PDA

View Full Version : Ranger or Mysterious Dungeon?

Levski
9th May 2006, 7:30 PM
I searched and didn't find a thread about this so: which game are you going to get; Pokemon Ranger or Mysterious Dungeon? I think I will get Ranger.

Deathborn_606
9th May 2006, 7:40 PM
Mysterious dungeon sounds liek a better game so I'll get that.

zonic the hedgehog
9th May 2006, 7:52 PM
Already have Ranger, and I'm defintiely going to buy Mysterious Dungeon (probably Blue Force).

I voted both. :D

water types rule
9th May 2006, 11:51 PM
If I get a DS, which will take a while(I'm waiting to get a used one, when price goes down). I'll get Mysterious Dungeon, I don't plan on ever getting Ranger. I'd also like to get Trozei if I ever get a DS, but that's sorta off-topic.

halloweenghost
10th May 2006, 12:39 AM
Both! but I don't have a DS yet so I'll more likely start with the GBA dungeon... I'm hoping it'll still be like that for here?

mewfanforlife
10th May 2006, 3:11 AM
I will buy Dungeon, probably blue, but not Ranger. I just don't think ranger has much replay value.

Mega Trickster
10th May 2006, 5:02 AM
I will buy both. I have a MD Red coming in the mail. I could get Ranger too if I really wanted to.

Pikamiki
10th May 2006, 9:23 AM
both definitely both!

Char1016
10th May 2006, 11:02 AM
I think i'll get both.

T BLAZE
10th May 2006, 11:30 AM
Im Going To Get Both I Need Something New To Play

Caterpie Master
10th May 2006, 4:18 PM
Dungeon....
Maybe Ranger later, but first dungeon, since I don't have a DS.....
Now only wait for the European release.......

azurill
10th May 2006, 6:30 PM
MD Blue DEFINETLY,seems like a TON better{and release sooner}

Pokemon4Ever
11th May 2006, 4:32 AM
I am going to do whatever I can to get both but I'll get Mystery Dungeon first.

Mega Trickster
11th May 2006, 4:36 AM
Dungeon....
Maybe Ranger later, but first dungeon, since I don't have a DS.....
Now only wait for the European release.......

You don't need to wait you can always order English ones on the internet (not Ebay or any other bidding crap site).

I'm pretty sure I'll get both of them now :)

~Flareon~
11th May 2006, 6:24 AM
I think I will get Pokemon Ranger.

[Kingdra]
11th May 2006, 6:49 AM
Mysterious dungeon sounds liek a better game so I'll get that.Same here I do liek too

[AceAussie]
11th May 2006, 9:29 AM
both but i really mean is all three

Bulbatordile
11th May 2006, 9:36 AM
Same here- I'll end up getting both games and both versions of dungeon! -I have so little else to do with my time!...

Vaporeon
11th May 2006, 12:54 PM
I want Ranger!
I don't know why.
I just do.
o_O;
!

Omega Pirate
11th May 2006, 12:57 PM
Both, they're both completely different games, it's not like asking if people will buy either Diamond or Pearl games that will be 90% the same.

Blazichu
11th May 2006, 3:59 PM
I might get Mysterious dungeon or both

Caterpie Master
11th May 2006, 5:41 PM
You don't need to wait you can always order English ones on the internet (not Ebay or any other bidding crap site).

I'm pretty sure I'll get both of them now :)
Hey, that's an idea!!!!
Then I'll get them both....
ranger seems to be nice also, but i still like dungeon better, and i still don't have a DS :(

◘Ins0mnIac◘
11th May 2006, 10:29 PM
Oy Ranger looks AWFUL. I am definately getting MD though. Looks amazing.

Jolteon Jordan
14th May 2006, 3:09 PM
Mystery Dungeon is the Game for me. I hope I get turned to a ;133;. I'll Probably get Blue first then later I'll get Red. I can't wait for the part when ;381; and ;380; join my rescue team.

FireHead Hank
14th May 2006, 3:16 PM
I dont think I'll buy any of them.....but IF I would, I'd buy Mistery Dungeon.

Moonlight Locust
14th May 2006, 4:44 PM
I'm buying both versions of Mystery Dungeon.Maybe Ranger but I'll just vote Mystery Dungeon.
-Blue Meowth;manafi;

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
14th May 2006, 6:22 PM
I'll get all three. Dungeon red and blue and Ranger

Prelude
14th May 2006, 7:04 PM
I'll probably get all three...

Wow, I've got 6 games on my list now...

~Sirnight~
14th May 2006, 7:09 PM
I think that Dungeon looks fun becasue it actually uses the battle system in a new, turn-based way. Not to mention there al ot of more other things like Celebii and all that good stuff.

MidnightScott
14th May 2006, 7:54 PM
I'm going to get both. Both concepts are really cool - these games look so awesome!

I can't wait!

