View Full Version : The Official "What's This Ship Called?" Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

loyalshishifan
2nd February 2004, 9:33 PM
With James/Ash? I've read some fics about it. :222:

Shutterfly
2nd February 2004, 9:42 PM
No idea what it could be.

What there a name for it,or are you the first?

Maybe you should Ask Alfonso about this,he's a walking shipping-dictionary! ^^;

loyalshishifan
2nd February 2004, 10:09 PM
Alfonso? Who is he and could you direct me to him? Thanks.:)

Kalle Demos
2nd February 2004, 10:15 PM
Just search for him in the Members List. Or he'll come here eventually. Like Field of Dreams, you know? :D "If you ask it... he will come!"

And who knows? Maybe this can become a sticky for anyone who wants to know the name of a particular ship. (Wishful thinking...)

loyalshishifan
2nd February 2004, 10:20 PM
Ok, we can make this a sticky spot for ship questions. That's always useful.

toohyper88
2nd February 2004, 10:30 PM
Cluelessshipping? Since ash and James are clueless most of the times and acts dumb...

loyalshishifan
2nd February 2004, 10:46 PM
Ok, so if anyone has a question about the name of a ship or wants to suggest a new one you can post it here. Others may have the answers for you or good suggestions.

Alfonso
3rd February 2004, 10:49 AM
No idea what it could be.

What there a name for it,or are you the first?

Maybe you should Ask Alfonso about this,he's a walking shipping-dictionary! ^^;

*flicks hair*

The mighty shipping master has come to answer your shipping needs and questions! Anyway, like I said to Loyalshishishipper in reply to his PM, James x Ash is Naiveshipping. And for once, I wasn't the one who thought it up... I remember reading it on some big shipping list. n.n

Oh, and Jessie x Ash is Redshipping. Yes, I know, nobody asked. But I thought I'd pop it in anyway. :O

Shutterfly
3rd February 2004, 10:53 AM
*bows for the Almighty Shipping Master *

Thanks! Now I remember it also!

Jessie and Ash? that kind of scares me o_O;

Not what you can call: A cute couple..eh!

Crystal Latios
3rd February 2004, 11:01 AM
James and Ash? A shipping. Wow! I didn`t know that. Its a really sweet
shipping. I would like to read FanFic about it too.
Ash`s and James`s friendship must be great XD

Shutterfly
3rd February 2004, 11:05 AM
*Pokes Golden Mew*

Do you also think it will have more chance then Pokeshipping? ^^;

It could be cute,but then Again,how can 2 clueless people like Ash and James fall for each other.. That's so...clueless ^_^

loyalshishifan
3rd February 2004, 7:01 PM
What better two people then Ash and James since they'd NEVER expect it. Makes it that much better when it's realized.:)

Murgatroyd
4th February 2004, 12:16 AM
And who knows? Maybe this can become a sticky for anyone who wants to know the name of a particular ship.
Sounds like a very good idea to me. I would prefer that it be limited to serious questions, rather than becoming a pit full of insane pairings and names for them like the old "(In)Complete List" threads.

XFlare
4th February 2004, 12:18 AM
Richie and May? Is it Advancecloneshipping? I have no idea...

Kiori
4th February 2004, 3:03 AM
How about Gary/May pairing? I just heard of that. Does that have a shippy name?

loyalshishifan
4th February 2004, 3:49 AM
http://www.auroramoon.com/pallet/ships.html

This is the most complete shipper listing I've EVER seen! You'll love it for sure.:)

Kiori
4th February 2004, 5:45 AM
It's not complete though. They don't have Hoennshipping for one, and Imageshipping, to least a couple. And I guess when they mention Ash/May, they meant Gary's sister May. Not May "Haruka" May in the AG episode. And I also think that the site is pretty old.

Alfonso
4th February 2004, 3:40 PM
Richie and May? Is it Advancecloneshipping? I have no idea...

Ritchie x May... *thinks* If I recall, the name of Marishipping for Ritchie x May on another Poke board ages ago... it's the combanation of the 'Ma' from May and the 'Ri' from Ritchie. Also, can you spot the relationship pun I slipped into it? n.n;

However, Advancedcloneshipping is a pretty good name. Both Ritchie and May are often viewed as 'clones' of other characters, although more so to Ritchie than May.

loyalshishifan
4th February 2004, 4:30 PM
It's not complete though. They don't have Hoennshipping for one, and Imageshipping, to least a couple. And I guess when they mention Ash/May, they meant Gary's sister May. Not May "Haruka" May in the AG episode. And I also think that the site is pretty old.

Yeah, but it's the best one I've found so far. We really need to make an up to date list of EVERY shipping out there. :175:

Pokemon Neo
4th February 2004, 8:12 PM
What about Tracey/Domino? I've always wondered what the name of that ship is.

Ketsuban
6th February 2004, 6:33 PM
There IS a list... or WAS... but Archy hasn't updated it in months... --;;

Geodude
7th February 2004, 7:30 AM
It's just as well. Most of the ships on that list were nothing more than purely random pairings.

jigglyskitt
7th February 2004, 8:49 AM
*bows for the Almighty Shipping Master *

Thanks! Now I remember it also!

Jessie and Ash? that kind of scares me o_O;

Not what you can call: A cute couple..eh!

You think that's creepy, but not Ash and James? 0.o Do you have issues? lol J/K. Okay, what about torchic+pikachu shipping (I think I made it up and it is called avanced pocketshipping if I did.)

Ororo Munroe
7th February 2004, 1:44 PM
You think that's creepy, but not Ash and James? 0.o Do you have issues? lol J/K. Okay, what about torchic+pikachu shipping (I think I made it up and it is called avanced pocketshipping if I did.)
Nice name but I like kawaiishipping (Pikachu/Togepi). Ash and James would be funny. I don't know why, it just would be.

AceJay9712
7th February 2004, 5:10 PM
uh whats may and max called?....

Ketsuban
7th February 2004, 5:39 PM
May/Max is IncestShipping, I think. (That might be Gary/the other May, though...) If it's not, then how about... Ionno... HoennShipping. *shrugs* Unless that's taken.

Geodude
7th February 2004, 8:44 PM
Somebody gave HoennShipping to Brendan and May.

Kiori
7th February 2004, 11:53 PM
Can I name Pikachu/Eevee coupling a Palletpokeshipping? I don't know what to call that if somebody said I can't. If I can't can somebody give it a name? I love that shippping!! It's so cute!

The thing that scares me is Jessie and Ash coupling rather than James/Ash, since I'm more okay towards James/Ash, since I have a friend that likes a guy/guy coupling. I'm still shruddering at the thought of Jessie/Ash. I can't explain it. It's just too weird.

Geodude
8th February 2004, 1:36 AM
How about RevivalShipping for Pikachu/Eevee, since that battle was in "The Rivalry Revival"?

Vulpixi_Misa
8th February 2004, 4:52 AM
Um.. is there a name for Jackson+Macy(Jun'ichi+Moe) shipping? I call it Silvershipping, you know, Silver Conference/Convention. But after thinking again, I thought that would be a good name for Harrison+Ash(Hazuki+Satoshi). I also think that Silverrivalshipping would be a good name for Junichi+Moe, but I thought again, and I think it suits Hazuki+Shigeru.. Or something like that... Okay everybody stop staring at me now...

Um.. Does anyone have a name for Torchic+Treeko? I think it's kinda kute after Treeko saved Torchic in the Seviper eppie.

Incest or however you spell it means a romantic relationship between siblings. So any sibling relationship would be considered incest. May and Max shipping would probably be.. um.. Petablburgshipping? Since they both came from Petalburg? Or Hoennincestshipping or something like that..

Geodude
8th February 2004, 4:59 AM
Incest = gross. Why are people even talking about it?

Treecko + Torchic = StarterShipping? Cute ship idea IMO. :)

Is there a name for Ash/Macey?

Vulpixi_Misa
8th February 2004, 5:19 AM
Is there a name for Ash/Macey?

Um.. *thinks* Maybe something about Macy slipping and falling, then Ash catching her? Kinda like Jun'ichi+Marina which is Backshipping. She landed on his back. So... Macy was falling.. Ash catches her... Hm... *thinks some more*

Geodude
8th February 2004, 5:38 AM
Actually that's one that I'd call SilverShipping since it was the only ship that has any real evidence that happened during the Silver Conference.

Kiori
8th February 2004, 6:26 AM
What about Harrison and Misty shipping? I kind of like Harrison and Misty together, just incase Misty doesn't get Ash. Does anybody have a name for Harrison/Misty couple?

Senator Kiwi
8th February 2004, 6:43 AM
My friend told me about an Ash/Jasmine ship once. I've also heard about Brock/Koga's sister

Kiori
8th February 2004, 6:47 AM
You mean Aya? I like Brock and Aya coupling too! Anybody have the shippy name for Brock and Aya? Almost forgot! Is there a shippy name for Ritchie/Melody and Duplica/Todd?

