PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Arcbound Fiend

klducks
2nd May 2006, 11:26 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/darksteel/arcbound_fiend.jpg
Arcbound Fiend - Darksteel. Uncommon
6: Artifact Creature
Fear
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may move a +1/+1 counter from target creature onto Arcbound Fiend.
Modular 3 (This comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. When it's put into a graveyard, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
0/0

This could be cool in the Simic casual with all those +1/+1 counters. The thing is, this guy has fear. That being said, this could be a BIG unblockable guy. I like it for Simic, otherwise... 6 mana is just too much for a Ravager deck, and there are other options aswell.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

Shadow Trainer
3rd May 2006, 4:21 AM
This can get big if you run alot of cards that use +1/+1 counters, seems alittle overcosted though. 2/5

skiboydoggy
3rd May 2006, 5:46 AM
As opposed to simply slapping down an Arcbound Overseer?
I really see not the point of it, therefore...
Never mind, I decided Arcbound Fiend sucked long ago.

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd May 2006, 11:23 AM

Give me 10 good reasons why this should be in an Arcbound Deck.

I don't really see the point. You could just take the Crusher and kill everything. Game over. End of story. Of course, you could argue that if Crusher gets screwed, you're screwed. Which is when you put down another one, but that's beside the point.

Seriously, this should be sideboarded at the very most. It definitely shouldn't stick the main spots of an Arcbound deck. No point.

1/5