PDA

View Full Version : Lavender town unidentified ghosts

RageofScorpion
21st April 2006, 11:28 PM
Hey I wanted to ask something: How do I catch the unidentified ghost? when I try to throw a ball, the ghost dodge it. People told me to get a sliph scope but with the sliph scope you don't have the ghost anymore, so any opinions?

Vampiric Knight
21st April 2006, 11:31 PM
You need to beat Giovanni in Silph HQ. In Saffron. But first, you need to beat him in the Game Corner in Celadon. It's a chain of events.

RageofScorpion
21st April 2006, 11:33 PM
I want to catch this ghost:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Missingno_ghost.jpg

Not gastly or Haunter or Gengar.

Vampiric Knight
21st April 2006, 11:35 PM
Whoa, it said Missingno. in the text box! o_0 *saves*

You can't catch it. It's a disguise by Gastly or Haunter (even Cubone).

MetalMario
21st April 2006, 11:55 PM
The Lavender Ghosts and Missingno. Ghosts are completely different. (The Missingno. Ghost just points to the same art.) The Lavender Ghosts ARE Gastlies/Haunters/Cubones (yes, even Cubones), only disguised as that generic ghost. There was a glitch by which you could "reveal" what one of these guys was without the Scope (but still be unable to catch them), but I can't remember the details.

The Missingno. Ghost must be caught using the Missingno. Glitch with a specific trainer name. Again, don't ask me.

Nick Mckenzie
22nd April 2006, 12:13 AM
You can also catch a ghost with a Special of 400 and something. I caught my Kabutops fossil with a Special of 410. Then, you can go to the Name Rater and change its name from MISSINGNO. to GHOST if you want.

emeraldellie
22nd April 2006, 12:31 AM
The name you have to have to get it is any name with "y" (must be lowercase) in the 3rd, 5th, or 7th spot in your name. I wouldn't reccomend capturing it, though, because it could mess up your game. If you have more questions, you should post them in the glitch sticky.

Phosphate
22nd April 2006, 12:54 AM
There was a glitch by which you could "reveal" what one of these guys was without the Scope (but still be unable to catch them), but I can't remember the details.
Also, if you want to see what a "Ghost" looks like without the Silph Scope, you simply look at one of your Pokemon's stats and then, when you return to the battle screen, "Ghost" will look like Gastly or whoever it is. But, you will still not be able to capture it, and it will still have the name "Ghost."

The Organizer
22nd April 2006, 1:49 AM
I have a neat little trick about this, you can not catch the gastlys and haunters when there ghosts, but you can when the sliph scphope identitfies them, heres teh trick, you dont even need to go through the team rocket building you can just buy a whole bunch of poke dolls. Then on the marowak ghost use a poke doll and it will run away and you can get past lavender tower without the sliph co!

Prof. 9
22nd April 2006, 11:59 AM
I heard about ghost missingo... if you start your quest with a "y", "x", or "w" in your name (i don't remember) you are able to catch it in the game. Then you have to do the West Lavender Town Mew trick, but instead of that youngster, battle a pokemon with a Special of 128 (or something like that, i don't remember) and then it appears in Route 8... but i are not sure. And if you're lucky and come across that ghost missingno, don't catch it, cuz he's a glitch, and glitches can seriously damage your game. So kids, don't try it out!!

RageofScorpion
22nd April 2006, 1:33 PM
Ok thanks. Once my friend told me he caught one of the ghosts and he said that the ghosts has the most accurate moves in the game. Are you able to catch the ghost in Firered?

Black Marauder
22nd April 2006, 2:18 PM
Your friend was lying:P No, ghosts can't be caught, but ghost-types can be.

Nightcat
22nd April 2006, 3:38 PM
MissingNo. isn't in the advance generation, except as the ? in a circle. Go to the R/S/E or FR/LG glitch thread about that.

Neopolis
22nd April 2006, 3:59 PM
MissingNo. isn't in the advance generation, except as the ? in a circle. Go to the R/S/E or FR/LG glitch thread about that.
There's also the blocky ??'s.

RageofScorpion
22nd April 2006, 4:44 PM
Does anyone know a gameshark code that let you catch the ghost?

SHUCKLE MAN
22nd April 2006, 5:28 PM
I have an Action Replay code which lets you catch the ghost. Not the gameshark one though...

RageofScorpion
22nd April 2006, 7:22 PM
Ok give it to me please :D

Neopolis
22nd April 2006, 10:24 PM
Discussion of codes is forbidden...

TheTurquoiseTauros!
22nd April 2006, 10:25 PM
i dont think you can give codes or cheats on this site?

RageofScorpion
22nd April 2006, 10:30 PM
Sorry, I didn't know.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
22nd April 2006, 10:41 PM
dont worry 'bout it dude

Prof. 9
6th May 2006, 11:23 AM
heeheehee...

RaZoR LeAf
6th May 2006, 12:28 PM
I can SPAM too!

Or I can just close this topic before anymore of you people use it as a personal chat thread, and I have to ban you all.