Geodude
8th February 2004, 7:01 AM
Todd/Duplica is one of the more talked about "never-met" shippings, called CopyShipping, I believe.

Kalle Demos
8th February 2004, 7:05 PM
As a couple (or no one?) of people may know, after All in a Day's Wurmple, I've been thinking about the May/Forrest ship a while. How about the name Doubleshipping for it (unless it's taken?) Based on Forrest being Forrester's twin brother, and the fact that he and May used the double battle system against TR.

Senator Kiwi
8th February 2004, 7:08 PM
I was wondering if their was a name for Gary/Flannery. I like Firedog Shipping, because of Gary's Arcanine. Also Ash/Jasmine could be Mineralshipping, if that's not taken.

Geodude
8th February 2004, 7:15 PM
As a couple (or no one?) of people may know, after All in a Day's Wurmple, I've been thinking about the May/Forrest ship a while. How about the name Doubleshipping for it (unless it's taken?) Based on Forrest being Forrester's twin brother, and the fact that he and May used the double battle system against TR.

I actually called that BugShipping since Forrest has a Heracross and he helped May catch Wurmple.

Ketsuban
8th February 2004, 7:18 PM
Incest = gross. Why are people even talking about it?

Not to start a debate or anything since this is basically a PG-rated board, but everyone has different opinions. Anyway, the reason people were talking about it is that AceJay asked what Max/May was called.

And if Macy is Moe's dub name, then I think Ash/Macy is called "FireShipping."

Geodude
8th February 2004, 7:34 PM
Is it really FireShipping? That doesn't sound specific enough IMO, since people might confuse it with Ash/Flannery...although that is called HeatShipping...

Vulpixi_Misa
8th February 2004, 10:51 PM
After thinking for a while, I decided that Ash+Macy coupling would be Macargoshipping. Macy did say that her Macargo would remind her of what they shared together.. Or something like that..

Ketsuban
9th February 2004, 3:01 PM
Is it really FireShipping?

Or FlameShipping... I remember back when Moe appeared in Japan and English-speaking shippers were going nuts. I'm almost positive a ship was named for Ash/Moe.

Gilly
10th February 2004, 3:01 AM
What is Shinobu and brawly shipping?
I was looking at the episode pictures and Shinobu seems to like brawly ^^
Please and thank you.

Ketsuban
11th February 2004, 8:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that's 'BattleShipping.'

Fidgety Raichu
11th February 2004, 9:46 PM
The only ship that pops into my head at the moment might be a little outdated, but maybe during the course of the series their paths will cross again:

Meowth x Meowzie

I guess this would be called Nekoshipping. x.o;

Kiori
11th February 2004, 11:25 PM
I got another couple that I need the shipping name of. I've read a lot of stories, and some of them involved Cyndaquil and Chikorita coupling. Does anybody know the name of the shipping? I like Cyndaquil and Chikorita together! It's just sooo adorable! ^^;

MS
11th February 2004, 11:39 PM
I'm just wondering...what is Brock/Flannery?

Shutterfly
12th February 2004, 8:30 AM
The only ship that pops into my head at the moment might be a little outdated, but maybe during the course of the series their paths will cross again:

Meowth x Meowzie

I guess this would be called Nekoshipping. x.o;

That is indeed the name for that ship.

I have searched almost everywhere,but I can't find Chikorita X Cyndaquil.

almost forgot this one

I'm just wondering...what is Brock/Flannery?

I am pretty sure that that was called:HotrockShipping.

Alfonso
12th February 2004, 3:22 PM
That is indeed the name for that ship.

I have searched almost everywhere,but I can't find Chikorita X Cyndaquil.

almost forgot this one

I am pretty sure that that was called:HotrockShipping.

Thought up by Pokemon Fan, no less.

Cyndaquil x Chikorita? I'm guessing the reason you didn't find one CL, is because it hasn't got a name yet. (with most people pairing Chika with Pikachu and Ash and such)

Kiori
12th February 2004, 11:28 PM
Then, can I call it... uh.... Can someone come up with the name for Chikorita x Cyndaquil shipping? I can't come up with one. I'd love to name it, but I don't have any ideas.

Ketsuban
13th February 2004, 4:59 AM
CynderitaShipping? @_@ Actually, wait, that's dumb.

Does anybody have a name for Lt. Surge x Bill?

Senator Kiwi
13th February 2004, 6:04 AM
I was thinking about May's Beautifly and Jessie's Dustox being related. Any names for that? Also, I need clarification on Brock and May- Is it shoppingshipping?

Geodude
13th February 2004, 6:32 AM
Chikorita and Cyndaquil...how about PushShipping? Remember the episode where they were all playing with this beach ball and Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile got a little too rough? The ball ended up flying off somewhere, and Ash made the three of them go get it. They eventually came to a cave, and the fraidy-cat Cyndaquil didn't wanna go in, so Chikorita went around behind it and kept nudging it forward. :)

Kiori
13th February 2004, 6:39 AM
Thanks! By the way, nobody has answered my question on one of my post before. What's the shipping name for Harrison and Misty coupling?

Shutterfly
13th February 2004, 6:55 AM
I don't think that there is a name for that ship. I have searched for it,but Couldn't find it.
And do you mean the Harrison from the WhirlCup? Cause I'm pretty sure that there was also another Harrison.

But I guess there is no Shipping name for both of them..

Geodude
13th February 2004, 6:58 AM
Where is Harrison from again? Was it Oldale Town? Maybe his hometown name (whatever it is) combined with May's (Petalburg) could make a ship name.

Kiori
13th February 2004, 7:22 AM
*sweatdrops* The only Harrison I know was the one that competed on the Johto league and has a Blaziken.

Alfonso
13th February 2004, 3:07 PM
I was thinking about May's Beautifly and Jessie's Dustox being related. Any names for that? Also, I need clarification on Brock and May- Is it shoppingshipping?

There are loads of names for Brock x May... here's all of them to my knowledge.

NeoThirdWheelshipping
Takashipping
TakeHarushipping
ThirdWheelNeoshipping
Shoppingshipping (as you mentioned)

And just as much for Ash x May. I know you didn't ask, but I just thought I'd pop them in.

Advancedshipping
NeoPokeshipping
NeoGakishipping
Hashshipping

To... many... names! *chokes*

Anyway, Dustox x Beautifly? Well, although the name Wurmshipping springs to mind, I've already used that for one of my most percious thought-up ships, with Wurmshipping being Jessie x May. So... yeah. Anyway again, how about SilverWindshipping? Both can learn said attack, and I have this theory that near the end of Advanced, Dustox and Beautifly will fly away together to mate. Both Jessie and May will be distraught, and Jessie will try to stop them, but May will overcome her grief at losing one of her Pokemon, and make a speech to Jessie about how they can't get in the way of true love. This touch a raw nerve of Jessie's, who agrees to let them go. ^_^

Shutterfly
13th February 2004, 3:18 PM
*sweatdrops* The only Harrison I know was the one that competed on the Johto league and has a Blaziken.

the other Harrison was in one of the WhirlCupFinals-Battles.
He used Qwilfish against the Corsola from Misty.

Senator Kiwi
13th February 2004, 10:09 PM
SilverWindShipping? Interesting. Also, if everybody could tell me which of the names Alfonso said, which one is the most common.

Ketsuban
13th February 2004, 10:45 PM
Also, if everybody could tell me which of the names Alfonso said, which one is the most common.

Probably NeoThirdWheelShipping. But I haven't seen any fics, art, or fans of it yet, so I don't think any of the names get used much.

Now to repeat my question: Surge/Bill. Does it have a name?

Senator Kiwi
13th February 2004, 10:59 PM
Surge/Bill... Never heard of it. Hmm... What's Bill and Surge's japanese name? Maybe i could think up one then...

And NeoThirdWheelShipping is a mouthful to say.

Kiori
13th February 2004, 11:38 PM
Senator Kiwi, what couple are you referring for Silverwindshipping?

And just to tell everyone, I'm still looking for the couple name for Harrison x Misty. And just to let you know, it's Harrison that competed in the Silver Conference and has a Blaziken.

Ketsuban
13th February 2004, 11:57 PM
Surge/Bill... Never heard of it. Hmm... What's Bill and Surge's japanese name? Maybe i could think up one then...

Bill is Masaki and Surge is Machisu (literal romanisation) or Mathis (the way I like to write it). It would be called either Masamachi or Machimasa in Japanese (depending on whether you take top/bottom into account and whom you put in which position).

Senator Kiwi
14th February 2004, 6:41 AM
Machisakishipping for Surge x Bill? I like the ring to it. And i was talking about Dustox x Beautifly for SivlerWindShipping.

Ketsuban
14th February 2004, 7:34 AM
Machisakishipping? That has sort of a cute sound to it.

