PDA

View Full Version : AG177: Ash & Brock! Tag Battle Defending Pewter Gym! Preview thread

Thriller
12th May 2006, 3:55 AM
According to PokeAni there's a Steelix in it, and it may or may not be Brock's Onix.

~Zak

Thats basically all thats known.

All I hope is that Ludy is in it. Darnit Ludy join the team again, I miss you.

Anyways, this episode looks neat, wonder what the Steelix is about, be a bonus if it was Brocks Onix.

Starmie
12th May 2006, 3:58 AM
Thats basically all thats known.

All I hope is that Ludy is in it. Darnit Ludy join the team again, I miss you.

Anyways, this episode looks neat, wonder what the Steelix is about, be a bonus if it was Brocks Onix.

it could be Brock's Onix. maybe his bro has a metal coat on it and he trades it back to Brock. That would be cool. It'll be cool to see Brock's pokemon again anyway.

Heracross
12th May 2006, 4:24 AM
Hopefully Takeshi will actually use Cro- Oh, who am I kidding?

Let's go Haganeeru!(?) :/

.Bambi.
12th May 2006, 4:26 AM
Ho Snap!

I remember being sassed because I said Onix would be a Steelix when Satoshi-tachi returned to Pewter because Brock made a reference to it in the Golden Sudowoodo episode, but who's [hopefully] laughing now? Huh?

Oh god I hope Brock has a Steelix. I just love that Pokemon, ever-so much more over Onix as well *waves Steelix Flag*

*n00b* D:

ŁańkaŃ
12th May 2006, 4:29 AM
well if it is a tag battle...

i'm guess it'll be only 2 or 1 per trainer...

so i guess 1 or 2 for ash being Pikachu (having iron tail), and either Sceptile or Donphan...

then Brock...i'd predict more Marshtomp and one more pokemon either Ludicolo or another return pokemon...or news..lol

MagicBox
12th May 2006, 4:42 AM
Preview is finally up. Before anyone else posts, here's the link to the episode preview.

mms://wm.tvtokyo.speedera.net/wm.tvtokyo/anime/pokemon_ag/nweek.asf

So, no posts asking "Where's the preview?" from now on.

Okay, speculation time. It's narrated by Brock/Takeshi, and there is a Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat, all of which I'm guessing are Brock's. Team Rocket are back together, and it looks like they're the ones that are attacking the gym. There's also an Aggron, and Ash is battling using Donphan.

Oh yeah, there's a Charizard too.

May God help this thread.

Heracross
12th May 2006, 4:46 AM
Oh dear. This is going to get ugly. :x

CyberCubed
12th May 2006, 4:47 AM
Erm...Charizard?

I severely doubt it is Ash's, it looked to be battling from the opposite side. So uh...Brock's brother caught a Charizard?

jolteonjak
12th May 2006, 4:48 AM
uggh...that damn lizard is back!

I wonder if Brock's brother has an Aggron now? I wonder if Brock will take anything with him?

Go Go Donphan!

MagicBox
12th May 2006, 4:49 AM
Actually, with the way the preview is organized, it looks like Jessie & James are controlling the Aggron and Charizard.

If you pay close attention to the preview, the gym also looks pretty beat up, which is probably why Brock's freaking out so much. And dammit, I'm one of the few who DIDN'T want Onix to evolve, but I must admit, Steelix looks extremely cool.

Does anybody know what attack it's using at the very end of the preview?

Heracross
12th May 2006, 4:54 AM
Looks like a dragon breath to me.

Gravy
12th May 2006, 4:55 AM
Feck, that's some kickass animation. Iwane wins on so many levels.

I don't care how pathetically redundant Charizard, Steelix and Aggron are. At least the battle is going to look good. And (apart from underused pokemon and attacks), isn't that all that counts in a battle? Brutal fighting with moves that look like they actually have incredible force?

Only complaints I have here are-
a.) Team Rocket are doing the fighting
b.) Steelix over Crobat/Marshtomp/Geodude/Crobat? Looks like my vacuum cleaner has some competition!
c.) There wasn't enough Mizuho in that preview :( ....the smily face indicates the rather lame sorrow of a pathetic fanboy. It does. It does!

dannyphantomhott
12th May 2006, 5:00 AM
This episode looks awesome, can't wait to see images for this one.

CyberCubed
12th May 2006, 5:06 AM
Is this Donphan's first "real" battle since Lucy? Just curious. :x

MagicBox
12th May 2006, 5:11 AM
Yeah, if memory serves correctly, I think it's the first official battle Donphan's had since the Battle Pike.

My only hope is that Forretress, Marshtomp, and Bonsly get to interact with either Brock's siblings or the rest of his Pokemon.

HoennMaster
12th May 2006, 5:22 AM
I remember being sassed because I said Onix would be a Steelix when Satoshi-tachi returned to Pewter because Brock made a reference to it in the Golden Sudowoodo episode, but who's [hopefully] laughing now? Huh?

What was the reference? I hope that Steelix is Brock's and Ludicolo returns

CyberCubed
12th May 2006, 5:23 AM
It looks like Flint and Mizuho are really head over heels for each other again. Brock may find himself with yet another little brother or sister in the future.

Let's hope they have octuplets for comedy purposes. ;)

S.Suikun
12th May 2006, 5:29 AM
Well, while we don't have any confirmation about the Steelix being our good friend Onix who has been around since Episode 5, there's more evidence for it than against it at this point. That said, I would rather Geodude have evolved, due to Steelix being so over-showcased ever since Olivine Gym. And Charizard...speaking of over-showcased. Looks as though Mizuho gave the gym a flowery overhaul. Wonder if we'll get to see her battle in this. If TR are the opponents, I wonder where they obtained the Pokemon and how they got them under their control.

And yeah, animation roxxors in this.

Oh, and if there was still any doubt about TR separating in the previous episode, this debunks all theories.

ŁańkaŃ
12th May 2006, 5:31 AM
OMG...it kinda looks ruined...
but it does confirmed taht TR is back together...lol

and sadly it may be only a 1 pokemon per trainer in the pair battle..don't like that

beside that lot of mushy thing to expect

but hey it is brokc's family were talking about...
i'd laugh if one of brock's bro started flirting..and max pulled the year :D

or more funny one of the siblings flirting with may or max...SO FUNNY...

if they do that...this ep will get a 9/10 :D

jolteonjak
12th May 2006, 5:36 AM
btw...edit the title...isn't this 177 since the TR ep was 176?

Squirtle_007
12th May 2006, 5:49 AM
Owww, that´s a bummer, Nibi Gym is not a Rock Hard Gym anymore, it has a Steel/Ground Pokémon, a Poison/Flying Pokémon, a Water/Grass Pokémon, a Water/Ground Pokémon and a Bug/Steel Pokémon, then the only Rock type Pokémon would be Bonsly, Geodude and Aggron, Kasumi had two Normal type Pokémon, Akane had one Poison type Pokémon and Ibuki had one Water/Flying Pokémon, but Takeshi dissapoints me more and more every day

.Bambi.
12th May 2006, 5:58 AM
What was the reference? I hope that Steelix is Brock's and Ludicolo returns
He refered the Golden Sudowoodo repelling water to Onix evolving into Steelix and not being as weak to it due to Metal Coat. Or some crap like that.

Well, while we don't have any confirmation about the Steelix being our good friend Onix who has been around since Episode 5, there's more evidence for it than against it at this point.
Steelix is seen with the Pokemon Brock ditched at the Pewter Gym and Onix is nowhere in sight. So unless Brock's Onix died and Jiroo tried to ease the pain by capturing a Steelix, It's pretty safe to say Brock's Onix has evolved.

