PDA

View Full Version : Island of Lost Souls *Discussion*

Shadowfaith
28th April 2006, 2:52 PM
If you’re having problems or simply want to discuss ideas or possibilities for the RPG, then do so here. You may discuss with me or other members of the RPG or even make sub plots if that is what you wish to do.

But keep all discussion on the RPG, I don’t want any “How are you” talk.

M’kay?

The RPG is up and please take note of any OOC posts that I may write because they are mostly hints for what you need to do/post next.

/Exiled/
28th April 2006, 3:47 PM
Cool the Rpg is up. Thanks for waiting until friday. It gives me time to make lots of posts the first few days.

Shadowfaith
28th April 2006, 3:59 PM
No problem. It was actually better seeing as I had alot of work on my hands. I still do, but its lighter at this point in time. Now I just have exams to worry about and not course work >>;;

/Exiled/
28th April 2006, 4:03 PM
well, if you can study online, then you can jus come back here once in awhile to post.

Shadowfaith
28th April 2006, 4:31 PM
Heh, it's an art exam ^_^

And all of my exams apart from my English are in Welsh and there are very few good sites that have the correct terms for gegraphy and Computing in Welsh.

Well anyways, I will get on line a few times a day to carry on with my RPGing. So there are no real worries XP

/Exiled/
28th April 2006, 4:44 PM
Ok if there will be times where you will be away for a while, i'll try to come up with subplots to keep it going.

Shadows Follower
28th April 2006, 5:39 PM
Just wondering /Exiled/. Will you send me a post about the adventure or shall I stumble on to your idea etc? Just don't want to post wrong.

/Exiled/
28th April 2006, 10:20 PM
well, my character hands a secret note to you and Cacho's chars explaining that we'll meat and plan out escape. I hand cacho's first then yours. I give you and
Cacho notes because were friends and have common goals

Lord Cacho
30th April 2006, 10:53 PM
ok, is everyone going on our raft? Or is there going to be sepperate parties? I'm kinda confused on this.

Shadows Follower
30th April 2006, 10:56 PM
I must admit, It seems strange about seven people on one raft. I always thought it would be two groups and not just one as it seems too big at the start. Also, seems abit strange people juts going up to them, asking and they let them join. I'll go along but still feels abit wrong.

Lord Cacho
30th April 2006, 11:07 PM
well it hasn't all been sorted out yet so there might be some other people who go on another raft. We might have to build a biger raft if this keeps going.

Shadowfaith
30th April 2006, 11:13 PM
It's an RPG, to make things go as planned, there has to be some coincidence. Also the raft will be carrying the ones that have posted. Of course it has to be a big raft to hold us all, but if you want there can bea total of two rafts and we will have to split up into groups. In fact I think it would be better that way, so just go along as if two rafts were built and not one. But we won't be on the raft for too long anway, its a minor part of the adventure.

/Exiled/
30th April 2006, 11:16 PM
Well I thought that me, Lord Cacho's char, Shadow's follower's char and Shadowfaith's char was good for one raft.

Shadowfaith
30th April 2006, 11:25 PM
That's fine by me. It would create some tention seeing as Lord C's char isn't too fond of Saria at this moment for bringing up his parents...think it was his char anyways XD

Okay then, so thats one raft, the rest will take the other raft them, yes?

/Exiled/
30th April 2006, 11:30 PM
Sounds good to me. My char is always trying to prevent fights and keep everyone calm to. So it shall be interesting.

Shadows Follower
30th April 2006, 11:30 PM
Sure ok as long as there's not too many on one raft. My other question is will the rafts split up for awhile?

Shadowfaith
30th April 2006, 11:38 PM
Well I am sure that the tide will have its own mind and seperate us for a while, but as long as our characters are in a group it should be okay. But out main goal is to get to Port Roiyaru. So if we all meet up there then all should be fine.

Both Rafts will be in posession of a map and compass of the seas, so it won't be hard to regroup.

Lord Cacho
30th April 2006, 11:46 PM
ohh yes. About that hate thing about the parents shadowfaith, Kane will find anyone to push the blame on as he feels it's his fault for their death. So there will be lots of conflict with lots of caracters not just yours. Also that sounds like a good idea about the rafts.

Shadowfaith
1st May 2006, 12:00 AM
Heh heh, well least we have one character to create a little drama. But it seems things are sorted with the rafts now. Starting is allways the hardest part, and I didn't expect so many to join XD

Also, when we reach the port, there will be a huge time jump. Just to warn you. But I will go into more detail about that later XP

Lord Cacho
1st May 2006, 12:03 AM
ok thanks for the info. And i always like to add a little drama. Makes things more interesting for the future.

Shadowfaith
1st May 2006, 12:32 AM
Okay, just to get this straight, here are the rafts:

Raft one:
Shadowfaith: Saria
Shadows Follower: Agroth Wiaki
Lord Cacho: Kane Weston
Exiled/: Tony Kayzes

Raft Two:
Deathspector: Samuel Redwood
InnerFlame: Cable Cain Kenya the III and Kayla Carey Kenya
Yorei: Necci
Cipher Admin Lovrina: Amber and Emiley Flamboyant

Now raft one seems to be active enough to carry on. But raft two is a little slow.

Lovrina: Yorei will meet up with your character (if that is alright) and you and your characters will travel together on the second raft if Deathspector and Innerflame do not show up soon, okay?

Shadows Follower
1st May 2006, 12:37 AM
I suggest that while we are out at sea, we get to know each other better. My character only knows Tony and could do with some communication.

