PDA

View Full Version : The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

Serebii
11th May 2006, 6:23 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/452.jpgThe Ole' Berate & Switch!

After failing to capture Pikachu and finally one up the twerps. Jessie, James & Meowth decide to go their seperate ways within the Team Rocket Organisation and end up teaming up with their rivals...Butch & Cassidy. Butch teams up with Jessie which Cassidy goes with James. Both teams have their eyes set on showing that they work and capturing Pikachu. Will they do this and will Jessie & James reunite?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/452.shtml)

Discuss

DSRGBA
11th May 2006, 8:55 PM
has anyone seen this yet i want to know what happens...

Silent Conversation
11th May 2006, 9:59 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/452.jpgTeam Rocket's Disbandment!? Respective Roads!

After failing to capture Pikachu and finally one up the twerps. Jessie, James & Meowth decide to go their seperate ways within the Team Rocket Organisation and end up teaming up with their rivals...Butch & Cassidy. Butch teams up with Jessie which Cassidy goes with James. Both teams have their eyes set on showing that they work and capturing Pikachu. Will they do this and will Jessie & James reunite?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/452.shtml)

Discuss

what happens to Meowth?

NoDot
12th May 2006, 1:44 AM
General rule: you shouldn't post in the episode's discussion thread unless you've seen it or screenshots. It saves people form junk like the above.

Closer to the topic, I await this episode, and I hope to enjoy it. I shall return when I've actually seen it...

dannyphantomhott
12th May 2006, 5:03 AM
Hope every one enjoyed the episode. I'm curious about what happens to Meowth as well. Poor Ash get's teamed up on LOL, two Team Rockets trying to get his pal. Can't wait for the images and reviews...

Shining_Espeon
12th May 2006, 5:07 AM
Cannot wait until pictures go up. This sounds like an awesome episode. We finally get confrontation between Butch and Cassidy and Ash and Co since Johto.

Haha. I bet Ash and Co. were really confused by the switch.

Poor Ash :'(
It's bad enough that Jessie and James are always after Pikachu. Now he has Butch and Cassidy (on the new teams) to deal with as well.

What happened to Meowth? Did he become his own third "team"?

nachocheeez
12th May 2006, 7:21 AM
Ohhhhh, this is sooooo exciting!!! Finally a good story line with TR. This will probably take years to come to Australia so I will be definately looking at the pics and trying to work out what happened.

JazzJazz
12th May 2006, 8:45 AM
This will probably take years to come to Australia so I will be definately looking at the pics and trying to work out what happened.

People always say this, but we've currently got season 8 screening so I'm sure that season 9 will come next year or late this year... it's not as bad here as a lot of people make out.

nachocheeez
12th May 2006, 9:41 AM
LOL... is it season 8 on now??? Oops. See I'm actually from Australia but I didn't even know what season it was, I haven't been paying attention and I always miss the theme song so I don't know what season it is. So season 9 might actually come here eventually... :D that's good to know!

Also, when this episode is shown in America could someone upload it on YouTube? Thanks :)

FireHead Hank
12th May 2006, 11:25 AM
I've seen the pics.
Looks like Butch and Cassidy have organized some kind of pokmeon tournament, with the plan to steal the peoples pokemon. It is Meowth who brings Team Rocket back together by reminding them that they had a great friendship and stuff. I like that we see Rocket "Grunts" in this episode, it shows us that Team Rocket really isnt just "Jessie, James and Meowth"....

ŁańkaŃ
12th May 2006, 12:31 PM
Ya just saw pics...lot of TR memebers....beside Butch and Cassidy...

Cassidy pulls James with her...and Jessie gets ****** or jealous and pulls Butch with her...

yea the tournment got Ash some experience and soem nice Corpish battle time...

omg the flow of pokeballs amazing...Butch and Cassidy are good but not good with the twerps

TR should do the same go away from ASH!!

Almighty Zard
12th May 2006, 1:18 PM
Wow other trainers actually fending off TR grunts, that had to be the highlight of the episode, Nice to see a Rhydon effortlessly crush something. Poor Doduo never had a chance.

HoennMaster
12th May 2006, 1:39 PM
It never has and never will

skarmachild
12th May 2006, 1:43 PM
*yawn*
Didn't think the writers would be able to do something special.

Steffrox
12th May 2006, 2:07 PM
awww Kawaii, i love tr episodes, glad the got back together and things went' back to normal.
i loved how jessie got annoyed and kicked that fire extinguisher

http://www.pixpond.com/1/7h8h6.JPG

lol trust them to go to exactly the same place as each other

The Big Al
12th May 2006, 2:44 PM
Cassidy and Butch have offically gone down hill rehashibng Jessie and James' old idea. The scary part that it was actually Working until J&J showed up.

Other than that it was a rather ho-hum filler which was only saved by the gang battle in the end and the humor all around.

Steffrox
12th May 2006, 3:34 PM
lol it was funny how cassidy just chaved james to annoy jessie, and pulled him down the hall, i really wish that fire extinguisher had smacked her in the head cos she is a little bit of a cow. I still like her tho. I was pleased to see all those grunts as well

Yamato-san
12th May 2006, 5:39 PM
I saw the episode, and it was a pretty good one. I'd expect nothing less from a Rocket-centered filler.