*goes around saying "Machisakishipping" over and over*

Alfonso
14th February 2004, 11:16 AM
Senator Kiwi, what couple are you referring for Silverwindshipping?

And just to tell everyone, I'm still looking for the couple name for Harrison x Misty. And just to let you know, it's Harrison that competed in the Silver Conference and has a Blaziken.

SilverWindshipping is Dustox x Beautifly. I thought it up on the third page of this thread... and for some strange reason, I've become rather attacted to this one... probably because it's one of my better ones, as opposed to something like RiRockshipping, which is Ritchie x A rock. ^_^o

Edit-
And i was talking about Dustox x Beautifly for SivlerWindShipping.

Ah, its already been said. Note to self- read rest of posts in thread before replying to a question. n.n;

ShinySamehadder
14th February 2004, 9:49 PM
Hmmm I just thought up of the Greatest Shipping name for Max/May.

How about the Flowers in the Attic Shipping? Its a actual book about a brother and sister locked up in an attic and then they had feelings for one another and...you get the rest :P

Ororo Munroe
14th February 2004, 10:22 PM
Hmmm I just thought up of the Greatest Shipping name for Max/May.

How about the Flowers in the Attic Shipping? Its a actual book about a brother and sister locked up in an attic and then they had feelings for one another and...you get the rest :P
I read that story! That would be an interesting name. The only difference would be that in the book the boy is older by a year instead of younger by a bigger amount of years.

Kiori
15th February 2004, 5:18 AM
Does anyone know the shipping name for Sakura and Tracey? I just pick that out of random. But I still would like to know about it.

Splat
15th February 2004, 6:06 AM
Haha, noe. I was sorta thinking about that too. Acquaintanceshipping. :p

Senator Kiwi
15th February 2004, 6:03 PM
Kiori, if you were still wondering about Misty x Harrison, i might be able to think of one, if you tell me what there japanese names were.

Ketsuban
15th February 2004, 9:21 PM
Misty is Kasumi and Harrison is Hazuki.

Senator Kiwi
15th February 2004, 10:01 PM
Kazukishipping for Harrison/Misty? Or Hasumishipping? Or maybe even Kazuhasushipping?

MegaRhydon
15th February 2004, 10:09 PM
Kazukishipping for Harrison/Misty? Or Hasumishipping? Or maybe even Kazuhasushipping?

i think it should be called Evaporationshipping because
Harrison has a Blaziken ad Misty uses water types and
when water gets hot it evaporates

Senator Kiwi
15th February 2004, 10:16 PM
Evaporationshipping? Good name. How 'bout Vaporshipping?(Too make it shorter)

Rein Sakado
24th February 2004, 12:13 AM
There is already a name for Kasumi and Hazuki.
It's Hazumishipping.
It was on this site with a ton of shippings on it.
I mean like over a hundred there.
Vaporshipping?
*sweatdrops*
Never heard of something like that, but it is a good name for the ship.

Kazuki Mirai
24th February 2004, 5:38 AM
How about an Ash/Shinobi shipping what's the name of that, you know *Spoilers* Shinobi from the Meditate and the Battle Girl! In a Storm *Spoilers End* I kind of think it as a good shipping, because they both have in common how about trainingshipping, since they both train their Pokemon.

Senator Kiwi
25th February 2004, 7:59 AM
Names for Ash/Shinobi, huh? Stormshipping, or maybe Battleshipping, or maybe even Meditateshipping.

azngirlLH
26th February 2004, 3:01 AM
Um... I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this yet, but...

Does anybody know what's the shipping name for Steven/May AKA Daigo/Haruka?

Yes, I'm a hoennshipper but... ya know. I just have a curious mind.

Kazuki Mirai
26th February 2004, 3:06 AM
Hey, are you the same aNiMeAzNgUrLLH from Fanfiction.Net, I like your Pokemon Hoennshipping and Rockman fics! ^_^
I think it would HoennChampionshipping, I think.

azngirlLH
27th February 2004, 3:34 AM
Hey, are you the same aNiMeAzNgUrLLH from Fanfiction.Net, I like your Pokemon Hoennshipping and Rockman fics! ^_^
I think it would HoennChampionshipping, I think.

Yep, I'm that person who writes pokemon hoennshipping and rockman.exe fics on fanfiction.net! Cool! I never expected someone to recognize me.......

Ok im going off topic here...

Are you sure its hoennchampionshipping?

Kazuki Mirai
27th February 2004, 5:39 AM
Not sure, because I just thought of it similar to the Lance/Ash shipping.

azngirlLH
27th February 2004, 11:44 PM
Not sure, because I just thought of it similar to the Lance/Ash shipping.

Ok, then Steven/May should be officially called hoennchampionshipping.

Hiei Ryu
28th February 2004, 9:09 PM
You guys are going to think i'm a complete dipstick for asking this, but what's shipping?

Senator Kiwi
28th February 2004, 11:25 PM
Shipping is a like or love between any 2 or more characters. Examples of a major shipping is:
Pokeshipping- Love between Ash and Misty

Hiei Ryu
29th February 2004, 1:50 PM
That makes everything clearer now! I CAN SEE!!!! Thank you!!

WaterBlaster
29th February 2004, 5:19 PM
We at the 'Nevermetshipping' thread have come up with this ship: Old Man Shuckle (http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/oldman-shuckle.shtml) ("A Better Pill to Swallow"; fourth season) and Agatha (http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/agatha.shtml) ("Illusion Confusion"; third season). *lol* I think it's so cute! Why, you ask? Both are old and short! :) What could we call it?

Keira
29th February 2004, 5:31 PM
We at the 'Nevermetshipping' thread have come up with this ship: Old Man Shuckle (http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/oldman-shuckle.shtml) ("A Better Pill to Swallow"; fourth season) and Agatha (http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/agatha.shtml) ("Illusion Confusion"; third season). *lol* I think it's so cute! Why, you ask? Both are old and short! :) What could we call it?

let's see, how about oldshipping, I know it's kinda weird but that's the best that I could come up now.

WaterBlaster
29th February 2004, 7:02 PM
let's see, how about oldshipping, I know it's kinda weird but that's the best that I could come up now.

It may sound wierd, but it does make sense. It's something both have in common. :)

Senator Kiwi
1st March 2004, 6:32 PM
Agatha + Old Man Shuckle? Interesting. I'd have to go with Neoeldershipping or Ancientshipping. Also, has anybody ever heard of a shipping that involves Wattson?

WaterBlaster
2nd March 2004, 7:34 PM
Those are pretty good names too. Thank you!
A ship involving Wattson? I haven't heard of any yet, but why not just pair him up with people you think he'd look/interact best with? :)

Senator Kiwi
2nd March 2004, 11:07 PM
OK, maybe Wattson + Watto. That could be advanceheroworshipping. Anybody else got ideas?

SceptileTrainer
3rd March 2004, 10:36 PM
hmm id like to see ash/may...forget misty,she has a temper,may is much better XD,c'mon if you were ash,would you REALLY choose misty?

Eternal Eievui
4th March 2004, 1:37 AM
hmm id like to see ash/may...forget misty,she has a temper,may is much better XD,c'mon if you were ash,would you REALLY choose misty?
Nope. I'd choose Haruka-chan...

Anyway, I think I'm going to support Mikuri and Kasumi. Maybe it will be called, Watershipping? Mizushipping? Water(/Mizu)Badgeshipping? Aquashipping? I don't know, but I think I might support this one...

Kazuki Mirai
4th March 2004, 7:05 AM
Nope. I'd choose Haruka-chan...

Anyway, I think I'm going to support Mikuri and Kasumi. Maybe it will be called, Watershipping? Mizushipping? Water(/Mizu)Badgeshipping? Aquashipping? I don't know, but I think I might support this one...
Who's Mikuri? Is he Rudy or Wallace?

Ketsuban
4th March 2004, 7:39 PM
Mikuri is Wallace.

Geodude
4th March 2004, 9:03 PM
So we know that Shinobu + Brawly = BattleShipping, but what about Ash + Shinobu? They had a bit of a rivalry going on, especially in the first part of the episode. Does that ship have a name?

Senator Kiwi
5th March 2004, 7:51 PM
Stormshipping, maybe? Shinobu is the girl in Meditite Fight, right?

Geodude
5th March 2004, 8:12 PM
Yep, that's her. StormShipping sounds OK...how about ArgueShipping, since that's what they did a lot of? :p

Ororo Munroe
5th March 2004, 8:30 PM
What about Misty/Dorian and Misty/Egan? I think Misty/Dorian could be called Watergymshipping if that name isn't being used but I don't know what to call Misty/Egan.

Dorian is the leader of the unofficial gym at the end of Johto. Egan is the fire trainer that was trying to catch Macargo.

I like Pokeshipping but thought these ships would be interesting too.

