PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Voidslime

klducks
9th May 2006, 12:58 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/dissension/voidslime.jpg
Voidslime - Dissension. Rare
GUU: Instant
Counter target spell, activated ability, or triggered ability.
(Mana abilities can't be targeted.)
It is technically an ooze, but its lifespan measures only seconds. In that short time, its appetite for magic is extraordinary.
-Simic research notes

Looking at this card look at the ability first. "Counter target spell, cool... activated ability as well? awesome. *look at mana cost* GUU, seems fair. Oh wait theres more... TRIGGERED ABILITY!?". Yep, it's a stifle and counterspell in one. The diversity of this card is awesome while the mana cost of this card isn't. If you have a smooth mana curve, run this.

The Duck's Rating: 3.25/5

~RaikouRider243~
9th May 2006, 2:49 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=114008

2.5/5

klducks
9th May 2006, 11:29 PM
ugh, just read your pm.

bleh, you got all the good cards for COTD =\

Felix Feral Fezirix
11th May 2006, 1:32 PM
4/5. Forgot to place my rating last time. >_<

klducks, you were waay too late. But it wasn't your fault. ^^

bowsermaster12
12th May 2006, 12:44 AM
Its a so-so card. You can counter a spell or stop an ability which is ok. Is it a great card? No, I got this card and even knew it would be ajunk rare in the dollar bin.

2/5, and im being nice on the score here

Felix Feral Fezirix
12th May 2006, 7:17 AM
It's so-so till you see TRIGGERED ability. You could easily combo this with Hunted Horror in a five-colour deck to get a 7/7 Trample monster on your 5th turn (if you're lucky) Ouch. Who doesn't like it?

~RaikouRider243~
12th May 2006, 8:57 AM
It's so-so till you see TRIGGERED ability. You could easily combo this with Hunted Horror in a five-colour deck to get a 7/7 Trample monster on your 5th turn (if you're lucky) Ouch. Who doesn't like it?

Actually with the use of dual/painlands and some mana accel you could get it out earlier. Still, a 7/7 trampler on turn 5 is SCARY.

Felix Feral Fezirix
12th May 2006, 2:14 PM
I have Hunted Horror. I just need to get my Pestilence deck back from my teacher (damn my stupid friend for playing with them in class) and then figure out how to stop those two 3/3 Green Centaur tokens from appearing. >_< Yeah. It's only BB.

Still......This has to go into a five-colour deck.

bowsermaster12
12th May 2006, 9:27 PM

Oh wow you got rid of the tokens what ever will i do? [SARCASM!]

Shall i list all the creature removals here or just give you a pat on the back for your stupid plan of trying to win.

- Voyager Staff will give me tokens as much as i want, unless you have a ton of slimes and this is an uncommon hardly ever used.
- Teysa, Orzhov Scion will get rid of it with out much work in a b/w deck.
- Disembowel, How i love this card.
- Wrecking Ball my favorite and cheap for a two choiser.

Thats just Ravnica block and that only 4 cards, as you can see most if not all colors have a removeal spell, a counter spell or a destroy spell.

Felix Feral Fezirix
13th May 2006, 5:56 PM
Hai. Go look at the card effect, Mr.

Hunted Horror (http://gatherer.wizards.com/gathererlookup.asp?name=Hunted+Horror&x=0&y=0)

When Hunted Horror comes into play, put into play 2 3/3 Green Centaur tokens with protection from black into play under target opponent's control.

Wrecking Ball + Disembowel + Tesya = No effect.
Voyager Staff = Not permanent + One use only.

Which is why I want that Voidslime. Sorta.

And yes, Pestilence decks are Black/White. What, hit myself without life gaining ultilities? That's just stupid. <_<

Oh, and about trying for killing my Hunted Horror, don't worry, it'll die soon enough. Go look at Pestilence's effect, and tell me how do you expect anything except me and some monsters to thrive when I pull 10 black mana.

skiboydoggy
14th May 2006, 2:48 PM
Erm... -Raises eyebrow-
GUU...
If it was 1GU I would like it much better, much, much better.

Felix Feral Fezirix
14th May 2006, 5:31 PM
Don't we all?

~RaikouRider243~
14th May 2006, 5:49 PM
If it cost 1GU, it would break the rule for hard counters. All hard counterspells have to cost at least UU.

Felix Feral Fezirix
15th May 2006, 5:45 AM
They would like to promote the idea of balance, therefore we can't ever have another cheap spellcounter......

Wait, but Annul is a hard counter for artifact/enchantment spells.

Never mind.

skiboydoggy
15th May 2006, 5:46 AM
And all Spiders have to have higher toughness than power too.

Felix Feral Fezirix
15th May 2006, 3:02 PM
WHen did Spiders come into the equation?