-when Rocket Dan are kidnapping Pikachu at the beginning, Pikachu actually escapes by simply unhinging a lock on its cage. XD
-shortly before splitting up, Musashi mentions having a talking Persian, which obviously makes Nyaasu emo.
-sweet, a One-day Tournament in which Heigani gets some battle spotlight, plus a Kairos gets to appear. Distract people from getting their Monster Balls stolen by having a tournament... why can't more Rocket schemes be like this?^^
-LOL! Garagara gets KOed, and then its Bonemerang returns to bounce off of its head. Nice touch.
-Yamato wore a mask of Joy, in which the mouth didn't even move (but as you'd expect, it was enough to fool anybody).
-we get to see more of Takeshi and his strange reactions around fakes. Masato pulls him by the ear only for Takeshi to say he didn't feel anything (it's worth noting that when he asks "Joy" to clean his Monster Balls, he doesn't do it in some over-the-top flirty manner like usual). Haruka makes note of this when Masato reveals Joy was a fake.
-Yamato mentions Nanba, getting his name wrong again. Out of nowhere, Nanba calls her to correct it.
-is it just me, or when Yamato/Musashi were asking Kojirou/Kosaburou to pair up with them, they did it in a very seductive manner? Some people in the shipping business are gonna have a field day, I just know it.
-when both switched-up duos do their respective mottos, Musashi and Kojirou were saying lines from their new motto, while Yamato and Kosaburou are using their lines from their unchanged mottos. These mottos have different formats (since Yamato/Kosaburou's motto have the same format as Musashi/Kojirou's old one). As you can guess, there was a bit of confusion (and the girls getting frustrated XD).
-Takeshi calls Kojirou "Kosanji" (which Kosaburou is constantly mistaken for).
-some of the audience members of the stadium were disguised as Rocket grunts (though, it's a bit of an insult that they're using unevolved Pokemon like Zubat and Dodo while all those kids have things like Saidon and Kapoera... and this is the friggin organization here, not the usual comic-relief guys).
-this is interesting.... when Satoshi-tachi are giving their speech on the importance of their Pokemon and all the memories, journeys, etc. they share together from the time they meet, we see still-shots of Satoshi recieving Pikachu (and in his pajamas I might add... that's better continuity than that "World of Pokemon" thing played before some of the older movies), a scene of Pikachu battling, and... get this, a scene of the group along with Achamo and Oosubame. I can understand the significance of Achamo, since it's Haruka's first Pokemon and goes along with the scene of Satoshi getting his Pikachu, but what was the purpose of Oosubame? Seems kinda wierd, especially considering Oosubame and Achamo were around together for a rather brief time before Achamo evolved.
-that Morphon and Ledian seen in the preview just belonged to some random grunt and some random kid during the big brawl.
-three vocal songs are featured this episode. Maemuki Rocket Dan (which was kind of a given) played at the beginning, Pokemon Symphonic Medley plays when the Monster Balls are rolling into the stadium and a bit into the fight with Rocket Dan, and Nyaasu no Uta when Nyaasu is bringing up how they used to divide everything three ways before breaking up that biscuit he found earlier (right before the moment's interrupted by a kid coming up and having Saidon use Fury Attack on them). Maemuki Rocket Dan plays a second time, after Yamato/Kosaburou are blasted off and when Musashi/Kojirou do their motto.
-Rocket Dan blast off saying "Ii kanji!" (This feels good!), as opposed to the usual opposite. They're apparently too relieved to be back together to care.
-OK, I forgot to mention this last episode, but what the f*** is with that "Remembering Pokemon DX" for the Trivia Quiz? Where does the "DX" come in? It actually seems even more retarded than the regular "Remembering Pokemon". At least that called for being sure to spot certain details in the scene. This just asks you to recognize 6 Pokemon, then replaces one with its evolution. Wooh! I noticed Dodo got replaced by Dodrio, I'm a friggin genius. God, this thing gets dumber by the second.... is Orchid's lecture ever gonna come back?

Torkoal Stu
12th May 2006, 5:45 PM
Ok here's my review:

* Cassidy as Nurse Joy as good, but the thing is did Brock fall in love with this Joy? Since he doesn't fall in love with fake Joy's (Brock's sixth sense I guess :P) but if he did that means he fell in love with Cassidy o_o;

* James and Cassidy reactions were hilarious, nice since we've never really seen them react to each other. Same for Jessie and Butch.

* Good the writers didn't forget about Namba, he had like a corner shot....:P

* Ash had to enter like a continuous tournament with Corphish, yawn...

* Max is the one who found out James and Cassidy, so go Max.

* WTF? More Corphish then all these grunts appear and start fighting everyone.

* Someone care to explain these scenes to me (1 (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3056/2744yr.jpg), 2 (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5444/2756dn.jpg), 3 (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6378/2763jb.jpg))

I know they are flashbacks kinda but why? Anyone know?

* Offically hate the previews, damn Ledian and Venomoth. And Castform and Skarmory to for that matter.

* Wow ha ha everything's back to normal again......:P

Damnit Corphish, that was just overdose of it.

Blazken
12th May 2006, 6:24 PM
This look like a funnie ep. And was about team Rocket did somthing else beside get in the way of Ash and co

crawdauntpro
12th May 2006, 6:44 PM
What was the name of the Tournament that Ash entered?

jolteonjak
12th May 2006, 6:48 PM
What attack did Pinsir use with his horns glowing? Is that its Vicegrip?

Yamato-san
12th May 2006, 7:14 PM
crawdauntpro, it was being called a "One-day Tournament". jolteonjak, it was using Guillotine.

The Big Al
12th May 2006, 7:41 PM
"DX" stands for Deluxe as if it was better than the original.

I think this episode will make people glad that 4Kids is no longer dubbing if PUSA keeps all the original music (including the songs hopefully).

Truth be told, I think Cassidy could have pulled it off better if she dyed her hair pink and tied it like Nurse Joys and wore blue contacts than the mask. Maybe even convince Brock.

crawdauntpro
12th May 2006, 8:15 PM
crawdauntpro, it was being called a "One-day Tournament". jolteonjak, it was using Guillotine.

Thanks Yamato-san, 'preciate it.

Gravy
12th May 2006, 8:15 PM
DX is also the reverse of the old XD smily face, often used to show disgust or distaste for something.
And personally, I think that works a lot better than it being used as an abbreviation of Deluxe. Because, y'know...the trivia quiz really is enough to disgust any viewer.

CyberCubed
12th May 2006, 8:21 PM
Heh, this episode was really good! Chalk up yet another winner for the Battle Frontier arc.

