PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to buy Pokemon Green (GB - JAP)

muckers
27th April 2006, 5:26 PM
I'm trying to rebuild my collection of Pokemon games, after selling a lot during the 'Pokemon is so over' period that became the popular opinion at my school.

Though now, much older, I don't really care what others think of my taste in games, and to be honest I really miss the games.

Anyway, cut to the chase - a Japanese version of Pokemon Green (for the GB) was a prized piece of my collection and it's all I'm missing now (apart from yellow, but I can get that easily).

My question is, where can I get Green from? I've tried both the UK eBay for it, and found only fakes claiming to be 'English versions' (when it was a Japan only game. :rolleyes:), and where it got it from originally, Play-Asia, no longer seems to even list the item.

So I'm stuck - does anyone have any suggestions for any import sites that may have this? Ideally I'd want it boxed and complete, since that's how I bought it originally.

Any help appreciated!

(And, of course, if anyone's got a spare Green going...*cough* ;))

EDIT: Right, so I've found a single one on eBay.com - shipping from Japan, genuine, mint condition, boxed with all manuals and leaflets. It starts at a fairly pricey $30 (with shipping to UK being $14) but I don't mind paying that so long as it's the 'going rate' for a Green in that condition.

Still, any other sites/places and suggestions are welcomed because there's no guarantee I'll win. ^_^

Mega Trickster
27th April 2006, 11:05 PM
Ebay are suck.

www.play-asia.com is win.

Play-asia you want, Ebay are bad.

muckers
27th April 2006, 11:38 PM
Ebay are suck.

www.play-asia.com is win.

Play-asia you want, Ebay are bad.

Play-Asia, no longer seems to even list the item.

;)

Thanks, though.

EDIT: Oops, never mind - they do have it. A quick search for Pocket Monsters Green (not Pokemon Green) brought up what I was after. ^^;

Someone
28th April 2006, 1:09 AM
If you can't get a hold of one still I can get one for you , and there's a guy who lives a few houses down from me who has a Japanese Green Version. =o

The Organizer
28th April 2006, 1:31 AM
First post is correct, try here; but why would you want green if you dont speak japenese? Just get a American blue or red. (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-49-en.html)

Mega Trickster
28th April 2006, 2:41 AM
First post is correct, try here; but why would you want green if you dont speak japenese? Just get a American blue or red. (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-49-en.html)

He can do what I did at first and take loads of notes. My notes now collect dust =P

muckers
28th April 2006, 8:25 AM

I'm trying to rebuild my collection of Pokemon games, after selling a lot during the 'Pokemon is so over' period that became the popular opinion at my school.

Anyway, cut to the chase - a Japanese version of Pokemon Green (for the GB) was a prized piece of my collection and it's all I'm missing now

And:

He can do what I did at first and take loads of notes. My notes now collect dust =P

That's what I'm doing at the minute as I play through my Japanese version of Gold - I'm jotting down what Pokemon are in my team, and what their attacks are in English with help of the Serebii.net Pokedex (so when they grow a level and learn/want to learn an attack I'll know what it is).

Eventually, I'm pretty sure I'll recognise the characters for some attacks and Pokemon names so I'll be able to play it good and proper. ^_^

killerjaw01
28th April 2006, 5:34 PM
I got my Green off Ebay, it is Japanese and authentic, look for international sellers. Mine came from someone in Japan, and I think it cost £10 in total, but that was a while ago.

muckers
28th April 2006, 5:56 PM
I got my Green off Ebay, it is Japanese and authentic, look for international sellers. Mine came from someone in Japan, and I think it cost £10 in total, but that was a while ago.

Yes, the price seems to be more now. The seller that I'd found was Japanese, but since I'm buying from Play-Asia, I can get Green AND Red (Japanese) all boxed, mint, brand new etc. for the same price as Green on its own from eBay.

Score.