Shadowfaith
1st May 2006, 12:39 AM
Yup yup, thats the plan. It will take some time to get to the port. And I'm expecting to spend at least one night at sea before we can skip forward. So it will be the perfect oppertunity for the cahracters to get to know eachother.

/Exiled/
1st May 2006, 12:40 AM
And maybe someone should get hurt so my character can fix them >_>

Lord Cacho
1st May 2006, 12:43 AM
Ok then Character camunication. Sounds like a good idea. My guy's an extreme recluse so that could help. I guess if you really wanted to fix some people, Saria and I could get in a fight, or some one could get attacked by a thing in the ocean. Lots of choices.

/Exiled/
1st May 2006, 12:46 AM
nah, my char will help someone if they just happen to get injured. But this is getting good ^_^

Shadowfaith
1st May 2006, 11:51 PM
The reason I was thinking of the time jump was because I can't really see our characters, 13 and onward battling sea monsters and such o.o

Shadows Follower
1st May 2006, 11:55 PM
True but we could go for a more quicker way like /Exiled/ idea or we come across a fortune somewhere at the Port. Competition, reward, steal - the possibilities are endless! (to some extent)

Lord Cacho
2nd May 2006, 12:30 AM
All though i don't really like the idea of a time jump, I do think it's our best bet. Three thirteen year old stealing a boat from 20 people does seem a little farfeched. I'm going to go with Shadowfaith on this one and say we do a time jump. Ohh and just because we get older doesn't mean we change how we feel or our personalities. We're just older and wiser.

Shadowfaith
2nd May 2006, 5:08 PM
It won't take long. It's an instant jump. So basically once we arive and find a job or something or other, two or three years pass just like that. If you get what I mean XP

Shadows Follower
2nd May 2006, 5:37 PM
I'm still not sure but if thats what everyone else wants then I'll just go along. I will say though that the age level is actually more around 16 and 18. The only one who is really young is Cable. Which reminds me, did he put another sign up up for another char cause I really think if he wants to add his sister he should put a sign up for her.

Shadowfaith
2nd May 2006, 8:24 PM
It's still a little far fetched to think that such young teens can cope with battling monsters and sych. I was never really a fan of anyone younger than the age of 17(18?) battling in an RPG. Why is it that you don't like the idea of a time jump?

But if you are not happy with it then I will accept Exiles plan, because I don't like members of my RPG's not liking my ideas, because an RPG is suppose to be something that everyone agrees with. I may be the games master, but the RPG revolves around everyone, I'm just the one that plans the course of action roughly. Though I must be honest, I don't like my RPG's being controlled by other people either...

So I suppose a vote is in order?

Shadows Follower
2nd May 2006, 8:51 PM
Nah its ok. I have an idea what my char has been doing for a few years anyway. But I would tell the ones who are on the second raft about this incase they haven't been reading this.

Shadowfaith
2nd May 2006, 8:57 PM
Okay then, but like Lord C said, just because we grow older does not mean that we have changed in personality (not much anyways), your cahracter will keep their personality's, but change a little bit in appearance.

InnerFlame
2nd May 2006, 11:57 PM
Which reminds me, did he put another sign up up for another char cause I really think if he wants to add his sister he should put a sign up for her.

Yes I put up another sign-up right when the RPG started and I'm a girl. I'm just praticing using male characters just to get a feel of it.

/Exiled/
3rd May 2006, 12:02 AM
How about we skip ahead like 8 months our a year, But then were forced out of the island for some reason.

Well I just thought it would be cool to lead a sneak attack on a pirate ship and then steal it.

Just a small scout ship with 6-10 people on it though.

Lord Cacho
3rd May 2006, 12:11 AM
We can still lead a sneak attack on an island Exiled. We'd just be older then our current forms. I really don't care, but i am shooting more toward the 3 or so years at the port. So if were voting, put me up for that option.

/Exiled/
3rd May 2006, 12:18 AM
Ok, 3 years would make me 21, so thats ok. But in this game is everyone equally powerful? Like would a 15 year old be as good at combat as a 20 year old? Like that.

Shadows Follower
3rd May 2006, 4:05 PM
I guess it would really depend who the person is. A 20 year old might not be as skilled as a 16 year old as they haven't had as much training. Just cause there younger doesn't mean there better and vice versa in different events.

Back to topic, I'll just go with the skipping idea as I already have an idea of what my char could have been doing but lets have the whole sneak attack thing going on somewhere (sounds cool)

Finally Admin Cipher Lovrina, if your reading this: FRANCE DOES NOT EXIST. The place isn't real in the world Shadowfaith created as this isn't the real world. I would change that if I were you.

Shadowfaith
3rd May 2006, 5:26 PM
Okay then, three year skip. And thats fine by me with the sneak attack. I don't know, something could allways be stolen from us and we have to lead a sneek attack to get it back. There are many options there.

As for the whole, equal strength, then it depends on who that person is. Though older people would ahve more common sense and knowledge, they could be equal in skill, but not strength.

/Exiled/
5th May 2006, 1:14 PM
bleh skill is what I meant. Not muscle. Sorry about that.

Cenodoxus
8th May 2006, 1:38 AM
Hmm...I think I´m a bit late in this conversation. ^^;; In anycase, regarding the time jump thing, I guess I can live with that. I´m actually used to young characters fighting gigantic monsters and whatnot, as it´s not that rare, but if you wanna go forward a few years that´s fine by me.