PDA

View Full Version : Crystal final boss

RageofScorpion
27th April 2006, 3:34 PM
when I first reahed Red he didnt say anything, why is that?

And why gary and ash names are red and blue?

Scizor King
27th April 2006, 3:43 PM
1. He isn't supposed to say anything. EVER.

2. Games =/= Anime

Nebula
27th April 2006, 6:49 PM
I think they got their names from the manga. Ash was Red, and Gary was Green. However, Pokémon Green was a Japanese only release, so they changed Gary to Blue.

Illegible
27th April 2006, 8:42 PM
...or Red and Blue versions ><...

I actually was thinking of that first question a few days ago. Here are my thoughts:

Red was champion before Lance took it from him by whatever means. I never saw this until Emerald, but think of R/S->Emerald. Steven in the whole game is--sot of strange overall--stranger. He is trainign at Meteor Falls in shame that Wallace defeated him. my guess is that Red is under that same shame as Steven. The only antithesis to that would be Blue, as he was champion before Red stole it...plus, what would Red say? :p

Saph
27th April 2006, 8:47 PM
I've never faced Red. I have no idea why, it's just the sort of thing i'd like.

Dunsparce
27th April 2006, 9:40 PM
when I first reahed Red he didnt say anything, why is that?

And why gary and ash names are red and blue?

Ash does not exist in the games
Gary does not exist in the games

THey were both based off of characters from Red and Green/Blue.

Red and Blue ARE NOT ASH AND GARY!!!

Like what Scizor Kings said,

Games =/= Anime :/

Magma Instinct
27th April 2006, 10:28 PM
The games are somwhat based of the Manga, say no-no to the Anime. Research is what yall should do

emeraldellie
28th April 2006, 1:42 AM
I thought the manga was based on the games. And the only game that has ever been loosely based on the anime was Yellow version. A game based off an anime based off a game!

Dunsparce
28th April 2006, 1:58 AM
I thought the manga was based on the games.

You are correct.

Those were the first Default names on the list, so that's why GSC uses the names Red and Green/Blue.

THey didn't name them off of the Manga characters.

Comis Patronus
28th April 2006, 2:00 AM
Anyway, Red always comes back to battle right? I don't have GSC anymore...

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
28th April 2006, 2:24 AM
ya, but only for a few more battles.

RageofScorpion
28th April 2006, 10:11 AM
He should have said something like "Red:Who are you?!"
Saying something like: ..............
Is weird.

Bandana
28th April 2006, 10:20 AM
In real life you can't say ..........
You'd have to say, "Dot dot dot dot." etc.
LOL!

Alphonse Elric
28th April 2006, 11:50 AM
The reason why Red is hiding in Mt. Silver is because he is merely, as called in the gaming industry, a cookie. He is a hidden boss, despite the fact that it's easy to spot him. It's also possible that Red is the same as Steven in Emerald, training in Meteor Falls like Red was in Mt. Silver...

And I think the reason why he says nothing is perhaps because Game Freak made a late desicion to add Red to the game as a hidden boss. Quite likely, it was never intended for Red to be in Mt. Silver anyway, but the producers just put him there, and couldn't think of a catchy phrase to give him, thus the, "......."

Now, in Emerald, Steven was intentionally in Meteor Falls, thus the standard phrase, the "Sootopolis Space Center", and the fact that he claimed he was psychic after he lost to you. It was planned and arranged to be that way, unlike the Red thing which I thing was only a split-second decision to make a hidden boss.

I think of the matter as something sort of like the Mew Truck in the earlier games and the Yellow Orb in Lilycove. Perhaps the game designers and programmers originally thought of a use for the said item, but scrapped the idea. In Red's case, however, he may have been only a filler since, hey, Blue was in the game, so why not add Red too?

RageofScorpion
28th April 2006, 3:47 PM
Ok and wasn't steven the champion in Ruby and Sapphire? how come wallace is the champion in emerald?

AJ Flibble
28th April 2006, 5:33 PM
I think they made hit say nothing as the player's character never says anything and Red is based off the RBY player character, and so says nothing.

Alphonse Elric
29th April 2006, 4:36 AM
Ok and wasn't steven the champion in Ruby and Sapphire? how come wallace is the champion in emerald?
Because Wallace beat Steven during the Ruby/Sapphire - Emerald Timeskip, in my opinion.