EDIT: Right, that's Japanese Red and Green ordered and I have eyed up Japanese yellow somewhere. All I need now is a boxed, complete Japanese Blue. Any ideas, peeps/?

killerjaw01
28th April 2006, 7:50 PM
Yes, the price seems to be more now. The seller that I'd found was Japanese, but since I'm buying from Play-Asia, I can get Green AND Red (Japanese) all boxed, mint, brand new etc. for the same price as Green on its own from eBay.

Eh, what can I say, I didn't know where else to get it.

All I need now is a boxed, complete Japanese Blue. Any ideas, peeps/?

I need Blue, but I've never seen one

muckers
28th April 2006, 7:52 PM
I need Blue, but I've never seen one

I've seen a cart only version on eBay, Japanese seller, $18. It's quite expensive for what you get, and I'm very anal about buying retro games - must be boxed and everything unless it can't be helped.

Seems quite hard to find as well, that one. O.o

Mega Trickster
28th April 2006, 11:15 PM
Blue was a limited edtion game so if you find one up for sale it'll be like $200 =X

killerjaw01
29th April 2006, 5:27 PM
Bummer, so we'll be lucky to get one cheap.

muckers
29th April 2006, 5:29 PM
There's a cart-only Blue here (http://cgi.ebay.com/GBA-Gameboy-Pokemon-Pocket-Monsters-Blue-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ8280257650QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem).

'Tis quite a bit, but then it seems to be one of the only ones on eBay... :|

Trooper Guy
30th April 2006, 12:48 AM
I heard that Blue is a TOTALLY different game, just with Red & Blue's sprites. Is this true, as i was thinking of getting it soon, too.

Mega Trickster
30th April 2006, 12:53 AM
I heard that Blue is a TOTALLY different game, just with Red & Blue's sprites. Is this true, as i was thinking of getting it soon, too.

The only differences it has between Red and Blue is that Ditto are in the rock tunnel and Lickitung are in the wild.

Trooper Guy
30th April 2006, 4:05 AM
I thought it had a different unknown dungeoun layout. People on the net say it may as well be a different game (by people i mean that seafoam islands website). Yeah, i know i shouldn't believe everything i read...

muckers
30th April 2006, 10:59 AM
If you're not sure on Pokemon Blue, just download the Japanese ROM from somewhere.

I'm willing to bet it's nowhere near as difficult to find as a ROM, as it is to find the original game.

That way you can have a play and decide whether the money you'll spend will be worth it. (Only fair, since they're quite pricey when they pop up on eBay and other places).

sweet_angel_eevee
12th May 2006, 2:46 AM
pokemon green.....i've never herd of it

Mega Trickster
12th May 2006, 3:00 AM
pokemon green.....i've never herd of it

Pokemon Green was the partner with Pokemon Red that were released in Japan. These were the very first Pokemon games. Theres information on the main site about it.

rockyrules
12th May 2006, 5:36 AM
I just found some Green roms on the internet, jap and a translated english (a little poor, but its funny to read some of it!) And i kinda like it, thinking about getting an original, boxed, brand new pocket mosters green. anyone who ordered it found one brand new? was it worth it, expensive?

killerjaw01
12th May 2006, 4:54 PM
If anyone wants a Green version I may part with mine (can't understand Japanese). Unfortunately it is unboxed.

Mega Trickster
12th May 2006, 11:04 PM
I just found some Green roms on the internet, jap and a translated english (a little poor, but its funny to read some of it!) And i kinda like it, thinking about getting an original, boxed, brand new pocket mosters green. anyone who ordered it found one brand new? was it worth it, expensive?

$23 USA. I'll PM a link.

pharaohguy530
16th May 2006, 1:50 AM
Green is worth it. Even though i don't understand a word they say, I use my "skills of blue version". I just got my starter, and the sprites are so cool. I have one potion and a town map.
I have to figure out pokeballs, and they use a lot of the ... thing in the word banks.