I was not expecting a mini-tournament in this episode at all, that was a nice subplot. Corphish once again proves it really doesn't need to evolve, taking down Marowak and Pinsir. At this point I really do think Corphish is going to fall in the same boat as Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

It's not like Ash's Squirtle ever gave a reason to not evolve either, so I think Corphish is going to be the same at this point.

The whole Butch/Jessie, Cassidy/James bit was great. Jessie's temper was great when she kicked the fire extinquisher...not to mention Jessie kicking Butch in the face! LOL!

I was also surprised to see other Rocket grunts there, and the normal trainers fighting them off. I just got a RBY flashback here....c'mon writers, make Ash and co. go to Silph Company!

There were some really emotional Team Rocket scenes in this episode. Loved Meowth talking really fast about splitting the food into three...rofl.

Fantastic episode, and next week we get to see Jessie/James battling Ash and Brock at Pewter Gym! I love this saga. :x

Ashy Boy
12th May 2006, 10:10 PM
I thought this would be the end of Team Rocket. I guess it was too good to be true. I'm really sorry for being nasty about Team Rocket. The show wouldn't be the same without them, even if they are a nuisance.

ChaosMage
12th May 2006, 10:23 PM
OK, I saw the pictures, avoiding reading anything beforehand to spoil the episode. I was literally on the edge of my seat thinking that maybe, just maybe, Corphish might evolve. But I agree with Cybercubed, it doesn't need to. However, wouldn;t that be a great battle against Brandon's Regirock?

Crystal Clair
12th May 2006, 10:48 PM
CASSIDY!
8D now that's what I call Crystal Clair fanservice!
Ugh, one of those episodes when I want the team twerp just to back out... why cant Cassidy and Butch do a traditional exit anymore!? Stupid writers!
btw, before I came to Pokemon fansites where Ash, May and Misty fans overrun the places, I used to go through lots of sites where we refered all the "good guys" as Team Twerp. I still do once in a while and whenever Cassidy gets a cameo or an episode.
I still love Clair an inch better though.

JazzJazz
12th May 2006, 11:10 PM
Was the attack corphish used (with the orange orbs) newly-learned? What was it exactly as I haven't seen it before (not being used by corphish anyway).

Gravy
12th May 2006, 11:32 PM
Was the attack corphish used (with the orange orbs) newly-learned? What was it exactly as I haven't seen it before (not being used by corphish anyway).
It was Bubble Beam. I wasn't really paying attention at the time, so I had to double take that particular scene myself.

The Benmeister
13th May 2006, 1:00 AM
Wow, this episode was a winner in more ways than one. The whole Team Rocket thing for one, the tournament thing for another...not forgetting the awesome use of Corphish (now we need Donphan, covered in the next episode hopefully), and the use of Pinsir and Marowak, not too common Pokemon. It's funny how Butch and Cassidy were partly foiled by J, J & M's hole, and that they had a touching, or predictable, reunion (predictable as in the fact at the end they were back to arguing again).

More entertaining than I predicted. Another one up for the Battle Frontier.

Yamato-san
13th May 2006, 1:08 AM
"DX" stands for Deluxe as if it was better than the original.

I'm aware, my point being that this is actually worse than the regular "Remembering Pokemon" quiz and thus doesn't fit.

The Big Al
13th May 2006, 1:12 AM
I'm aware, my point being that this is actually worse than the regular "Remembering Pokemon" quiz and thus doesn't fit.
But you and I aren't the ones who get to name it. We might think it's sucks but they don't. And it could be they were trying to but lipstick on a pig.

JazzJazz
13th May 2006, 1:18 AM
It was Bubble Beam. I wasn't really paying attention at the time, so I had to double take that particular scene myself.

I know the animators can be inconsistent with the attacks in the anime, but why on Earth did they make bubble beam orange this time?!

ReallyOcean
13th May 2006, 1:28 AM
I have the episode on my comp. Kind of cool.

If Corphish evolved, Ash would have a Dark pokemon. That wouldn't really fit well with the show.

Gravy
13th May 2006, 1:40 AM
I know the animators can be inconsistent with the attacks in the anime, but why on Earth did they make bubble beam orange this time?!
It's been orange for quite some time now actually. Surely you've noticed it in past battles and openings? :/

sCiZoR_2006
13th May 2006, 1:43 AM
ReallyOcean, you might need to change your post and your sig. Advertising downloaded episodes is illegal. Read the rules.

Flamez
13th May 2006, 1:52 AM
Great episode just saw it. Had plenty of humor in it this episode is one reason why TR is so important to the show.
The whole tournament thing was great, we just saw corphish beat alakazam and now it beats a pinsir and a marowak, really good battletime for corphish and as cyber said this just proves that it doesn't need to evolve.
Meowth remembering how they always split everything in 3 shares was so well sweet.
Brock i believe messed up James name and his reaction was funny.
Jessie kicking Butch in the face was just priceless.
It was funny how they dug the holes and butch and cassidy kept on falling in them and then they came with their motto, which looked great. It was nice how when jessie and butch were doing the motto the R sign broke and at the end when jessie,james, and meowth reunited and said their motto the R sign was intact and had a shine to it.
Overall IMO great episode 10/10.

blazemxx
13th May 2006, 2:53 AM
Episode was good. Especially when some people turned to TR members. Reminded me of xD/ Colosseum.

Lil Brother
13th May 2006, 3:21 AM
I was half-expecting Corphish to suddenly be engulfed in light and evolve after blasting off JJM off.

Wobbuffet got completely shafted!

The trainers vs. Rocket Grunts! Good! Ah, I'm remembering the St. Anne ep now...

They played Look Ahead Team Rocket too much. x.x

Heh, JJM have their reuniting and are then randomly blasted off. Nice.

I loved the conflicting motto thing. XD

TwilightFacade
13th May 2006, 3:32 AM
Well this was the first time I've seen an episode in Japanese. Even though I didn't understand anything they said XD, it held my interest the entire time.

