PDA

View Full Version : Trigun/Trigun Maximum Manga Discussion

Fallen Guardian
30th April 2006, 7:15 AM
I have yet to see a thread for the Trigun manga, which is far more in depth and also much better than the Anime IMO.

Feel free to also discuss anything that you would like to ask about, or just plain express your joy from reading Trigun.

As for me I would like to know how many books he is planning on writing? It's already much longer and more in depth than the anime and I love how Knives and Vash have different "powers".

Fizz
30th April 2006, 7:52 AM
Well, I don't have any volumes, but I have read both Trigun volumes and up to eight of Maximum (that's the latest one, iirc) from borrowing them from one of my friends (she'll probly post here tomorrow). I think nine is gonna come out next month, but I dunno how many there're gonna be total.

The only thing I don't really like about the manga is the fact that the black and white sometimes makes it hard to tell what's going on, but other than that, I really like this series.

I kinda wish they had Knives's powers from the manga in the anime. It's better than a black Angel Arm, at least. And a random question, do you know if Wolfwood's gonna die in the manga?

Heh, "Spikey-ism"...

That Scary Clefairy
30th April 2006, 8:04 AM
I kinda wish they had Knives's powers from the manga in the anime. It's better than a black Angel Arm, at least. And a random question, do you know if Wolfwood's gonna die in the manga?

Heh, "Spikey-ism"...

yea, he dies but differently. happens in volume 10

I like Maximum a whole lot better than the anime. Much darker, deeper, and intense than many shonen anime. Pretty good in my book. Like many, I agree that some action scnes were hard to tell. Other than that, It awesome! Read on!

Fallen Guardian
30th April 2006, 8:12 AM
I have to agree, the black and white along with the way the characters speak often has me a bit confused as to who is saying what.

Thanks for hiding the spoiler but you made need to warn jusst in case someone doesn't realize what's under it.

As to how many volumes are going to be made, I can only hope and guess (I'd say at least up to 15 maybe even 20, my wallet feels emptier just thinking about it)

That Scary Clefairy
30th April 2006, 8:16 AM
I have to agree, the black and white along with the way the characters speak often has me a bit confused as to who is saying what.

Thanks for hiding the spoiler but you made need to warn jusst in case someone doesn't realize what's under it.

As to how many volumes are going to be made, I can only hope and guess (I'd say at least up to 15 maybe even 20, my wallet feels emptier just thinking about it)

I believe 15 volumes is more correct.

HK
1st May 2006, 4:24 AM
Ah, Trigun/Trigun Maximum, definitely one of my favorite manga series out there. 'A poetic western drama of idealistic dreams' fits the manga quite well as most of the characters are developed quite well and make for some truly memorable scenes. Nightow's progression as an artist is also evident when comparing the first chapters of Trigun to his latest chapter in Trigun Maximum. The differences are just astounding.

Well, I don't have any volumes, but I have read both Trigun volumes and up to eight of Maximum (that's the latest one, iirc) from borrowing them from one of my friends (she'll probly post here tomorrow). I think nine is gonna come out next month, but I dunno how many there're gonna be total.

Right now there are eleven volumes out in Japan with enough material for fourteen volumes. Nightow is taking a break in the latest issue of YKO (Young King Ours, which is the monthly magazine that the lastest chapters of Trigun Maximum are published in), and it can be guessed that he is taking this time to work on compiling and re-drawing some scenes for the volumes.

The only thing I don't really like about the manga is the fact that the black and white sometimes makes it hard to tell what's going on, but other than that, I really like this series.

The action was somewhat sloppy and hard to follow for the Trigun volumes and the first five or six volumes of Trigun Maximum. However, I'm not sure if I have gotten use to it or else Nightow has gotten better, but ever since volume seven the action has been kick-a*s and drawn much more smoothly.

For your question, and like TSC said above me... Wolfwood does indeed die in volume ten. His death is done quite well, and I do get a little choked up when I read his final moments, which don't consist of much dialogue. The few, simple words of parting and imagery are so damn powerful that anything else would make it drag on.

And as to how many volumes are going to be made... I think either fifteen or sixteen would be a good estimate as with recent chapter developments I'm not too sure how Nightow is going to pace the final chapters, since he has been slightly erratic.