PDA

View Full Version : Only Starter That Evolves at LV.32!

Megahorn Heracross
25th April 2006, 5:01 AM
Bayleef evolves at lv.32? All starters should be finally evolved at level 36! Strange... Any Idea why Nintendo made it that way??? Same goes with Feraligatr... which evolves at lv.30!!

Comis Patronus
25th April 2006, 5:03 AM
Maybe to make it easier or a change due to fan letters.

emeraldellie
25th April 2006, 5:04 AM
And Ivysaur evolves at 32! So what? They wanted to be different.

Comis Patronus
25th April 2006, 5:05 AM
Maybe some people commented on the levels to much but it doesn't matter since we can get there anyway.

Orion-Sama
25th April 2006, 5:21 AM
Grass Pokémon are suppossedly easier to train, which explains why Bulbasaur and Chikorita reach their max Stage easily.

In GSC, the Starter's Evolutions followed an "extreme" pattern.

Chikorita evolves into Bayleef at Level 16, and into Meganium at Level 32. She's the balanced one.

Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava at Level 14, and evolves into Typhlosion at Level 36. Early First Stage, late Second Stage.

Totodile evolves into Croconaw at Level 18, and evolves into Feraligatr at Level 30. Late First Stage, early Second Stage.

Something that should be repeated IMO... :)

Comis Patronus
25th April 2006, 5:23 AM
Grass Pokémon are suppossedly easier to train, which explains why Bulbasaur and Chikorita reach their max Stage easily.

In GSC, the Starter's Evolutions followed an "extreme" pattern.

Chikorita evolves into Bayleef at Level 16, and into Meganium at Level 32. She's the balanced one.

Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava at Level 14, and evolves into Typhlosion at Level 36. Early First Stage, late Second Stage.

Totodile evolves into Croconaw at Level 18, and evolves into Feraligatr at Level 30. Late First Stage, early Second Stage.

Something that should be repeated IMO... :)

Does the Pokemon that evolve faster become stronger than those that wait? I get confused...

Captain Brain
25th April 2006, 5:23 AM
Another point is that Nintendo likes to be consistent, go figure. ;025;

.TraX.
25th April 2006, 11:41 AM
Explanation: The stronger the evolution the longer you need to wait.

This isn't always true, but 9 times from 10 it is.

Solar boy Nick
25th April 2006, 5:50 PM
Easy,the water starter evolved 1st stage level 18 and last 32 it first time ya gotta wait a lot bot last early,fire(cindaquil)first stage easy last super hard 36.chikorita is really hard even if it evolves at normal well i think its becouse every pokemon has a level of power and advntages

Silent Conversation
28th April 2006, 12:43 AM
they did that because...

Cyndaquil - LV 14
Quilava - LV 36

Chikorita - LV 16
Bayleef - LV 32

Totodile - LV 18
Croconaw - LV 30

As you see above, the starter that evolves the earliest ends up getting its final evolution the latest and the starter that evolves the latest ends up getting the final evolution earliest.

Wyndigo
28th April 2006, 4:32 AM
I just think of it as spending less time with the toga-wearing weirdness that is Croconaw and more time with the amazingness of Quilava.

It's just to add a little diversity into the game, so that when you start over again with a new starter, you can be surprised when it doesn't evolve at the same time as your last one. Oooo! Exciting.

◘Ins0mnIac◘
29th April 2006, 9:16 PM
Chikorita - LV 16
Bayleef - LV 32

Bulbasaur - LV 16
Ivysaur - LV 32

Treeko - LV 16
Grovlye - LV 36????

Grovyle is the one out of line, not Bayleef.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 6:36 PM
Ballef evolves at level 32 because grass pokemon dont need as much training to evolve as other types, so it evolves at level 32

sweet_angel_eevee
3rd May 2006, 1:41 AM
This post has been edited by Altmer to read the following: Please do not smiley spam or use an excessive amount of smileys. To each and everyone who reads this and is contemplating to smiley spam in the future, I sincerely recommend not doing so.

~Altmer

Phosphate
3rd May 2006, 2:39 AM
Well, in G/S/C, they wanted to do something different. Totodile evolved at level 18, Cyndiquil at 14, and Chikorita at 16. But, their evolved forms evolved at different rates. Croconaw eveolved at level 30, Quilava at 36, and Bayleef at 32. So, they differed at levels of evolution.

SHUCKLE MAN
4th May 2006, 8:06 PM
This post has been edited by Altmer to read the following: Please do not smiley spam or use an excessive amount of smileys. To each and everyone who reads this and is contemplating to smiley spam in the future, I sincerely recommend not doing so.

~Altmer

rofl.

Anyways, I am not sure, but everyone's theories seem to makes sense, so I will stick with that.

Aptenodytes
5th May 2006, 5:34 PM
What's so bad about some starter evolving later/sooner? I think it's acually more fun, since you never know when they'll evolve ;).

rotrum
15th May 2006, 3:37 AM
quilava+12 lvl=typhlosion=same as crocanaw to feraligator

bayleaf+16lvl=meganium

so it is hardest to train grass pokemon not easiest