Honestly TR has the best episodes.
It was a funny episode and a bit touching.
Wobbufett appeared...only during the motto at the end..how lame! Well Manene got attention though.
Corphish was awesome as usual.
Jessie kicking the fire extinguisher, Marowak being KO'd and its bone just falling on its head, and the mixed up mottos were the highlights.
Did Brock go ga-ga over "Joy"? It didn't seem like it, but he might have said something I didn't understand.
Nice to see the Grunts, Butch, and Cassidy again.
The Hitmontop wasn't Butch's but a random trainer's. However Raticate and Houndour was theirs.

I'll give this episode a proper rating when it is dubbed, but I did enjoy watching it.

PS: I loved the backgorund music, especially Symphonic Melody. :D

ReallyOcean
13th May 2006, 4:03 AM
ReallyOcean, you might need to change your post and your sig. Advertising downloaded episodes is illegal. Read the rules.
I'm not saying that I'm giving anything away.

As for my sig, since when are all of them "Downloaded"?

Geodude
13th May 2006, 5:12 AM
Did Brock go ga-ga over "Joy"? It didn't seem like it, but he might have said something I didn't understand.
A little bit, but not nearly as severely as he usually does. It looked to me like he started to sense that something wasn't right after Max pulled him away.

S.Suikun
13th May 2006, 5:38 AM
Probably the funniest episode this saga. Meowth becoming overcome with joy because he got an entire cracker to himself was hilarious. As hoped, there was the conflict between mottos. I loved Jessie kicking Butch. Speaking of Butch, did anybody mispronounce his name this time? Maybe the writers finally realized that gag got old.

Heh, this episode was really good! Chalk up yet another winner for the Battle Frontier arc.
I love this saga. :x
Heh, I remember when you hated it during its first 10 eps or so. Or am I thinking of someone else? >_<

Most will agree that it's definitely gotten better, however.

CyberCubed
13th May 2006, 6:07 AM
Heh, I remember when you hated it during its first 10 eps or so. Or am I thinking of someone else? >_<

I did do some *****ing during the beginning of the BF arc, but I calmed down a lot after the fighting dojo episode. :D

Most people were initially upset over the writers not following the BF rules and essentially treating the Brains like Gym leaders, but most of us have gotten over that now and really don't care anymore. And aside from the lack of Season 1 references and possibly May's uber Squritle, everything else this saga has been gold.

Meowth
13th May 2006, 6:31 AM
Probably the funniest episode this saga. Meowth becoming overcome with joy because he got an entire cracker to himself was hilarious. As hoped, there was the conflict between mottos. I loved Jessie kicking Butch. Speaking of Butch, did anybody mispronounce his name this time? Maybe the writers finally realized that gag got old.

Meowth got teary-eyed because he missed having to split the crackers and other foods into three pieces. He wasn't happy about having the whole cracker to himself. Also, everyone got Butch's name wrong so the gag continues. Even Cassidy said it wrong the whole way through. Poor guy. :p

I loved the episode just for it being centered around Team Rocket. Though one thing that bugged me was how Max just happened to overhear James and Cassidy talking. Doesn't that kind of accidental eavesdropping happen WAY too often? It's so unoriginal.

Oh yeah, and I thought it was pretty funny how nobody thought it was weird that "Joy's" mouth wasn't moving when she talked.

Ashy Boy
13th May 2006, 11:25 AM
If Corphish evolved, Ash would have a Dark pokemon. That wouldn't really fit well with the show.
What do mean Corphish's evolved form is a Dark Pokemon?

ChaosMage
13th May 2006, 11:31 AM
What do mean Corphish's evolved form is a Dark Pokemon?

Yes, Crawdaunt is a Dark type pokemon.

Geki
13th May 2006, 3:58 PM
It's good that Team Rocket didn't disband forever. I liked this episode, it was something that we have never seen before.

Geodude
13th May 2006, 4:10 PM
I can't remember if this was mentioned here or in the counterpart thread on Bulbagarden, but when the gang found James and Cassidy working together, the scene was hilarious. Very roughly translated since I don't know Japanese but don't really need to to know what went on, it was something like:

Ash: "Cassidy and..."
Brock: "Botch!"
James: "It's James, you know that perfectly well!"

Shining_Espeon
13th May 2006, 4:16 PM
Seen the pictures!

-The eyes and mouth on Cassidy's Joy disguise didn't move but everyone fell for it? Wow. The people in Pokemon are idiots.
-I was suprised Brock fell for Cassidy's disguise and went all ga-ga. He usually can sense if something's up. It was funny as usual, though.
-Jessie kicking that fire extinguisher out of frustration/annoyance was one of the funniest parts in the ep. I wish it would've hit Cassidy in head, though.
-When Cassidy pulled James on her side and Jessie pulled Butch on her side they seemed to do it very...seductively. Jessie and Butch looked cute together in the scene where she got him on her side. The Cassidy and James scene was just funny.
-How'd Jessie convince Butch to go with her? James practicely didn't have a choice since Cassidy dragged him down the hallway, but Butch went on his own.
-I felt a little sorry for James and Butch in this ep. Their partners are kinda narcissitic *****es.
-Yay Max for discovering the scam!
-I loved Meowth in this episode. He was determined to salvage Jessie and James' friendship. The part where he got emotional over the cookie was funny, too.
-Regular trainers fighting off a hoard of TR Grunts for a change was great. It strongly reminded me of "The Battle Aboard the St. Anne".

Despite the stuff I just listed, this ep seemed just little bit better than mediocre to me. 7/10

EDIT: I just watched the new AG ending through the link on Cybercubed's sig. So incredibly cute! I wish they'd put the endings on the dubbed version

Medea
13th May 2006, 7:27 PM
I'll tell you, James and Butch can never win. It almost makes me feel sorry for the S.O.B's. Oh well! Just saw the episode and for the most part it was pretty good. I did like the battle between Corphish and Marowak. And one thing I had to say was that Cassidy looks a hell of a lot better in a Nurse Joy outfit than Jessie.