Which WHO called? HMMM?! =D
This episode actually looks pretty good. The animation is excellent as well. This animation team is great at Pokemon executing attacks. It's amazing what a couple extra frames can do.

I bet this is going to be one crazy as hell free-for-all of Brock/Ash/Jiroo vs Team Rocket. Glad to see Donphan is used again FINALLY [I was ever-so disappointed he never made an appearence in the last Contest episode, after Ash was about to call him out but was conveniently distracted]. I just hope Charizard isn't his D:

RaikousThunder
12th May 2006, 5:59 AM
Whoo awesome looking preview! I love any ep the is centered around Brock and him being back in Pewter City is cool too. Since i didnt see chronicles this is a good chance to see his little bro, hes so cute. If Steelix is Brocks, seems like it is since we dont see his Onix, thats really cool. He should take it back. Im disappointed Geodude is still a Geodude. They evolved Onix why not Geodude? Its been around forever evolve it already. Anyway i like the Aggron is back and another Charizard, eh ok. Would rather have Typhlosion or Blaziken but whatever. Cool looking ep, not much else to say.

JazzJazz
12th May 2006, 8:47 AM
Is it definite that they're defending the gym against Team Rocket? If so, where did they go and get the power boost in order to become any sort of real threat?

ShadowDragon
12th May 2006, 8:58 AM
Ok, so I just watched the preview, and just like everyone has said, it looks AWESOME!!! I'm fairly sure that the Steelix is Brock's old Onix, it is in line with all of his other old Pokemon. I'm really curious as to who's Charizard that is. I doubt it will Ash's, but hey you never really know and it looked great. The last attack that Steelix uses could be dragonbreath, but it doesn't have the green sheem that it normally has, now it's kinda blue. Maybe an ice attack instead? Another thought, maybe Brock will stay in Pewter at the end of it all. Who knows whats going to happen for the next arc... Overall, I'm excited for the ep.

DEMONCAMERUPT
12th May 2006, 10:54 AM
So there's a Charizard in this ep ay well everytime 'zard is mentioned i think of a certain uber-powerful fellow that at one time didn't listen to Ashy-boy.

But Aggron how long since we last saw this guy in an ep? wasn't it way back in early Advanced?

Heigani
12th May 2006, 11:05 AM
So there's a Charizard in this ep ay well everytime 'zard is mentioned i think of a certain uber-powerful fellow that at one time didn't listen to Ashy-boy.

But Aggron how long since we last saw this guy in an ep? wasn't it way back in early Advanced?

No...The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon. :/

DEMONCAMERUPT
12th May 2006, 11:10 AM
No...The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon. :/

1) i do not count that and

2) I haven't seen The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon as it was in the U.S.A and i live in New Zealand. (Yeah i'm that far south)

Jade
12th May 2006, 11:11 AM
I mean, the REAL one, not Digipokemon (Digital Pokemon).

Sunain
12th May 2006, 11:15 AM
This episode is shaping up to be one of the better episodes. Preview is up on tvtokyo now to watch.

Magical Leaf
12th May 2006, 11:28 AM
It was hard to notice at first, but in the shot with Steelix and Crobat, there was also a Golem standing next to Brock :3
Of course, because Geodude was also in that shot (and the rest of the preview), there'll be no random evolution speculation about that.
So maybe Steelix (along with Golem) are Pokemon that Jiroo caught for himself, rather than using his brother's Pokemon all the time, and old Onix is round the back somewhere having a nap....for the entire episode.
Of course, the fact that Steelix is shown a lot in that preview doesn't help me think that maybe it is Brocks

FireHead Hank
12th May 2006, 11:39 AM
It was hard to notice at first, but in the shot with Steelix and Crobat, there was also a Golem standing next to Brock :3
Of course, because Geodude was also in that shot (and the rest of the preview), there'll be no random evolution speculation about that.
So maybe Steelix (along with Golem) are Pokemon that Jiroo caught for himself, rather than using his brother's Pokemon all the time, and old Onix is round the back somewhere having a nap....for the entire episode.
Of course, the fact that Steelix is shown a lot in that preview doesn't help me think that maybe it is Brocks

Golem is the Pokemon of Brock's father, we've already seen it in one episode.

I'm looking forward to this episode. Though I like Onix more than Steelix, It's not too bad that it evolved, it looks cool....But the coolest thing would have been, if we would have seen Onix AND Steelix as a team in a double battle fight.

Magical Leaf
12th May 2006, 11:42 AM
Hmm, it is?
I guess thats what I get for not paying attention to the series until the Battle Frontier started....
Ah well.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
12th May 2006, 11:49 AM
Hope it will be a good episode and wonder if we see misty again in another episode

Steffrox
12th May 2006, 12:06 PM
cool preveiw, Jessie and James look well tough, glad they are back together. And brocks apron, i love brocks apron!
And i like his hugfe family, this should be a good ep

ZoraJolteon
12th May 2006, 12:58 PM
Aggron last appeared as Tyson's round 2 opponent in the league. Which was the same place we last saw an actual Steelix. There was a Charizard there too. And a Donphan.

MechaBulba
12th May 2006, 1:38 PM
If that is Jessie and James using Charizard and Aggron i wonder where they got them? Mayb they r the bosses and he wants the Gym himself since he lost the last 1!

I would love 2 see how Donphan battles. That elephant Rocks! And i am glad 2 see Brocks Onix evoled! I hope he takes it back or at least Crobat!

What Attack was Aggron using in the preview? Looked like some kind of water attack rushing across the floor from out of its horn! Mayb a surf attack?

skarmachild
12th May 2006, 2:06 PM
Hope it will be a good episode and wonder if we see misty again in another episode

Cybercubed I choose you.

Flamez
12th May 2006, 2:08 PM
Saw the preview and the episode looks damn good. As gravy said the animation is very nice. Finally Donphan, I had a feeling we would see it in this episode. Its weird for charizard to be there since the next episode is ash's battle with regirock, so it can further speculation that the charizard is ashs. However I dont think it is, and steelix has to be brock's onix, im certain.

DKzM0mA
12th May 2006, 2:33 PM
That Charizard seems to be on TR's side. And I think Aggron is using either Water pulse or surf =/

Medea
12th May 2006, 3:01 PM
Saw the preview.

And just one friggin second of Geodude. My God, give it some more screen time. We barely saw Brock's Geodude back in the Kanto/Johto days and he gives it to his brother to run the gym. And when we see them last, we see a STEELIX? Okay, I'm on a complete rant right now.

Thriller
12th May 2006, 3:05 PM
I do not see how Charizard could be Ash's, why would he call for it? To use in the Battle Pyramid?

jolteonjak
12th May 2006, 3:15 PM
I'd say its Water Pulse. Surf isn't an attack that's normally used on land (in the anime). IIRC the only time its been an actual attack (as oppossed to Lapras's transportation) was during the Sootopolis match with Adan's Whiscash.

Starmie
12th May 2006, 4:32 PM
Despite the good chance of the Aggron belonging to team rocket, I kind of hope that it belongs to Brock's brother instead. That way, Brock can take back his own and the gym will still have it's rock type theme. Who knows, maybe Brock's brother wrecked the gym and Brock battles him for the gym back and team rocket has very little to do with it.

The Benmeister
12th May 2006, 5:35 PM
Here's hoping Team Rocket actually get their act together in this episode, it certainly seems like it (who knows, maybe since the last episode they will have actually been made to pose somewhat of a threat).

