PDA

View Full Version : Colour sheets in manga

Kez
28th April 2006, 9:50 PM
I remember reading that in some manga there are colour sheets, Kind of like little posters. Is it in japanese manga, and is it in every volume published, or just some special ones? I was wondering, if i bought a volume of a manga from japan, would they have a colour sheet in it?

Oh, and incase you are wondering what i mean by colour sheets, I mean drawings that are printed in colour.

That Scary Clefairy
28th April 2006, 10:27 PM
I remember reading that in some manga there are colour sheets, Kind of like little posters. Is it in japanese manga, and is it in every volume published, or just some special ones? I was wondering, if i bought a volume of a manga from japan, would they have a colour sheet in it?

Oh, and incase you are wondering what i mean by colour sheets, I mean drawings that are printed in colour.

yes usually the Japanese ones have those in mostly the beginging of every other chapter or so. Us has the same chapter as the Japanese but since they are producing it in english, its usually turns out in black and white.

If you notice in some of the chapter covers, they are highly detailed and toned well. Those are the orignally color chapters sheets. Some of the american verison have them in like many of ADV's manga titles, Tenjoh Tenge.....[shutters....stupid CMX] and so forth. Many of Viz' though don't have them.

Kez
29th April 2006, 4:51 PM
Thanks for clearing this up for me. It is just that i was looking through the 'Color Walk 1' book for one piece and i noticed that a lot of the pictures in there were in volume 1 of the manga.

Is this in every volume of the manga printed? I mean the colour sheets.