death but...

Trooper Guy
20th April 2006, 5:27 PM
IF there's to be a GSC remake there should be:

Add more new areas ; Johto's too short as is.
Johto league & Johto victory road.
Have the olds sprites recoloured, not from r/s/e/fr/lg.
Have a few more Johto pokemon created. i mean, kanto pokemon have their own region, so why not johto pkmn? and rename kanto-influenced places.
Would you agree that Espeon, Porygon2, etc are really johto pokemon? i think they should belong in kanto, Imo
Discuss please.

Lippy D

Strawberry.
20th April 2006, 5:34 PM
I agree with most of what you said, but Kanto is also pretty short. They did however add The Rainbow Islands in the FR/LG remakes.

Trooper Guy
20th April 2006, 5:53 PM
True, but Johto should have a game on its own, but sevii islands are also welcome. Let's face facts: the Kanto in GSC wasn't terrible, but was pretty atrocious in ways.
It did nothing but take johto pkmn (eg, Murkrow, Houndour, Slugma, etc) and take up game space. Call me a loonatic, but i think there shouldn't have been kanto pokemon AT ALL (to make johto's pokemon stand out more).

Aptenodytes
20th April 2006, 6:01 PM
The only reason Kanto was made was to get the rest of the Pokemon. Now that all the Pokemon are availible, there is no need for them to remake Johto.

Strawberry.
20th April 2006, 6:02 PM
It did nothing but take johto pkmn (eg, Murkrow, Houndour, Slugma, etc) and take up game space. Call me a prePOKéMON.

Yeah, but I guess they wanted to find an appropriate (and cheap) way to introduce their new POKéMON (and to keep their old fans by including some of the POKéMON from Kanto as well).

Trooper Guy
20th April 2006, 6:19 PM
The only reason Kanto was made was to get the rest of the Pokemon. Now that all the Pokemon are availible, there is no need for them to remake Johto.

It should be more about the gameplay, not the pokedex imo. Nintendo have a easy oppitunity to make fans happy and make more money, but they're throwing it away to concentrate on D/P (not that that's a bad thing). And for teh win, why make XD if we have all the pokemon? Edited.

Strawberry.
20th April 2006, 7:53 PM
I've always loved that story; one of the reasons why I still think that Crystal is the best entry in the series. I don't remember, is this story in Silver & Gold as well? It's been ages since I last played those game.

emeraldellie
20th April 2006, 8:06 PM
I've always loved that story; one of the reasons why I still think that Crystal is the best entry in the series. I don't remember, is this story in Silver & Gold as well? It's been ages since I last played those game.
They have similar stories, but Crystal's goes more in-depth.

I'd love to see GSC remade. I don't care if there's no new Pokemon that aren't already obtainable in there. All the other Pokemon in XD were already in other versions, but they still made it to give an easier way to get Lugia. Well, in GSC, they could put Celebi (haha, I doubt it) in it, and it'd provide easier access to Ho-oh and Lugia, the Legendary Dogs, Slowpoke (it's a LeafGreen exclusive right now, but they'd have to put it in all three if they remade them because Slowpoke Well is important to the story). They could also fix some of the mistakes of the originals by putting all the 2nd Gen Pokemon in Johto, too, rather than some of them appearing in Kanto. They could also add something like they did with the Sevii Islands and allow new 4th Generation Pokemon to be caught there (that is, assuming that it would be remade after Diamond and Pearl came out). There could even be Pokemon there that wouldn't appear in Diamond and Pearl, which would give people more of a reason to buy the remade GSC.

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
20th April 2006, 9:11 PM
My vote goes for a single Remake of the Metal Genation, Crystal. Stick some stuff in there, Lugia Ho-oh, The GS ball event, other things, Maybe make the Whirl Islands have some stuff, got us a half decent, at least, Remake.

Captain Brain
20th April 2006, 9:17 PM
I just want to be able to use my Pokemon from G/S/C that I spent hundreds of hours on, in the new games. ;025;

Phosphate
20th April 2006, 10:31 PM
What a G/S/C remake needs is a way to get Celebi, such as the GS Ball event. Also, the Dratini with Extremespeed would be nice to have back.

