PDA

View Full Version : My Website

Shivla'k
11th May 2006, 1:51 AM
Hanyou Homepage (http://kye-luckett.tripod.com)

Please tell me what you think, I just got it up and I haven't had much time to mess around with it, so it's not much right now.

Jetx
12th May 2006, 8:47 PM
Pretty good, there's a bit too many ads for my liking, looks like you're off to a good start. But don't go full on advertising until you're really ready to properly open it.

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
14th May 2006, 7:52 AM
Uh, Tripod, no... Awardspace, yes... thats my first though, cut down on pics at the mo, and focus on getting pages up. =)

Faltzer
18th May 2006, 12:22 AM
Get off tripod. Get Mihopa or Awardspace. 100 webspace is decent. Stop using pre-made tripod layouts. Those aren't a good choice.

Pokemon Element
28th May 2006, 12:31 AM
use http://addyour.net for free ad free hosting
and music on a page usually pushes people away

Faltzer
30th May 2006, 2:10 AM
addyour.net isn't such a good host for me. I've tried it before.

Chaotic Houndoom
30th May 2006, 2:13 AM
Very good! But too many ads. >o;

Greek Saw
30th May 2006, 2:16 AM
Too many adds, but other than that, I like it very much. The colors match a lot with the pictures. I think you should center the main body a bit more. Did you use HTML or something like that?

Magma Leader Maxie
30th May 2006, 11:38 AM
Hahahah...embedded sound! First time I'm not complaining, that music is quiet and calming. I love it and completely approve of it!

Layout is pre-made...:(

I only saw one ad, since I have an ad-blocker and Javascript turned off. But seriously, there are much better hosts out there. I personally suggest www.byethost.com.

Content-wise not bad, but you can always improve. And don't listen to suggestions about ditching images. Why does everyone underestimate the incredibly large importance of having a fairly large ammount of images on your site? Images >>> text. If you have a fusion of images and text, displayed properly and well-arranged, you have mastered the art of designing a website.