MagicBox
14th May 2006, 5:45 AM
Took a while, but I finally saw the episode, and it was better than I expected. The Team Rocket episodes are always fun.

- I find it funny that all Pikachu had to do to escape from Team Rocket this time was to unlock his cage from the inside. XD

- I know this is random, but this is the first Japanese episode I've watched that Manene actually speaks in, and I just wanted to say that its voice is awesome.

- It kind of annoys me that Cassidy & Botch didn't recognize Brock when they recognized Ash, but I guess they were only concentrating on Pikachu at the time.

- I agree with Medea; Cassidy looks so much better in Norse Joy's clothes than Jesse did. So incredibly hot.

- Boy, Team Rocket is becoming less and less of a threat every day. The Rocket grunts are being defeated by random children who don't look a day over ten. It really makes you forget that these guys are supposed to be the most evil organization in the entire Kanto region.

- My favorite part in the entire episode was when Cassity & Botch kept falling into pitfall traps all over the place, and then when Pikachu blasts them off, the Team Rocket balloon shows up and Jessie & James are each holding a shovel. XD

- Wow, if it weren't for the motto at the end of the episode, Wobbufett wouldn't have appeared at all. When was the last time that's happened?

- It's episodes like these that make me really hope PUSA keeps the original music when they start dubbing. Vocal song overload.

ChaosMage
14th May 2006, 8:17 AM
I guess we know that Team Rocket as an organisation is still going, and hopefully this appearance of the grunts is a sign of things to come.

Magus
14th May 2006, 8:19 AM
Hopefully Giovanni will clean house of these particularly pathetic grunts, though. They made JJ&M look like a threat by comparison; at least the trio usually takes a full episode to lose.

Geodude
14th May 2006, 8:42 AM
- I know this is random, but this is the first Japanese episode I've watched that Manene actually speaks in, and I just wanted to say that its voice is awesome.
That wasn't its regular voice.

MagicBox
14th May 2006, 8:49 AM
That wasn't its regular voice.I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. Was it trying to imitate James' voice for the entire episode or something?

MugenKeiji
14th May 2006, 9:28 AM
...it's worth noting that when he asks "Joy" to clean his Monster Balls...

Ha ha!

...context.

Heracross
14th May 2006, 9:29 AM
Well, when the title was first announced I had expected a more emotional type episode, but comedy is certainly appreciated. Although I've got to say, everyone getting Kosaburou's name wrong... isn't funny anymore. Takeshi calling Kojirou Kosanji, on the other hand, was pure gold.

But my favorite part was when Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu bump into each other while collecting monster balls and get all sentimental, only to be blasted off by some random guy's Saidon. XD

And it was nice to see some Rocket-dan grunts in action for the first time in so long. Kinda reminiscent of the St. Anne episode with all the trainers squaring off against them.

Geodude
14th May 2006, 10:18 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. Was it trying to imitate James' voice for the entire episode or something?
Maybe I should have specified voice actor. Manene and Pikachu have the same seiyuu, Ikue Ohtani, who IIRC just had a baby.

MondoTR
15th May 2006, 6:37 PM
Grunts and a mention of Nanba? I was hoping for Mondo. I knew it wouldn't happen but still :(.

Anyways, sounds like a great ep from what I've read in this thread. But then again, I tend to enjoy most eps that have TR doing more than just capturing Pikachu and their other usual stuff.

ChaosMage
15th May 2006, 7:38 PM
Also, is this the first time TR are shown capturing Pikachu and getting blasted off before the opening even starts? Groovy.

Ashy Boy
15th May 2006, 8:24 PM
Boy, Team Rocket is becoming less and less of a threat every day.
Oh please, judging by recent eps, you can't say that Team Rocket have become sloppy. There have been several times where they came really close to winning.

Steffrox
15th May 2006, 9:22 PM
Yeah, Team rocket try there hardest but aslong as they are doing bad things they won't suceed (which isn't really fair) whenever they do proper jobs they succeed and flourish.
I'm glad that this episode didn't spell the end for Jessie and james, they are by far the most developed characters on the show

Ashy Boy
17th May 2006, 8:18 AM
Yeah, Team rocket try there hardest but aslong as they are doing bad things they won't suceed (which isn't really fair) whenever they do proper jobs they succeed and flourish.
I'm glad that this episode didn't spell the end for Jessie and james, they are by far the most developed characters on the show
Still I was hoping that this would be the end of TR because of their incompetence. I mean, in the end TR haven't changed a bit.

Nyami
26th August 2006, 4:39 PM
I didn't see all of this episode but I did see the part where Meowth finds the cookies and thinks of how TR split everything in 3's. The scene goes til TR gets blasted off by a boy with his Rhydon. Meowth's Japanese voice is very funny and the scene was great. I wish I could see the Jp. episode.

Evil Azurill
2nd December 2006, 11:38 PM
I find it hilarious that Brock get's James' name wrong. It just goes to prove that Cassidy must be so hot, no one ever gives her partner - no matter who she's partnered with - a second look.

I can't wait to see the dub of this on Monday. I want to see how PUSA handles Butch's voice.

I worked my whole schedule around this episode. xD I rarely watch the pokemon anime anymore, with the exception of Chronicles, but I'll drop everything and run to the TV for a Butch and Cassidy appearance. ^o^

WaterDragon trainer
5th December 2006, 2:56 AM
This episode was pretty good. It was good to see Pikachu free itself for once. At first, I actually thought TR was going to split up for good, but after looking through the spoilers, it changed my mind. It was good to see Butch and Cassidy in the animei instead of the chronicles, although I'm not too crazy about their new voices. Prof. Namba's quick appearance was funny. It was kind of disappointing that Butch doesn't spazz when someone mispronounces his name. IMO, that actually made him a funny character. It was hilarious when Butch messed up the motto with Jessie as well as TR's moment was killed by Rhydon's Horn Attack.

