View Full Version : Two new Revamps

miken park
12th May 2006, 10:53 PM
Silver Sandslash

Silver Wooper

Comments and Constructive crit please

12th May 2006, 11:01 PM
Umm its wooper not wopper. But cute. Sandslash looks odd in some way.

12th May 2006, 11:11 PM
XD at Wopper. Would you like fries with that?

But seriously, those are really very good! You did a very neat, clean job, their outlines and shading being much better than the originals.
The one thing I can say isn't perfect is the shading. I'm really just nitpicking, as it's very good, but you'll notice that the shadows on the Wooper -the dark blue, not the outlining- is a bit too dark in comparison, especially because you used a bit too much, Reduce the shadows a little bit- on the head there should be less at the bottom, it shouldn;t go so far to the right on the body and it's a bit too big on the tail. However it might also work out better if you just make it a slightly lighter color.

I don't see anything really wrong on the Sandslash, except that on the claws you could maybe have had a highlight to show off the shinyness and shape a bit more. Nothing else to really comment on other than that- it's very good!

So...yeah. Not much to say other than they're very good revamps. You might want to fix up the shading where I pointed it out, but it's not the end of the world if you leave them- they still look great.

Keep up the awesome work!

12th May 2006, 11:19 PM
Nice jobs on both normal and shiny.

miken park
13th May 2006, 3:33 AM
Wow. I didn't expect such good feedback. I fixed the wooper (I think)

13th May 2006, 3:47 AM
^^ It certaily looks terrific, now! I'm glad someone actually listened to what I said for once (you'd be surprised to find out how often I'm either completely ignored or flamed for posting simple feedback). Definitely looks great- the shadows were dubbed down enough that they look a lot more natural, now!
Awesome job fixing it up, Lieutenant Arbiter! *salutes*

Hoping to see more from you! Bonne chance (good luck)!

Hyper Shadow
13th May 2006, 3:51 AM
I think they both lookawesome!

13th May 2006, 5:23 AM
I liked the Silver Sandslash revamp, it looks very cool. And the Silver Wooper looks very cute. Keep it up!

Alphonse Elric
13th May 2006, 7:51 AM
They look good, but I find the shiny Sandslash a bit... odd. I dunno, maybe it's because the red color on it's spikes make them look too much like blood. O__O

Other than that, they're pretty good. The shiny Wooper looks like a little Pecha Berry. :P

13th May 2006, 9:20 AM
Cool sprites. They are definitely neat and good. I like your Sandslash, fixing those claws, to shine would make him look great!

Zero Nexus
13th May 2006, 10:35 AM
Silver Sandslash

Silver Wooper

Comments and Constructive crit please

cool,i love teh sandslash!

13th May 2006, 2:00 PM
Someone who actually revamps properly. =) Nice to see black outlines.

With the sandlash, the two... "plates" I suppose they would be called, by its left paw look a bit too light, or maybe just dont have any other shading that the lightest red. Also, you may want to use a darker red for the insie of the shiny ones eye, or at least cover some of the red thats there with black.

Nice revamps, hope to see more from you.

miken park
13th May 2006, 8:54 PM
Well, Here's Noctowl

I'm going to fix Sanslash after I save him back onto the computer(Brilliant me saved over him) ><
EDIT:Hopefully fixed

14th May 2006, 3:15 AM
I liked the Noctowl revamp, it looks very cool too.

miken park
15th May 2006, 5:26 AM

I'm proud of this one

Alphonse Elric
15th May 2006, 5:31 AM
Noctowl looks cool.

But I really like the Tyranitar revamp. It kicks ***! Good job.

15th May 2006, 5:34 AM
Another revamps, I liked the Tyranitar one, it looks very awesome. Keep it up!