Eternal Eievui
5th March 2004, 9:31 PM
Mikuri is Wallace.
Yes. I said Mikuri and Kasumi A.K.A. Wallace and Misty...
So, does anybody know the name of this ship?

WaterBlaster
7th March 2004, 1:54 AM
What about Misty/Dorian and Misty/Egan? I think Misty/Dorian could be called Watergymshipping if that name isn't being used but I don't know what to call Misty/Egan.

Dorian is the leader of the unofficial gym at the end of Johto. Egan is the fire trainer that was trying to catch Macargo.

Watergymshipping sounds just about right for Misty/Dorien.
For Misty/Egan, how about Steamshipping? When you cool off fire with water, you get steam! Plus, they both are pretty 'steamy' in the head... *lol* Unless this name is already being used...

Yes. I said Mikuri and Kasumi A.K.A. Wallace and Misty...
So, does anybody know the name of this ship?

Nope! Sorry... :p I really have no idea...

Geodude
8th March 2004, 6:09 PM
What about Misty/Dorian

Way back when the ep first aired I coined the term "CoastlineShipping" for those two, since Dorian's Gym is the Coastline Gym.

Ororo Munroe
8th March 2004, 6:17 PM
WaterBlaster, Steamshipping sounds like a good name.

Geodude, I like your name for Misty/Dorian.

I think we should use Geodude's name for Misty/Dorian (Coastlineshipping) and give the name Watergymshipping to Misty/Wallace.

Senator Kiwi
8th March 2004, 7:09 PM
Watergymshipping sounds a little plain. But since I can't think of anything else, it'll do.

Absol Pup
8th March 2004, 11:06 PM
Is there a name for Bianca x Latias?

I doubt there's names for the following, but they're SO CUTE and I'd love if they were made:

- Pikachutwo x Pikachutwo
- Meowth x Meowthtwo
- Pikachutwo x Meowthtwo

I'm clone-obsessed. Don't mind me XD

Senator Kiwi
8th March 2004, 11:12 PM
My friends little sister says that Annie and Ash belong together. I asked her what about Oakley(sp?) and she said that she belongs with Brock. Anybody got names for these shippings?

WaterBlaster
9th March 2004, 10:02 PM
WaterBlaster, Steamshipping sounds like a good name.

I used Geodude's logic to come up with that. He had a whole bunch of possible names for Brock's and Flannery's ship. :D

Splat
14th March 2004, 5:11 AM
"Professor Hale is a pretty cool guy. You’ll like him," Tracey said. "Matter of fact, he’s looking for a new assistant."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Skylar, his old assistant, just finished his Ph.D. and went back to Houen to teach. Maybe you could take over his spot."
"Wow, that would be great."
"And Professor Hale has a daughter too."
Gary’s eyes lit up. "Really? What’s she like?"
"Well, her name’s Molly. She’s blonde, blue eyes, real cute, and wants to be a Pokémon trainer more than anything."
Gary slicked back his spiky hair, imagining the beautiful Molly Hale swooning over the handsome, dashing Pokémon trainer known as Gary Oak. "Well, maybe the great Gary Oak can teach her everything there is to know about being a Pokémon trainer."
Tracey had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. "Oh, there’s one more thing, Gary."
"What?"
"She’s seven years old."
"Seven years…you sonofa…!" Tracey dodged a dirt clod that Gary sent flying in his direction. "You made me think she was a hot babe!"
Teehee...I was reading this fic and it made me think...Gary and older Molly Hale! :p Kind of random and stupid, but I like it for some reason. Names?

EDIT: Oh, and...*points to avatar* Hajime and Tracey? :D Does that have a name?

Ketsuban
15th March 2004, 8:00 PM
Is there a name for Bianca x Latias?

How about... hmm... IdenticalShipping?

- Pikachutwo x Pikachutwo

I move that any "self" ship be called "MasturbaShipping."

- Meowth x Meowthtwo

*thinks* NyaNyaShipping! Only that's a bit similar to NyaNyuShipping, which is Meowth and any Sneasel...

- Pikachutwo x Meowthtwo

How about "KloneKrazyShipping"?

There is an official Ships list, but it's only up on Bulbagarden, tmk. Would anyone have a problem if I posted a link to it here?

Kasumi Christie
21st March 2004, 4:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone here knew the names for: Misty/May, Lt. Surge/Misty and Misty/Prima Shippings (The most popular name i've heard for the last one was "ChestShipping") but as for the other two, i haven't been so lucky in finding any names for them. Can anyone help?

Kiori
21st March 2004, 7:35 PM
Well... Misty/May was already given the name of the ship, Imageshipping, I believe. I heard of it, before the forums went down and went back up.

Edit: Is it imageshipping or mirrorshipping? oO?

Cerapter
21st March 2004, 7:52 PM
Any fire-trainer x any water-trainer: Hotspringshipping?

I've been looking for Silver(Rival) x Crystal (Heroine) from the games, but haven't found what they are called.

Here's some that I've thought up, that is maybe already in use, but...
(Btw, they're all from the games.)

Firestormshipping (Flannery x Brawly)
Twinthoughtshipping (Liza x Tate, yes I know it's incest, but someone will ask at one point.)
Flyingshipping (Winona x Falkner)
Balanceshipping (Norman x RuSa mom)
Blizzardshipping (Lorelei x Falkner)
Rainshipping (Winona/ Falkner x Wallace/ Misty)
Illusionshipping (Wallace x Janine)
Mimicshipping (Mimic girl from Saffron x Janine)
Rocksmashshipping (Roxanne x Brawly/ Chuck)
Steelcareshipping (Steven x Jasmine)
Ghoulshipping (Morty x Phoebe)
Glaciershipping (Pryce x Glacia)
Sal****ershipping (Wallace x Jasmine)
Secondgymshipping (Brawly x Misty)

Some of them aren't too good, and probably taken.
Well that's all for now. ^_^

Senator Kiwi
21st March 2004, 8:27 PM
Lt. Surge x Misty, eh? Conductivityshipping? Also, I've always thought that Winona and Steven should go together, even though Winona hasn't been shown in the anime. Names for that? Skarmoryshipping?

MistyWaterflower
22nd March 2004, 5:57 PM
OK, here's a really random one for ya. A cookie to whoever can name this one...I was watching the Hoenn ep called, "three team trouble" - well, I think it was that. Anyway, the two team-member-in-charges if Team Magma and Team Aqua - Field Commander Harland and Tactical Officer Isabel, if I remember right, would make such a cute couple! Kind of a Romeo and Juliet, opposite sides fall in love sort of deal. Any suggestions for a name for it, or have I missed it and it already has one? Either way, I'd like to know! Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry guys, the episode is called "A three team Scheme", and takes place while Ash is training for his Dewford rematch. OK?

Kasumi Christie
22nd March 2004, 8:02 PM
Lol, Kiori so it could either be ImageShipping or MirrorShipping? Thank you anyway. And Kiwi, thank you also, ConductivityShipping did come to my mind also to be honest! ^_^

Ketsuban
24th March 2004, 3:26 AM
Misty/May is ImageShipping. I named it myself. MirrorShipping is, I think, Jesse/Jessibelle.

There's a link to the shippers list in my sig. BMG is down at the moment because of a server move, but it should be back up soon.

Sneasel
29th March 2004, 2:27 AM
Sorry if this has been asked, but what would Gary/Bianca be called?

keldora dragon
2nd April 2004, 2:47 AM
What would Jasmine/Falkner be called? It's been in my mind for awhile for some weird reason. Sorry if it sounds like a bad couple, I'm new to this shipping culture.

Murgatroyd
2nd April 2004, 5:13 AM
I can't think of any particularly good names for that one. If you can think of why or how you first thought of it, that might give some ideas.

And don't worry about couples "sounding bad". There are a lot of opinions about what sorts of pairings are good and bad, and no matter what couple you come up with, it's virtually certain that someone's come up with a stranger one.

Senator Kiwi
2nd April 2004, 4:43 PM
Gary/Bianca? Hmmmm, Maybe RivalAltoShipping? I'm all out of ideas.

Jasmine/Falkner? Its a nevermetshipping right? If so, it'll be even harder to think of names for it.

Peach
4th April 2004, 9:43 AM
I know someone has told that..but what shippy is Tracy/Daisy?

Ororo Munroe
4th April 2004, 9:47 AM
I know someone has told that..but what shippy is Tracy/Daisy?
Tracey/Daisy - Handymanshipping

Peach
4th April 2004, 3:08 PM
Tracey/Daisy - Handymanshipping

Oh thanks Togepi4eva^_^

[DeNi]zen
5th April 2004, 2:56 AM
How did The word shipping start to be used to describe ppair-ups. I've seen it everywhere, but how the heck did it exactly start?