Steelix? Meh, I still say bring on Geodude, the poor little guy's hardly ever done anything purposeful. And Aggron's not shown TOO much (Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon doesn't really count, what with not being tied into the storyline with the writers). All I can say is, let's hope for a good battle and if so, bring on the popcorn!

Thriller
12th May 2006, 5:47 PM
Lol at all the people who says Geodude was shafted. All throughout Kanto it was all "Geodude Go!" Brock even used it in a friggen Fighting type contest. I sure felt sorry for it then...

The Benmeister
12th May 2006, 5:52 PM
Lol at all the people who says Geodude was shafted. All throughout Kanto it was all "Geodude Go!" Brock even used it in a friggen Fighting type contest. I sure felt sorry for it then...

1) The Kanto saga wasn't even that long.
2) It's more Johto centered shafting.
3) It may have appeared a lot...but who here can remember an important, standing out battle involving Geodude (that isn't the gym battle or fighting contest), and by remember I mean know most of the details.

Gravy
12th May 2006, 5:59 PM
Geodude is about as exciting as working in a dead-end job. I don't understand why people even care about the thing when we've got Crobats and Ludicolos and Marshtomps (oh my!).

CyberCubed
12th May 2006, 6:03 PM
I definitely want to see Crobat battle. We've never seen that thing in a proper battle as far as I can remember.

Yamato-san
12th May 2006, 6:27 PM
Benmeister.... since when have ANY of Takeshi's Pokemon had a noteworthy battle (besides that recent contest and Satoshi's gym battle, and maybe the Mizuho battle in the Housou)? Though, it may be worth noting that he used it in the Ice Cave episode (although Arbok friggin wailed on the guy).

Geodude is about as exciting as working in a dead-end job. I don't understand why people even care about the thing when we've got Crobats and Ludicolos and Marshtomps (oh my!).

If that's the case, then why do you have it pwning Lizardon in your sig? Not that I disagree with you (hell, I never understood why the hell it was kept as another "Pokemon that shouldn't evolve".... the thing's hardly cute, or has any interesting quirks, plus Takeshi has a Goron in the GSC games).

The Benmeister
12th May 2006, 6:31 PM
Hmm...point taken. But it's just the fact that it's been around for so long and hasn't done much (although one could argue Onix and Crobat aren't exactly the kings of battling themselves).

Aldrius
12th May 2006, 6:48 PM
Looks exciting. Steelix looks fairly neat, and I'm always up for some Crobat action. OH EM GEE, WUT IF BROK CATCHS AGGRON??? THATD BE BADASS LOLZ.

Nah, all we can hope for is that Brock will pick up one of his lesser-used. (Or atleast his new 'Steelix') and actually fight once in a while.

hIrAm
12th May 2006, 7:07 PM
Well, it's kind of obvious, from the preview, that the Steelix is Brock's. Also, Geodude is going to be used, there's a clip of it using Sandstorm .. hm, perhaps against Team Rocket? Also, Brock's little brother must've caught an Aggron? An Aggron that knows Water Pulse? Lawl.

One other thing. Is Brock going to take Steelix with him? That would be .. awesome. X3

Super Wario 64
12th May 2006, 7:19 PM
Well, well, well......It looks like Brock's Onix actually evolved, huh?

Gravy
12th May 2006, 7:27 PM
If that's the case, then why do you have it pwning Lizardon in your sig? Not that I disagree with you (hell, I never understood why the hell it was kept as another "Pokemon that shouldn't evolve".... the thing's hardly cute, or has any interesting quirks, plus Takeshi has a Goron in the GSC games).
It serves as nothing more than to overexagerate it's in-game weaknesses. And besides...I don't think that cheesy grin would have worked with any other rock type :P

Though if it's any consolation, I think the fact that the writers could never decide on whether to have Geodude float in mid-air or hop along the floor was an interesting quirk in itself :p

Torkoal Stu
12th May 2006, 7:29 PM
If Geodude beats Charizard its proven that Gravy is psychic.

:p

Yay Steelix?

Kabuto
12th May 2006, 8:10 PM
I am surprised Brocks Onix evolved. Maybe Brock is angry in the preview about his brothers evolving his Onix. Anyway, glad to see Brocks shafted Crobat and Geodude again. Maybe his brother caught that Aggron as well.

TwilightFacade
12th May 2006, 9:22 PM
No Ludicolo in the preview!!!!!! :O

Ah well I'm sure it will show up.

I have no idea what to expect from this episode but I hope it is mainly focused on Brock's Pokemon. (Poor Shafted critters. :( )

Honestly the only thing that may save Brock's character is if he takes some of his old Pokemon and adds them to his team....of course that won't happen so why did I just say that?

Yay for Steelix, Crobat, Geodude, and Ludicolo! Although I have no idea what Charizard is doing there.

I thought this might be Brock's farewell episode, but he is in the next movie so he'll be around for a longer time.

CyberCubed
12th May 2006, 9:35 PM
Brock could make some vow in this episode that he'd come back after his friends tournaments are over to take care of the Gym again.

Apparently his parents can't manage a Gym and their 10 children, and I think the writers are doing this purposely to open up Brock taking over the Gym again.

Heck, why isn't Brock's brother battling against TR instead of Ash? Why is Brock controlling his old Pokemon again when they belong to his brother now?

All these seem to add up to Brock having to take responsibilty of the Gym again, and I'm getting some Johto flashbacks as to the reason why Misty had to return to her Gym.

hIrAm
12th May 2006, 10:10 PM
Heck, why isn't Brock's brother battling against TR instead of Ash? Why is Brock controlling his old Pokemon again when they belong to his brother now?
I agree. Brock shouldn't be handling the Pokémon he's already passed down, such as Geodude, Crobat, and Steelix. Brock's little brother should be the one out there battlin'.

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th May 2006, 10:11 PM
This episode looks great! Lots of old character returning (the grunts, Namba, and B&C in last episode), I hope we get more of this!

Where is Ludicolo! I hope we see him!

Geodude is actually doing something! Hopefully Crobat will do something as well.

Charizard and Aggron definately look like Team Rocket's (Unless Ash's Charizard swoops in for the Pyramid at the end). Maybe Giovanni lent them? They are near his base.

Yeah, Steelix! I know we have seen Steelix a ton of times, but it's Brock's Onix in spirit! No more garoaring though!

Donphan getting a battle is cool, although you know you wanted Sceptile to fight a Charizard

Aggron has never had a full battle really, just small mini-battles.

Great animation!

intergalactic platypus
12th May 2006, 10:14 PM
I hope we aren't stuck with Geodude. It has the personality of a cardboard box without the charm. Although I have high hopes for this Steelix; it could have a great personality and maybe a little quirk like it turned hydrophobic upon evolution and is now mortally afraid of water types. Looks like Fortress still won't get a chance to breathe though. Too bad

MagicBox
12th May 2006, 11:08 PM
Brock could make some vow in this episode that he'd come back after his friends tournaments are over to take care of the Gym again.

Apparently his parents can't manage a Gym and their 10 children, and I think the writers are doing this purposely to open up Brock taking over the Gym again.As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right. We can be pretty sure the writers are going to change the current cast before the D/P saga starts, and because of Ash's quest for badges, May's quest for contest ribbons, and Max's unlimited potential as a character, Brock is the most likely to leave the group. I'm not happy about that, but at least they're giving him a good reason to leave. Flint & Lola have proven that they can't take care of the gym to save their lives, and Forrest & the other kids can't handle the gym by themselves, not to mention the Pokemon. Brock will probably take over.

But he's not going to leave in this episode, so there's nothing to worry about right now. It's been confirmed that he's in the 9th movie, so he's not gone yet.