The Benmeister
20th April 2006, 10:48 PM
If there will be a GSC remake, it had better include:

Rematching of trainer/gym leaders
Strengthening of Elite 4
Obtainable Celebi (maybe through some sort of ticket/GS Ball)
Contests!!
Maybe a Battle Tower expansion

Serebii93
21st April 2006, 1:20 AM
If they did do a re-make, they should expand the areas. And maybe even include the Kanto Region again, this time, with the Sevii Islands. They would be awesome. But, personally, I think that the last Pokemon Game ever made will have all the regions, all the Pokemon ever existing, more Pokemon, and every Trainer ever featured.
But hey, I think a re-make would be cool. Just throw everything together and it'll be done.

grounder
21st April 2006, 9:44 PM
If there will be a GSC remake, it had better include:

Rematching of trainer/gym leaders
Strengthening of Elite 4
Obtainable Celebi (maybe through some sort of ticket/GS Ball)
Contests!!
Maybe a Battle Tower expansion
I think they had Battle Tower in Crystal. It would also be good to get the trainers to level up more on their rematches. I spent most of my time building up exp. battling the E4, and it bored me.

I really wish they could be able to de-magnetize my Gold, though. It won't save correctly anymore because I ran a speaker magnet over it. Don't ask why, I don't know myself.

Orion-Sama
22nd April 2006, 12:25 AM
I'd love to see GSC remade. I don't care if there's no new Pokemon that aren't already obtainable in there. All the other Pokemon in XD were already in other versions, but they still made it to give an easier way to get Lugia. Well, in GSC, they could put Celebi (haha, I doubt it) in it, and it'd provide easier access to Ho-oh and Lugia, the Legendary Dogs, Slowpoke (it's a LeafGreen exclusive right now, but they'd have to put it in all three if they remade them because Slowpoke Well is important to the story). They could also fix some of the mistakes of the originals by putting all the 2nd Gen Pokemon in Johto, too, rather than some of them appearing in Kanto. They could also add something like they did with the Sevii Islands and allow new 4th Generation Pokemon to be caught there (that is, assuming that it would be remade after Diamond and Pearl came out). There could even be Pokemon there that wouldn't appear in Diamond and Pearl, which would give people more of a reason to buy the remade GSC.
She's got the right idea. However, XD wasn't just a way to get Lugia. It also was Emerald's ultimate pair, AND all Shadow Pokémon you get obtained new Moves they can't get normally. While most were useless Refresh, some were actually useful and made of XD more than just "Lugia's Disc"...

And unfortunately, Diamond/Pearl will be compatible with 3rd Gen GBA carts, which makes the prospect of a GSC Remake even more unlikely...

But if they feel like wasting money in a product that won't be received well in their main market for the most part, then...

Make the Time and week events well. NOT loosely.
Give Johto its own spotlight. Give it a League of its own and such. NOT Kanto's subordinated anymore... and make it bigger as well.
Extras like new level-up/Breeding/Special Moves (Hi Leech Seed Oddish! Extreme Speed Dratini! How are you?), and a Battle Frontier of sorts... though that's very cliché.
And basically what Chaos Emerald said.

Still, this is unlikely. Very... unfortunately.

EDIT: Ohh yes. INCREASE the level of the Trainers...

emeraldellie
22nd April 2006, 2:02 AM
She's got the right idea. However, XD wasn't just a way to get Lugia. It also was Emerald's ultimate pair, AND all Shadow Pokémon you get obtained new Moves they can't get normally. While most were useless Refresh, some were actually useful and made of XD more than just "Lugia's Disc"...

I know that wasn't the only thing it was good for, that was just the main justification for Nintendo making it. It also had special moves, formerly exclusive Pokemon, and ones that were difficult to catch (Like Chansey and Tauros).

Exclusive moves would also be a very good idea. In FrLg, they added plenty of moves that Pokemon couldn't learn in RS, and some that they could get using the move tutor (For example, if you trade a Kirlia to FrLg and take it to the move tutor and give him the mushrooms, it can learn Magical Leaf, but not as a Gardevoir or in RSE). It would be even better if they planned to remake all three if there were different exclusive moves for each game. They could also bring back the rest of the old TM's like Bubblebeam, Water Gun, and all the others that were gotten rid of. Making more weekly events would be a good idea, and also making the day/night more signifigant.

