PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Decree of Justice

klducks
24th April 2006, 11:58 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/scourge/decree_of_justice.jpg
Decree of Justice - Scourge. Rare
XX2W: Sorcery
Put X 4/4 white Angel creature tokens with flying into play.
Cycling 2W
When you cycle Decree of Justice, you may pay X. If you do, put X 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens into play.

This is really mana heavy. However, I have seen this as a finisher for Heartbeat decks. Not to mention, you could still cycle this for around 6 mana to get 3 soldiers which isn't that bad, along with a card draw. If you have the mana, sure, play this. 85% of the time, you wont get enough 4/4 flyers to make the cost worth it so dont bother.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

Shadow the Hedgehog
25th April 2006, 12:10 AM
My friend thought for every one mana he put into this things he got 2 angels...
That was annoying I just let him do it and still won. :) but still.

Shadow Trainer
25th April 2006, 4:49 AM
A great win condition. This card is good even if you only pay seven or eight mana for it and the cycling is pretty good too. 4/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
28th April 2006, 11:56 AM
One word for this: Token spam. Either way you go, it's token spam. Of course, this is where you abuse Channel, Overabundance and others of the like to get you a heck load of 4/4 fliers, or just plain cycle for a whole stack of White soldiers. Either way, you need token spam for this card to be good.

4/5.

~RaikouRider243~
28th April 2006, 3:45 PM
Of course, this is where you abuse Channel, Overabundance and others of the like...

Vernal Bloom anyone? Makes forests count for double mana. Think of all the 4/4 flyers you have now. It is a nice card but it costs too much. Most of the time you'll cycle it for the soldiers. This works nice with the storage lands though.

3/5

skiboydoggy
30th April 2006, 2:41 PM
Naturally, this rocks to a highly limited extent. For one thing, it costs too much.
So you decided to play around with Channel? You have to risk a sudden Volcanic Hammer into your face.
Not to mention the lack of haste could cost you the game.