PDA

View Full Version : Non-Pokemon Avatars

Hammer
25th April 2006, 12:42 PM
Hey serebii, quit being a *** and please give normal members non-Pokemon avatars, k?

Thank you. :)

Dark Butterfly
25th April 2006, 1:18 PM
You're gonna be banned

Thank You. :)

POKErUsAm
25th April 2006, 1:24 PM
Why don't you PM him. How stupid can you get, makeing a thread about it.

Serebii
25th April 2006, 1:30 PM
This is a Pokemon forum, not anythin else

POKErUsAm
25th April 2006, 1:34 PM
I'm gonna laugh now to myself.
Only cuz it wasn't a regular mod or someone, but serebii that came.

Prime Wolf
25th April 2006, 3:41 PM
I agrre but you could have said it abit nicer, dont you think?

Anyway, i also think maybe Custom Avatars would be cool, just a suggestion though.

Flakey J
25th April 2006, 3:56 PM
Then, limit mods to use Pokemon avatars too! It's not fair, they can use custom avatars, non-Pokemon related, and you come here saying: ''This is a Pokemon forum, not anything else''

It's unfair

Serebii
25th April 2006, 4:04 PM
They earned that privilege

Custom Avatars are too much of a strain on our bandwidth and will not be utilised ever

Prime Wolf
25th April 2006, 4:06 PM
Then, limit mods to use Pokemon avatars too! It's not fair, they can use custom avatars, non-Pokemon related, and you come here saying: ''This is a Pokemon forum, not anything else''

It's unfair

Too True

Um Serebii i think you can get an Auto resize system, i dont know how V Bulletin works though i only know about IF.

Thriller
25th April 2006, 4:14 PM
And while you are at it, make people like me take non Pokemon stuff out of our sigs. Riiiight.

Its not unfair at all for mods to have custom avatars of whatever they want, and if you kids want to express yourself with non Pokemon stuff, simply put whatever pic it is in your sig.

[Kingdra]
25th April 2006, 4:14 PM
guys if everyone was uploading their own images then it would take up all the space in the forums

Serebii
25th April 2006, 4:16 PM
And dont forget the Profile Pictures

Prime Wolf
25th April 2006, 4:20 PM
Do Avatars slow Forums down? I didnt know that.

Flakey J
25th April 2006, 6:57 PM
I still think it's unfair. :/

Well, the only thing we can do is try our best to become mods and use custom avvies!

Neopolis
25th April 2006, 7:00 PM
Do Avatars slow Forums down? I didnt know that.
Everything slows the forum down. Even this very topic, probably.

MondoTR
25th April 2006, 7:06 PM
Then limit mods to use Pokemon avatars too!
In case you haven't noticed some of us do use Pokemon avys. I have Mondo, Joe has Celebii, Dragonfree has Quilava, and there may be others that I can't remember atm. And though we can choose non-Pokemon avys, most of us are limited to a size of 80x80 or lower. At least the Pokemon avys you guys have aren't limited to that.

Flakey J
25th April 2006, 7:08 PM
But you aren't limited to use only Pokemon Avatars. If you want, you can change your avatar and put a custom avatar whenever you want...

Chris
25th April 2006, 7:27 PM
I still think it's unfair. :/

Well, the only thing we can do is try our best to become mods and use custom avvies!
Right off the bat, I'd say you're not becoming a mod. Why? Because if it's only for the sake of having a custom avatar, you're unfit for the responsibility of being a mod.

Btw, some of us aren't that heavily into Pokemon anymore. So I don't see why those of us who earned the privelages of moderating these boards should be restricted to having Pokemon avatars. Especially since we have to deal with people who whine like you're doing right now.

Obviously members who join this forum already like Pokemon. So there's no need for them to really have custom avatars. Especially when some of you don't even know how to follow the signature rules or how to NOT use a BMP image (especially when they figure that renaming a BMP to JPG would fix things).

Flakey J
25th April 2006, 7:38 PM
Right off the bat, I'd say you're not becoming a mod. Why? Because if it's only for the sake of having a custom avatar, you're unfit for the responsibility of being a mod.

I already know the responsibility of being a mod, and it's not only for the sake of having a custom avatar. Like Serebii said, I'll have to deserve the right to have a CA if I want to use one. So I'll do my best as a member and try to become a mod :)

Thriller
25th April 2006, 7:39 PM
But you aren't limited to use only Pokemon Avatars. If you want, you can change your avatar and put a custom avatar whenever you want...

Why should they be limited to using Pokemon avatars? Like EE said, many of the older members especially are not as into Pokemon as we were before. If I could use a custom avatar I'd probably have William Daniels or Howie Mandel in it because I like St. Elsewhere but... lets not get into that >_>

If we aren't as into Pokemon as we were before, why don't we just leave? Simple, we don't want to leave the people we've gotten to know and there is a little spark of interest left in Pokemon in all of us. I used to always play the TCG and the Game Boy Games and collect tons of Pokemon stuff, now all I do is watch the anime. If you notice most of my posts are done in the anime section. I hardly ever post in the games section and I NEVER post in the TCG section. Should I leave then? No, because I like the anime and I want to discuss it with people.

