http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/dissension/azorius_guildmage.jpg
Azorius Guildmage - Dissension. Uncommon
W/U W/U: Creature - Vedalken Wizard
(W/U can be paid with either W or U.)
2W: Tap target creature.
2U: Counter target activated ability.
(Mana abilities can't be targeted.)
2/2

Very cool. Being able to counter an activated ability? This makes Jitte VERY hard to use and other equipments aswell. And thats just the first thing. This says hello to so many things. Greater Good, other Guildmages, Sakura Tribe Elder, etc. Now the other ability isn't to shabby either. Heck, it's one of the best abilities of all guildmages. Being able to tap a creature? This is my favorite guildmage so far, and im glad im getting a foil one at the releases today.

The Duck's Rating: 3.5/5

Shadow Trainer
6th May 2006, 12:53 AM
Countering and tapping are always good, and it's a bear too. 3/5

skiboydoggy
6th May 2006, 5:05 AM
Vedalken? Oh well, I liked Mirrodin's four-armed ones better.
Let's see... Counter target ability is very, very lol against many players. How it is so, I shall not bother to elaborate.
Tapping creatures is good as well, though it works slightly less well than the Sandsower and Selesnya Guildmage together...

Felix Feral Fezirix
7th May 2006, 2:21 AM
Ouch.

This card owns.

Most combos requiring ablities will get owned by this little guy. (Which is A LOT) Of course, it can be simply Fettered out of the way, but it's still that damn good. Tapping and ability countering? This one takes the cake.

4/5.

~RaikouRider243~
12th May 2006, 8:09 AM
Most combos requiring ablities will get owned by this little guy. (Which is A LOT) Of course, it can be simply Fettered out of the way, but it's still that damn good. Tapping and ability countering? This one takes the cake.

That's what Simic Guildmage is for. Move that fetters onto a land and watch your opponent cry.

Azorius is by far the best guildmage of the ten. Even better than Selesnya, which now has to move to the number 2 spot.

4/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
12th May 2006, 1:11 PM
Eh......YOu could always screw both.

skiboydoggy
14th May 2006, 1:37 PM
Well, it can supposedly beat the Nullmage by constantly countering I guess, which makes it useful in some situations...