Nyami
5th December 2006, 3:40 AM
Well, the dub has some differences from the Japanese version that I wish weren't there, but I still like this episode. I like Cassidy's new voice. It's way different from the original but better than her first replacement. Except at the times when she kind of sounded like an old lady. Houn-DOUR's name is now Houn-DOOR again but I don't really care that much. Butch's voice sounds just about the same to me. Is there a ship for Butch/Jesse? I think there should be one. Not the greatest ship, but I still like that scene in the back hallway after Jesse kicks the extinguisher. I thought it was funny when Jesse started ranting about Cassidy and Butch thought Jesse was talking about herself. I find it kind of annoying how characters who have never seen Butch and Cassidy before magically know who they are. They did it with Tracey and Richie, now May and Max.I really liked how the trainers fought off off all the grunts in the mini-war that broke out. There hasn't been something like that since "Battle Aboard the St. Anne". When the grunts ran from the building I was thinking, "How in the hell were there THAT many grunts in that building?"

Rating: 7/10

Darkness Angel
5th December 2006, 3:40 AM
Kinda wish TR was truly gone for good.

Korobooshi Kojiro
5th December 2006, 3:43 AM
Max is a friggin genius, he knows peoples names through psychic powers!

EDIT: Seeing RHydon in action gets me pumped for it's evo's appearance!

S.Suikun
5th December 2006, 5:58 AM
Seriously, I was thinking "When the hell did Max meet B&C?" Ash can't remember what a Flygon is, yet Max can remember people he's never before seen in his life?

I would seriously laugh myself to death if anyone actually complained about Nanba's voice (for obvious reasons).

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
5th December 2006, 6:50 AM
Seriously, I was thinking "When the hell did Max meet B&C?" Ash can't remember what a Flygon is, yet Max can remember people he's never before seen in his life?

I was thinking the same thing about Max too. How the hell he knew his name?

This episode was enteratining, I managed to catch it since my favorite show on FOX wasn't on today.

I was hoping Team Rocket wasn't gonna break out for good, but if they did, then where will the comedy come from. Of course they won't stay mad at each other.

The whole fake tournament was smart, too bad Cassidy and Butch ain't smart since they are in a way I see it dumber then Jessie and James.

ANd to add, the voices were better than usual or its just me...

Freya
5th December 2006, 6:56 AM
Honestly i thought it was worse than it would be its still deserving a 6.5/10 but still it could have been better but Butch and Cassedy were good to see in BF when Max said "OMG its B & C" (heh that rymed) I was like oh i musta missed a B & C ep or something like that..aparently by the last few posts looks like they have never met...i loved then sentimental moment between TR then all of a sudden Rhydon Horn Attack XDDDDDDDDD

S.Suikun
5th December 2006, 7:00 AM
The whole fake tournament was smart, too bad Cassidy and Butch ain't smart since they are in a way I see it dumber then Jessie and James.
B&C were actually pretty smart pre-Hoso.

Freya
5th December 2006, 7:09 AM
Smart how...they still cant fully do a good job when ash gets just like Messy and Lames...lol...anyways thats more a Sucess ratio more than intellegence

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
5th December 2006, 7:13 AM
B&C were actually pretty smart pre-Hoso.

Yeah, they were, but they caught the Jessie and James syndrome of not pulling off their plan when Ash and co is around. But look at them now, not so great in plotting as they used to.

Medea
5th December 2006, 12:16 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again. James and Butch can never win with Cassidy and Jessie. Well pretty good episode. Butch's voice doesn't sound horrible and it isn't annoying as the first. AND THEREFORE IT DOES NOT SUCK! Before, he sounded like a bullfrog. Now with an episode with all four of the rocket members, you know there were a lot of funny lines. And of course the Butch name screw-ups were funnier than the ones on the Chronicles. I just loved it when Cassidy called Namba, Samba. Cassidy's new voice has gotten on my nerves at first. But during the first commercial, I had to remind myself of Cassidy's former voices so it didn't bother me.

ONE MORE THING!!! Butch and Cassidy weren't in any of the episodes in Hoenn right? Because during that time, they were in Kanto causing havoc around my sexy love.

SO HOW DOES MAX KNOW ABOUT THEM! That annoying little twit has never met Butch and Cassidy and doesn't know what they look like. So how the hell could he know?

*rantrantrant*

And that is all.

YoshiAngemon
5th December 2006, 1:46 PM
Is it just me or is Professor Nanba's Voice Actor Dean Galloway, the same one who does the voice of Dr. Wily on MegaMan: Powered Up? And as for how Max knew about Cassidy & Butch, Ash and Brock may have told May & Max about them, so they're well learned about them, even though they'll keep forgetting Butch's name. I mean, if they ever do a SECOND series of Chronicles, then maybe some of those episodes will revolve around May & Max, and their Johto Contest Adventures. And maybe a special taking place in Orre would be created, with Team Snaggem and their betters, the evil group known as Cipher.

Pokemon Fan
5th December 2006, 6:50 PM
The only thing that bothered me was the constant references to the importance of Poke Balls. Was it like that in the original or did it make more sense by noting the Pokemon INSIDE the balls were being stolen? Or are Poke Balls really that expensive and valuable to warrant stealing on their own?

Evil Azurill
5th December 2006, 7:55 PM
Cassidy has contracted a severe case of valley-girl syndrome, and Butch's expensive voice lessons have finally started to pay off. Max has never met Butch and Cassidy in his life, and this is why he pronounced Butch's name correctly. xD

Seriously...B&C's voices really annoyed me at first, because Cassidy's was too high and blonde and Butch's was not raspy enough, but I think I got used to them fast enough. The episode had some really good lines, and then some not so good ones...

And WTF? Cassidy wasn't even close to the mark on Butch's name (Patch? Ponch? Well...at least there's five letters...), and she's his partner!! I think it's funny that people who aren't normally around Butch can't seem to get his name right, but as Butch said, " That girl's known me forever", and it's especially annoying because in earlier episodes like Pikachu Re-volts and The Breeding Center Secret she got his name right all the time.