~Scott;229;

Dex
14th May 2006, 8:34 PM
Obviously both, I'm too picky.

vaerna
15th May 2006, 3:13 AM
If I want to get that baby pokemon I guess I'll have to buy them. :P I have enough games to manage right now....going slowly insane.

zuloon
15th May 2006, 3:58 AM
Both, but only because Ranger gets Manafi.

[AceAussie]
15th May 2006, 7:41 AM
i really don't care about manafi i just think the game is awsome

Alzi
15th May 2006, 8:50 AM
i rekon both of them will be kool but some of them will have diffrent pokemon in it and the other 1 has like different pokemon in it

and sorry drifshaft for brekin da rules b4 coz i got band sorry bout dat bro

Metal Force
15th May 2006, 9:15 AM
I'l; get both, because I like both of them!

zonic the hedgehog
15th May 2006, 11:10 AM
Oy Ranger looks AWFUL. I am definately getting MD though. Looks amazing.

I'm the only one who actually likes the game... (seriously, I was addicted to it the moment I started playing) -.-;

I think the game is pretty good, it's just too short, like most DS games are.

It only took a week to beat, but it was a lot of fun in that amount of time (too bad Kyogre and Groudon are probably the easiest legendaries to catch in that game, and Rayquaza is just a b*tch to catch).

[AceAussie]
15th May 2006, 1:23 PM
well now i'm really going to buy these games

fhqwhgads
16th May 2006, 2:24 PM
Mysterious Dungeon. Ranger gets a meh from me. The Mysterious Dungeon thing really looks cool to me.

Violet
16th May 2006, 7:23 PM
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (blue version). The concept is fresh and looking at the information on this site makes me excited over it. There are like just under 50 dungeons and so many different combos it screams replayability.

Fiangard
17th May 2006, 6:41 AM
Dungeon just looks cool. I've wanted a game where you play the pokemon for too long XD. Ranger, well I'll probably get that, so I have more than like 2 DS games. Does DS Lite come out on June 11th?

pharaohguy530
20th May 2006, 6:50 PM
Both. I'm thinking of getting Jap Ranger now....

Blaze Dragon
20th May 2006, 11:39 PM
Mysterious Dungeon Red (Red is for the GBA?) because:
1)I don´t have a DS
2)All the idea of catching and releasing Pokemon is bad.
3)I want to sense how is playing in Pokemon Form

nardjr16
21st May 2006, 7:14 AM
dungeon will be far more longer than ranger, and it will have better gameplay, all pokemon, and a better storyline.But i will still get both seeing as how they will be released quite some ways from each other.

Mr_Confused
21st May 2006, 7:53 PM
mysterious dungeon red

bobbyjames1717
24th May 2006, 2:30 PM
ive ordered blue dungeon now, and its on its way to me as i write, but i think i will get ranger when it comes out, i didnt want it first because i don't think it has that much replay value plus i really love battling and it says that there is a minimal amount (if any battling) on the game ....ps EEVEE ROCKS!!!!

Anikin
24th May 2006, 2:43 PM
I'm going to get both for sure.

Saraform
24th May 2006, 2:52 PM
Neither; I will not play a role in the degradation of the traditional games.

The above is meant to come across as criticism in the bold sense of the word.

Raine_Skylock
24th May 2006, 3:20 PM
the pokemon ranger game is a great game as if you are playing the DP. The Mysterious Dungeon game is truly different, playing as a Pokemon. Well, I got all 3 games in Japanese version. But if you are in a budget, wait till the Ranger to come out because it is a pre-patch for DP. the Mysterious Dungeon is just a stand alone game to me.

Theneedleman
24th May 2006, 11:44 PM
I want to get both, but if I can only get one I will probably get mysterious dungeon blue.

hobohunter
25th May 2006, 1:00 AM
I will get all three but if I could only choose one it would be MD Blue

jirachiken
25th May 2006, 1:43 AM
I'm gonna get them all. Ranger looks like fun and I want different starters for the dungeon games.

Auraninja
25th May 2006, 1:57 AM
They both look good, but in different ways.

Ranger looks good because it's like a new way to be a trainer. It has good elements in the game and it does have Manafi. The gameplay looks pretty good as well.

Mysterious Dungeon is more off the wall from a regular Pokemon game. You actually get to play as the Pokemon and you can bet to see all of the first three generations.

Both would be nice games to have.

Magma Grunt Alex
25th May 2006, 3:15 AM
I'll get both on the first day they come out and I will be the first one to buy it *Like the other pokemon games.*

Zora
25th May 2006, 3:40 AM
Ranger, I am just getting to recieve a cute little water poke.

The Big Al
26th May 2006, 2:38 AM
I'm getting Mysterious Dungeon without a doubt.

However, if controlling Pokemon ranger is anything like using toe cables to trip walkers in Star Wars games I'm screwed. So I'll likely not buy ranger.

intergalactic platypus
26th May 2006, 2:50 AM
I think Ranger looks like its of minimal interest, but Dungeon seems awesome. I'll get MD for sure

Kikas123
26th May 2006, 2:56 AM
Good Point, also there'ye pretty differnt and they look really good! as most Pokemon games do!