Yes, raise the trainer levels! In my Crystal when I first started it, it had been so long since I played GSC from the beginning and I thought Falkner was going to be really tough, so I raised all my Pokemon to level 15, and because of that, I ripped through the early game until I got to Whitney, and then I raised a bit more, beat her, and quit playing. Also, the early game is far too easy if you capture an Abra around Goldenrod and give it the three Elemental Punches. If the trainer levels are raised, the wild Pokemon levels should also be raised, because iirc, they were only around 17 by the time you got lo Lake of Rage.

Jester
22nd April 2006, 11:15 AM
i still think they shopuld make a rainbow version or such, which has all pokemon, all areas, all gyms, battle frontier, sevi islands, mt silver...absolutly everything and perhaps a new region, i think that would be awsome, it would huge/long but that would make it great....

also im all 4 a gold/silver remake, i liked it also havin kanto

Bulbatordile
22nd April 2006, 11:38 AM
There should be a G/S remake! It should not be an issue that all pokemon are available elsewhere. The games should be remade and put focus on the story like Crystal did. With of course a few other tweaks.

New areas-to get a mix of old and new.
(Some) Hoenn Pokemon-just to get a mix of usable pokemon!
No restrictive Pokedex-so people can use the pokemon they want from the beginning ! Unlike FR/LG or Emerald.
New Elite Four in a new location (Mt Silver?) -Will and Karen (Koga as well?) should be included though.
Make Celebi actually catchable for the average gamer!
The purpose of the remake could alway be as a way to include Mew, Celebi and Deoxys for fans who can not get them from events. These three could be actually cathcable in the game-Unlike say Kyogre/Groudon to Hoenn there is little tying these three to a particular region and Celebi was originally introduced with G/S.

Mudkip of DVN
22nd April 2006, 3:34 PM
It pains me to type this, but people could go to events for Lugia...

It should, since you obviously don't live in Australia

Trooper Guy
23rd April 2006, 3:21 AM
It should, since you obviously don't live in Australia

Oh, damn, i was thinking about where i live, the LDN, sorry about that. They should just leave them available in game like in GSC, less hassle to get. Btw, said could, you don't have to go.
Off topic:
You don't really Need to attend events people... you could use AR c**es
like me and others, only suggesting (teleport c**es to get to the islands and catch 'em normally, so you tecnically aren't cheating :)).

i still think they shopuld make a rainbow version or such, which has all pokemon, all areas, all gyms, battle frontier, sevi islands, mt silver...absolutly everything and perhaps a new region, i think that would be awsome, it would huge/long but that would make it great....

also im all 4 a gold/silver remake, i liked it also havin kanto

If they do that, then it should keep the GBA graphics and be for Gamecube, imo. And could have 20 new JOHTO pokemon (not kanto-related ones), to download off the official Nintendo website with a new cable made?

Bulbatordile
23rd April 2006, 7:18 PM
If you actually think about it-these three;251; ;151; ;386; (As well as ;385;) would be worth a lot more if the game actually made you work for them-like solving a difficult puzzle or side quest. If you can get to an event/download from a special disc its quite easy-no real work for Jirachi from Channel! The difficulty is actually finding an event!!

Captain Brain
23rd April 2006, 7:24 PM
If you actually think about it-these three;251; ;151; ;386; (As well as ;385;) would be worth a lot more if the game actually made you work for them-like solving a difficult puzzle or side quest. If you can get to an event/download from a special disc its quite easy-no real work for Jirachi from Channel! The difficulty is actually finding an event!!

JAA will help on that front since they do have Pokemon "receiving" stations. ;025;

Bulbatordile
23rd April 2006, 7:29 PM
JAA will help on that front since they do have Pokemon "receiving" stations. ;025;
But if your not Ameican or Japanese for that matter...

Trooper Guy
23rd April 2006, 7:30 PM

And this event helps those outside the USA how? Btw, probs an obvious answer, but what's a Pokemon "receiving" station?

Lippy D