PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Silhana Ledgewalker

klducks
28th April 2006, 11:34 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/guildpact/silhana_ledgewalker.jpg
Silhana Ledgewalker - Guildpact. Common
1G: Creature - Elf Rogue
Silhana Ledgewalker can't be blocked except by creatures with flying.
Silhana Ledgewalker can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.
Street folk call them "spire mice," but behind the mockery is an unspoken envy of the ledgealkers' skill at avoiding harm.
1/1

2 for a 1/1 that can't be targeted and can only be blocked by flyers. a GREAT card in all formats (except for maybe pre-dissension since there are fatter cards to play on turn 2 like Watchwolf). in Mono Green, this guy is just asking to be blanchwooded. or, in multi colored, equipped with boosts.

Either way, 1 damage each turn and without it getting shocked/terrored/mortified/the list goes on, its just great

The Duck's Rating: 3/5

Shadow Trainer
28th April 2006, 11:39 PM
A good card in the early game, but really needs to be cloaked or something to be good later on. 3/5

~RaikouRider243~
29th April 2006, 3:06 AM
I want to build a deck around this card, Dimir Infiltrator, and Equipments. 2.5/5

skiboydoggy
30th April 2006, 2:38 PM
The best part is that it can be affected by your own spells and abilities, which means you can Giant Growth-ify it to Doomsday!
But it's just asking for trouble against Blue I guess...

Sika
1st May 2006, 9:48 AM
Good creature for 1G. klducks summed it up pretty well, but it is nothing of another world.

3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd May 2006, 1:10 PM
Oh, this card is familiar. Too familiar. How many times have I played against this? I wonder.......

This card is SO abuseable. It gets pseudo-flying without the hassle of the ability, and early-game, who the heck has a flyer out? Man.

Combine it with a blocker strategy, and this card owns already. Put in four copies, and your opponent gets angry. Put it in a mono-green deck with Traproot Kami, and your opponent is really fuming. Put it with all that and a back-up strategy that involves overrun, and you'll end up like me with my friend's deck: ARGH!!!

A little warning. This is the bane of non-flyer decks. >_<

4/5

skiboydoggy
5th May 2006, 1:48 PM
I prefer the Infiltrator in general though, but perhaps one prefers that it is an elf over a spirit, and that your friends likes playing Volcanic Hammers?

Felix Feral Fezirix
5th May 2006, 2:41 PM
It's just marginally more p*ssing. No Fetters, no Hammer, no nothing. You have to block it.

Luckily it's 1/1.

Gawd, now I have 3 creatures that can block flying. Hmm......