Until then, does anybody think Brock's going to take Steelix, Ludicolo, or Crobat along with him at the end of the episode? I mean, since Steelix isn't a rock type, there's no longer a need for it to be at the gym, and Brock can finally have his starter back.

Owww, that´s a bummer, Nibi Gym is not a Rock Hard Gym anymore, it has a Steel/Ground Pokémon, a Poison/Flying Pokémon, a Water/Grass Pokémon, a Water/Ground Pokémon and a Bug/Steel Pokémon, then the only Rock type Pokémon would be Bonsly, Geodude and Aggron1.) The Water/Ground Pokemon & the Bug/Steel Pokemon aren't even living at the gym; they're on Brock's team, along with Bonsly.

2.) Pewter gym is still a rock gym; Brock may have caught some non-Rock types, but that doesn't change the gym at all.

3.) Brock's Geodude and Flint's Golem are more than enough to go against the various trainers that come to the gym looking for badges. Plus, we're not sure who the Aggron belongs to, so if it belongs to Forrest or Flint, then that will be three Pokemon that they can use.

CyberCubed
12th May 2006, 11:12 PM
I also imagine that Brock wants to watch and see how May fares in the Grand Festival as well as see how Ash does in the Battle Pyramid. No way would Brock abandon his friends until he sees their quests come to an end for the time being.

The 9th movie poster shows Brock's Pokemon, and only Marshtompt, Bonsly and Foretress are there. So I guess that rules out him taking any of his old ones with him in this episode. :/

hIrAm
12th May 2006, 11:15 PM
The 9th movie poster shows Brock's Pokemon, and only Marshtompt, Bonsly and Foretress are there. So I guess that rules out him taking any of his old ones with him in this episode. :/
Which sucks, because I think Steelix is the perfect Pokémon for him. Oh well, can't have everything.

JazzJazz
12th May 2006, 11:17 PM

I wouldn't rule it out completely... I'll try to keep an open mind with the usual amount of pessimism, 'cause only time will tell.

Ash6K
12th May 2006, 11:43 PM
Owww, that´s a bummer, Nibi Gym is not a Rock Hard Gym anymore, it has a Steel/Ground Pokémon, a Poison/Flying Pokémon, a Water/Grass Pokémon, a Water/Ground Pokémon and a Bug/Steel Pokémon, then the only Rock type Pokémon would be Bonsly, Geodude and Aggron, Kasumi had two Normal type Pokémon, Akane had one Poison type Pokémon and Ibuki had one Water/Flying Pokémon, but Takeshi dissapoints me more and more every day

Just because Pewter Gym is a rock-type gym, not all of the pokemon have to be strictly rock types. Look at Blaine in the Cinnabar Gym, he used a Rhydon. Besides, Steelix could learn rock-type attacks.
I think this is going to be a great episode...so many cool pokemon. Hopefully, the Charizard is Ash's. Even though it has been overused, Charizard could be a great pokemon to have considering the POSSIBLE BF tournament battles ahead. And...go Donphan!!
This episode could also mean Brock is going back to the gym. Even though he is cool and all, it seems like the time he should go back. Then, once D/P season starts, either Misty or someone else (or both) could take Brock's place. (Besides, did you see brock's reaction of the gym...)

Jo-Jo
13th May 2006, 12:02 AM
Ugh, I'd hate it if Brock stayed behind at the gym. :/ If he has to leave, please let it be for a better reason (read: excuse) than that.

Reasons why GymLeader!Brock would suck:

1. Lessee, a major character being forced to reclaim his/her status as GL because the people currently running it are incompetent... hmm, deja vu.

2. Brock being a gym leader totally undermines the whole reason he decided to travel with Ash in the first place, way back in episode five. He couldn't achieve his dream of being the world's best Breeder at the gym; he only stayed there out of duty. He didn't even want to be a gym leader, but he had to because no-one else was there to take care of his brothers and sisters. As soon as Flint showed up, Brock was out of there. So are we supposed to buy that he would now be perfectly happy to go back home, forget about being a Breeder and take up the mantle of gym leader although that goes against practically everything we know about his motivation?

For God's sake, let him leave because an opportunity opened up to learn more about Breeding. Let him leave because of a girl. Anything that would actually make sense with what has been established of his character, PLEASE.

The Benmeister
13th May 2006, 1:17 AM
Ugh, I'd hate it if Brock stayed behind at the gym. :/ If he has to leave, please let it be for a better reason (read: excuse) than that.

1. Lessee, a major character being forced to reclaim his/her status as GL because the people currently running it are incompetent... hmm, deja vu.

2. Brock being a gym leader totally undermines the whole reason he decided to travel with Ash in the first place, way back in episode five. He couldn't achieve his dream of being the world's best Breeder at the gym; he only stayed there out of duty. He didn't even want to be a gym leader, but he had to because no-one else was there to take care of his brothers and sisters. As soon as Flint showed up, Brock was out of there. So are we supposed to buy that he would now be perfectly happy to go back home, forget about being a Breeder and take up the mantle of gym leader although that goes against practically everything we know about his motivation?

For God's sake, let him leave because an opportunity opened up to learn more about Breeding. Let him leave because of a girl. Anything that would actually make sense with what has been established of his character, PLEASE.

Well, that's what you can call taking the words right out of my mouth.

I suppose Brock being a gym leader could work (since he cared about it when it was turned into a water gym)...but...that would just be a wasted choice, in my opinion. Whereas we could have more interesting reasons into his leaving.

Yamato-san
13th May 2006, 1:41 AM

I say this a lot, but there seems to have been no reason to have select two gym leaders end up as main characters, except that maybe the writers were lazy coming up with designs for party members. Besides, when you think about it, Takeshi joining up with Satoshi in the first place didn't make much sense (I'll give Kasumi the benefit of a doubt because she had her bike trashed, and in the anime continuity, she wasn't exactly a gym leader anyway, not until later on).

Munou: "Hey, random trainer that came into town, I mock you if you think you can take on Takeshi, even though he's a gym leader and loses to millions of trainers like you."

Satoshi: "I'll show you.... OH! NOES! I GOT PWNZORED!"

Munou: "Man, you took quite a beating.... I see potential in you. I'll help charge up your Pikachu."

Satoshi: "Yay! Now my Pikachu is all uber and stuff.... but not really.... but I set off the sprinklers that this seemingly incombustable building just happened to have anyway, so it doesn't matter. Now I'm gonna pwn Iwark.... but not really, because those sprinklers were cheap after all."

Takeshi: "I got my a** kicked by millions of trainers before you, and yet you just happen to be the one person in existance who showed me true sportsmanship. Here's your badge."

Satoshi: "Yay!"

Munou: "I am really his father, and I'm going to return to my responsibilities with the family. I didn't want to before, because I was just waiting for my son to admit defeat to you, random trainer #1907268 whom I just so happened to see more potential in."

Takeshi: "Good, now get to work you lazy s***! Wow, now I'm free.... I'm going to join up and travel with you, random trainer whom my father saw potential in. I'm going to pursue a career in Pokemon breeding, because it was the best excuse the writers could come up with for me, a former gym leader, to bother travelling with the likes of you, a rookie. And in the long run, if you're lucky, you won't even have to deal with my pursuit of this goal and I'll be little more than your personal cook and cheerleader."

Satoshi: "Yay! I got a cheerleader. In yo' face, Shigeru!"

Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Flamez
13th May 2006, 2:03 AM
Your crazy Yamato lol. where do you come up with this stuff. ( i needed a good laugh today and the TR disbandment episode was just the beginning of it and now this).

