PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Manga Character [of ANY series]

kykui
26th April 2006, 6:38 AM
I was wondering whether to put this in the anime or manga side of the forums but seeing as I read more manga than watch anime, I decided to put this thread here.

So the question is basically pretty simple- who is your favorite manga character of ALL? So your favorite character can come from any manga title of your choice. (Please include the name of the series your favorite character is from, to cause less confusion)

As for my own answer... it'd have to be Asazuki Kousuke from Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna. Not my favorite series (but it's near the top, of course), but it contains my favorite character. So yeah. :]
He's awesome, evil, hot-tempered, and likes to play with people's minds (smart?). AND he's scared of a tiny, little girl... so I guess he's also funny. XD

Kez
26th April 2006, 8:39 PM
Well, I have not really read that many manga sries, but there are a few that i think are pretty good. I think Luffy from One Piece is a really funny character because some of the things he does and says have no logic to them, and the other characters reactions are classic. I also like Ichigo from Bleach, because some of the things he does are funny, and the way he acts in certain situation, his first meating with Rukia, are really funny IMO.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th April 2006, 12:57 AM
I honestly could not pick one character, but of the manga's I am currently reading, Don Patch of Bo^7 and Kururu from SGT Frog tie for win.

kykui
27th April 2006, 1:47 AM
Well, I have not really read that many manga sries, but there are a few that i think are pretty good. I think Luffy from One Piece is a really funny character because some of the things he does and says have no logic to them, and the other characters reactions are classic. I also like Ichigo from Bleach, because some of the things he does are funny, and the way he acts in certain situation, his first meating with Rukia, are really funny IMO.

Ah, a One Piece fan! I agree with you, Luffy is a hilarious character and his clueless personality just makes people like him even more.

I honestly could not pick one character, but of the manga's I am currently reading, Don Patch of Bo^7 and Kururu from SGT Frog tie for win.

SGT Frog! A manga with frog-like aliens attempting to take over the world is undoubtedly funny. I love Kururu's design (the glasses!). :3

Nintendo Master
27th April 2006, 2:06 AM
@_@ Too... hard.. to.. decide. But, if I have to, it would be Naruto and Sakura tied for now.

Kecleon Freak
27th April 2006, 2:08 AM
Luffy (One Piece) for me. Such a warm, likeable, naive character with unique powers and great moments.

Skiks
27th April 2006, 3:00 AM
Kaito From Hunter X Hunter. Why you ask? Simply. His nen ability was great. I like his mentor like character toward Gon and Killua. Whats sucks is that he sorta "died" too soon. We never got to see the full power of his abilities. Hell We don't even know if he's dead.

Minami Itsuki
27th April 2006, 4:05 AM
Kaito From Hunter X Hunter. Why you ask? Simply. His nen ability was great. I like his mentor like character toward Gon and Killua. Whats sucks is that he sorta "died" too soon. We never got to see the full power of his abilities. Hell We don't even know if he's dead.

;; I know....

Kuroro and Hisoka has always been faves of mine....

Guts is also a fave of mine...And so is Griffith...

;; I can't decide.

But if I have to right now....I'd say.....Roy Mustang is my fave manga character. xDD

Muffin
29th April 2006, 3:49 AM
Krad from D.N. Angel, hands down. I think he makes a very interesting villain.

Bloody Skull
29th April 2006, 6:16 AM
Tsubasa Kurenai from Ranma 1/2, simply because I like cute little male crossdressers who are kind, loving, generous, and devoted to those they're infatuated with. Man, would he make a great boyfriend. I'd go out with him in a second. I also love Buggy the Clown from One Piece. He's a very serious and ruthless villain, yet at the same time quite funny. That and I've always had a fascination with clowns (what? I like clowns).

That Scary Clefairy
29th April 2006, 2:28 PM
;; I know....

Kuroro and Hisoka has always been faves of mine....

Guts is also a fave of mine...And so is Griffith...

;; I can't decide.

But if I have to right now....I'd say.....Roy Mustang is my fave manga character. xDD

How you know about Griffith if you haven't read past volume 1? Did HK send some volumes to you? Well He is great character....don't get too attact to him though....