Murgatroyd
5th April 2004, 6:18 AM
It started a year or two before I got involved in the fan community, but from what I've heard, it started with "RocketShipping", the belief in a romantic relationship within Team Rocket. Other "Shippings" got named with a parallel structure shortly thereafter, followed by the establishment of "Shipping" as a term to describe the whole system.

Geodude
5th April 2004, 6:21 AM
I always thought "PokeShipping" was the first one. "Poke" (as we know it to be a prefix referring to Pokemon) is so general it could really be referring to anyone, but since this was the first real ship that people noticed, PokeShipping came to refer to Ash & Misty. That had always been my impression. But yeah you could be right, since the first real RocketShipping hint happened before the first significant PokeShipping one.

Murgatroyd
5th April 2004, 6:42 AM
I'm fairly sure RocketShipping, as a named "shipping", came first by at least a few days. It's the only "shipping" I know of that actually has an apparent reason for using "ship" in the name.

Geodude
5th April 2004, 6:44 AM
OK, fair enough, sounds reasonable. Maybe what happened was people liked the Ash/Misty pairing for a while before it got an "official" name.

MistyWaterflower
5th April 2004, 7:06 PM
Ash/Misty pairings were also called AAML (Ash and Misty Love) Shipping refers to relationSHIPs between characters - it's been around for a while, not necessarily Pokemon.

Really? Rocketshipping was the first 'ship' for Pokemon? Wow. Never knew that.

L100Meganium
7th April 2004, 9:27 PM
[questionable comment deleted --Geodude] (except maybe James....he's always the girl with the disguises...scary...)

Ketsuban
9th April 2004, 3:59 AM
1) There is nothing wrong with homosexuality and you will never know how many members of this board you offended with that comment.

2) One doesn't have to be gay to be involved with someone of the same sex ^_~

3) There's no evidence that James is gay. The majority of cross-dressers are actually heterosexual, as people would know if they did their research.

Geodude
12th April 2004, 7:53 AM
OK time for the mod to step in...I apologize for not noticing this until now...

Ketsuban: Many people DO believe that homosexuality is wrong, and that's a fact that you'll just have to accept. Or, at least, pretend you accept. :p Also, hating homosexuality and hating homosexuals are two completely different concepts, as I'm sure you're aware. My opinion on the subject does not matter, as this forum is open to everyone. So because of that, I do have to be fair...

L100Meganium: While there is nothing wrong with disliking homosexuality, a post like that only serves to offend, as Ketsuban pointed out. You're probably young and inexperienced with this type of thing, and I don't think you had any hurtful intentions, so I won't give you an official warning, just edit your post. Watch what you say about this from now on, however.

BTW, Ketsuban, I'm surprised to learn that you don't think James is gay. I always thought you did.

Splat
12th April 2004, 7:15 PM
It's the only "shipping" I know of that actually has an apparent reason for using "ship" in the name.
What about Heroworshipping? Herowor...man, the guy who came up with that was jeenyous. =B

Oh, and since no one came up with a name for Tracey/Hajime, I'm going to go with Debateshipping...I don't think it's taken. Or it could be Tracey/Max; even though they haven't met yet, I bet there's going to be some Pokemon debating going on. :p

Ketsuban
12th April 2004, 8:06 PM
BTW, Ketsuban, I'm surprised to learn that you don't think James is gay. I always thought you did.

^_^ Of course I don't think he's gay. I just assume all the characters are bisexual (with the possible exception of Brock). *has this convoluted theory on how Professor Oak is bi and currently involved with Blaine*

Splat
12th April 2004, 8:21 PM
Wow, what an interesting theory, Ketsuban...I also think a lot of the main characters are either gay or bi. :3

Ketsuban
13th April 2004, 4:01 AM
Well, my reasoning is, "Unless they've given me some reason to believe they're gay, straight, or asexual, I'm just gonna say they're bi. Makes shipping a lot easier AND more fun! ^_^" Brock strikes me as... very straight. However, as it's never officially been said that he is, I do think BoulderShipping is sort of cute. *giggles*

Team Rocket's Lugia
15th April 2004, 12:38 PM
I am going back on topic, What about Misty and Wallace? I know Wallace hasnt appeared in the anime yet, but what if?

Oh, and if shipping isnt exactly for anime, what about Rui and Wes? (Collosseum), I mean, if there is a term it'd be great to use it in fics.

Ororo Munroe
15th April 2004, 2:17 PM
I am going back on topic, What about Misty and Wallace? I know Wallace hasnt appeared in the anime yet, but what if?

Oh, and if shipping isnt exactly for anime, what about Rui and Wes? (Collosseum), I mean, if there is a term it'd be great to use it in fics.
Well the first one was already answered in this thread. I created the name Watergymshipping for Misty/Dorian but then Geodude suggested calling that ship Coastlineshipping so Misty/Wallace is now called Watergymshipping.

As for Rui and Wes, that one is obvious and already has its own thread. It's called Colosseumshipping.

Senator Kiwi
18th April 2004, 12:14 AM
I have 2 questions. What would Whitney/Ash be called? Also, what would Shuu/Misty be called? It is a nevermetshipping, I think.

MegaRhydon
18th April 2004, 6:03 PM
Whitney/Ash I don't know if that shipping has a name ut I think it should be called
Goofyshipping because they're both kinda goofy,and about Misty/Shuu I have no idea
what it should be called.

Senator Kiwi
19th April 2004, 5:16 AM
I have plainshipping for Whitney/Ash and Water-FlowerShipping for Misty/Shuu. The name comes from Misty's supposed last name, WaterFlower and Shuu's Roselia. So do you like these names?

MS
25th April 2004, 8:22 PM
Are there any Magna shippings with Winona?

Plain-shipping, Ash has no Normal-type pokemon. So maybe another one?

Senator Kiwi
25th April 2004, 8:28 PM
Well, I just found out the Milkshipping is Whitney/ASh. Well, what is Grovyle/Corphish? M_S suggested WoodRuffianShipping, and I think AdvancePocketRivalShipping is a long, but good one. What do you think?

c_club9907
27th April 2004, 1:00 AM

I don't think there are any ships with Winowna in it....not to my knowledge, and I know every single ship in the Manga, I have every single issue, and can read japanese....there really wasn't any "ship" between Sapphire and Winowna when they were battling, and if there was, there is no official name for it...but I think Sapphire's Combusken evolved into Blaziken during/after the battle with Winowna, maybe that made a ship, like evolutionshipping or something XD

Alfonso
27th April 2004, 3:33 PM

Not a manga shipping, but a while back I thought up Gracefulshipping, which is Winona x Wallace. Both think along the same lines- Graceful Pokemon, and grace in general, so I thought, 'why not?'

Besides, they look cute together. Although we haven't actually *seen* them together in the games or the anime. Not sure about the manga though. ^_^o

Senator Kiwi
27th April 2004, 11:32 PM
That's a good one, I would consider Altaria and Milotic graceful. Those are their "trademark" Pokemon, the ones you would probably choose to represent them with.

c_club9907
29th April 2004, 1:20 PM
Not a manga shipping, but a while back I thought up Gracefulshipping, which is Winona x Wallace. Both think along the same lines- Graceful Pokemon, and grace in general, so I thought, 'why not?'

Besides, they look cute together. Although we haven't actually *seen* them together in the games or the anime. Not sure about the manga though. ^_^o

Correct..I know Manga best, well Coronis knows Manga better I guess, but I no every single ship in Manga as I said earlier....no Manga ships with Winowna at all...
Also, on Kiwi's forums, Magic posted that Alfonso came up with a manga shipping. It is a general shippping. Magic: In Manga, Winona isn't graceful one bit. She is running around and hopping around. The anime/game BIOs differ tremendously from the manga BIOs.

azngirlLH
1st May 2004, 12:18 AM
I don't think I saw this yet, but does anyone know the shipping for Flannery/May(Asuna/Haruka)?

Alfonso
1st May 2004, 1:30 PM
I don't think I saw this yet, but does anyone know the shipping for Flannery/May(Asuna/Haruka)?

Well, Pokemon Fan thought of Firebirdshipping for Flannery x May, but a few months before, I myself used that name for James x May. (May has a Torchic, and fire bird, and James once dressed up as a Moltres, a fire bird. n.n) And it's listed on Arcanic's (sp?) Big Shipping List as James x May, so it's semi-offical. ^_^

So, any thoughts for a shipping name for May x Flannery, since Firebird was taken, unbeknown to Pokemon Fan... Firechickshipping, perhaps?

Yeah, I know. The term 'chick' sucks. :P

azngirlLH
1st May 2004, 8:32 PM
Semi-official? Let's make firebirdshipping official for James/May. There's enough proof that you've already provided ^_^. As for Flannery/May, I kinda like firechickshipping, tho... they both have fire pokemon, and they're both 'chicks', right? Firechickshipping does really sound cute ^_^. Or how about hotspringshipping? They were both in the hot springs together in the manga, right? Or... oh, I don't know... I prefer firechickshipping over hotspringshipping. Any other suggestions for a shipping name for Flannery/May?

