PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Contamination

klducks
2nd May 2006, 12:29 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/uz/contamination.jpg
Contamination - Urza's Saga. Rare
2B: Enchantment
During your upkeep, sacrifice a creature or sacrifice Contamination.
Whenever a land is tapped for mana, it produces B instead of its normal type and amount.

wow, fun card. I can see this comboing with Honden of Life's Web or another form of constant token generator. versing a deck thats not black? hey this is a card for you. This is basically saying "no black cards? no spells for you". This can also make the Karoos BLEH aswell. You returned a land thinking you can produce 2 mana. Well, now you it produces 1 useless black mana. Pretty fun for mono black.

The Duck's Rating: 3/5

Shadow Trainer
2nd May 2006, 1:46 AM
A decent sideboard card for hating non-black decks, just got to make sure you have a creature every turn. 2/5

skiboydoggy
3rd May 2006, 6:44 AM
Yeah, so it emphasizes creature spammage and laughing loudly at your opponent's non-black deck...
Hmm...
Too bad there's no B to (Anything) version of Urza's Sunglasses.

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd May 2006, 12:27 PM
Pestilence deck = OWN WITH THIS!

Put down Pariah on a creature with protection from black, put down this card, and play away.....

I mean, just kill the guy already with Pestilence. He can't do anything to you and you can only suck the blood out of him. So full speed ahead, I say.

Of course, creatures with Dredge is a must, just in case it still is long and drawn out, but meh.

4/5.