I have to agree with Jo-Jo, if they have brock leave at the end of the saga just to become a gym leader and he really doesn't want to, that would be rediculously stupid. I really dont even mind him staying, its never hurt me in any way so doesn't matter to me.

Is that paint all over the gym, possibly brocks mother doing decorations or his brothers just messed the whole thing up. Im so anxious to see who the charizard and aagron belong to. It would be nice if TR were using them, possibly giving ash and brock a run for their money. Not an ordinary battle where ash's pokemon pwn TR's.

Jo-Jo
13th May 2006, 2:15 AM
I say this a lot, but there seems to have been no reason to have select two gym leaders end up as main characters, except that maybe the writers were lazy coming up with designs for party members.
I thought it was neat. *shrug* One of the things that drew me to the show in the first place was the way it expanded on the game. All of the original main characters, with the possible exception of JJ&M, were based on game sprites - Ash, Gary, Professor Oak, Delia (sort of) - so it makes sense for Ash's sidekicks to be, too.

CyberCubed
13th May 2006, 2:27 AM
Aside from Tracey, the next two characters were based on game sprites too.

May of course being the main playable character of R/S/E, and Max is based on the schoolkid sprite that you battle in the game.

In retrospect, it does seem odd that two random Gym leaders joined Ash's quest. I mean, would we expect this now? To have the first D/P Gym leader suddenly join Ash's group after Ash beats him? I'd think that would be pretty lame.

As Yamato-San said, Ash needed travel companions, so instead of making up characters they just took the first two Gym leaders. Of course back then Pokemon was never expected to be such a hit that it would get 400+ episodes, which is probably why said two Gym leaders ran their course over the series.

Between Lucy and now this, it seems like the writers are setting many doors open for Brock, they just haven't chosen what they'll do with him yet.

Rufinito18
13th May 2006, 2:27 AM
I,m extatic Onix evolved, its my fav pokemon of Brock's and it was sooooo shafted duting the series...and very weak ( losing to phanpy any1?). I'm very happy about this. Cant wait to see it.

hIrAm
13th May 2006, 2:32 AM
I,m extatic Onix evolved, its my fav pokemon of Brock's and it was sooooo shafted duting the series...and very weak ( losing to phanpy any1?). I'm very happy about this. Cant wait to see it.
No offense, but can you try and type a little bit clearer, for the benefit of everyone? Thanks.

Anyways, when did Onix lose to Phanpy?

.Bambi.
13th May 2006, 2:35 AM
Until then, does anybody think Brock's going to take Steelix, Ludicolo, or Crobat along with him at the end of the episode? I mean, since Steelix isn't a rock type, there's no longer a need for it to be at the gym, and Brock can finally have his starter back.
You make it sound as if they'd actually make it out of their Pokeballs if they went with Brock. I admire your postive attitude. Lolz D:

Brock being a gym leader totally undermines the whole reason he decided to travel with Ash in the first place, way back in episode five. He couldn't achieve his dream of being the world's best Breeder at the gym; he only stayed there out of duty. He didn't even want to be a gym leader, but he had to because no-one else was there to take care of his brothers and sisters. As soon as Flint showed up, Brock was out of there. So are we supposed to buy that he would now be perfectly happy to go back home, forget about being a Breeder and take up the mantle of gym leader although that goes against practically everything we know about his motivation?
Have we seen Brock do any Breeding work at all recently, or in the last Saga? Not so much.
The writers could easily back up their negligence to make a cheap yet understandable story line of Brock realizing that he's been in 3 Regions to try and complete his goal, and he still isn't satisfied with his Breeding skills. He realizes he misses his family, and must sacrifice what he wants to do in order to support them, because he's a good son and brother. Awww...*tear*

Or a Breeding Salon comes to Pewter, with Suzie as the head stylist.

One "Come hither" from Azami and Brock will cease to exist on the Main Group.

TwilightFacade
13th May 2006, 5:18 AM
Anyways, when did Onix lose to Phanpy?

The third movie against Molly. :)

Flame Haze SnS
13th May 2006, 5:44 AM
Woah, finally Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix. I think it has to do with Brock's absense when Ash returns to home from Hoenn League? Charizard? I don't know who this belongs to? Aggron, probably brock's brother's pokemon? Darn, Geodude never evolve! I remember Flint add Golem waay back in the old days. Can't wait to see this when it airs in US...

Torkoal Stu
13th May 2006, 8:10 AM

Apparently his parents can't manage a Gym and their 10 children, and I think the writers are doing this purposely to open up Brock taking over the Gym again.

All these seem to add up to Brock having to take responsibilty of the Gym again, and I'm getting some Johto flashbacks as to the reason why Misty had to return to her Gym.
1) He could, but if he gets some Pokemon back it would be more signs (which there aren't any currently) that he will continue to D/P.

2) Yeah his parents are pretty well.....constantly head over heels.

3) Just because Jiroo isn't in the title, doesn't mean he isn't battling. I believe from the past previews and titles (mostly recently) we've learnt to keep our minds open about whats going to happen. And he only lent Jiroo his Pokemon, they are still technically his like how Misty gave Starmie and Horsea to her sisters to borrow. So they are still Brocks.

4) Maybe so, maybe not. I really like Brock but now he's just as annoying as Johto Misty, doing nothing and such. The only Brock worthy things I can name from this saga are like entering a contest, evolving Marshtomp and actually using Fortress twice. But Bonsly was a given to a character anyway so its not really anything notable., well it is but someone was bound to get it is all I mean.

The third movie against Molly.
Didn't every character lose to Molly? Its been years since i've seen that movie but if everyone did you can't really call Brock's Onix weak since they all loss to her.

.......I'd be ok with Brock staying if they gave him something to do. Which won't happen but like they won't so maybe Brock is better off at the gym just appearing in Pallet episodes with Misty and Tracey.

halloweenghost
13th May 2006, 9:39 AM
Well Molly's pokemon where not real anyways..they were created by the unown, so it doesn't really count as they were like super strong.

DEMONCAMERUPT
13th May 2006, 11:46 AM
I wonder if the Aggron and Charizard that show up are wild ones that Team Rocket trick into helping them and in the end maybe Jiroo captures Aggron for his own team.

Torkoal Stu
13th May 2006, 11:51 AM
I wonder if the Aggron and Charizard that show up are wild ones that Team Rocket trick into helping them and in the end maybe Jiroo captures Aggron for his own team.
Hope you're joking.

Hmm i'd say that Aggron and Charizard are from the Boss and somehow managed make them not think Jessie and James are failures anymore, even though they are. :P

The Benmeister
13th May 2006, 11:53 AM
I say this a lot, but there seems to have been no reason to have select two gym leaders end up as main characters, except that maybe the writers were lazy coming up with designs for party members. Besides, when you think about it, Takeshi joining up with Satoshi in the first place didn't make much sense (I'll give Kasumi the benefit of a doubt because she had her bike trashed, and in the anime continuity, she wasn't exactly a gym leader anyway, not until later on).

Munou: "Hey, random trainer that came into town, I mock you if you think you can take on Takeshi, even though he's a gym leader and loses to millions of trainers like you."

Satoshi: "I'll show you.... OH! NOES! I GOT PWNZORED!"

Munou: "Man, you took quite a beating.... I see potential in you. I'll help charge up your Pikachu."

Satoshi: "Yay! Now my Pikachu is all uber and stuff.... but not really.... but I set off the sprinklers that this seemingly incombustable building just happened to have anyway, so it doesn't matter. Now I'm gonna pwn Iwark.... but not really, because those sprinklers were cheap after all."

Takeshi: "I got my a** kicked by millions of trainers before you, and yet you just happen to be the one person in existance who showed me true sportsmanship. Here's your badge."