Perhaps she's just playing with him.

But anyways, I'd give this episode a 7.5/10. I've seen much better Butch and Cassidy episodes...but this one wasn't bad.

chosen_one386
5th December 2006, 8:12 PM
This was a great episode... Now to comment on the voices...

Butch: In the beginning, I thought he sounded EXACTLY the same, but later, I noticed a slight difference from his old voice.

Cassidy: Doesn't sound ANYTHING like her old voice. Her old voice was better on her, though.

Nanba: Sounded EXACTLY the same. Of course, he had only one line, so that wasn't a true judge.

jolteonjak
5th December 2006, 10:58 PM

After reading these posts, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who questioned that.

I found it funny how Corphish got all this battling in, and will we even see it anymore now?

*off to the voice thread to comlain again*

ShinyManafi
5th December 2006, 10:59 PM
Butch and Cassidy were a little dumber in this one, if you ask me, but the mottos were so funny, lol

Legendary Raikou
5th December 2006, 11:02 PM
Haha this one was a funny one! If only we had the old voices for Casidy and Butch. Butch just didn't get into it enough. Now it's Come on Biff...the names butch, Other than Come on Biff...THE NAMES IS BUTCH DIDN'T YOU HERE THE MOTO!!!

S.Suikun
5th December 2006, 11:36 PM
Nanba: Sounded EXACTLY the same. Of course, he had only one line, so that wasn't a true judge.
Maybe because...IT'S THE SAME ACTOR!?! Who'd've thought?

Zoppi's a permanent part of the cast now. Ever wonder why New Meowth sounds a lot like Nanba every now and then?

shinou
5th December 2006, 11:39 PM
Haha this one was a funny one! If only we had the old voices for Casidy and Butch. Butch just didn't get into it enough. Now it's Come on Biff...the names butch, Other than Come on Biff...THE NAMES IS BUTCH DIDN'T YOU HERE THE MOTO!!!
Not really... He said

"The name is butch moron!"

which made mo lol

BatBowTie
6th December 2006, 12:29 AM
Whee!! Lookit mee!! x3 I'm responding! And I'm PRETTY SURE that it's obvious that I've like.. NEVER posted anything in this forum n.n;

Anyway, the ep. Whee.

Butch and Cassidy are my absolute favorite characters. So.. I was kinda looking forward to this ep. Of course, though.. with the new VAs, I kinda had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. And as the seconds came closer and closer to Butch's appearance, they only got worse.

And then, there it was, Butch's voice.

^^; I felt way beyond extreme disappointment.
But I held out for Cassidy's voice. Maybe her's would be oka-.. nope. Not at all.

u_u; As far as I'm concerned, those two body snatchers last night were NOT Butch and Cassidy.... and I can never accept the new VAs for their voices.

They killed my favorite characters >>;

... And now I'm off to rewrite and redub the eppie for my animation class ^^

BattleFranky~40
6th December 2006, 12:31 AM
Blonde hair= valley girl?

Apparently so for Cassidy.

Korobooshi Kojiro
6th December 2006, 12:33 AM
Butch has been dead....since 4kids touched him.

Geodude
6th December 2006, 12:38 AM
There is a voice thread for a reason, people. Go do your pointless whining in there.

Liked the ep in Japanese, like it in the dub. Good dialogue, plot was a nice change, PUSA seems to be getting a handle on the sense of humor we're used to hearing.

Ashy Boy
6th December 2006, 9:59 PM
How were the new voices for Cassidy and Butch? BTW, was the dub itself even better?

Knight_Ram
6th December 2006, 10:44 PM
Im glad that this episode was with Brock noticing that the fake Nurse Joy was ahhh....? Fake. lol! I would have been mad if he wouldnt of noticed that because then he wouldnt of been the real brock. You all should know what I mean. This episode was also very good with Ash actually battling other trainers and actually getting some training done with other people instead of just going straight for Gym battle. I laugh at Ash for struggling against the 'minor league' pokemon trainer lol Ash had a bigger advantage against that Marowak and was still struggling.

Pretty awsome how all the trainers battled it out to save there other pokemon and pwned all the Team Rocket people! Also very funny how Casidy still doesnt know her own team mates name! And kinda funny how Max always snaps Team Rockets plans lol!

An overall 9/10 Because it was a really good reunion with Casidy and Butch, all of Team Rocket and the battle with all the trainers and Team Rocket.

Pokemon Fan
7th December 2006, 4:00 AM
This episode was also very good with Ash actually battling other trainers and actually getting some training done with other people instead of just going straight for Gym battle. I laugh at Ash for struggling against the 'minor league' pokemon trainer lol Ash had a bigger advantage against that Marowak and was still struggling.
I don't see how getting hit by a few attacks can be called "struggling," especially when he still beat them all with just one of his pokemon. Also, there's no reason to think they were all "minor league" trainers.

Jorah
8th December 2006, 11:21 AM
How did Max know who Butch and Cassidy were? Has he met them before?

Hmm Butch and Cassidy weren't as menacing as they used to be, in the older episodes they used to be a lot superiour to Jessie and James...but now they've kind of sunk to their level, just with a better plan. Oh well, the episode was good anyway. Oh, the motto was hilarious. Pies and white gloves? Huh?

Geodude
9th December 2006, 2:27 AM
How did Max know who Butch and Cassidy were? Has he met them before?
Just think about all the travelling time the gang has had. We've seen hints on several occasions that they talk to each other about things that happened before they met or while they were separated. No doubt May and Max have heard stories from Ash and Brock about B&C.

Ash6K
9th December 2006, 2:32 AM
Geodude is right, May and Max already knew about Misty before she personally met them. Ash and Brock could've said something about B&C too.