HK
29th April 2006, 7:27 PM
How you know about Griffith if you haven't read past volume 1? Did HK send some volumes to you? Well He is great character....don't get too attact to him though....

Bingo.

And as far as taking a liking to Griffith, TSC, you have to admit that you don't want to, yet can't help but be awed by him. He's that damn irresistible. ;D

On-topic, what is my favorite manga character? That answer is easy: Guts from Berserk. On the surface he is something of a stereotypical anti-hero early on, and can be surmised to be a cruel, uncaring b*stard. But as you read on, you find out more of the tragedies that shaped him to become the way he has, as well the people that have greatly impacted him and the ones he deeply cares for. He is one of the most deep and sympathetic characters in any series that you can read or watch, and when you finally learn of his past and what his future might be... he is arguably the most tragic character who has the harshest fate out of anyone.

Berserk = d33p lurv

Anyone else interested from my description of Guts... GO TO THE BERSERK THREAD RIGHT NOW. >_>

buster_wolf
29th April 2006, 8:11 PM
Hmmm, probably Kirie from Girls Bravo. I like how she has a soft and tough side to her. That and she's really pretty too.

Fallen Guardian
29th April 2006, 9:08 PM
Asuna for me. She dislikes kid (big lie BTW) and is a bit of a clutz...reminds me just of my own GF except that she's real and not just in a book.

Otherwise I'd have to go with Vash. His personality really makes you think about how things are handled in the world.

HK
30th April 2006, 5:08 AM
Otherwise I'd have to go with Vash. His personality really makes you think about how things are handled in the world.

I always considered him to be what his enemies think of him: a hypocritical idealist. To note, this doesn't mean that I don't like him. In fact, Vash is quite easliy one of my favorite characters in all of manga and anime, and he has a lot of depth beneath that goofy exterior that people tend to associate him with due to the anime.

Although, I think his devotion to his beliefs is sure as hell admirable, as well as to his friends.

Fallen Guardian
30th April 2006, 5:14 AM
I always considered him to be what his enemies think of him: a hypocritical idealist. To note, this doesn't mean that I don't like him. In fact, Vash is quite easliy one of my favorite characters in all of manga and anime, and he has a lot of depth beneath that goofy exterior that people tend to associate him with due to the anime.

Although, I think his devotion to his beliefs is sure as hell admirable, as well as to his friends.
Oh yeah, he is completely different in the Manga by far. His wishes for a Utopia are quite admirable though I'm not sure you could call him a hypocrit (not saying you did) since what happened was completely out of his control. That is of course relying on the fact that I haven't forgotten something that has happened.

I need to see if there is a thread for this, it makes for good discussions.

HK
30th April 2006, 5:31 AM
Oh yeah, he is completely different in the Manga by far. His wishes for a Utopia are quite admirable though I'm not sure you could call him a hypocrit (not saying you did) since what happened was completely out of his control. That is of course relying on the fact that I haven't forgotten something that has happened.

Well, Vash isn't a hypocrite in the normal sense of the word. In order to achieve that utopia of where people can live in harmony with one another and the plants, he must continue to harm others who threaten that possiblity or go against it. For a real life comparison, everything comes at a price, and we have to make contradicting sacrifices so as to get what we want. Sad, but true.

I need to see if there is a thread for this, it makes for good discussions.

Might as well. Trust me, man, I could go on for almost countless posts just talking about Berserk, Trigun/Trigun Maximum, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gungrave, etc.

Minami Itsuki
30th April 2006, 5:59 AM

More specifically he sent me a site to download them. xDD THANKS!

I shall also add Yukishiro Enishi from RK in my list.

Dunno. Maybe it's because he's my DAMN fave villain of all time. =/ He's also awesome. >D

ポケSTAR
1st May 2006, 3:15 PM
My Favorite Character is Nodoka Miyazaki from Negima. She is so incredible cute ^o^! *want to hug her*

Soul:Soul
2nd May 2006, 6:10 AM
Fay D. Florite from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. He is oozing mystery, well motive wise.