PDA

View Full Version : Eyeshield 21!

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th April 2006, 12:04 AM
Well, I just picked up this Manga a bit back, and I have to say it pwns all other sports manga I have read. It's funny, it helps me understand football (Football is life where I live), and it has characters I can kinda relate too.

Anyone else like this manga. And is their word on the anime in America (Which probably will require editing considering the word "Devil" and guns make frequent appearances)

Lord Cacho
24th April 2006, 1:55 AM
I love this manga. It's personally my favorite sport manga, and my third all around manga. I really love football as it's my favorite sport, and this just so well portrays it. the cast of characters is great, and the personalities of the different teams are great. All in all a great manga. And there is no word on the anime YET, but it will almost certainly get here eventually.

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th April 2006, 9:28 PM
Well, for the anime, I'm worried how edited it will be. You know how uptight people are about the word "Devil".

And the fact that Hiruma carries and uses guns at school might also be edited alot (He never actually seriously hurts people with them though)

HK
24th April 2006, 9:51 PM
I forgot about this series. Personally it is my favorite comedy manga, which I neglected to put in with the 'Superlative Manga Voting' thread, or whatever its called.

Damn good shounen series considering what else is out there today. It has some slightly cliche moments, but otherwise the humor is fresh, the art is decent, the characters are definitely entertaining, and this manga shows how other shounen series should have 'action sequences.'

Hiruma, like so many others, is my favorite character, although I'm never not entertained by the 'Hah!' brothers.

As for the anime, it may be brought over to the U.S. soon, which would certainly be a good thing.

Korobooshi Kojiro
25th April 2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, Hiruma is awesome. The sheer will he has over everybody is hillarious.

I also love the extras in the manga, like the supporting character bios, and the Newspaper

"He outran the cars and then used a ninja technique to divide into three people. He was then able to run down the suspect and catch the money with his own hands."

kykui
26th April 2006, 6:44 AM
Eyeshield 21 is my favorite sports manga and also tops as one of the funniest manga I've ever read. Hilarious and made me like football even more than I already do, so it's obviously one of my most favorites. :]~

The art and plot is also pretty neat, as well as the amazing characters. Hiruma and Kurita never fail to crack me up, one way or another.

GoggleHead
29th April 2006, 1:42 AM
I love Eyeshield 21!! It's the best! It's a manga about Football, what more could you ask for?

squirrel boy
12th May 2006, 8:56 PM
I think it is the best sports manga! and it is very funny!

DreamFiend_633
8th June 2006, 1:28 PM
This is my favourite manga. I'm still debating on who should dub the anime. Definately not 4kids, maybe Funimation?

squirrel boy
30th June 2006, 2:02 PM
This is my favourite manga. I'm still debating on who should dub the anime. Definately not 4kids, maybe Funimation?

CARTOONNETWORK DUH

Fizban
1st July 2006, 7:59 AM
Cartoon Network isn't a dubbing company ^^;

I really enjoy the manga of this series. The best part about a team sports manga is that they can't just focus on one character the entire time. Every match shows growth with each character.

InfinityZero
2nd July 2006, 6:58 AM
Yeah, this is one of the series I'm buying right now. I currently have the 8 Volumes that are out. Does the 9th one come out in August?
And actually, how many volumes are currently out in Japan? I'm pretty sure the next volume(or two) has the consequences of Hiruma and Apollo's bet. And I've really only heard of the Devil Bats taking on three other teams since so...Volume 16 or so?

Hmm, from what I've heard of the anime, there are a number of things switched around and the animations not the best, so I'll stick with the manga.

SnEaSeL21
12th July 2006, 6:31 PM
yeah i got the first volume three months ago and i instantly loved it!!! oh and if you want to see some japanese episodes of it go to youtube.com( lemme warn you, though there's some differences between the manga and anime)

Konosuke
12th July 2006, 6:50 PM
Eyeshield 21 is one of my favorite sports manga and ive read almost every scanlated release thats in order. Hiruma, like other peoples, is my fave char (kekekke, gotta love the way he uses the F-word alot).

Although, i personally dont think its my favorite sports manga.....Hajime no Ippo is. But, E21 is still one of my faves in the genre ^^

Whitewash
13th July 2006, 2:45 AM
Hehehe... Hiruma. Every other word that comes out of his mouth is the f-word. I actually don't enjoy football that much but I know the rules and such, and E21 just makes it look so much better.

The idea actually was a little weird for me. I mean, a "football manga?" Those two words don't usually go together that well... But the characterization is great and it has enough balance between silliness (OK, maybe a lot) and seriousness to make it just plain fun.

Plus, some of the visual gags are just crazy.

majinveggito
5th September 2006, 5:40 PM
This has got to be one of my favorite manga series of all time. And the latest chapter involving the thrilling game against the supposedly invinceable Naga Shinjyryuu, proved just how awesome the series has become now that they've reached the Kantou tourny final 8.

Although, I'm a Seibuu fan, the devil bats latest game floored me. To go up against a monster like Agon and somehow prevail, made my day.

BattleFranky~40
5th September 2006, 9:03 PM
I love ES21, but I would proably consider Hajime no Ippo to be the best sports manga ever.

I love pretty much every character except Agon, who I hate with a passion. Good thing he gets his just desserts.

Aquadon
10th September 2006, 12:17 AM

Duh. I'm awaiting the release of the dub of this daily.

I LOVE this manga. Given I read the SJ USA version of it, but they do a good job (So instad of Hiruma's F-Bombs, I get the word 'damn'. Oh well). I mean, why haven't people started looking at this more?

I even stopped going to my local bookstore after they took it off the shelves. That's how devoted I am.

Roxius
10th September 2006, 11:13 PM
I like the manga alot too! I won all of the current volumes in english (1-9)! It's a great manga!

dash142
11th September 2006, 2:54 AM
Yeah it's a cool manga/anime. I have up to volume 7 of the english manga, but i've seen up to episode 42 of the anime.

mugen33
16th September 2006, 1:12 AM
Eyeshield 21 is one of my favorite sports manga and ive read almost every scanlated release thats in order. Hiruma, like other peoples, is my fave char (kekekke, gotta love the way he uses the F-word alot).

Although, i personally dont think its my favorite sports manga.....Hajime no Ippo is. But, E21 is still one of my faves in the genre ^^

Dude what are you talking about Hiruma has never used the f-word at all, and ive read up to Volume 9.

Anyway yeah i love this manga, Top 5 most definately. Great cast of characters, hilarious, and extras with every volume.

Aquadon
19th September 2006, 1:46 AM
Dude what are you talking about Hiruma has never used the f-word at all, and ive read up to Volume 9.

Anyway yeah i love this manga, Top 5 most definately. Great cast of characters, hilarious, and extras with every volume.

Think about all the times he used the word "Damn". Then think about Viz's editing process.

Yeah, he uses the F-Bomb. A LOT.

IS there anywhere I can get the DVD of this subbed (legally)?

mugen33
19th September 2006, 3:56 AM
Holy crap are you serious? Thats weird. Never thought about that....