I think they made hit say nothing as the player's character never says anything and Red is based off the RBY player character, and so says nothing.
Good theory, but I'm still a little bit more convinced on my view of things. :P

Comis Patronus
29th April 2006, 4:39 AM
Is weird.
Clarification: it means a pause....

Naetoru & Stitch
29th April 2006, 5:08 AM
Is weird.

"......" means many things. It can mean he is not saying anything, or that in some parts to make things up like when your charecter on the rare occasion will say somthing, you will see "............................" You can put almost anything you want. I think that's the point of it.

MAJINX24
29th April 2006, 3:22 PM
actually, Red doesnt say anything because like the main character in many RPGs, he didn't ever talk.. people around him would say stuff like 'I can tell ur.. insert emotion' or something along those lines to fill in information about who the character reacts to situations.. Red stayed quiet in RBGY because it was leaving opprotunity for you to imagin ur own style of talking when it comes to the character..

Because Wallace beat Steven during the Ruby/Sapphire - Emerald Timeskip.
and this is completely garbage.. RS and E do NOT happen at different time periods, they are alternate stories to the same situations.. you shouldnt say what you did because people will think its a sequel and its not. they just decided to add more situations around the characters in Hoenn to expand the story more, thats all..

Epona4
30th April 2006, 1:00 AM
the heroes are never supposed to say anything in the games. that's why it's always
it's supposed to be like an RPG were you make your own dialouge to fit what is happening

Fallen Guardian
30th April 2006, 2:10 AM
Well, of course it will be Red (Ash). I just wish that they had made his Pokemon more powerful because it's sad when a lvl 60 pokemon takes out a team of lvl 70+ pokemon without a single item or switch.

OtterPops
30th April 2006, 4:48 AM
I always thought Ash was Misty's "boyfriend" in pokemon G/S/C. I also think Red is just based on the main character of Pokemon Red.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 7:34 PM
If red talked the mystery of his character would be gone.

Denjuu
1st May 2006, 3:23 PM
Red is the final boss?
LOL

Dunsparce
2nd May 2006, 3:06 AM
I always thought Ash was Misty's "boyfriend" in pokemon G/S/C. I also think Red is just based on the main character of Pokemon Red.

What about the guy Misty was dating at the bridge? That destoys all of the pitiful ideas of Pseudo-Pokeshipping for the games. Whichh is good, IMO.

SHUCKLE MAN
4th May 2006, 9:18 PM
Red does not talk because it sounds more mysterious if he does not.

Char1016
4th May 2006, 9:26 PM
Why you say Ash doesn't say anything. He says: ... .... Isn't that enough?

And, Red and Blue are based in the Red and Blue pokemon games, not in anime.

And when Pokemon Red and Blue were released, there was no pokemon anime.

megamanzerodark
5th May 2006, 12:46 AM
If i remember right, he is also in pokemon stadium 2, i think that i remember battling him with my yellow team.

Red does not talk because it sounds more mysterious if he does not.

I agree with SHUCKLE MAN.

Sadib
5th May 2006, 1:23 AM
If Red said anything, it would be "Yes No Yes" That's all the says in the game. In America, the anime was released before the games, and that's why there name choices are Ash and Gary.

~Bent~
5th May 2006, 4:20 PM
For those who haven't noticed, Red's Pokemon are actually based off the Yellow team -- all Pokemon you receive in Yellow (without trades or random encounters, but no legendaries). Red has Pikachu/Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise/Snorlax/Espeon -- in Yellow, you get Pikachu at the beginning, Bulbasaur in Cerulean City, Charmander at Nugget Bridge, Squirtle in Vermilion City, Snorlax northwest/northeast of Fuchsia, and Eevee in Celadon... and Espeon is one of two non-stone choices for evolving Eevee. Plus, Pikachu can't evolve in Yellow, which is why Red doesn't have a Raichu instead.

Aptenodytes
5th May 2006, 6:26 PM
I don't really mind Red doesn't say anything. I mean, do you want a long speech where you have to keep on clicking A before you battle >>.

Sadib
5th May 2006, 7:00 PM
I wish he did say, "Yes No Yes" That would be awesome!