Manene
26th May 2006, 3:50 AM
I'm going to get Mysterious Dungeon for sure! Ranger is probaly the most pathetic Pokemon game I've ever seen. Dungeon, however, seems very interesting and quite oringinal.

Manene out;manene;

zonic the hedgehog
26th May 2006, 8:08 AM
Ranger is probaly the most pathetic Pokemon game I've ever seen.

I think I just died inside. ;_;

Am I the ONLY person who ADORES Pokemon Ranger?

Then again, I am one of the few here who has actually played it and beaten it, so I suppose all opinions here are judgmental by pictures and description. :\
Just to let you all know, it's really not that bad. ;\

Personally, I think it's an interesting and unique take on Pokemon, and the game is somewhat challenging, even though it is short.

Besides, what other Pokemon game has other Pokemon trying to beat the living crap out of the person you actually play as? Jesus, it's funny how Heracross will totally PWN you with a single attack that sends you flying, and yet, you never die (though you do get hurt).

Metropolis
26th May 2006, 10:01 AM
I'm going to get Mysterious Dungeon for sure! Ranger is probaly the most pathetic Pokemon game I've ever seen. Dungeon, however, seems very interesting and quite oringinal.

Manene out;manene;

I agree with the MD bit, but not the ranger bit.

Ranger seems OK, not pathetic, but not that great. I'll probably end up getting it sooner or later, but MD is a definate. I just love all the new ideas in it, and how you can get every pokemon without having to trade. :)

samuelrz
26th May 2006, 1:16 PM
I will probably buy Mysterious Dungeon (red). I passed so many hours on Serebii.net, reading the page about MD, I just can't wait! But another reason that I won't take Ranger or MD (blue): I don't have a Nintendo DS...

Kinjiru
26th May 2006, 2:07 PM
I'll buy both. But I think I'll enjoy Pokémon Dungeon Blue more. I always wanted to play as the Pokémon self instead of their trainers.

shadowofdreams
28th May 2006, 10:00 PM
i will probably get both.
EDIT: shelldude1, you will have to trade between versions to get certain pokemon.

winxmaster
31st May 2006, 8:10 PM
PokeMon Ranger, hands down! I think it looks better, and I know that it will be the only way to get Manafi in D/P, so I'm going to go with that one. Eventually I will have both, though.

Kingdra
4th June 2006, 3:56 AM
At first i wasn't too excited with ranger when i figured out that you don't get to keep your pokemon for too long, but it looks like a cool game and has better graphics than mystery dungeon.

JuicyPaperclip
4th June 2006, 4:42 AM
Ranger will be bad becuase it has a FIXED storyline, in that once the game ends, you wont be able to do much else. And many pokemon in your team you use and then they run away. In MD it looks like you can still raise them and keep going through the randomised dungeons etc. There is still plenty of options. I never buy any games with a fixed storyline, like games based on movies which is pokemon ranger. I always buy games like Ruby, Emerald, all the pokemon rpg's, I bought animal Crossing DS (love it to death its soooo addictive!!), and games with plenty of wi-fi gameplay and options.

Divine_Light
4th June 2006, 9:56 AM
I voted both, cos i'm getting both

DJ N
5th June 2006, 9:37 PM
Probably both games. They are unlike other pokemon games in that they are a different take on pokemon and they are RPG's. They could also have some functionality with diamond and pearl...

SneaselDude777
9th June 2006, 3:57 AM
both. they're completely different.
it'snt like sapphire and ruby or diamond and pearl where they're practically the same.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
9th June 2006, 3:33 PM
PokeMon Ranger, hands down! I think it looks better, and I know that it will be the only way to get Manafi in D/P, so I'm going to go with that one. Eventually I will have both, though.

lol too bad you have to get a ticket that's unavailable anywhere in the entire world at the moment to get your dear Manaphy :)

This probably the easiest Poll I've come across in a long time. Mysterious Dungeon. Unless that ticket somehow becomes accessible in some asinine way, there's no way I'll get Ranger. Overglorified and undersatisfying, from what I can tell. Pictures be damned, playing it through isn't going to change my opinion. Mysterious Dungean has has me enthralled from day one, and I'm eagerly awaiting its release.

Delighted to see Mysterious Dungeon trouncing Ranger in the Polls, btw ;D

Manene out;manene;

I agree with this post. Ranger looks like the sad lovechild of MD and R/S/E. It tries to incorporate the voyaging around the world like Dungeon, but it also tries to cram in some familiar aspects of the mainstream GBA games. As a result, we get a sad, watered-down version of both games. I'll buy D/P. I'll buy MD Blue and Red. But I'm not buying Ranger so I can get a little bit of both that'll last me a few days, at best. There's just no point to buying Ranger when MD and D/P are out, unless you get your sad kicks out of nicking Pokémon out of the wild to accomplish some really mundane tasks.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion