PDA

View Full Version : Lavender town in crystal

RageofScorpion
23rd April 2006, 12:02 PM
Why did they have to change my favourite city into a happy place? Lavender town had alot of actions with the ghosts etc.

Does anyone know why?

The Organizer
23rd April 2006, 11:08 PM
I think they thought that lavender wasnt a asset to the plot as much as say cerelean so they had to allow you to get a radio card somewhere, so they killed lavender.

Akayfortyseven
23rd April 2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah, its weird, and the ghosts obviously fled, iirc, you can catch haunters in the grass west of lavender town. how the hell did anyone allow the demolition of a graveyard for a radio station anyway?

RushingTwilight
24th April 2006, 12:50 AM
Well, they have the 'Soul House' now, but the graves are probably still in their original spots..

Praetor
24th April 2006, 2:03 AM
thats kinda wierd i think itd be kinda likie this lol:

twilight zone narrator: "imagine if you stepped thru a door and everything you knew once is just the opposite, chairs on the cieling, falling up, a giant obnoxious radio tower being where there was once a giant obnoxious graveyard. thats what is about to happen to ash"
ash walks into the giant obnoxious radio tower
crunch crunch crunch
ash: "whats that sound?"...........

RageofScorpion
24th April 2006, 1:13 PM
What they did is stupid period. There is already a radio tower in Johto.

shauntheiceman
24th April 2006, 2:04 PM
Yeah, its weird, and the ghosts obviously fled, iirc, you can catch haunters in the grass west of lavender town. how the hell did anyone allow the demolition of a graveyard for a radio station anyway?
----------------------------------------------------------
great point^^^^

to be fair i think they should have left up there so we could go ghost/pyschic training there like int he good old days

RageofScorpion
24th April 2006, 2:37 PM
Plus you cant get in the radio tower, the green guard doesn't let you =/.

The Benmeister
24th April 2006, 5:44 PM
Meh, like many places like the Museum, Safari Zone, Cinnabar etc., it was a half assed attempt just so that the game creators could jump a few pegs in the making of the games.

Ninetails
24th April 2006, 7:53 PM
Meh, like many places like the Museum, Safari Zone, Cinnabar etc., it was a half assed attempt just so that the game creators could jump a few pegs in the making of the games.
Well obviously there was a reason behind these changes. Satoshi Tajiri probably felt these locations wouldn't have any use in G/S/C and scrapped them.

Personally I think the plot with the Cinnabar volcano having errupted since R/B/Y was pretty cool. Everyone knew the volcano existed and now everyone has ample reason to respect it. As for Lavender, (this is going to sound like a rhetorical or redundant question) where else could they have placed the Kanto radio tower?

- Ninetails. ;038;

Kana
25th April 2006, 12:43 AM
Plus you cant get in the radio tower, the green guard doesn't let you =/.

Which is really a shame since I really wanted to see what it would look like (even though it would probably look exactly the same as the Johto Radio Tower).

As for Lavender, (this is going to sound like a rhetorical or redundant question) where else could they have placed the Kanto radio tower?

That's true. Celadon and Saffron City are big enough as they are.

Illegible
25th April 2006, 12:59 AM
...or, they just wanted a location for a radio tower simply.

They, if you had to tag a story to it, probaboly tore down the pkmn tower for the radio tower and urbanized Lavender Town a bit more due to it...

Jester
25th April 2006, 4:49 PM
i wish with cinnabar though, it would turn to like a cavey thing, where u could catch different fire pokemon....

yer about the radio tower, the ghost place was pretty boring, plus they got soul house, wish u could go in, tower though

Magma Instinct
25th April 2006, 5:52 PM
Same with Silph Co. It a shame that you cant walk in the building.

To all the game freak designers out there....It was a bad idea to do all the changes.

Serebii93
25th April 2006, 6:28 PM
...or, they just wanted a location for a radio tower simply.

They, if you had to tag a story to it, probaboly tore down the pkmn tower for the radio tower and urbanized Lavender Town a bit more due to it...
Pokemon Tower is still there. It's where all the dead creatures are.
It is a shame that they took out the ghosts, towers, Silph Co. etc. Actually, they took most of Kanto out of the game. I think they should have just used most of the same coding in the games as RBY. They could have just revamped the sprites. That way, I could have my God D***ed Kabutops...

Magma Instinct
25th April 2006, 6:42 PM
I missed Kabutops too. But I guess thats why I have a Gameshark. LOL hahahaha I caught a mewtwo in the wild.