PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Masako the Humorless

klducks
29th April 2006, 5:24 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/chk/masako_the_humorless.jpg
Masako the Humorless - Champions of Kamigawa
2W: Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
You may play Masako the Humorless any time you could play an instant.
Tapped creatures you control may block as though they were untapped.
Konda's servants dared not neglect their duties for a moment under Masako's icy gaze, knowing that what she saw, Lord Konda would hear.
2/1

This card TRIES to be useful. Sure it can do a combat trick for a turn, but even then, this card isn't useful enough to play. This basically gives a wanna be vigilance which isn't worth much...

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

Shadow Trainer
30th April 2006, 5:00 AM
The ability to just drop it on the field during combat is nice and the pseudo vigilance can be useful. 2/5

skiboydoggy
30th April 2006, 2:36 PM
Hmm... But it could be more than pseudo-vigilance, in that it can work with Tap abilities as well, and the really gay Sandsower, so I guess it's not too bad, but Oathsword Giant is slightly better in its ability.

Sika
1st May 2006, 9:46 AM
The abilities are not worthy the cost. Nuff' said.

2/5

~RaikouRider243~
1st May 2006, 5:01 PM
All this allows you to do is do a combat trick for one turn, really. I'd rather play Vigilance, and even that card isn't worth it to me. If it was an enchantment that cost 2 and couldn't be played as an instant, then it would be worth playing.

1.5/5. Vigilance is a 2/5 in my book. It's nice on creatures, but I don't want to waste mana and deck space just to give my creatures vigilance.

Starmie
1st May 2006, 5:14 PM
This card is useful for maybe one try, being 2/1 it's way too easy to kill.

1/5

skiboydoggy
3rd May 2006, 6:38 AM
Oathsworn Giant...
-Snuggles-
Anyway, meh... Not great, and one ping owns it, so not much use actually.

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd May 2006, 1:04 PM
A card that screams in the nick of time.

Your opponent is going to whack you, you play this, and watch him/her scream in agony.

As I said, it's only useful for one turn, so you'll like it in your hand. >_<

Not very useful, but Selesnya decks with extra space might wanna fill the blank up with this.

2/5.