PDA

View Full Version : Locked House

Sunkern
24th April 2006, 9:12 PM
Okay, this is something I found a very long time ago, back when the game was fairly new. After completing the game I went searching for codes to get unobtainable pokemon (I didnt know anyone else with a gameboy nearby). I found the float over walls cheat, and found this place.

In the town above the Unown ruins, if you use this code, go downwards east of the upper Unown Ruins entrance and, within a square of trees, there is a house and a sign post. You cant enter the house and from memory, the sign says nothing. Unfortunately I dont have my old gameboy colour to hand at the moment so I cant give exact details but I wanted to contribute this.

Kite.of.Autumn
24th April 2006, 9:42 PM
Okay, this is something I found a very long time ago, back when the game was fairly new. After completing the game I went searching for codes to get unobtainable pokemon (I didnt know anyone else with a gameboy nearby). I found the float over walls cheat, and found this place.

In the town above the Unown ruins, if you use this code, go downwards east of the upper Unown Ruins entrance and, within a square of trees, there is a house and a sign post. You cant enter the house and from memory, the sign says nothing. Unfortunately I dont have my old gameboy colour to hand at the moment so I cant give exact details but I wanted to contribute this.

OMG i remember that! It ticked me off so bad I'm like OMFG open!!! But at the time I was like 11, 12 maybe so I thought Celebi was in it ^_^

XD375
30th April 2006, 7:14 PM
Actually that's the Ruins of Alph. Since they are seperate maps, they made it look like you were seeing the Ruins of Alph.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 7:30 PM
Actually that's the Ruins of Alph. Since they are seperate maps, they made it look like you were seeing the Ruins of Alph.

Nope i use to use gameshark and i encountered it as well, it aint ruins of alpha its some wierd house nintendo forgot to take out.

muckers
30th April 2006, 7:48 PM
Hmm, interesting - I'll crack open Goldmap and see if there's any events or text near it that may hold any clues.

RiverStone
30th April 2006, 8:41 PM
hah! I was so mad at that house i wanted to throw mt GBA out the window... how do you get it open?

Waffles
1st May 2006, 6:00 AM
I see no events listed there. I looks like it's a mere part of Violet City's decor, and nothing more.

muckers
1st May 2006, 10:47 AM
I see no events listed there. I looks like it's a mere part of Violet City's decor, and nothing more.

I couldn't either - seems it was something Nintendo attempted to cover up by tiles you couldn't walk through, got rid of the events (to prevent any possible glitches) but still left the house and sign there.

Agree with you there as well - Just part of Violet City. I don't think it's some secret, mysterious house - it's a nice idea though. ^_^

undisputed_seraphim
1st May 2006, 11:26 AM
Anyone can get a pic or two on this? This is interesting.

muckers
1st May 2006, 12:15 PM
Here you go, just a quick print-screen of the map (http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1923/lockedhouse2ns.png).

I've highlighted the house and signposted - notice the lack of events on the house door, and on the signpost.

So, I'm afraid, it's not locked nor a secret - there's no way to 'open' the door, since it's there for decoration only!

Upon closer inspection, it's supposed to represent this bit (http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5378/roa1qr.png) of the Ruins of Alph, as you walk south of Violet City.

Since you can't access it without going through any doors (and therefore loading an entirely different map and set of events), Nintendo obviously saw no point to putting any events there.

Alphonse Elric
1st May 2006, 12:19 PM
It's merely an Easter Egg (A hidden In-game secret which may serve no real purpose in the main game). You can't go through the tiles, you can't "Open" the door, there may may be nothing inside at all. It's just there, because it's there.

XD375
2nd May 2006, 10:58 PM
Nope i use to use gameshark and i encountered it as well, it aint ruins of alpha its some wierd house nintendo forgot to take out.
That's not what I meant. I used GameShark. They want you to see the Ruins of Alph, showing their distance from Violet, although they're maps are seperate pieces of data, because you need to walk through doors to get there, so if you walk through the forest, you'll just see what you were supposed to see from Violet, and they didn't want to waste space by actually putting the RoA event on the door.

Captain Brain
2nd May 2006, 11:38 PM
On my Silver I can get in. I just complete one of the puzzles. It is pretty easy. Or it could be a glitch caused by use of Gameshark. Or something else. ;025;

Gulzar
7th May 2006, 4:39 AM
Muckers and XD375 are both right. The same thing exists in Kanto with the Saffron City map.
It’s probably just because the maps needed to be separate in order to work properly.
;001;

Manyula
7th May 2006, 8:52 PM
When you complate a puzzle and catch a uknown a proffser takes you inside and gives you an dex add on