PDA

View Full Version : Official Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Questions

JoJo@210
24th April 2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah well there isn't a thread on this so I thought I'd make it. This is just a thread for people who have questions about anything in the game you aren't sure of or don't know.

My question is about Uria Lord Of Searing Flames. His effect lets him destroy a spell or trap card once per turn.

1. Can my opponent activate it during my turn and when can he activate the effect?

2. If yes than how the hell is it destroyed?!

3. Hmm...maybe I could stop it from being summoned, it needs to be summoned by sending three Continous Traps right or is it just any trap as long as it's three?

Raito
24th April 2006, 11:56 PM
It has to be continuous traps

~RaikouRider243~
25th April 2006, 1:43 AM
Personally I think this ruling is bull**** but...

In the middle of a game, I had a level 2 judge come at me. The judge ruled that any traps that are face-up at the time Jinzo hits the field are negated permanently. In my case, I had a Gravity Bind face-up, and I remove Jinzo from the game. Is the Gravity Bind still negated?

JoJo@210
25th April 2006, 2:02 AM
No, because Jinzo has to be on the feild to negae traps and activation of traps. So Gravity Bind would come back in effect after it's removed, I know cause I use two of them in my Stall/Burn deck.

Well, I had my last question answered but what about the first and second one. I'll edit my first post so ya'll can see the three questions I asked.

~RaikouRider243~
25th April 2006, 3:05 AM
1. Can my opponent activate it during my turn and when can he activate the effect?

No. He can only activate it during his own turn.

The Requiem
25th April 2006, 3:48 AM
It has to be continuous traps

ACTUALLY...

The card text says 3 faceup traps, continous ones give him power, but you can use things like Blast With Chain to help summon him faster.

That Jinzo Ruling is ********.
No jinzo, no negation.

Nylf
25th April 2006, 5:56 PM
This annoys me no end.

A friend of mine has Valkyrion The Magna Warrior. And we get in this situation a lot.

1) He Special Summons Valkyrion
2) I activate Bottomless Trap Hole

Now, this is where all the arguments come up. Can he activate Valkyrion's ability and, by Tributing him, Special Summon the three Magnet Warriors?

And if yes, does this negate Bottomless?

Another one:

Valkyrion again, Trap situation again:

1) He attacks with Valkyrion
2) I activate Sakuretsu Armour

And back to old Magna's ability? Same as last time, can he activate it, and does it negate Saku?

It's not a problem, I usually just get fed up and activate Lightning Vortex and tell him to negate that. It's just it's really annoying.

Also, if I Summon Silent Magician LV4 on my first turn, then activate Card Destruction, would I be able to place 5 counters on LV4 as Card Destruction forces my opponent to draw 5 times since, as they have yet to have a turn?

And finally, can I activate Cybernetic Magician on my opponent's turn?

hi 5
26th April 2006, 2:02 AM
About he Silent Magician:Yes it does get counters but card destrustion say as many cards you have discarded not just 5

About Cybernetic Magician:No, only on your turn

Haruka's Swimsuit
26th April 2006, 2:59 AM
About he Silent Magician:Yes it does get counters but card destrustion say as many cards you have discarded not just 5

Silent Magician's effect states that it gets "1 spell counter" when your opponent "draws a card(s)". You only get 1 counter for Hand Destruction (no matter how many cards your opponent draws), since your opponent is drawing those cards all at once.

This annoys me no end.

A friend of mine has Valkyrion The Magna Warrior. And we get in this situation a lot.

Now, this is where all the arguments come up. Can he activate Valkyrion's ability and, by Tributing him, Special Summon the three Magnet Warriors?

Yes. But according to Upperdeck's own YGO website, if your friend does that he's only hurting himself... and I quote:

The opponent can activate "Bottomless Trap Hole" and "Beta the Magnet Warrior" and "Gamma the Magnet Warrior" will be destroyed.

Countering Bottomless with Magnet Valkyrion's effect winds up costing him two monsters instead of one.
As for Sakuretsu, again according to Upperdeck's site:

You can also only use its effect to Special Summon the Magnet Warriors during your Main Phase 1 or 2.

Saku activates during Battle Phase, so Magnet Valkyrion dies.

Clamps
26th April 2006, 3:33 AM
This annoys me no end.

Another one:

Valkyrion again, Trap situation again:

1) He attacks with Valkyrion
2) I activate Sakuretsu Armour

And back to old Magna's ability? Same as last time, can he activate it, and does it negate Saku?

It's not a problem, I usually just get fed up and activate Lightning Vortex and tell him to negate that. It's just it's really annoying.

Also, if I Summon Silent Magician LV4 on my first turn, then activate Card Destruction, would I be able to place 5 counters on LV4 as Card Destruction forces my opponent to draw 5 times since, as they have yet to have a turn?

And finally, can I activate Cybernetic Magician on my opponent's turn?
for ALL the magna warrior questions, no you CANNOT chain a (as the rulebook states) Spell speed 1 (which Valkyrion's effect is) on anything

~RaikouRider243~
26th April 2006, 3:52 AM
It's not a chain. The summoning player has priority to activate the ability before the opponent can respond.

Judai Yuki
28th April 2006, 2:44 AM
Which is why Valky is trash i'll be trading him in for 2$ credit soon ^^

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
7th May 2006, 10:36 AM
is the 'only EU cards' in European tournaments rule still in effect? (by that I mean only cards with 'E' or 'EN' in their set number) Because I have some realy awesome cards, but they are american, so it screws up my whole VWXYZ deck.

Skrusti
7th May 2006, 10:57 AM
No clue, but all the cards I buy here in America say "EN" near their set number o0; So I wouldn't see a problem really...

Also, if you think they wouldn't be allowed, GO to the tournament and ask.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
7th May 2006, 11:05 AM
No clue, but all the cards I buy here in America say "EN" near their set number o0; So I wouldn't see a problem really...

Also, if you think they wouldn't be allowed, GO to the tournament and ask.
well the American and EU cards became the same starting from 'Soul of the Duelist' (EN), but I still have some cards from american sets (without 'E' or 'EN' on their set number), that I want to usse but I don't know if I can in offical tournaments.

Judai Yuki
7th May 2006, 3:46 PM
As long as they are in english,not fake,and not banned you should be able to to use it in a tournament.

CRAZY WACKO DUDE
7th May 2006, 9:27 PM
They do indicate whether or not they are asian english or Western english.

Raito
7th May 2006, 10:53 PM
Unless reprinted, all US cards will from Ancient Sanctuary down will probably have no EN by their set number. That is ok as long as it is in english and is clearly distinguishable that it is not fake.