PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Engineered Plague

klducks
10th May 2006, 11:11 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ul/engineered_plague.jpghttp://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/7e/engineered_plague.jpg
Engineered Plague - Urza's Legacy, 7th Edition. Uncommon
2B: Enchantment
When Engineered Plague comes into play, choose a creature type.
All creatures of the chosen type get -1/-1.
"The admixture of bitterwort in the viral brew has produced most favorable results."
-Phyrexian progress notes
-----
A single germ can kill more soldiers than ten thousand blades.

Pretty cool card. It can be handy for knocking out those many tokens. Name saproling vs Vitu Ghazi or Insect vs Beacon of Creation or Illusion vs Meloku and walla! A little better then Night of Souls Betrayal since you have the option to not make it effect your own creatures as well as it isn't legendary. Pretty cool for a filler card anyway.

The Duck's Rating: 2.75/5

Shadow Trainer
10th May 2006, 11:58 PM
A nice card to sideboard against tribal decks. 3/5

~RaikouRider243~
11th May 2006, 6:57 AM
I've had this thrown at my Selesnya before, and I've made sure to disenchant/naturalize it the moment it enters play. This card is the bane of token decks.

Of course, that's become less of a problem since I tossed the two Anthems in there.

2.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
11th May 2006, 12:17 PM
That hasn't come in contact with any of my decks at all, but I'm sure they survive well. Very well, in fact. My Selesnya deck went into random creatures overkill, and my Pestilence deck will just take out its Disenchant and work it's magic......

Yeah, it's a friggin' good field wiper. But it's much more of a filler than something put actively in your deck. Still, it's good against token spam decks. Rawr. Though it won't last long, it'll stay long enough for extermination of 1/1 creatures.....

Irritated Unworthy Dead: DOWN WITH MYR OVERLOAD!!!!

Yeah.

2.9/5

skiboydoggy
14th May 2006, 1:31 PM
So... Basically this is just asking everyone to please place a Myr Matrix into their decks...
Yeah, I guess.

Felix Feral Fezirix
14th May 2006, 4:16 PM
Eh.....But it's OLD. SKi, we won't be seeing this anywhere near us in the near future, do we?