Kazuki Mirai
1st May 2004, 8:34 PM
I think I prefer Firechickshipping, it sounds better than Hotspringshipping.
But how about Wildshipping, in the manga they both get help from a wild Tropius.

Senator Kiwi
3rd May 2004, 7:29 AM
Firegirlshipping, perhaps. Its a variation of Chick. Maybe FireFemmeShipping. I have no clue. *Shrugs*

Wait, Winona isn't graceful?!?!?!? Isn't she like a dancer or something in the games? Gosh, the manga is really different.

Juputoru
5th May 2004, 2:23 AM
Out of curiosity, what's the name for Ash/Latias shipping?

Murgatroyd
5th May 2004, 3:19 AM
That would be Altoshipping. :)

wobbanut
7th May 2004, 1:36 AM
What are good ship names for:

James/Cacnea (I'm really getting into it :) )

Jessie/Dustox (I love how she adored it as a Wurmple and still as a Dustox)

Senator Kiwi
7th May 2004, 7:56 AM
Hmmm... James/Cacnea... HugShipping, or is that already used?

Jessie/Dustox: PamperShipping, SpoilShipping, I'm not sure...

wobbanut
8th May 2004, 2:11 AM
Those sound pretty good to me. :)

Spike
14th May 2004, 1:16 AM
Does anyone know what the Susie/Zane ship is called? I thought it might be called Breedershipping but I'm not sure.

Ketsuban
14th May 2004, 1:26 AM
No, BreederShipping is Suzie/Brock.

Drei Ikkagura
14th May 2004, 2:00 AM
I'm new to thinking the names up.
Lance/Clair=Dragon Shipping.
Is this good?

Ketsuban
14th May 2004, 5:19 AM
Clair/Lance already is called DragonShipping.

Senator Kiwi
14th May 2004, 11:45 PM
Susie/Zane, huh? I'm not sure who Zane is, but when I find out, I can help with a name for this shipping.

Sakara
15th May 2004, 8:58 AM
hmmm..what's Shauna/Brawly shipping called?

Ororo Munroe
15th May 2004, 11:52 AM
Susie/Zane, huh? I'm not sure who Zane is, but when I find out, I can help with a name for this shipping.
Zane is the guy with the Ninetales in "Beauty and the Breeder" (the second episode Suzie was in).

Drei Ikkagura
15th May 2004, 1:17 PM
Sakura:Shauna/Brawly=Fighting Shipping.
Well I think its fighting shipping at least.

systematic
16th May 2004, 4:48 AM
{giggles} Am here to spread my Shounen-ai Fangirl Enthusiasm to evuhryboday.

Whass Daigo x Mikuri called? ... ooh, what about Morty x Falkner? OH, OH-- Actually, that's all. I'm sad now. I can usually come up with more odd pairings than two...

Senator Kiwi
17th May 2004, 8:18 AM
Hmmm... Foxyshipping for Susie/Zane? KitsuneShipping? As for Morty/Falkner, ArroganceShipping. They both come around as arrogant to me.

Ketsuban
17th May 2004, 8:16 PM
Systematic: Whee, shounen-ai fangirl enthusiasm! *squeals enthusiatically*

Daigo x Mikuri (Steven x Wallace) is called OriginShipping. I'm not sure why, as I haven't played Ru/Sa.

Alfonso
18th May 2004, 3:48 PM
Systematic: Whee, shounen-ai fangirl enthusiasm! *squeals enthusiatically*

Daigo x Mikuri (Steven x Wallace) is called OriginShipping. I'm not sure why, as I haven't played Ru/Sa.

It's called Originshipping becase of the Cave of Origin in Sotopolis City in R/S. Upon arriving there, you meet Steven, who introduces you to Wallace who then directs you to the Cave of Origin. ^_^

Wolf Goddess
23rd May 2004, 11:51 PM
I made a new abbreviation for Advanceshipping. It's SAHL. Short for Satoshi And Hukura Love. I made it because I think AAMayL look second-handed. :P

Senator Kiwi
24th May 2004, 1:36 AM
Interesting Shining Sierra. But Hukura? You mean Hakura, right?

Also, would Altoshipping be AALL? I like that name. Double A, Double L.

On the topic of What's this ship called?, what would Max x Misty be? or Shuu x Misty? I'm still debating who to pair Misty with.

Drei Ikkagura
24th May 2004, 1:50 AM
Pair Misty up with Rudy?
I don't know,it just seems good.

Wolf Goddess
24th May 2004, 2:04 AM
Originally posted by Senator Kiwi

Yes. I'm terrible with names. :P But I could name all obscure LOTR charactors! ^_^;;;

Originally posted by Senator Kiwi

I like that as well. I think all main ships need an abbreiviation. I think the main ships should be:

Advanceshipping (SAHL)
Pokeshipping (AAML)
Altoshipping (AALL)
Rocketshipping (JAJL)
Contestshipping (DAML)

Errr, maybe use the Japanese names for Contestshipping? DAML looks like the swear word and MADL makes it look bad. But then it has the same abbreviations as Advanceshipping. :P

Senator Kiwi
24th May 2004, 2:15 AM
Yes, I like Shuu better than Drew. So is it SAML or MASL? Or maybe SAHL? or HASL? I think it should be SAHL.

Wolf Goddess
24th May 2004, 2:20 AM
Yes, but What does Advanceshipping have? So one gets SAHL and the other gets HASL? Meh. :P So, which one? I was thinking MASL, May And Shuu Love. We need a third opinion. :P

systematic
24th May 2004, 11:36 AM
.. Isn't her name Haruka?

I don't support the couple, but I prefer SAHL.

Alfonso
24th May 2004, 2:07 PM

On the topic of What's this ship called?, what would Max x Misty be? or Shuu x Misty? I'm still debating who to pair Misty with.

Max x Misty= Masumishipping. I believe I brought that one up in some other thread. Twas ages ago though. Oh, and wasn't Shuu x Misty WaterFlowershipping or something? You might want to check earlier pages of this thread for the answer, 'cause I'm sure that someone suggested that for it. ^_^

Shiny May
24th May 2004, 3:20 PM
I had a question about what the ship is for Bayleef x Ash?
I have really no clue.

Alfonso
24th May 2004, 3:39 PM
I had a question about what the ship is for Bayleef x Ash?
I have really no clue.

Wasn't the name for Chikorita x Ash supposed to be Latinashipping? (Latino?) Not sure. Even so, I don't think there is a name for Bayleef x Ash, if you wanted to keep Chikorita and Bayleef seperate. I'll check Arcanic's Shipping List later.

Ketsuban
24th May 2004, 7:59 PM
Why would one bother to differentiate between Chikorita/Ash and Bayleef/Ash? She's the same Pokemon, she just looks different when she evolves. It's not like her personality totally changed or anything. So in my opinion, Bayleef/Ash would also be ChikoShipping.

Senator Kiwi
24th May 2004, 11:45 PM
Oh dear, I believe that I was the one who said the Misty x Shuu was WaterFlowerShipping, oops.

And thanks for the Misty x Max shipping name.

I don't think that Chikorita x Ash should be any different than Bayleef x Ash. So is it ChikoShipping or LatinaShipping

Ororo Munroe
25th May 2004, 2:08 AM
I've seen quite a few fics about Sabrina/Erika so I'm curious about what it's called. I think the name of the ship comes from their Japanese names (Sabrina - Natsumi, Erika - Erica) but I'm not sure. :/

Moo
25th May 2004, 3:16 AM
There are too many shipings in the world of pokemon yet that is just the tip of the iceburg if people made a shipping about every couple possible we would have a veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrry long list, I mean like 1 post would be like 20 pages? and togepi, do you know why there aren't so many advanced shippings?

Ketsuban
25th May 2004, 3:40 AM
Erika/Sabrina is called FemmeGymShipping.

Ororo Munroe
25th May 2004, 3:42 AM
Erika/Sabrina is called FemmeGymShipping.
I had a feeling you were going to be the one to answer my question. ^_^;;; Thanks, Ket! ^_^

Moo, I don't know why there aren't that many nevermetshippings for Pokemon Advance. :/

wobbanut
25th May 2004, 6:38 PM
Any ideas for a name for the ship in the sixth movie, Butler and Diane? They were really great together. :)

Ketsuban
26th May 2004, 1:39 AM
That's CarnivalShipping.

~rIcH aNd ChEwY~
1st June 2004, 10:13 AM
Hey! Is there a name for Max/ Anita? Anita is the girl from "Gonna Rule the School!" Please tell! If there isn't am I able to make the name?

anime4ever
4th June 2004, 7:28 AM
How about Ash/Erika? Well, I think that it would be cute... But I'm still a die-hard Pokeshipper. And If they decide to pair Ash and May up, leaving Misty alone, what do you think of Misty and Brendan? If there isn't a name yet I wish I could make a name... but I hope that never happens.

phantomness
15th June 2004, 6:04 AM
I have a semi-complete shippings list on my page as well.

http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/shippings.htm

Alfonso
15th June 2004, 2:24 PM
I have a semi-complete shippings list on my page as well.

http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/shippings.htm

Actually, the name for Pokeshipping used by some Rocketshippers (myself, back when I first got into Shipping.) is Gakishipping, not Twerpshipping. I remember all the 'Rocketshipping Rules, Gakishipping Drools!' comments I made back then.

Heracross
15th June 2004, 5:39 PM
I'm rather surprized this hasn't come up yet, or maybe I just missed it, but what would the pairing of Brock/Willhemina (sp?) be called? They just seemed so good together, and Brock finally found someone who shared his feelings.

Oh, and I know Ash/Latias is Altoshipping, but is there a name for Ash/Bianca? I finally watched Heroes for the first time last night and thought they looked cute together. I'm still a pokéshipper though.;)

azngirlLH
16th June 2004, 8:26 AM
I definately support altoshipping. I'm not to sure about Ash/Bianca, though... those two don't have as much close relationship as Ash and Latias have. Maybe we can alter the name altoshipping and make that Ash/Bianca?

Wolf Goddess
16th June 2004, 8:38 AM
I made one. It's Wingshipping. Ash's Swellow x. his Pidgeot. :)

azngirlLH
16th June 2004, 9:29 PM
Ash's Swellow and his Pidgeot, eh...? Wingsshipping, very original.

Here are some shippings that some people requested that hadn't been answered yet...

Ash/Erika
Ash/Bianca <-- >=( I will find a good name for this one! Something along the line of Altoshipping...

Ketsuban
17th June 2004, 12:04 AM
Since AltoShipping is Ash/Latias, how about MareShipping for Ash/Bianca?

Heracross
17th June 2004, 5:58 PM
Yeah, I thought about that too, but if you pronounce it like they do in the movie, it ends up sounding like Marshipping lol. It still works pretty well though.

azngirlLH
17th June 2004, 9:00 PM
That sounds pretty good... but what gave you the idea of MAREshipping?

Heracross
17th June 2004, 11:27 PM
You know, like Altomare. Altoshipping already exists, so we just took the other half of it and got Mareshipping. Heh, since mare means sea, I guess it literally means "sea shipping"

azngirlLH
20th June 2004, 11:55 PM
Ah, hey, that's good =). So I guess Ash/Bianca should officially be called Mareshipping then, right? Who's the person that updates the shipping's names list? Is it the Alfonso dude? (?_?)

Ketsuban
21st June 2004, 1:16 AM
No, the shippers list is maintained by Archaic of Bulbagarden. Oops, guess I shouldn't have taken that link out of my sig... *goes to edit sig*

I think I'll go through this thread and submit all the ships made up in it, so they'll get put in the list in its next update.

(Kedit) Oh, and how about SatoriShipping for Ash and Erika? From SATOshi and eRIka. "Satori" is also Japanese for comprehension or enlightenment.

azngirlLH
21st June 2004, 2:51 AM
That sounds good ^_^. Hey, scarred dragonia!!! Ash/Erika is now satorishipping!! ^_^0

Toran Frostbite
22nd June 2004, 4:46 AM
As for Morty/Falkner, ArroganceShipping. They both come around as arrogant to me.

Morty/Falkner already has a 'ship name, called Honorshipping. I'd pin Arrogance for Gary/Drew.

How about Ash/Erika? Well, I think that it would be cute... But I'm still a die-hard Pokeshipper. And If they decide to pair Ash and May up, leaving Misty alone, what do you think of Misty and Brendan? If there isn't a name yet I wish I could make a name... but I hope that never happens.

Brendan/Misty's called Neglectshipping.

I've written fics for both Morty/Falkner and Brendan/Misty in the past. *cheshire grin* I'm in love with both of these ships, and will do what I can to preserve them as such. ^^

PDL
23rd June 2004, 5:31 AM
is there a Misty/May shipping? if so, what is it called?

Alfonso
23rd June 2004, 4:29 PM

BrokenBikeshipping, if I recall correctly.

Wailord_Fan
24th June 2004, 12:21 AM
After looking over those lists, I can't find a Sakura/Ash shipping name? Do all the Advanceshipper, pokeshippers, etc, scorn it and therefore don't record it? Or am I just being an idiot?

Ketsuban
25th June 2004, 5:30 AM
Misty/May is called ImageShipping.

After looking over those lists, I can't find a Sakura/Ash shipping name? Do all the Advanceshipper, pokeshippers, etc, scorn it and therefore don't record it? Or am I just being an idiot?

If it's not listed it's because no one submitted it to the list. The only list I can speak for is Muka-chan's, but he most certainly doesn't leave ships out because he doesn't like them -- otherwise PalletShipping, GymShipping, etc. would be nowhere NEAR his list.

I don't think Ash/Sakura has a name. I can't think of a good name for it... *shrug*

Kiori
25th June 2004, 6:22 AM

If I remember correctly, it's called Imageshipping. There has been fans of Imageshipping. I've seen some around. So the answer is, there are Misty/May shippers. =p

Crobat_Trainer
25th June 2004, 8:50 AM
Hello... I'd like to know about a non-Pokemon ship...
Does anyone know the name for the Yami/Anzu ship? If there isn't a name then I have an idea for one... it's Pharoahshipping *sweatdrops*

Toran Frostbite
25th June 2004, 12:25 PM
Hello... I'd like to know about a non-Pokemon ship...
Does anyone know the name for the Yami/Anzu ship? If there isn't a name then I have an idea for one... it's Pharoahshipping *sweatdrops*

It's called Revolutionshipping; for the record, Yami/Anzu/Yugi is Spiritshipping.

CherryShadowZ
1st July 2004, 6:08 PM
I'm pretty sure no one answered this but whats Gary x May (not his sister, Hoenn May)

Haruka's Swimsuit
1st July 2004, 8:04 PM
Misty/May is ImageShipping. I named it myself.

It's a rather interesting name, would you mind sharing how you came about it...?

Moo
1st July 2004, 9:26 PM
GARY's sister isn't May it's daisy for the last time it even says so in the Manga and Game or does it say in the show that her name is May
Whats this ship called
Todd/Misty

azngirlLH
2nd July 2004, 1:49 AM
What the.... but... I was reading the manga and Ash was reaming out Gary and his sister, and Ash was like.... "May?". I think Gary's sister is named May. Not Daisy... isn't Daisy one of Misty's sister? Maybe I'm wrong, correct me if I am.

Kiori
2nd July 2004, 2:50 AM
In the Manga(only read the one that's translated to english ^^; ) Gary's sister is named, May Oak. And based from what I heard, and a help from someone, in the GSC(video games, incase some of you don't know), she's named Daisy. Hope that help. ^^

azngirlLH
3rd July 2004, 10:18 AM
Ah, ok... I wonder why they changed her name... anywho, I don't think I have seen this before, but does anyone know the name for Ash/Max and Max/Jirachi? I was hoping Jirachi/Max would be wishmakershipping, but that's already circusshipping, I think...

Alfonso
5th July 2004, 1:27 PM
Ah, ok... I wonder why they changed her name... anywho, I don't think I have seen this before, but does anyone know the name for Ash/Max and Max/Jirachi? I was hoping Jirachi/Max would be wishmakershipping, but that's already circusshipping, I think...

Ash x Max is Satoshipping. Thanks to Spiffy from Pokemopolis for the name. ^_^

jigglyskitt
6th July 2004, 12:12 AM
Alfonso, what is the name for Flannery/Ash shipping?

I must know. :O

And what about Jigglypuff/Flannery shipping? XD.

Alfonso
6th July 2004, 1:06 PM
Alfonso, what is the name for Flannery/Ash shipping?

I must know. :O

And what about Jigglypuff/Flannery shipping? XD.

Flannery x Ash? Wait, I know this one. Pokemon Fan thought it up. I *think* it's Heatshipping. I know May x Flannery is Firechickshipping (Pokemon Fan oringinally called it Firebirdshipping, but I had already taken that as James x May. Take a look a few pages back for the full story. Or something.) and Brock x Flannery is HotRockshipping. I'll PM him to make sure.

Flannery x Jigglypuff? ^_^o

Bouncyshipping? XD

jigglyskitt
6th July 2004, 10:37 PM
No, Hotairshipping! >:D

azngirlLH
7th July 2004, 4:17 AM
Flannery x Ash? Wait, I know this one. Pokemon Fan thought it up. I *think* it's Heatshipping. I know May x Flannery is Firechickshipping (Pokemon Fan oringinally called it Firebirdshipping, but I had already taken that as James x May. Take a look a few pages back for the full story. Or something.) and Brock x Flannery is HotRockshipping. I'll PM him to make sure.

Flannery x Jigglypuff? ^_^o

Bouncyshipping? XD

Yah, I think I remember you once told me that Flannery/May is firechickshipping. I asked for that one ^^... I think. Ash/Flannery IS heatshipping, just to confirm.

Hotairshipping sounds kawaii ^^. Very creative.

Ketsuban
7th July 2004, 6:13 AM
It's a rather interesting name, would you mind sharing how you came about it...?

Waaay back when the first image of May came out, before people even knew her name was "Haruka," some people thought, "She looks just like Misty! I bet Misty just got new clothes and dyed her hair!" So when it was confirmed that Haruka was a new character, I decided that KasuHaru should be called "ImageShipping," as in "the spitting image."

Revolutionary Destiny
7th July 2004, 7:40 AM
Here is something to think about:
Why isn't Krazyshipping called Pokeshipping instead? I know Pokeshipping is used to refer to Ash and Misty but Pokeshipping would describe Meowth and Pikachu's relationship (not that I support it or anything) better because they are both the two main pokemon in the show. And Ash and Misty's relationship could be called by any of their many other names (AAML,Twerpshipping,etc.). It's just something to think about...

Alfonso
7th July 2004, 2:34 PM
Here is something to think about:
Why isn't Krazyshipping called Pokeshipping instead? I know Pokeshipping is used to refer to Ash and Misty but Pokeshipping would describe Meowth and Pikachu's relationship (not that I support it or anything) better because they are both the two main pokemon in the show. And Ash and Misty's relationship could be called by any of their many other names (AAML,Twerpshipping,etc.). It's just something to think about...

Why bother changing it. Everybody knows Ash x Misty as Pokeshipping and using it as Pikachu x Meowth would just confuse everyone. It would be like-

Person 1- "Hey! You see that Pokeshipping hint in that episode yesterday?! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Cute, wasn't it?"

Person 2- Yeah. It was really nice seeing Pikachu and Meowth dance together. Meowth really has the hots for Pikachu. Or should that be hawts? *laughs*

Person 1- WTF? What the hell are you talking about?!

Person 2- Huh? You mean there was another Meowth x Pikachu hint in eppi? Tell me!

Person 1- o.o;

Something like that anyway. Besides, Pikachu x Meowth already has many names. Krazyshipping, Nyachushipping and even *cough* Mascotshipping. Which is annoying, because I wanted to use that as Meowth x Cassidy's Raticate. I mean, it has two names already, why does it need a third? :P

Ketsuban
7th July 2004, 4:36 PM
I thought MascotShipping WAS Meowth and Raticate...

And I like the name KrazyShipping! I know the person who named it, and she gives the following explanation for its name: There was once a comic strip called Krazy Kat, about a cat who was in love with a mouse, but the mouse hated the cat. I think it fits quite well, given that context.

Alfonso
8th July 2004, 1:15 PM
I thought MascotShipping WAS Meowth and Raticate...

And I like the name KrazyShipping! I know the person who named it, and she gives the following explanation for its name: There was once a comic strip called Krazy Kat, about a cat who was in love with a mouse, but the mouse hated the cat. I think it fits quite well, given that context.

It is. Or rather, it's supposed to be. It's on Archaic's Shipping List, but I've heard many people refere to it as Pikachu x Meowth. But no fear! For from this day, I WILL be taking back the term! Meowth x Raticate, or rather, Mascotshipping forever! ^_^

Splat
9th July 2004, 10:23 PM
Attention: I have named Max/the President from Devon Jacksonshipping. If it's taken, tell me plz. If that name is taken I will name this Michaelshipping. You see where I'm going here? >D

Gorebyss
10th July 2004, 2:26 AM
What's Flannery's Torkoal and Ash's Torkoal called? Torkoalshipping?

Akane
12th July 2004, 6:49 AM
Wow this thread is cool. I never heard different kinds of ships. Okay my question is what is the ship of Richie and Duplica? I was thinking Hiroimiteshipping(Hiroshi and Imite-their Japanese names). Please, please help me out. I want to know. This could be the next ship I like. Thanks.
(Likes: Pokeshipping, Contestshipping, Rocketshipping, Breedershipping, Copyshipping)

Kijuna
13th July 2004, 9:54 PM
What about Pikachu x Meowth?

Alfonso
14th July 2004, 3:10 PM
What about Pikachu x Meowth?

Krazyshipping. Or, as someone I know from another board dubbed it, 'Nyachushipping'. Think it comes from the factthat she *despises* the name 'Krazy'. :P

Ketsuban
15th July 2004, 3:53 AM
Attention! I've dubbed Norman x Petalburg Nurse Joy "FireworksShipping." It has a double meaning! ^_~

EonMaster Zero
15th July 2004, 6:12 AM
I've got a lot of 'em...

Er...

Chuck X Bruno (shudder): Senseishipping
Brock X Roxanne: Stoneshipping
Drew (May's coordinator rival) X Erika (Celadon Gym): Flowershipping
Lance X Clair: Dragonshipping (are Lance and Clair brother/sister?)
Tyson X Domino: Agentshipping (since Rocketshipping is already gone)
To be continued..

Ketsuban
15th July 2004, 6:41 AM
I've got a lot of 'em...

Er...

Chuck X Bruno (shudder): Senseishipping
Brock X Roxanne: Stoneshipping
Drew (May's coordinator rival) X Erika (Celadon Gym): Flowershipping
Lance X Clair: Dragonshipping (are Lance and Clair brother/sister?)
Tyson X Domino: Agentshipping (since Rocketshipping is already gone)
To be continued..

FlowerShipping is Misty and Mikey.
Lance and Clair is already called DragonShipping, and has been for some time. No, they aren't brother and sister. I don't think they're related in the game or anime, but in Special they're cousins.

EonMaster Zero
15th July 2004, 5:11 PM
Mikey? WTF? Never heard of him.

Toran Frostbite
15th July 2004, 6:25 PM
Mikey? WTF? Never heard of him.

Mikey's the youngest of the four Eevee brothers. ...Unless some other Mikey slipped in when I wasn't looking.

CherryShadowZ
16th July 2004, 2:13 AM
I dont mean to be pushy but no one answered my May X Gary shipping question.

Ketsuban
16th July 2004, 3:10 AM
Maybe because nobody knows.

Which May? May Oak/Gary is called "IncestShipping." I don't think Hoenn May/Gary has a name yet.

EonMaster Zero
16th July 2004, 4:34 AM
Misty with Mikey? Wouldn't she be better with his brother...Vaporeon dude? I think his name was rainer.

Toran Frostbite
16th July 2004, 8:43 AM
Misty with Mikey? Wouldn't she be better with his brother...Vaporeon dude? I think his name was rainer.

And believe it or not, Rainer/Misty does have a ship, Vaporshipping.

But think about it, shipping is based on a few things: either how cute they look together, how they intereacted together, or how well they /could/ get along (in the case of nevermetshippings). Misty had more interaction with Mikey, and I don't think she said two words to Rainer individually (but I could be wrong). And just because Rainer has a water pokémon doesn't necessarily mean she's better off with him than she would be with Mikey. It's more than just who's-got-what, though sometimes that plays a factor.

Splat
16th July 2004, 9:10 AM
I don't think Hoenn May/Gary has a name yet.
Blueyeshipping? (didn't want to write two e's in a row, meh) They both have blue eyes...

MistysJirachi
17th July 2004, 4:25 PM
can't think of a shipping to support, what's almond and hazel?

Ketsuban
17th July 2004, 9:23 PM
Almond/Hazel is both "SeasonShipping" and "NutShipping."

CherryShadowZ
19th July 2004, 1:26 AM
Blueyeshipping? (didn't want to write two e's in a row, meh) They both have blue eyes...

Well that is cute but it might be taken can anyone tell me if it is?

*Thinks about it* Gary doesn't have blue yes...does he?!?

Sakara
19th July 2004, 6:14 PM
does may/gary have a shipping name yet? ^^

Alfonso
20th July 2004, 12:25 PM
does may/gary have a shipping name yet? ^^

Not as far as I can tell.

On another Shipping note, I think I've come up with what must be the *perfect* name for Tracey x Butch. Seriously. That may siund arrogant, but whatever. What is it? Kosanjishipping. It takes the 'Kosa' from the first part of Butch's Japanese name (Kosaburo) and the 'nji' from the last part of Tracey's Japanese name (Kenji) to form Kosanji. Why is it good? Kosanji is what Kojiro (James) calls Kosaburo in the Japanese version of the show. Basically, the Japanese version of 'Botch'. However, James isn't the only one. If I recall, didn't Kenji call Kosaburo 'Kosanji' in one of the Hoso's?