Satoshi: "Yay!"

Munou: "I am really his father, and I'm going to return to my responsibilities with the family. I didn't want to before, because I was just waiting for my son to admit defeat to you, random trainer #1907268 whom I just so happened to see more potential in."

Takeshi: "Good, now get to work you lazy s***! Wow, now I'm free.... I'm going to join up and travel with you, random trainer whom my father saw potential in. I'm going to pursue a career in Pokemon breeding, because it was the best excuse the writers could come up with for me, a former gym leader, to bother travelling with the likes of you, a rookie. And in the long run, if you're lucky, you won't even have to deal with my pursuit of this goal and I'll be little more than your personal cook and cheerleader."

Satoshi: "Yay! I got a cheerleader. In yo' face, Shigeru!"

Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Meh, that's Kanto for you.

Geki
13th May 2006, 3:26 PM
It'd be awesome if that Steelix was Brock/Jiroo's. So Ash and Brock are going to be on a team battling or something?

Jo-Jo
13th May 2006, 4:09 PM
Have we seen Brock do any Breeding work at all recently, or in the last Saga? Not so much.
Does that matter? Brock is still A Breeder. That's his goal. Just like Tracey's a watcher and Misty's a water Pokemon trainer. Brock having to be a gym leader again is incongruous with his goal, especially looking back at Showdown In Pewter City. At least with Misty, being a Water Gym Leader is somewhere in the same field as a Water Pokemon Master.

sam_h12
13th May 2006, 4:53 PM
I am surprised Brocks Onix evolved. Maybe Brock is angry in the preview about his brothers evolving his Onix. Anyway, glad to see Brocks shafted Crobat and Geodude again. Maybe his brother caught that Aggron as well.

that is actually a good assumption! steelix isnt a rock-type anymore is it, therefore Brock should be angry. and, like everyone else, im confuzzled at the aggron and charizard, steelix AND geodude battling (defend pewter gym! tag battle! wonder what thats all about - tr? parents? water-type mother?)

i really wanna see some Crobat action. its good we get to see geodude actually make use of itself (sandstorm! yay!). and the animations ARE great. (love the water pulse).

and please brock, PLEASE take back steelix/crobat...

and to yamato-san: omg that is so hilarious. we should all write stories like that...

.Bambi.
13th May 2006, 7:09 PM
that is actually a good assumption! steelix isnt a rock-type anymore is it, therefore Brock should be angry. and, like everyone else, im confuzzled at the aggron and charizard, steelix AND geodude battling (defend pewter gym! tag battle! wonder what thats all about - tr? parents? water-type mother?)
If Brock were to get p'd-off because Onix evolved, him catching all the non-Rock types such as Ludicolo, Marshtomp, Crobat, etc. wouldn't make any sense.

Brock captured all these different types because he wanted to be a Breeder and expand his knowledge. Besides, Onix was Brock's first Pokemon, so I'm sure he'd be nothing but happy to see it evolved and growing stronger.

There really is no worry about not having enough Rock types. Jiroo still has Geodude and Flint has Golem. Hey, if Misty can use Staryu and Starmie, why can't the Pewter Gym? And lest we forget, it is now a Rock and Water Gym. A Gym where the likes of Ludicolo and Marshtomp would feel right at home...0_0

JazzJazz
14th May 2006, 1:58 AM
that is actually a good assumption! steelix isnt a rock-type anymore is it, therefore Brock should be angry.

I doubt it... it's not like he gave Jiroo a stern word about not evolving his pokemon or anything.

Magus
14th May 2006, 4:34 AM
If Brock does go back to the Pewter Gym at the end of BF, that doesn't mean he has to take over being the Gym Leader again and stop being a breeder. He could just go home so he can help Forrest prepare to really take over the Gym, and also do his breeder stuff there. It's not as if travelling from town to town is a requirement to be a breeder.

Fizban
14th May 2006, 5:11 AM
If Brock does go back to the Pewter Gym at the end of BF, that doesn't mean he has to take over being the Gym Leader again and stop being a breeder. He could just go home so he can help Forrest prepare to really take over the Gym, and also do his breeder stuff there. It's not as if travelling from town to town is a requirement to be a breeder.Not to mention that somebody needs to be a parent to those kids. Those two come off as such lousy parents, and leaving Ludiculo there was just plain reckless.

I'm honestly amazed that the gym is still standing at this point.

Torkoal Stu
14th May 2006, 8:27 AM
Well at least Flint has taken his appearence into mind now, he's wearing a suit in the preview it looked like.

Fizban
14th May 2006, 8:37 AM
Flint wearing a nice suit reminds me of the episode of South Park where Cartman wants to go to Kyle's birthday party at Casa Bonita.

Cartman: (wearing a nice sweater) Hi Kyle.
Kyle: That isn't it, Cartman.
Cartman: What isn't it?
Kyle: That's not being nice! That's just putting on a nice sweater!
Cartman: I don't understand the difference.
Kyle: I know you don't. (closes door)

Andromache
14th May 2006, 11:33 AM
I guess I'm the only one who wouldn't mind terribly if he became a GL again. Of course, it'd be really disheartening if he had to leave the series without a girl, though. I don't think Lucy quite cuts it, since I believe that was purely physical.

To be honest, I really don't understand how travelling helps Brock aside from meeting women anyway. He's already an adult who can take care of himself and other people and Pokemon. I don't see how it furthers his supposed breeding goal, which I have a hard time believing in because there's not much evidence that he's working toward it, seeing as how he only has one of each species and the goal isn't even clearly defined. Breeding implies mating pairs of Pokemon, raising the babies, and perhaps selling them when they are old enough for a higher price to cover time, supplies, vaccines, pedigree, etc. But somehow, I don't think that would be Brock's style.

As for battling, we've already seen that he's certainly competent, and twice now, he's been completely enraged that his mother screwed up the Gym. He often will say something about a battle strategy or Pokemon attacks. As it is, breeding simply seems to entail knowing a Pokemon's preferences in terms of food and perhaps mere physical maintenance, which would be advantageous to know even as a Gym Leader. Perhaps it'd be even more advantageous to know if you battle Pokemon, in the sense that they'd be in top form.

What we have here is a split between stated goals and evidence in action, and I see more instances of Brock's Gym Leader roots and compassion for Pokemon than anything that resembles actual breeding. I believe that he does enjoy raising Pokemon more than battling, but then again, he isn't exactly averse to battle. Perhaps he simply wants it to be a choice rather than an obligation, which makes complete sense. I don't believe it's so much that he doesn't want to be a Gym Leader - it's more about the lack of choice.

However, it's true that if he left the series now, he'd be right back to where he was in the beginning, and that's not very satisfying. He needs to achieve his goal and find a wife. What I'm saying, though, is that if he decided to be a GL again, I'd say it was still in line with who he is. If he did it now because his parents neglect the place and his brother can't run it yet, he would be unhappy, and that's certainly not what I want. But if all breeding is is care and maintenance, he does that anyway and would still have to do it on top of Badge battles, so it wouldn't change much.

But I think the writers wrote themselves into a corner on this issue because it makes more sense for Brock to be at a breeding center and learning about different Pokemon in one place, as opposed to roaming around and not getting any specialized training and not having any breeder contests to compete in. But he can't do that and still be on the show, and not defining his goal makes it hard to know exactly what kind of progress has been made in that department. So I think Brock actually has a lot of contradictions in his character and so he can be seen in different ways.