I've missed the dub :(. But I'll try to catch the rerun. I like how Corphish fights a Marowak and Pinser in this episode though!

ijea4444
11th December 2006, 11:39 PM
ok how did max know about butch???????? and thya OVERUSED the whole forgetting butches name. how come james said he was butch. i might comment again.

wobbanut
21st December 2006, 4:11 AM
Wow, one full motto and two 3/4-length mottos all in the same episode. As a motto lover, I was in heaven with this episode. :) I loved how Butch and Cassidy kept messing up the mottos too (though I liked Butch's "I'm doing this all from memory"). I didn't really like the new Cassidy voice, but I thought the new Butch was right on. Let's face it, love or hate his voice, Butch just wouldn't be Butch without the frog voice, right? I especially liked his line "That girl's known me forever and still calls me more names than you can find in a baby book". LOL :D I was surprised with all the voice changes that Nanba's exactly the same, though I shouldn't be surprised since the gengar in the Mystery Dungeon special had his voice (LOL at "Samba").

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. The temporary breakup between Jessie, James, and Meowth wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and it was so sweet how Meowth got them back together. :) It was funny to hear Butch called "Paunch" too. LOL One little quibble, though: WHERE did Max learn about Butch and Cassidy?!? They never shared an episode before.

Overall, 10/10.

Geodude
21st December 2006, 4:42 AM
I thought I mentioned this already, but just think about all the travel time the gang has had. It's not hard to imagine that Ash and Brock have used some of that time to tell May and Max lots of stories about their past adventures. This was even hinted at at the beginning of the Misty two-parter; May and Max already knew who she was.

edit: I did indeed, on the last page in fact.

Nathan Madien
21st December 2006, 4:44 AM
Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. The temporary breakup between Jessie, James, and Meowth wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and it was so sweet how Meowth got them back together. :) It was funny to hear Butch called "Paunch" too. LOL One little quibble, though: WHERE did Max learn about Butch and Cassidy?!? They never shared an episode before.

What did you expect? This is Pokemon, the land of plot holes. XD

Anyhow, I was surprised as to how well PUSA handled the rest of Team Rocket. They kept the "My name is Butch" running joke intact and I loved how Cassidy more-or-less hit on James. My only qualm about the episode was that PUSA seemed unable to make up their mind as to the type of food Meowth used to bring his teammates together. Is it a cookie? Is it a biscuit? Is it Jimmy Hoffa?

Ashy Boy
18th April 2007, 9:27 PM
Is Cassidy really voiced by Hilary Thomas? Because judging by the tone she doesn't sound like the other characters Hilary has voiced in eps before this.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 11:13 PM
Hm a decent episode. I liked how they went there separate ways again. Kind of refreshing. Nothing else really interesting, though.

Rommath
4th February 2009, 2:36 PM
Okay for a Team Rocket-focused episode. Cassisy and "Biff"'s reappearance was nice, seeing as they didn't appear at all in Hoenn and only briefly in "The Scheme Team". If Max hadn't have shown up they might have got away with the scam too.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:34 PM
and they were off again, it was a nice team rocket episode it got focussed on them this time, 9/10.

Littlemyuu
21st June 2009, 11:51 PM
Team Rocket episodes are the best ^-^
i really liked this one =D

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 2:49 PM
Good TR episode.

I loved to see Cassidy and Butch again.

Armaldo48
3rd January 2010, 11:44 AM
I always love those team rocket episodes. Good thing that Jessie and James got reunited in the end.

9/10

Lorde
6th January 2010, 9:11 AM
I wasn't impressed with this episode at all. Seriously, how many times have Jessie, James, and Meowth had a fight? They always stick together in the end anyway, so what was the point in having them split up in this episode? It was good to see Butch and Cassidy again (and their new dub voices). But seeing them with different partners this time just wasn't the best thing to see. Butch and Cassidy belong together, and Jessie and James belong together. 3/10.

Willow's Tara
30th May 2010, 6:50 AM
It does make sense for May and Max to know who TR was because as Geodude said Brock and Ash would have told them offscreen. What do you think they just walk in utter silence until the next episode.

It was interesting to see Jessie and James with different partners and the mottos between the new partners, so it wasn't a too bad episode but obivously TR wasn't going to break up, much less partner for good with another team they don't even like.

saar
27th June 2010, 4:16 PM
It was great to see so many pokemon of the Team of Rocket, like Dodrio, Rhyfon and more.
I never thought Jessie will team up with Butch. I think it's a great idea ha ha, sounds funny to see James with the nervious Cassidy. Eventually I can't see them being together altough they are from the same team.

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 11:22 AM
Funny how Jessie teamed up with Butch and James with Cassidy... but of course they could not stay like that for long

Painkiller2001
5th January 2011, 6:03 PM
I always enjoy episodes where TR say their going to go their separate ways. But, as usual, by the end of the episode, they end up back together.

It's been a while since I've seen actual TR grunts!

Also cool to see Botch and Cassidy again!

G50
27th April 2011, 1:42 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to have Cassidy and Butch back. It was interesting to see Pikachu be able to unlock the cage it was trapped in. It was odd and funny to see both Cassidy/Butch and Jessie/James stating their own mottos together. Corphish was used a lot in this episode especially during the tournament. It was cool to see a Pinsir using Guillotine.

30/100

Vernikova
22nd September 2012, 3:35 PM
It was an okay and one that I enjoyed. Team Rocket episodes are usually pretty well done.

PokemontrainerY
6th August 2013, 2:55 AM
I enjoyed this episode a lot. it's great to see Cassidy again, Her Nurse Joy disguise was good. LOL, Jessie kicking Butch in the face was hilarious.
I liked how James teamed up with Cassidy and Jessie teamed up with Botch Butch. Also, It's funny when the group mistook Butch for James.
Those TR grunts and their Pokemon reminded me of the TR grunts in "Battle aboard The St. Anne".
I'm glad Jessie, James and Mewoth reunited and got back as a team at the end.

Painkiller2001
17th November 2014, 8:26 PM
You can always count on JJ&M o find a way to break one-and-a-half biscuits in to three pieces. :)
With the way this episode started, I always think it's going to go in to those '__ hours earlier' kind of things.