And you say you know the responsibilities of a mod and you think you should be one? Yeah right. I actually do know what mods have to do and I think I wouldn't make a good mod. And way to contradict yourself 8D

Magma Instinct
25th April 2006, 8:13 PM
This isnt my original account, actually my life at SPPF goes as far back as when Normal members had the right to use custom avatars. But still, it hurts the bandwith, please Serebii or a mod, Please just close this thread, such disgrace to this forum hurts my heart so...

Serebii
25th April 2006, 8:24 PM
Umm...we've never allowed Custom Avatars as far as my memory goes

Swampy
25th April 2006, 8:29 PM
Hey serebii, quit being a *** and please give normal members non-Pokemon avatars, k?

Thank you. :)
If you don't like how Serebii operates his forum, then leave. >_> That goes for all of you that are complaining. Go create your own forum with 800+ members and see how you handle it. At least he gives us profile pictures. =/ You are asking someone that can't control the amount of bandwidth his forum is using to use even more bandwidth. o_O; Tell me how that registers in your book as intelligent.

As for the moderators and their custom pictures, they have every right to have them. They are having to clean up our mistakes; shouldn't they have the right to some lousy 100 x 100 (Or even smaller) picture? Pfft, people need to stop complaining and learn to like what they have.

Originally Posted by ::Wildfire::
800+ members

*8000+
I thought 800 would be an easier number to start with. :P No way in hell would they be able to handle anywhere over 1000.

80x80 or smaller
Is it really only 80 by 80? o.o; Wow. I kind of feel sorry for you guys...

MondoTR
25th April 2006, 8:31 PM
The mod avys I mentioned are custom ones. :p

800+ members*8000+

100 x 100 picture?
80x80 or smaller

:p

Thriller
25th April 2006, 9:02 PM
It isn't even worth it to try to be a mod just for the pleasure of having a custom avatar. 80 x 80 isn't even very big.

killerjaw01
25th April 2006, 9:12 PM
Why on earth is everyone complaining about not having custom avatars? I think the avatars are good, they are of a good quality, derived from the game, the tcg and the anime, so you have plenty of choice, plus they are all the same size so we do not have people with horribly pixelated avatars from size reduction. If you want to use other pictures, stick them in the sig, that is what it's for!

dynamo
25th April 2006, 9:20 PM
yes because terabyte limit does not exist!

Serebii
25th April 2006, 9:25 PM
Shows what you know

Look it up...Bandwidth limits exist, ours is 1.5TB on each server, we regularly go over

POKErUsAm
25th April 2006, 9:25 PM
I can't beleive I left for school, came back, and this still wasn't closed!
If we made our own avi's, then this site probably run really slow and all. Besides, the avitars serebii provides are cool. I had the same one forever.

Moonlight.
25th April 2006, 9:34 PM
We only have Pokemon avatars because Pokemon is the only common interest here. We ALL like Pokemon, so Pokemon avatars would make more sense than, say, Sonic avatars that barely anyone would use (though I would use one).

CyberCubed
25th April 2006, 9:47 PM
Besides, does it really matter? The pics in peoples signatures is more or less the same thing as a custom avatar. The only difference is the picture is below your post instead of above it.

zeppelin
25th April 2006, 10:18 PM
i wouldnt care less if i got a custom avy cos ill just use a mareep anyway

personally mods earned the privledge to get them so they got `em didnt they has evry single meber here earned the privledge to have one?no.
and anyway if we got em the boards would probally be really slow because of the bandwith..well at least i think

PDL
25th April 2006, 10:29 PM
I find avatars and sigs overrated anyway.

it's the posts and contributions to the fourms that are most important, not how fancy you present yourself.

Juputoru
26th April 2006, 1:07 AM
I could understand complaining about not being able to use non-Pokemon avvies if there were only, say, 30 avatars available, but there are over 4000 avatars to choose from. Surely you'll like at least ONE of them. If you desperately need to show what non-Pokemon interests you have, that's what your sig is for.

Although if you REALLY need a custom avvie, I'm sure that Joe could allow a 1x1 custom avatar so that you can show what world what your favorite pixel color is. ;)

Shadow_Fox
28th April 2006, 11:15 PM
I think what some here really need is respect. Or intelligence, whichever seems fitting to you. As Juputoru mentioned, theres thousands of avatars to choose from here. Those alone probably use quite a bit of memory and theyre of good quality and such. Truly no reasson at all for the same people who are tired of the slow forums to be compaining about wanting their own, customizable avatar.

~

Edit- Sorry, just realized that this threads a bit old, did not mean to start this little problem up again.

~

RaZoR LeAf
29th April 2006, 12:07 AM
Not to worry. Anyway, since the obvious answer to this is n, and the thread starter has been banned, this has no real need to be open. Though, technically, Serebii should have closed it when he first replied to it, all the way back up there at post number 4