P.S. Onix evolving is sort of disappointing to me, since Onix had been Brock's starter. It's even worse that Brock never got to see it evolve, at least. I feel like an essential part of his character has just been killed. At least, it was essential to my interpretation, and I hate to have to revise it in light of this. I doubt he'd be particularly ticked about it, though. For all I know, the evolution might have been spontaneous or due to a particularly tough battle, which happens all the time. It must have been out of Forrest's hands.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
14th May 2006, 1:04 PM
I think its good that Onix evolved. You can tell it was his one from the preview. But why is it that most Lairon/Aggron use Water Pulse? It's like Mightyena and Shadow Ball.

CyberCubed
14th May 2006, 6:02 PM
Andromache, I couldn't have said it better myself. If they really do plan on having Brock stay at the Gym after the BF, I at least hope he gets a woman.

Lucy IS in Kanto, so it's not too farfetched that once she finds out that he's a Gym leader (I don't think she ever knew that in her episode), that she'd come to visit Pewter Gym.

Essentially the writers really have wrote themselves into a corner with Brock's breeding subplot, but as we can see from AG, it's not like the writers have had Brock do any breeding while on the cast.

If he became the Gym leader again, Lucy Returned, and he would retain his breeding aspect at home as well, it would be the best case scenario for him.

intergalactic platypus
14th May 2006, 6:43 PM
Brock doesn't even have a breeding subplot anymore. He should have gone with Misty and died a slightly more dignified death on the series then being dragged out on the series and having his character slowly suffocate in his own uselesness. Hopefully he goes back to being the gym leader, and maybe pull a Misty by getting some serious character development in the specials

onix lord
14th May 2006, 8:28 PM
I'm looking forward to this episode. I want to see it just for the Steelix. And the fact that Brock is my favorite character and I love whenever he battles.

JazzJazz
14th May 2006, 9:00 PM
Brock doesn't even have a breeding subplot anymore. He should have gone with Misty and died a slightly more dignified death on the series then being dragged out on the series and having his character slowly suffocate in his own uselesness. Hopefully he goes back to being the gym leader, and maybe pull a Misty by getting some serious character development in the specials

I agree with everything you've said, except that I want to see Brock stay. I'd love for the writers to actually invest some time into his character and have him start to pursue his goals in a similar fashion to Ash & May... but I know I'm just dreaming here.

Magus
15th May 2006, 12:18 AM
The difference is, Ash and May actually need to travel to accomplish their goals. While we're not sure exactly what becoming a Pokémon Master entails in the anime, we know that it requires battling other trainers. We know also that becoming Top Coordinator requires winning Contests. Being a breeder, on the other hand, seems to entail nothing more than caring for Pokémon. That's something Brock can do anywhere, on the road or in the comfort of his own home.

That's most likely why the writers have done so little to actually focus on Brock's goal: they've realized that nothing about it actually requires him to follow Ash and company around.

Heracross
15th May 2006, 1:48 AM
That's most likely why the writers have done so little to actually focus on Brock's goal: they've realized that nothing about it actually requires him to follow Ash and company around.
Sure it doesn't require him to travel around, but there have been things on their journey which related to his breeding skills, and the writers simply dropped the ball and chose for him to stand in the background through all of it.

ShadowDragon
15th May 2006, 2:15 AM
I miss the days when Brock would say something like "To be a top breeder, you need to be able to ..." and then he would do that thing, like trying to make friends with the injured baby Stantler etc. I realy wish that he actually started interacting with pokemon in those sort of situations a bit more. While Ash gets badges, and May gets ribbons, Brock could lead expeditions, and talk about how Pokemon act and live in the wild. He would be a sort of tour guide/ranger. Weird idea that I just came up with, but hey, it would be pretty cool.

HoennMaster
15th May 2006, 5:13 AM
How does that relate to the episode?

Lux
15th May 2006, 7:20 AM
^Maybe ShadowDragon was trying to make a point about Brock getting some more screen time in the show. Well, this is going to be a Brock episode, and I'm glad Battle Frontier is giving him some attention. The BF arc gave Brock much more episodes (Bonsly, Marshtomp, the thing with Lucy, the contest), than the entire Hoenn League. Maybe he is going to leave the gang... the writers have done something similar to Misty, by giving her Corsola, the Whril Cup, etc, before Gotta Catch You Later. Just a thought.

ShadowDragon
15th May 2006, 9:15 AM
That is what I was trying to allude to. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Basically saying that if Brock stays with the show for a while longer, I hope this episode is the start of the old Brock returning. Maybe seeing his old Pokemon will remind him about what he wants to accomplish as a breeder.

The Big Al
15th May 2006, 11:36 AM
What's with messing with poor Takeshi's gym? First time it was filled with water and now it's painted with Roses. (At least Rock Pokemon can still live there.) A Charizard makes his return it appears. I'll be waiting for this.

Andromache
15th May 2006, 12:46 PM
I agree with everything you've said, except that I want to see Brock stay. I'd love for the writers to actually invest some time into his character and have him start to pursue his goals in a similar fashion to Ash & May... but I know I'm just dreaming here.

I agree. Seeing as Brock's my favorite character, if he left the show, it would lose a lot of its appeal for me. At the same time, though, the fact he's there but the writers keep passing up opportunities to develop his character or have him show his empathy for Pokemon is very frustrating. So I'd much rather see him stay, but I can't see how he'd get any development with the rest of the group and their Pokemon to look after. Once again he isn't following his dream because he swapped his biological family for his friends.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of sad. He and Misty both sort of ended up where they started. Certainly I imagine traveling and seeing the world has enriched them both, but ultimately, I think they could pursue their goals at home anyway. Brock could pursue breeding and maybe have Pokemon battles sometimes to help out Flint or whoever the current Gym Leader is. That might be the best of both worlds for him. He could be a Deputy Leader or something, or an assistant, like some GLs have.

I know it's my turn to dream, but I seriously want Brock to get a girl he has some connection with. I'd like the relationship to be developed believably and explained. There's still that breeder girl from the Contest ep. I know she elected to help the worse trainer, but I don't think it was necessarily a complete rejection, was it? Okay, so maybe it was implied, but Brock could have been misinterpreting...If he does leave the series soon, I just want to be sure it's a good ending and not something where he meets some random woman, goes wild over her as usual, and miraculously hits it off. *That* would be unbelievable.

JazzJazz
15th May 2006, 9:34 PM
Being a breeder, on the other hand, seems to entail nothing more than caring for Pokémon. That's something Brock can do anywhere, on the road or in the comfort of his own home.

I actually think that learning to become a breeder would actually require Brock to travel around... he has to learn from and experience all different kinds of pokemon and environments that he couldn't do from his own home.

MechaBulba
16th May 2006, 10:50 AM
I actually think that learning to become a breeder would actually require Brock to travel around... he has to learn from and experience all different kinds of pokemon and environments that he couldn't do from his own home.

But he don't seem 2 do that anymore! Not as much as in the 1rst Kanto series!
What i don'y get is that if he wants 2 be a breeder he needs 2 get close 2 Pokemon 2 learn what they r like yet has not connected or at least with have not seen him really connect with his pokemon unlike Ash and May!

Hopefully seeing his old pokemon and that his Onix evolved will give him some more emotion 2wards them!

Andromache
16th May 2006, 11:15 AM
Oh no. There are lots of examples of his connections to his Pokemon. There's the Mudkip ep, where they show that Mudkip is initially very hesitant to trust Brock, but after he saves it, it takes orders from him and at the time, it's not officially his. It also eventually chooses to go with him in the end.

There's Lotad, who asked Brock to take it along because Brock had been compassionate toward it and taught it to water the garden.

There's Vulpix, who only allowed Brock to get close to it, and he was a complete stranger. It was just based on his food.

