PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE do this with the fan fic forum. For the sake of authors. ;-;

Jetx
26th April 2006, 9:25 PM
Okay although I somehow doubt serebii will bother doing anything about this *cough*as he barely ever listens to suggestions*cough*

But it would be really nice if you added a new forum to fan fiction. The problem is, almost NOBODY reads non-pokemon anymore, and little people offer to review it. I believe that it's because they think it'll be about something they don't like, like digimon or something. But what about fics. Fics, not fan fics. Your own totally made up fics that aren't related to anything but your own ideas, seriously, it'll allow reviewers to read our completely original fics, withou fearing somebody'll ask them to read a zelda fic or something. So make it..

Fan fiction - for pokemon fics
the author's cafe - for discussion of fan-fiction
completed fics - meh...
non-pokemon fan fiction - digimon, zelda, whatever...
Fics - Not based on anything.

Catergorising things a bit more will be very helpful for writers who wnat reviewers and reviewers who want to read completely original stuff...

Yami Ryu
26th April 2006, 10:50 PM
Jetx .. um, there are several ways to get reviewers. One; advertise your fic in Authors Cafe. Two; request a reviewer from the list of reviewers, or three, just wait.

It'd be pointless for another sub forum for stories, as fics based on nothing, would be nothing << >>.

You mean original works. But, that would still be a waste of a forum, because how many people here write original non pokemon stories?

Not many.

How many read those?

Fewer still.

It doesn't make sense to make a sub forum that would barely be used.

Mega Trickster
27th April 2006, 12:13 AM
What do you mean barely used? I'd use it all the time. My thoughts are endless.

Just 1 thing though, maybe it should be Orgional (spelling?) Works where people can post poems, and stories they made up basing it on their thoughts or thinking it up.

Yami Ryu
27th April 2006, 12:50 AM
Original dear, if you read my post you'd know that's how it's spelt. And do you see how many people use the other fanfiction subforum, compared to the pkmn one? This is a pokemon forum. There will always be people here Pokemon > other stuff.

If you're wanting readers/reviewers so badly, go try Fanfiction.net and Fictionpress.com/net/whichever, to post fanfics and original works, to get more reviews.

But you have to come to terms that this is a pokemon forum, and not many readers going to a pokemon forum, would be looking for Zelda, Digimon, Sonic, Drakengard, Neopets, Zetapets, etc,etc,etc, based, fanfiction. Or original works.

So it seems pointless to make another subforum.

Fox
27th April 2006, 1:32 AM
I suggested this before, and I've forgotten this until now, and I suppose I'll bring it up for a discussion issue. Instead of having the forums named "Fan Fiction" and "Non-Pokemon Fan Fiction" they could be named "Creative Writing" and "Non-Pokemon Creative Writing"

With that, poetry, original writings, scripts, etc can be put there without confusion. After all, its kind of ambiguous where to put stuff like poems without reading that particular forum.

What do you mean barely used? I'd use it all the time. My thoughts are endless.
Just because you would use it a lot, doesn't mean that anybody else will. We might as well make a forum section for every user here, if that logic applies. Not to be insulting or attacking you. I do understand that there may be/probably are other users who'd like this.

Jetx
28th April 2006, 7:59 PM
Just to comment on some stuff renegade said...

Two; request a reviewer from the list of reviewers,
That was my point, not many of them actually like to read non-pokemon, as they might not understand the fic. :/

It doesn't make sense to make a sub forum that would barely be used.
It would be used much more than completed fics though...

It'd be pointless for another sub forum for stories, as fics based on nothing, would be nothing << >>.
That's not what I meant... When you get a book from the labrary, it's not gonna be about pokemon, or whatever, it's not gonna based on others' ideas... It's just a completely made up fic made entirely from the writer's imagination, not about something others' made up... Not usualy anyway..

This is a pokemon forum. There will always be people here Pokemon > other stuff.
Yeah, they might not want to read about Zelda or whatever, because they might not understand it, or might not like Zelda. But they wouldn't mind having things more categorised so they can read stuff not based around other things. That's like saying "I'm not gonna read this book, it's not about pokemon."

I think the reason the non-pokemon fic section is unpopular, is because people don't realise that there's fics in there that aren't fan-work.

Yami Ryu
28th April 2006, 8:34 PM
Jetx, you failed to read my next line after that. I had tried to crack a joke. Afterwards: You mean original works. But, that would still be a waste of a forum, because how many people here write original non pokemon stories?

I think the reason the non-pokemon fic section is unpopular, is because people don't realise that there's fics in there that aren't fan-work.

And not the fact this is a pokemon forum and not many people come here to read non pokemon fics, be they fan made stories of other series, or dips into original works.

Or you could request the title of the sub forum to be changed then, have it: Non pokemon stories and original works go here.

There. Would that work?

Cause I doubt it would. Not many people are into original things, or into non pkmn works on a pkmn forum. I think you have to understand the facts that NOT EVERYONE wants to read your stories. Why? Because I have had several works here that have recived maybe atm, 2 reviews each. But I don't mind or complain, because I write and post it cause I want too.

It would be used much more than completed fics though...

Why, because they would be un completed fics? Completed fics sub forum was a place to sticky stories. WHY? To prevent bumping and story deletion. So the authors don't have to worry about posting/reposting/etc to keep the story alive, or if it was deleted. Or worry about it being closed cause an idiot bumped the topic up from 15 pages and 7 months ago.

Ledian_X
28th April 2006, 9:50 PM
Hmm...

Mind if I toss my two cents in? Okay, things seem fine as is. We have LOZ fics and other stories that get plenty of attention like mine or anyone elses on the non pokemon fic board. Granted, this would be nice and all. But, Non pokemon fics is fine as is because you can post original stuff in there like I did. What you need to do is ask people to review it and if they like it, they'll come back for more.

We have a reviwers thread in Fanfic for that purpose. While it would be nice that we had such a place but right now let me list the stories that';d go into such a forum for original material that isn't related to LOZ or anything else From page 1 of the Non pokemon forum:

Starbolts: New Beginnings
Twilight Crew: Sins Past, Present and Future
Phoenix Feathers

There's a couple others but still, that wouldn't be enough to move into a new place. I don't think Joe'd go for this idea to be honest because well...he just won't. But, it's up to him. If people want it, fine. If not, that's fine too.

LX