Golbat and Pineco stayed with him when he was sick.

Bonsly is self-explanatory, I think.

As for Onix and Geodude, well, I remember he was quite caring toward them when they'd get hurt in battle and to this day, he still chooses Onix/Steelix to battle with for the Gym, so I think he's definitely got ties to everyone.

JazzJazz
16th May 2006, 9:39 PM
Oh no. There are lots of examples of his connections to his Pokemon.

You're right, Brock has strong connections with his pokemon, but you'd think that a pokemon breeder would need to be able to make connections with any pokemon... be it wild or trained.

HoennMaster
17th May 2006, 3:51 AM
he has connections to Ash, Misty, and May's pokemon. Plus some wild ones

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
17th May 2006, 3:53 AM
I'm pretty sure that the Steelix belongs to Jiroo/Forest/Brock's oldest brother, since I paused a section of the preview and I saw Steelix with Crobat, they were in the background while the gang was in the front.

HoennMaster
17th May 2006, 4:06 AM
Yep, we know, Geodude, Crobat, and Steelix were together and most assume it is Brock's. We'll find out Thursday/Friday for sure

MagicBox
17th May 2006, 4:32 AM
he has connections to Ash, Misty, and May's pokemon. Plus some wild onesLike Stantler & Sharpedo, for instance. Plus, remember way back when the gang had Larvitar? It was afraid of Brock when he tried to cheer it up, but then a few episodes later, we see Brock carrying it in his arms.

Now, I know those aren't a lot of examples, but those are the only times Brock has actually tried to bond with a wild Pokemon one-on-one. It proves that he can, so he has made some progress since he joined the group, as little progress as it was.

HoennMaster
17th May 2006, 4:40 AM
I think he only tries to "bond" with wild pokemon when they are in trouble

Shadowcat
17th May 2006, 8:23 AM
Alrighty, I'm posting here again, wtf.

Anyways, this episode is definitely interesting. Hm... Steelix? Pretty interesting to have one there. Aggron with Water Pulse? Interesting. I hope Aggron belongs to Jiroo, I'd like to see him actually catching/having a Pokemon of his own, not a Pokemon given to him by Brock.

Geodude? Ooh... Crobat? Both should appear more or Brock should take them with him. Ludicolo had his screentime in Hoenn.

Now, time to do some random glibberish stuff.

Andromache
17th May 2006, 8:29 AM
He'd make a great Pokemon doctor, I guess. He was interested in it, I remember.

HoennMaster
17th May 2006, 1:29 PM
Alrighty, I'm posting here again, wtf.

Anyways, this episode is definitely interesting. Hm... Steelix? Pretty interesting to have one there. Aggron with Water Pulse? Interesting. I hope Aggron belongs to Jiroo, I'd like to see him actually catching/having a Pokemon of his own, not a Pokemon given to him by Brock.

Geodude? Ooh... Crobat? Both should appear more or Brock should take them with him. Ludicolo had his screentime in Hoenn.

Now, time to do some random glibberish stuff.

Ludicolo had its screentime? It barely had any! Ludicolo needs to return

JONNO.FRESH
17th May 2006, 1:48 PM
Steelix better be Brock's Onix evolved. Aggron hopefully Jiroo's. Cant wait for this epie

Solar boy Nick
17th May 2006, 1:57 PM
I found the video btw

http://www.pokemon.co.il/index.php?page=nweek

skarmachild
17th May 2006, 2:03 PM
I found the video btw

http://www.pokemon.co.il/index.php?page=nweek

No you didn't, a video link was already posted on page one - please look next time.

Shadowcat
18th May 2006, 8:02 AM
Ludicolo appeared more than the others in Hoenn, tbh.

Well, if he didn't, Lombre and Lotad sure did.

Pika Hikari KT
19th May 2006, 3:50 AM
Well, well, well...it's seems our old friend Delibird has come back for an encore!:D Though the Pokéballs containing the Aggron(the hell did Gio get one of those?! One of his admins?) and Charizard were meant for--you guessed it--Butch and Cassidy(so it's one time only.:().^^; I liked Delibird, the thing had a really cute voice.:p

As we all thought, the Steelix is Brock's Onix. Poor Geodude; he's gotten the shaft more than Zubat(at least Zubat actually won a couple of matches before it evolved!)!:( Brock'd better take both of them along...maybe give Jiroo Marshtomp in return considering Bonsly's the only other link to his breeder goal(and the dub gave Jiroo a rather adoscelent guy personality...same as his big brother).:/

CyberCubed
19th May 2006, 3:51 AM
According to the 9th movie posters Brock doesn't take any of his old Pokes with him. :/

HoennMaster
19th May 2006, 4:50 AM
that really sucks. I wanted him to bring Ludicolo, Steelix, and Crobat with him. You would think that he would have brought Steelix with him since it just evolved!

Pika Hikari KT
19th May 2006, 12:28 PM
Okay, now THAT is total BS. Poor Brock...I mean, he could've taken HIS first Pokémon along in exchange for his damn Forretress(totally forgot he had it). Does he even use it for TR anymore?!@_@

Torkoal Stu
19th May 2006, 12:38 PM
He used it in the last Contest episode briefly.

And we can't go by Movie Posters really, it may not of shown all his Pokemon, he might of taken one and then given it back before the movie is set.

Or something like that.

intergalactic platypus
19th May 2006, 9:59 PM
If Brock doesn't bring back a single old pokemon, that will just reflect the writers seeming issue with giving him character development. I swear they have a grudge against him or something, because this is the perfect oppurtunity to give him an interesting pokemon and if they don't then they're just letting him stay a set piece. I don't understand the writers

CyberCubed
19th May 2006, 10:08 PM
It would kinda make sense though if this is his final region. Why bother to have him take old Pokemon back if he's only going to be around for another 15 or so episodes anyway?

Torkoal Stu
19th May 2006, 10:12 PM
It would kinda make sense though if this is his final region. Why bother to have him take old Pokemon back if he's only going to be around for another 15 or so episodes anyway?
CC not saying he won't leave, but there is stil a chance he won't. So don't get ahead of yourself.

o_o;

EDIT: Wait I missed the first part of "if this is his final region". I thought you said it is his final region. XP

jolteonjak
20th May 2006, 2:03 AM
At first I was kinda annoyed he didn't take at least Crobat with him, but if this really IS his last season, then...Oh well. lol

Missingno. Master
20th May 2006, 2:07 AM
OK, so Charizard and Aggron were meant for Butch and Cassidy? Is that why Delibird took them back? And in that case, couldn't Jesie and James easily trick Delibird? Maybe hand it 2 empty Pokeballs? In any case, it's a shame. I would've liked to see them keep Aggron and Charizard.

Blazken
20th May 2006, 2:23 AM
The battle looks good.

it would been better if geodude Evolved but it's nice too see a Onix Evolved into steelix.

Is it me or is this Charizard oversize he look like the same side as Aggron.

Torkoal Stu
20th May 2006, 8:51 AM
OK, so Charizard and Aggron were meant for Butch and Cassidy? Is that why Delibird took them back? And in that case, couldn't Jesie and James easily trick Delibird? Maybe hand it 2 empty Pokeballs? In any case, it's a shame. I would've liked to see them keep Aggron and Charizard.
No, James and Jessie aren't meant to win and have super power Pokemon, hence why all their Pokemon seem to weaken down when caught by them. So if they were meant to have an Aggron they would.

I don't think the writters would allow J&J to have any Pokemon that could easily beat Ash and Co.

Serebii
20th May 2006, 8:55 AM
Where the hell are you people getting that this is Brock's last season

God I wish you people would stop using speculation as fact